User Reviews for Ledipasvir / sofosbuvir

8.6

Summary of Ledipasvir/sofosbuvir reviews 8.6 379 reviews

Reviews for Ledipasvir/sofosbuvir

Capt. Pip · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 3, 2019

Harvoni (ledipasvir / sofosbuvir) for Hepatitis C: "Male 68 yrs old. Have had Hep C for 40 yrs, known and felt its effects for over 20 yrs. Positive lifestyle changes in 2015 with wifes cancer brought better health to me unfortunately not to her. She died at end of 2016. Eight weeks of Harvoni in 2018 was all that was needed to end my nightmare with Hep C. After first week immediately began to see results. No more periods of extreme fatigue. Cloudy confusion began to clear. Depression of course. Hair loss you bet. Anger why not? Plenty of other stuff can be added, but I will not blame this drug that has ended my anxious outlook of the future. There were too many other things going on in my life that contributed to that aspect. One thing is for certain though. I don't have to be concerned anymore about what this virus is doing to my organs. I am confident that I will die of something else. Thanks Harvoni. Hep c free for one year."

inscore2 · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 28, 2019

Harvoni (ledipasvir / sofosbuvir) for Hepatitis C: "I am very sensitive to medications. However, I needed to take Harvoni because I didn't want Hep C anymore. One side effect was the first few days. I was tired and dizzy. After that, I struggled with stomach upset. I have acid reflux and I couldn't use any heartburn medication at all. Harvoni works with stomach acid. I took my pills every day at the same time. I was only late once in the whole 12 weeks. The end result was no more hep c. I did gain weight afterward. I am guessing because I am not sick anymore. ( I was around people in public and my children. I never got sick from being around others)"

Crankeyguy · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 14, 2019

Harvoni (ledipasvir / sofosbuvir) for Hepatitis C: "Took Harvoni a little more than 2 years ago and have been going down hill ever since. Soon after finishing my 3 month treatments, I come down with Leukemia. CLL wish I would have stayed sick with HCV I am very weak and have a lot of complaints about how I feel now compared to before and I feel worse now.."

Scooter · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 18, 2019

Harvoni (ledipasvir / sofosbuvir) for Hepatitis C: "My wife took Harvoni in the fall of 2015. She was warned to avoid crowds as your immune system is suppressed but refused to avoid church. She contracted a respiratory infection that turned septic and killed her at age 56. The doctor agreed that Harvoni was contributory. My advice is to remain clear of crowded places while on Harvoni. She was cured of Hep C."

topogigio · Taken for 6 months to 1 year June 18, 2019

Harvoni (ledipasvir / sofosbuvir) for Hepatitis C: "I had Hepatitis C for 20yrs. I took Harvoni for six months. Hepatitis C virus undetected. Two weeks later gained 29lbs!,I lost my motivation to do everyday chores, three and a half yrs later,I am in a deep depression so bad that all I want to do is shut the world out, sleep all the time, find no joy in life. I feel apathetic everyday. Is this from Harvoni or is it just chronic depression?"

Island Girl · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 11, 2019

Harvoni (ledipasvir / sofosbuvir) for Hepatitis C: "I'm cured but the side effects!!! Hair loss, anxiety, restlessness, high blood pressure, sleep disorder. I think Gilead should be more honest about Harvoni's side effects. The other problem with these drugs is the packaging, how many of us have had to count our pills? They should be in blister packs clearly marked with the days of the week. I'm cured but I'm not a fan. I want the truth."

nik · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 6, 2019

Harvoni (ledipasvir / sofosbuvir) for Hepatitis C: "I took Harvoni for 60 days. 100% cured. Took this drug after going through a bad time for 1 year on Peg with riboviron cocktail. That sucked and it did not work. No real side effects at all with Harvoni. One pill a day and done. Do it. It changed my life."

HepCat54 June 3, 2019

Harvoni (ledipasvir / sofosbuvir) for Hepatitis C: "Been carrying the virus around 40 years, Starting week 9 of a 12 week treatment. Drug is easy to use, take a pill once a day is it. Side effects for me have been; exhaustive tiredness, reduced motivation, loss of appetite, Intestinal gas, pain, flatulence, some nausea, a few headaches, blurry vision, inflammatory flares of the GI tract, tinnitus during the flares, bouts of depression, feeling not so much sick as just feeling really low. Can only eat very small portions of anything, also have constipation. Oh, and must mention the weird heightened sense of smell. Symptoms have gradually increased as weeks go by. At first sporadic but now almost daily. I suppose because of the med buildup in my body. It's not a cakewalk but it's what we've got. Counting down the days until I can begin restoring and healing. Thinking about time at a spa resort to jump start things, massage, some chiropractic adjustments etc. as I begin to build back stamina and strength. Good luck and take care!"

CalArk · Taken for less than 1 month May 14, 2019

Harvoni (ledipasvir / sofosbuvir) for Hepatitis C: "I've had Hep C for 20 yrs+. I'm 51 with stage 3 Cirrhosis. I'm on my 3rd week of Harvoni and zero side effect, plenty of energy! I sleep great, have a healthy appetite etc. Will update once finished. I am very grateful for this treatment!"

Too new for me · Taken for less than 1 month May 9, 2019

Harvoni (ledipasvir / sofosbuvir) for Hepatitis C: "I took my first pill today . I was happy when it arrived to start treatment. Although I have been reading material independent studies, and message boards I become scared. Having led a healthy lifestyle I had no idea about Hep C . I have nausea so badly I couldn’t move, dehydrated from diarrhea and vomiting. Every muscle hurts I can’t get comfortable, I'm dizzy and feel like I’m in a fog, crazy headache. I know my body, this med is too strong and hasn’t been out long enough to determine what or if the long term effects are. My day was awful and I couldn’t go to my Doctors appointment today and this is day one! I know when I call tomorrow they will ask me to switch to night time but I can’t take this for another day. This drug was pushed out and jammed down peoples throats to soon. I was told nothing would effect me like that because of my low count and healthy lifestyle! "

jazzfreek · Taken for 6 months to 1 year April 16, 2019

Harvoni (ledipasvir / sofosbuvir) for Hepatitis C: "Had Hep C for over 20 years with no symptoms that I was aware of. Took Harvoni for 12 weeks with no bad side effects at all. After completion I had a blood test that still showed a very low viral count. The doc said not to worry, that that is a common occurence. A blood test a few weeks later showed no viral load and complete cure. 4 years later, no sign of Hep C. Amazing drug, for me!"

Ikewbetter · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 27, 2019

Harvoni (ledipasvir / sofosbuvir) for Hepatitis C: "Finished 12 week Harvoni 6 days ago on3/20/19. While doing treatment, my heart rate was slower than normal, I couldn't urinate for 3 days. Then I had 2 more kidney infections. Hair loss still. Weight gain with out a change in diet. Minor headaches during treatment. On 3/22/19 two days after completion of treatment, never missed a dose, never took pill more than a couple minutes late, always at bedtime, my BP rose to 185/105 & 179/110. As if this is not bad enough that I have development of a life threatening disease worse than HepC, I now have knots in the back of my calf with severe leg pain and stabbing headaches. Extremely tired and shortness of breath. I felt so good the last 2 weeks of treatment. I really thought I was getting my life back. Now, my life is in MORE Danger than before Harvoni. Disappointed and afraid. Would never recommend this treatment for anyone."

Sherman March 24, 2019

Harvoni (ledipasvir / sofosbuvir) for Hepatitis C: "I had Hepatitis C for 20yrs. I took Harvoni for six months with no side effects even worth mentioning.I usually get every side effect mentioned when it comes to man made drugs so Harvoni was an absolute miracle drug in eradicating Hep C virus. My biggest shock was I gained 20lbs in two weeks after completion of Harvoni and lost all motivation to do anything. Over three yrs later I barely have the energy to wash my face or brush my teeth. Absolute deep chronic depression worse than anything I ever suffered in my life. I suffered from depression for a good part of my life but nothing like this. Every thing I use to do without even thinking about it overwhelms me so much I just want to shutdown."

Zan · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 21, 2019

Harvoni (ledipasvir / sofosbuvir) for Hepatitis C: "Is there a chat group to talk to others regarding side effects please! [yes, on drugs.com type 'harvoni' then scroll down to 'Harvoni Support Group' ] I have been taking Harvoni for 5 weeks, after the second week I starting getting the worse headaches what might be migraines as I never had them before. The sunlight as it makes me sick to my stomach, and nowI am becoming emotional unstable. I’ve had Hep C for 49 years with no problem and this medication is giving me many problems. I am awaiting my first blood test if there is no good news I will stop taking it as it is changing who I am as I can’t take this pain."

Karkour · Taken for 2 to 5 years March 18, 2019

Harvoni (ledipasvir / sofosbuvir) for Hepatitis C: "After 3 years of finishing treatment with Harvoni my blood hep C viral load still undetected and liver fibrosis score was improved."

hoffmanhope · Taken for less than 1 month March 9, 2019

Harvoni (ledipasvir / sofosbuvir) for Hepatitis C: "Wondering if taking Harvoni at night will lessens the side effects? I take it in the morning and I have runny nose, cough, aches, fatigue all day. Would hate to take it at night and have it increase insomnia."

gypsy February 12, 2019

Harvoni (ledipasvir / sofosbuvir) for Hepatitis C: "this drug I'm very thankful for because it saved my husbands life. He is now hep c free n doing great.."

Sissy · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 13, 2019

Harvoni (ledipasvir / sofosbuvir) for Hepatitis C: "I just had my six month blood test after completing Harvoni for Hepatitis C and I am now considered cured. I didn’t have any problems or side effects while taking."

christofur · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 12, 2019

Harvoni (ledipasvir / sofosbuvir) for Hepatitis C: "Took Harvoni for 3 months at a cost of $100,000.My hep C was gone. I contracted Hep C by a blood transfusion many years ago. Without the transfusion I would of died. So I was glad for the transfusion. Just got a blood test a few days ago. The hep C is back. What a waste of money. I should of went with my gut and bought a boat. Chris"

Bandit January 9, 2019

Harvoni (ledipasvir / sofosbuvir) for Hepatitis C: "This is my last 5 days after 12 weeks. I am hep free the first 30 days after my viral count was millions high. My experience has been great no side effects what so ever. So don't believe all you read please, it will just bring you down. Thank you"

destroyed · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 28, 2018

Harvoni (ledipasvir / sofosbuvir) for Hepatitis C: "I took Harvoni for genotype 1a over a year ago. During treatment, I had an increase in fatigue, not much else for side effects. But after two months, I felt my vision was worsening, and so stopped treatment after 9 1/2 weeks. (I was in the cohort for which 8 weeks was deemed OK.) Shortly after stopping treatment, I had a marked increase in fatigue, and shortly after that began to have severe low back pain, which persists a year later. The pain appears to be due to a lactic acid buildup due to a mitochondrial dysfunction. I am at this point quite disabled due to chronic pain and fatigue, and wish I had just lived with the hep C."

David · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 26, 2018

For Hepatitis C: "Miracle ! Last year I learned that I have hepatitis C. I simply don’t know where I could get infected. Harvoni course is prescribed exclusively by my heptologist. However, due to My low income, I have been taking generic Harvoni Hepcinat Lp for about 12 weeks which has been bought online. At the moment, the need for further admission has disappeared. Although there is a high probability that treatment will have to be repeated, as hepatitis often recurs. At the moment, I'm recovering. I hope that I got rid of the disease.The side effects arose to a minimum."

karkour · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 8, 2018

Harvoni (ledipasvir / sofosbuvir) for Hepatitis C: "I took Harvoni and finished my course the end of September 2015. Since then I have done several blood tests for the viral load and it is zero (undetectable) still after 3 years. My liver functions all are perfect and feeling more energetic."

Laura · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 19, 2018

Harvoni (ledipasvir / sofosbuvir) for Hepatitis C: "I'm in my last 2 weeks of harvoni treatment. I've been having breathing problems. I go to Dr today he sends me to get blood work. Needless to say none of these things started till my 3rd week of harvoni. I have breathing prob, hair loss, an past few weeks no sleep. Anyway blood work was STAT and the D-dimer test came back elevated which means blood clot. So now I have to get CT scan of chest due to he thinks I have blood clot in lungs. I'm on my last 2 weeks of harvoni and my gut tells me it's the harvoni. I'm scared - I have grandkids I'm not wanting to die, I see where others have died from blood clot on lungs. My question is were they aware of it."

Kat · Taken for less than 1 month September 4, 2018

Harvoni (ledipasvir / sofosbuvir) for Hepatitis C: "I found out 4 years ago that I was Hepatitis C virus positive (HCV+) but think I may have had it for 15-20 years. Anyway I have had no energy at all for years and did not realize it was down to the hep c. Then my Hepatology dr mentioned a cure!! I cried as I have children and a 6 month old baby to think of. All my kids are neg by the way. So I have been on 4 days now and woke up yesterday and today feeling sooo motivated and full of energy. I absolutely put this down to HARVONI. I am looking forward to the future very much and I am forever grateful to the NHS (UK) for allowing me to have this amazing drug.."

ICD-10 CM Clinical Codes (External)