User Reviews for Ledipasvir / sofosbuvir

Also known as: Harvoni

Learn more about Ledipasvir/sofosbuvir.

Hepatitis C 227 reviews 23 medications

8.9
Summary of Ledipasvir/sofosbuvir reviews 227 reviews 8.9

Reviews for Ledipasvir/sofosbuvir

Harvoni (ledipasvir / sofosbuvir) for Hepatitis C: "I've had hep c for over 25 yr. after 4 denials finally got harvoni. Stage 4 / 6,500,000 viral load / geno 1. 5 wks first labs out of 12 wks treatment not detected. Unbelievable! I hope the next labs come back so well. Be persistent with insurance co. Think of every reason you want harvoni instead of other treatment and let them know often. It took a lot of phone calls & letters. Very seamless experience so far Able to work 40 plus hr a wk no problem. And I'm also one that didn't tell the world what I was going through only family I really think that's ok. People have closed minds some time. Still kinda of looked down on by some. And I get that. Just my experience so far. Good luck to all in this situation."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 3, 2016

Harvoni (ledipasvir / sofosbuvir) for Hepatitis C: "Hep c from blood transfusion at 1yo. Lived 41 years with the virus with no symptoms whatsoever and virtually no liver fibrosis. So avoided any treatments (due to side effects) till Harvoni came along - decided to go for it. Was a bit anxious at first , but now in week 7 and absolutely No side effects at all. I Go to gym as normal etc etc. 1 month viral load test showed undetectable load. It's truly a miracle drug if the virus remains undetected forever. Feeling optimistic about the future!"

Zank (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 2, 2016

Harvoni (ledipasvir / sofosbuvir) for Hepatitis C: "I just started Harvoni days ago and was feeling very fatigued and have a slight headache, but I am used to feeling fatigued due to the Hep. C, I read some peoples experiences on here and some said that it was fine to drink a glass of wine a day whilst on the treatment, come to find out through two drs. that there is a good chance that the alcohol will weaken the effect of the Harvoni and it is possible that it won't work, in lieu of that I am not taking another sip of wine or any other alcohol for the remainder of the three months, I mean, this is a once in a lifetime opportunity, as my out of pocket and $6,000deductible have been met this year, and I don't foresee that happening again, at least I hope not, it was due to hospitalization"

C with hep. C (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 22, 2016

Harvoni (ledipasvir / sofosbuvir) for Hepatitis C: "So about this time last year, November. I started Harvoni and took it every day for approximately 90 day straight, if it was going to work I couldn't lag and didn't plan to either. I've had hep-c since I was about 14 years old and my life depended on this drug working. So to make a long story short, a year later I'm hep-c free, go to the gym daily and feel like a champ. I even ride my dirt bike at a local track with no issues at all. Thanks for giving my wife, 2 young children, and especially me, a longer happier life."

#ridered November 20, 2016

Harvoni (ledipasvir / sofosbuvir) for Hepatitis C: "6 days into 8 weeks. So far, no side effects. Nothing worse then what I've been experiencing for the past few years without treatment. Fatigue, moody, I had no appetite=no energy. The fact that I can actually eat breakfast...is wonderful to me. My family has been concerned about my poor appetite for the past 5 years. I actually have a more positive outlook on the future. Now that this journey has begun ITS THE BEST FEELING!"

Minna2016 November 19, 2016

Harvoni (ledipasvir / sofosbuvir) for Hepatitis C: "Well I was diagnosed w/ Hep C 5 years ago, I was way too scared to do interferon so I never went for treatment! Now that Harvoni came out I decided to give it a try & it's been 11 days and the only side effects I'm experiencing are headaches!!! Headaches all day everyday!!! It's horrible but I guess it could be worst! I am trying to drink plenty of water, keeping my fingers crossed!"

Fingers crossed23 November 8, 2016

Harvoni (ledipasvir / sofosbuvir) for Hepatitis C: "I had hep c for 27 yrs . Started harvoni june 3. It was for 8 weeks . Got my results of second blood draw today it is still non detectable. Thank God and harvoni. I had no side effects. Those of you taking treatment hang in there it is worth it. Get my last blood draw in january"

Gizzier (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 25, 2016

Harvoni (ledipasvir / sofosbuvir) for Hepatitis C: "My lab work came back that HCV not detected after 6 months of treatment. I believe I am cured. Had Hep C Genotype 1a for over 35 years. Previous treatments did not work. Started Harvoni/Ribaviran last March for 16 weeks. Minimal side effects compared to hair loss from previous treatments. I could have continued taking treatment to 24 weeks but insurance would not approve it. Glad that I am cured. Good luck to everyone taking Harvoni."

GeorginaC October 23, 2016

Harvoni (ledipasvir / sofosbuvir) for Hepatitis C: "just got my three month check up blood work its still gone yeaaaaaaaaa haven,t had a beer/wine/or vodka in over twenty years ...i think i just might...good luck all"

mazzl77 October 20, 2016

Harvoni (ledipasvir / sofosbuvir) for Hepatitis C: "Hi all, I only just picked up the prescription today and just wanted to say that I was feeling nervous about side effects but after reading quite a few of your stories, I am now feeling very positive. My specialist is in the Gastroenterology Dept. at the hospital and the hospital Pharmacy supplied them, no cost whatsoever. It's a 12 week course. I thought this tiredness, lack of energy, lack of concentration and the feeling of a foggy brain was from depression, now after reading your stories I realize it's from the HepC. I am so happy to read that all those symptoms disappear while taking Harvoni and that people are now cured. Looking forward to reading more positive stories and watching mine and others progress."

Au_1 (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 12, 2016

Harvoni (ledipasvir / sofosbuvir) for Hepatitis C: "I'm on Day 11 of 84 (3 month treatment)...I take Harvoni at 6pm religiously and find that I sleep through most of the symptoms. First 3 days were hard...nausea , restless legs, fatigue, weakness and headaches...couldn't finish any gym sessions. But Day 4-6 were "miracle days"...I think my viral load dropped dramatically (Will find out Viral Load in week 4 and week 12 and at 6 months). Zero Viral Load means the Hep C is Non-Active...which is as much as being cured as we can get. I have heard that a lot of patients are non-active in week 12 but are relapsing 6+months after treatment. To prevent a relapse...I'm taking Spirulina, Vitamin C & B Complex, Banana and handful of nuts and seeds every day. http://www.realnatural.org/chlorella-found-to-improve-hepatitis-c-infections/"

Chickiebabe October 9, 2016

Harvoni (ledipasvir / sofosbuvir) for Hepatitis C: "Almost a year now (7 more weeks to 1st taking of Harvoni-YAY ) 10 months since my 1st test. I was to be checked 6 weeks later but my results were so awesome(10 days later) they skipped the 2nd test to my final test in late February 2016. Final test results=0 again. 14 months prior Harvoni was so bad my condition: severely chronic-daily. Don't get discouraged about side effects/other issues.I had none. Somehow it was EZ Street for me..something wrong, check with your doctor, but I bet you're improving 100%.Taking Harvoni, worked awesome, but my physical recovery seems stagnate/slow ab-swelling,tender).I sustained fibrosis damage. I had child Hepc 30+ years, didn't know til 2014. But with Harvoni I can smile again, live happy again, you will2"

Zoso4 (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 6, 2016

Harvoni (ledipasvir / sofosbuvir) for Hepatitis C: "Hi all. Week 4 had load of 37 after from 3,000,000 plus. After week 12 nil. However my important one is in 3 months for cure. However, i feel worse now than on harvoni. My joints hurt and am very emotional. Is this common."

Dipietra October 4, 2016

Harvoni (ledipasvir / sofosbuvir) for Hepatitis C: "Finished 12 weeks of Harvoni treatment in early August. Hard to say whether I had side effects as HCV knocked me around anyway. Harvoni side effects and/or HCV symptoms had disappeared by around week 6. The outcome has been good for me, my inherent crankiness has disappeared after almost 50 years of genotype 1A hep C, nanna naps are now rare, I am 70 yo male, I have much more energy and I put on around ten kilograms. The last bit is a nuisance because my waste is no longer 81 cm (32") so my jeans are a little uncomfortable. My GP told me that the liver, a major organ, may take more than six months to reboot. Harvoni? So far so good, however my HCV only made me tired, and cranky and I got mild fibrosis. I am an Aussie age pensioner."

CobargoArt October 2, 2016

Harvoni (ledipasvir / sofosbuvir) for Hepatitis C: "I am on my fifth week of a 12 week plan of harvoni plus Ribaviron. I took part in an interferon plus Ribaviron treatment plan approx 15 years ago that was not successful - it successfully kicked my ass though. With this current treatment, I felt no side effects the first two weeks and then during the third and fourth weeks I started becoming anemic with associated fatigue and shortness of breath. During week four and continuing into this the fifth week I continue to feel fatigue and shortness of breath, and also flu-like symptoms of weakness and full body muscle aches. These symptoms are not completely debilitating but rather have significantly slowed my normally very active lifestyle."

Spieri September 29, 2016

Harvoni (ledipasvir / sofosbuvir) for Hepatitis C: "Only 2 weeks into treatment so don't know about efficacy. But no side effects whatsoever."

Mikey229 September 27, 2016

Harvoni (ledipasvir / sofosbuvir) for Hepatitis C: "I have not started yet. I actually found out I had Hep C genotype 1a last year with a viral load of 16,100,000, yes that is right 16 million 100. I tryed to get approved for Harvoni and Zepatier, but I was turned down 16 times, because I was not sick enough. My doctor did my viral load again about a month ago and it went up to 19,568,000, which means in little ova a year it went up more then 4 million and I was not getting more infected by Hep C, because I've been sober 16 months. So we finally put it in for the 17th time, and I got approved. So i will have 8 wks of treatment but I know I will need more cause my viral load is so high, so it better easier to get the second approval a lot easier. Wish me luck."

Cassandra Locke September 22, 2016

Harvoni (ledipasvir / sofosbuvir) for Hepatitis C: "1month post 12 weeks Harvoni treatment, terrible joint pain in hands and feet, also reported by others post treatment. Hands almost feel paralyzed . Guess even though I've had my 12 week blood test and it showed Hep C negative Can't wait to see what my results will be after the 12 week mark. Post Harvoni problems are not readily available but I know this is toxic medication and may have long lasting medical issues long term"

Neveragain46 (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 21, 2016

For Hepatitis C: "So far it is getting better 3 weeks in on a 12 week treatment tired after taking meds but feel a lot better in the daytime I hate taking meds but didn't have a problem in my partying days to try whatever!!! Very stupid back then Iam grateful for this drug and pray it works and I will contin to feel Better brain fog is better. Good luck all."

Scissor September 20, 2016

Harvoni (ledipasvir / sofosbuvir) for Hepatitis C: "Hep C non detectable after 90 day treatment. For what it's worth, mine was a result of a blood transfusion in S. E. Asia in the early 70's. The V.A. turned a cold shoulder, my help came from the public sector. Decorated and honorable was not enough, some things never change. My service and injuries were still worth the privilege to serve this fine country of ours. My side effects were the norm. Take it for what it's worth but those were greatly reduced by the use of medical pot. Now that I am cured I have passed the pipe for the last time. God Bless and good luck, some times you have to take the bitter with the sweet, it's well worth it."

Rocky Top September 19, 2016

Harvoni (ledipasvir / sofosbuvir) for Hepatitis C: "38th day..Lots of naps,fatigue,lightheaded,tough getting to sleep,cold fingertips and toes,buzzing in ears,metallic taste in mouth,leg cramps,hemorrhoids..Type 1a ,1,300,000 viral load at beginning,waiting for test results from friday..Hopefully will find out monday,also low bp on friday...19 pills to go..Lose of breathe easily...Fighting the dragon...Hope its working...Praying hard...Easy for some...Not for me..63 yr old male..."

TIRED 1 September 11, 2016

Harvoni (ledipasvir / sofosbuvir) for Hepatitis C: "I'm very sensitive to any type of meds and it was like jumping of a cliff for me do or die . Diagnosed in 97 , hadn't had insurance til 2015 , I was denied the first time for coverage after year I was able to start . Being sensitive to meds I drank alot of water and followed direction strictly. I feel great 6 weeks into 8 of the course . My doc did not test at 4 weeks and is not testing til Dec .... Uggggh I know ! Why so long , I started early Aug .... And I won't find any results out til Feb. Anybody else run into this ?????? What should I do?"

Attitude of gratitude September 4, 2016

Harvoni (ledipasvir / sofosbuvir) for Hepatitis C: "Im female, 60 & petite - type 1b, F3 - 500,000+ and into 3rd week (started Aug 18th) of 12 for Harvoni. No other meds and just a one-a-day multi.. So far so good and I did notice some minor things in the first 2 weeks but it has gotten easier. Within the first few day's my energy increased, my eyes became whiter and what felt like a film over my eyes for years, vanished. I hadn't associated that with Hep C before. My skin seems a little dryer but really.. its been easier than I thought. I drink lots of water and other fluids throughout the day and that seems to help reduce any side effects. I do feel a little like a lab rat though but will remain cautiously optamistic going forward."

HopefulAlso September 3, 2016

Harvoni (ledipasvir / sofosbuvir) for Hepatitis C: "No side effects of note. Waves of euphoria. Craved sweets."

Awbnet (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 2, 2016

For Hepatitis C: "8 week regime, not detectable @ 4 and 8 weeks. Full blown viral load detected at 6 mos. Expensive failure."

2STEPinUtah August 29, 2016