User Reviews for Ledipasvir / sofosbuvir

Also known as: Harvoni

Hepatitis C
8.6

Reviews may be moderated to correct grammar/spelling or remove inappropriate language. Reviews that appear to be created by parties with a vested interest in the medication will not be published.

Reviews for Ledipasvir / sofosbuvir

RB · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 25, 2020

For Hepatitis C: “Had stage 3.5 to 4 cirrhosis and hep c when starting a 24 week regimen of Harvoni in 2015. After 8 weeks I had no viral load but continued the complete 24 week regimen until released from treatment. Had no side effects whatsoever and still no viral load of hep c in almost 2021. I consider Harvoni a life saving drug and my compensated cirrhosis is treating me just fine so far. No problems at 71 years young. Thank you Harvoni.”

Rob · Taken for 6 months to 1 year September 18, 2020

Harvoni (ledipasvir / sofosbuvir) for Hepatitis C: “In 1980 I received a blood transfusion and for about 20 years I always felt ill, finally I was diagnosed with HCV. I had genotype 1 which was treated with Pegasus, of course it didn’t work. I was devastated and almost fell apart. In 2015 I had Harvoni and to my surprise it worked. I have been hepatitis free for the past 5 years and my health is better although I now have diabetes from the Pegasus which I was warned about but took the risk. I received my treatment in Australia which was on the Pharmaceutical Benefits Scheme.”

DM · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 17, 2020

For Hepatitis C: “My father took sofosbuvir/ledipasvir 12 weeks therapy during the summer of 2018. He was HCV positive for more than 30 yrs (got HCV after blood transfusion during surgery in 1980's). Before treatment, he was clinically examined (biochemistry and radiology) and got all clear to start treatment. After finishing treatment in Sep 2018, he got retested and was negative on HCV test. Only a month after that, he was incidentically diagnosed with aggressive metastatic kidney urothelial cancer (UTUC). Started chemotherapy, partial response. Year after UTUC diagnosis, he was diagnosed with second cancer - prostate adenocarcinoma (even more aggressive, since it became resistant to all possible treatments). Sadly, he passed away in June 2020. I'm not sure if DAA (sofosbuvir/ledipasvir) therapy led to cancers. But after studying many other similar testimonials and research papers, I think it was the cause.”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 7, 2015

Harvoni (ledipasvir / sofosbuvir) for Hepatitis C: “Just finished my fourth week of harvoni. No side effects worth mentioning. Nice surprises, eye whites became WHITE the second week, urine pale yellow, my limbs and joints feel lighter, I have great energy, anxiety which was ever present melted away, I sleep better and wake rested, I have a real appetite (not because of or to quench nausea - which is gone too). I feel like I am brand new. Mental sharpness, clarity and concentration much better too. Had the darn disease so long I forgot what feeling good really meant. 1st blood test tomorrow, I started at 13 million.... I'll be a monkeys uncle if it's not working. I feel fantastic! Thank you Gilead, my hero.”

Uncle T February 8, 2015

Harvoni (ledipasvir / sofosbuvir) for Hepatitis C: “Did not choose to try any of the older meds (interferon etc.) I knew I felt bad enough and could not handle the side effects for that long. Harvoni worked like a miracle with slight side effects. I have been given a second lease on life. Thank God.”

WATTIE1096 · Taken for less than 1 month December 31, 2014

Harvoni (ledipasvir / sofosbuvir) for Hepatitis C: “Side effects are light- fatigue and a bit of a headache. I did find it easier to take it an hour after dinner. WAY better then the triple-threat approach. My blood work does indicate that I am in the beggining stages of cirrhosis. I also had Hep B in 1994. So far, it's like a miracle. Other than the fatigue (which is nothing if you've suffered Jaundice or the 'Sickie' symptoms that Hep C can cause), it's business as usual.”

Fawndawn · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 24, 2015

Harvoni (ledipasvir / sofosbuvir) for Hepatitis C: “I am entering the final countdown of treatment, 10 pills to go. Was put on the 12 week treatment after failing the triple medicine treatment 2 years ago. Developed a rash so severe my Dr. took me off the medicines. Harvoni has given me hope for a future without Hep C. I have had no side effects other than a slight headache the first week. Now the wait begins to make sure the virus is eradicated after 12 weeks of treatment.”

girlbuzz June 11, 2015

Harvoni (ledipasvir / sofosbuvir) for Hepatitis C: “I took harvoni for 3 months, missing only 1 dose which I made up quickly. No side effects at all. Tiredness was equal to tiredness prior to taking. I received my 2 month blood test after treatment & I AM CURED!! thanks to my doctor & his nurse & the manufacturer & the good Lord above.”

Rmid · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 26, 2015

Harvoni (ledipasvir / sofosbuvir) for Hepatitis C: “Had Hep C for many years but didn't worry too much (except to protect others) until my tests (liver function, Hepascore, etc.) began to indicate treatment was in order. Admittedly, worried about the side effects I (a bit psychosomaticly) attributed every sound of my body, twitch, pain, rumble, headache, discomfort to the Harvoini. It became difficult to remember exactly how I felt before the pills and even if I could, was whatever problem I had related to the Hep C? A bunch of things did occur during the 84 days of treatment including one night of night sweats, some real fatigue in the 16-21 day period, Bells Palsy symptoms (all of them), and a few other things which I recalled also sometimes occurred before the Harvoni. As to the sweating--You know how when you have a cold, after a few days you sweat during the night and the cold is broken. Colds are viruses. Hep C is a virus. I decided to interpret the sweats as a good sign the virus is losing ground. There’s so much more to say but overall my side effects were minimal and 2 months after my 84th pill I’m undetected and clearly the Harvoini did that, so thank you Gilead. My advice is unless the doctor tells you, don’t stop. A couple of months of discomfort is nothing compared to the consequences of Hep C and we’re fortunate we don’t have to endure the interferon regimen of those who were treated in the past. I wish you all the best.”

Anonymous October 17, 2015

Harvoni (ledipasvir / sofosbuvir) for Hepatitis C: “Hep C,1a. Started Harvoni on APRIL 15th, 2015. Ended medication on July 7th,2015. First blood test came on day 29,(day after first script ran out) Result of First Test; (undetected) Same for the 2nd blood test. Day after script ran out. Result of test; (undetected) After the last script ran out the Doctor waited 92 days for my Final Blood Test. Result of Last Blood Test: (Undetected). Harvoni Did It! I am now clear of Hep C. What a Great Medication.”

Sorry I took it · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 24, 2015

Harvoni (ledipasvir / sofosbuvir) for Hepatitis C: “In time the truth will come out about this drug. Many folks are having cardiac issues, and many of us are sicker than before we started it. It is a big money scam and they are not being honest about it!”

Pedro C November 8, 2015

Harvoni (ledipasvir / sofosbuvir) for Hepatitis C: “I am 68 years old and was told about 25 years ago that I had had Hep C. I had no side effects from the virus. I am active swimming and during Yoga. Went to John Hopkins because my Primary Doctor was concerned since my VL was 16,000,000. I was stage 3 Fibrosis of the liver.. I took Harvoni for four weeks and the HCV is not detected. I will continue the med for 8 more weeks. This stuff works.”

Kdeebud March 5, 2015

Harvoni (ledipasvir / sofosbuvir) for Hepatitis C: “I have been on Harvoni for 4 weeks. It's cleared my psoriasis up. I was covered with it. I also have lost weight Headaches, fatigue. Nausea. This is helping me with better than anything thing else I have tried. I have been waiting a long time for this.”

cream de coco December 18, 2015

Harvoni (ledipasvir / sofosbuvir) for Hepatitis C: “my experience with harvoni was pleasant I had no side effects at all and I sure was expecting some. I felt normal everyday. At first I was denied for the drug my insurance would not cover it. I have medicaid and medicare my doctor put up a fight and kept applying until she somehow got it compare to the 15 or 20 years. I had hep c 3 months of medication was a rain drop in the bucket I expected side effects because I always got the raw deals in life. I didn't think I would be cured as I had it so long. I took my meds like i was supposed to 3 months went by like a breeze it was going away but for sure I knew that ugly monster would resurface - well not at all. I am told by doctors I am cured may others be cured also'”

Kathie1990 April 26, 2015

Harvoni (ledipasvir / sofosbuvir) for Hepatitis C: “Just finished my 5th week out of 24 weeks of treatment. My first lab result at the end of week 4 came back UNDETECTED! I have been praying for this day. I have not had any side effects. I have suffered from insomnia and fatigue for over ten years. This has not changed since starting Harvoni. Death to Hep C.”

Anonymous3333333 May 2, 2016

Harvoni (ledipasvir / sofosbuvir) for Hepatitis C: “This medication has almost zero side effects. I read all the reviews & I was so afraid to take it. But I've been taking it for almost three weeks & I feel better than ever. There are no side effects. Don't listen to all the people who talk bad about it. I don't understand what is wrong with all of them, but it's fine. I just wanted to tell everyone this.”

Harvoni Kid October 11, 2015

Harvoni (ledipasvir / sofosbuvir) for Hepatitis C: “I had Hep C for over 35 years. I took Harvoni for 12 weeks. 12 weeks after completing Harvoni I had a blood test and I was Hep C free. I am cured. I was genyo type 1a. ?This is our miracle drug. I had 3 prior treatments that made me feel terrible. A total of almost 3 yrs on treatment. Nothing worked. Harvoni is your cure.”

Lucky B · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 8, 2015

Harvoni (ledipasvir / sofosbuvir) for Hepatitis C: “Have been on Harvoni for 6 weeks only symptoms are some fatigue and sometime slight stomach upset. I have already cleared of the virus! But I must keep on taking Harvoni for 3 months. It seems like a miracle!”

Biohazardman June 30, 2016

Harvoni (ledipasvir / sofosbuvir) for Hepatitis C: “I picked up a cheeseburger wrapper off of the seat of a transit bus back in 1990. It had a syringe wrapped in it and I managed to hit it on the back of the seat and stab and inject whatever was in it into my hand. I was a lab rat for the High dose Interferon Ribavirin combo treatment in yearly 2000 but was booted from the trials because of problems they found in my blood. Never told them about passing out ect just wanted to be better or not be at all as I felt so poorly. Harvoni side effects are mild for me they include a ten point increase in blood pressure, an increase in insomnia troubles, metallic taste in mouth and a slight headache. I am sixty-three years old and on week nine of my twelve week Harvoni treatment. Mental sharpness, clarity and concentration were a little better right away. My night sweats and itching are mostly a thing of the past, my energy increased, extreme fatigue was replaced by a light relaxed tired feeling and much of the HCV fog lifted by week 3 I can actually think again and move at the same speed everyone else does what a plus! I am grateful for those that pioneered the medication I thank them and God bless them for all their hard work. As for those who set the unholy prices to get gain and extort money us, our insurance companies and the very government that paid billions for the research for the cure they should be in prison. Shame on you Gilead and all of your greedy investors who make untold Billions of dollars while so many millions in the world suffer and many die just so you can get monetary gain! Judgement awaits each of you.”

Thor's Hammer · Taken for less than 1 month July 2, 2015

Harvoni (ledipasvir / sofosbuvir) for Hepatitis C: “I have just finished a 12 week treatment period and my last blood work was viral free as it was after the 8th week. My viral count was 3,000,000 at the outset of treatment, 45 after 4 weeks and, as I said, undetected after the 8th week, I have experienced some mild diarrhea, briefly, and mild tiredness....but I'm 69 years old so who's to say?”

StandUpForFaith · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 17, 2015

Harvoni (ledipasvir / sofosbuvir) for Hepatitis C: “After 40 years with HCV I started Harvoni 14 weeks ago. I am G1 with a VL of 9,000,000 but asymptomatic. After 6 weeks on Harvoni my blood test revealed no trace of the virus and all LFTS and bloodwork returned to normal. I was on 24 weeks of Incivik, Riba, and Interferon previously that almost killed me and had to stop because of the side effects. I take Harvoni in the morning with one Advil and a Centrum and forget about it. Absolutely no side effects at all. Thank God for the Gilead Support Path for providing Harvoni for me at no charge due to the fact that my overpriced BCBS Insurance denied coverage twice. Keep the faith!”

Tummy ache · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 10, 2015

Harvoni (ledipasvir / sofosbuvir) for Hepatitis C: “I think that I contracted hep C when I was born as a blue baby and needed blood, (back then they didn't test the blood) It was a direct transfer. But this can't be proven! Because the day you get HEP C is all a guess. I tried a treatment about 4 years ago and lasted about 15 days before I almost died( INCIVEK ). ... I did go through the Harvoni last year, with a complete success, so far....BUT, I had major stomach issues since. This started in the 2nd month of treatment and it has become a problem. Very strong burning pain, only after eating or drinking anything, including water. tried BOD diet, didn't work. Wondering if anyone else is having this problem? Hep C is still gone and has NOT returned... YEAH !!”

Kuhnster · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 15, 2016

Harvoni (ledipasvir / sofosbuvir) for Hepatitis C: “I had Hep C for over 45 years. I got it from IV drug use. Harvoni is a miracle treatment for me. I took one pill a day for 12 weeks. After 4 weeks of treatment it was non detectable. My blood work is exceptional and I didn't experience any side effects that made me want to stop treatment. I got a few headaches but they were mild and I took 1 or 2 Advil for relief. No big deal really. I had some stomach problems but once again very mild and manageable. My stools were often loose but not diarrhea. You do have to be careful not to take anything that might affect the medications strength. Simple things like antacids can lesson the effectiveness of Harvoni. I was taking Prilosec for acid reflux and was told that this medication would also effect it”

grannywpb · Taken for less than 1 month July 17, 2016

Harvoni (ledipasvir / sofosbuvir) for Hepatitis C: “Today is the sixth day of taking Harvoni. I have had Hep C for over 30 years, I am sure from my wild days and sharing needles. I feel like something must be wrong with me. I am reading all of the other reviews and everyone is reporting no or little side effects. I have been on this for six days, the first few days were a breeze, but, the last few... I am experiencing, diarrhea, nausea, I am so fatigued, I can barely get out of bed. I am weak and dizzy. None of these will make me quit taking the medicine, but, I wonder how I will be able to do this for 12 weeks. I really don't have a choice, my numbers jumped from 4,000,000 to 10,000,000 and have cirrhosis. I hope I get to the part where I feel better and more energetic than before soon!”

Janie_K January 10, 2016

Harvoni (ledipasvir / sofosbuvir) for Hepatitis C: “Started taking Harvoni Dec.15, 2015. Dr. said I only need 8 weeks of treatment. I take it in the morning after I eat breakfast, was told it is more effective if taken with meal. So far 4 weeks in, I have zero side effects, like taking a vitamin. I start my 2nd bottle in one more week. I am so happy my insurance covered this medication for me. I feel like I have been given a second chance in life and can't wait till I can say I beat this!”

Pablo673 · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 10, 2015

Harvoni (ledipasvir / sofosbuvir) for Hepatitis C: “I started Harvoni on 2/23/15. I'm on my 6th week. The side effects are headaches, brain fog, body ache, tiredness. My first lab results I received on 4/1/15 my doctor read the report to me and it showed no detection of Hep C. I was so excited I hugged my doctor. I had Hep C for 30 years. I've tried other treatments and they failed.When I started Harvoni on 2/23/15 my HepC levels were over ten million. I have 6 more weeks left to go with treatment. I'm getting through this by pushing myself and being active, it's very hard but you have to push. That's how I'm overcoming the side effects. Thank You Gilead, for making this drug possible and effective for a cure for Hep C.”

Chellemcg · Taken for less than 1 month August 17, 2016

Harvoni (ledipasvir / sofosbuvir) for Hepatitis C: “My husband started Harvoni on June 14, 2016. July 08, 2016 he died of an Aortic dissection and cardiac arrest. He saw his doctor regularly and had no signs of heart problems or high blood pressure. The doctor said that sometimes the Harvoni can increase your blood pressure. So please everyone, discuss this with your doctor.”

JamesC March 18, 2015

Harvoni (ledipasvir / sofosbuvir) for Hepatitis C: “I am on a 24 week regimen and into my 12th week. Some increased fatigue, way too much gas, increased appetite, and some insomnia are my current side affects. These are nothing compared to Interferon/Ribraviron. My only disappointment is my doc told me that my fatigue might not improve due to the fact that I have cirrhosis, but my bloodwork (low platelets, liver enzymes and viral count) is all normal. She told me that some of the fog associated with Hep C will be gone. I am very happy with the medication and course of treatment.”