User Reviews for Ledipasvir / sofosbuvir (Page 6)

Also known as: Harvoni

Hepatitis C
8.6

Summary of Ledipasvir/sofosbuvir reviews 8.6 368 reviews

Reviews for Ledipasvir/sofosbuvir

Harvoni (ledipasvir / sofosbuvir) for Hepatitis C: "I was extremely tired, also after finishing dose, I began getting excrutiating pain especially when laying down, deep in my long bones in legs & arms, also now I've finished my 24 weeks, I am getting pain in liver area again, with nausea, my dr has said my blood levels have got better yet ordered a ultrasound, I also have severe feet, legs, hands & thigh edema & cirrhosis. My other Dr said the pain began when I started the harvoni."

trials and tribulations hope (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 13, 2017

Harvoni (ledipasvir / sofosbuvir) for Hepatitis C: "Day 10 of taking Harvoni. Some side effects are a little nauseous, some fatigue along with some energy, because it is attacking my viral load. Have a viral load of 7,000,000. Took the Robitron treatment 20 years ago. Those side effects were horrible. Harvoni is a breeze. If you never took the interferon treatment, you don't know how lucky your are that a treatment came out with minimal side effects."

John728912 (taken for less than 1 month) January 12, 2017

Harvoni (ledipasvir / sofosbuvir) for Hepatitis C: "Took my last pill of 8 weeks on yesterday. YAAAY! Labs done today. Glad this part of the journey is over. Hoping that I can get back to myself. Though I am grateful, I really wish I would have waited to make a more informal decision about the some of the side effects that are not listed. They hit me pretty hard in the last few weeks. As a person who suffered with the depression it really almost wiped me out. I was told that the side effects are minimal but it varies from person to person. Some of us suffer more than others. "

Minna2016 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 9, 2017

Harvoni (ledipasvir / sofosbuvir) for Hepatitis C: "My dad took Harvoni but two months after he started to lose all this weight and they found a large Tumor on his liver. The Harvoni caused extreme fatigue and with the cancer tumor it wiped him out in 6 months. There are many many people who had this reaction to Harvoni. After all this I would go for naturopathic treatments instead. ."

Marty199 January 7, 2017

Harvoni (ledipasvir / sofosbuvir) for Hepatitis C: "I started taking harvoni on 12-10-16 , on 12-21-23 I had my first labs , on 1--6-17 I had my 1st dr. visit since starting harvoni at that dr. visit I was told my viral load went from 2,000,000 down to 18 I was told a viral load of 15 is fantastic I was 3 points higher than the optimum virol load.I will say this taking harvoni hasn't been a cake walk but harvoni is worth taking even though its some getting use to some of the side effects , one more thing I feel blessed after hearing about all the hardship people are going through to get the drug for me its free I'm a veteran and the VA has a program for qaulifying vets to get it free. Praise God , God bless you all. Hang tuff!! Still have 8 weeks to go, 61 yrs old"

Tricky Dick January 7, 2017

Harvoni (ledipasvir / sofosbuvir) for Hepatitis C: "Well...Put simply it was awesome. I took my first blood work at 14 days and a high 18 year viral load was gone. I don't feel and extra discomfort from normal. Just wished it was out back in the 90's. I then took all the rest of the days thinking it was unnecessary Test after a month maximum"

Dr Magic January 7, 2017

Harvoni (ledipasvir / sofosbuvir) for Hepatitis C: "Six Weeks into 8 week treatment. Experienced no side effects in the beginning. I do not like water and slowly stopped drinking it as much. Later (in 5 wk) side effects increased(flu like symptoms, nausea, fatigue, moody). Always uncomfortable, I was forced to get back into the habit of drinking water. It actually helped with the discomfort of the side effects. The same day I started back again, drinking lots of water I NOTICED A BIG DIFFERENCE"

Minna2016 January 2, 2017

Harvoni (ledipasvir / sofosbuvir) for Hepatitis C: "I am age 24, I believe I contracted Hep C through IV drug habit. I thought my low energy and brain fog was because of the many drugs I have done. I had the virus for 2-4 years unknowingly. I finally got a checkup and came back completely healthy except for having Hep C. I workout and eat healthy all the time. My viral load was under 15,000 (very low). I was put on harvoni 8 week and was tested the last 2 weeks of treatment and came up negative. The medication eradicates a resilient virus from your body. Harvoni definitely has side effects do not let any doctor tell you otherwise. The medication is extremely effective however and the trade off for mild discomfort is well worth it. I am now a few months clean of Hep C after taking Harvoni"

Danny boi 12 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 1, 2017

Harvoni (ledipasvir / sofosbuvir) for Hepatitis C: "When I was pregnantin 1997 I was told I had hep c. How I got it I am unsure. But I never worried much on having it. Until told after my second child in 2004 that I could pass it to my kids during pregnancy. Scared I ordered test on my two girls ( they are uninfected) and started using the treatment that was avalible at that time. I took six pills a day and shots once a week that made me feel awful. I didn't eat very good for six weeks due treatment. Was hospitalized for being under weight and severe malnourishment. When released I started a new job and lost my insurance. Was told once I quit treatment I wouldn't be able to Start again. Now DEC. 2016 I am on last month of harvoni and it worked. No side effects during treatment."

poneyboy (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 31, 2016

Harvoni (ledipasvir / sofosbuvir) for Hepatitis C: "I am on day 61 of Harvoni. I was originally to do only 8 weeks but my blood work at 4 and 6 weeks showed an tiny bit of virus still present. <12 is what it is. I'm getting more fatigued as time goes on and I am sick and tired of having an foggy head. No headaches since week 1 though. I drink water and go to the bathroom all day. Would love to hear comments. Peace."

Heppy 2 December 23, 2016

Harvoni (ledipasvir / sofosbuvir) for Hepatitis C: "OK, I had taken my 29th pill the day I had my blood work. The blood work came back negative after my 28th pill of Harvoni. YES! This medicine works! I got 25 more days left of taking it. I am so glad we have the technology to beat this! Now we just need a cure for cancer!"

Tonygreergalaxy (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 23, 2016

Harvoni (ledipasvir / sofosbuvir) for Hepatitis C: "I was told in 2004 that I tested positive for Hep C. Nothing was done about it. My liver enzymes were always off the scale, but no civilian doctor made much effort to diagnose the problem. Some seem to think I may have contracted it through a blood transfusion in 1985. Who knows? The VA convinced me to be put on a 12 week program of Harvoni. So as it turns out I'm a Genotype 1a with a viral load of over 1.4 million. The first week of drug therapy I had trivial side effects, but no big deal, mostly headaches subsided by drinking more water. I had insomnia already so I can't say the Harvoni effected it. Now, 34 days later, my blood tests show my viral load below 15. It definitely works."

Techtrash (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 19, 2016

Harvoni (ledipasvir / sofosbuvir) for Hepatitis C: "I took Harvoni for 12 weeks. Out of those 12 weeks there were only 2 days that I really suffered with terrible headaches. Someone told me to stay away from all headache meds except believe it or not, Tylenol. Please check with your doctor first. Drink plenty of water After that.no more headaches. After treatment viral load zero. Waiting now for the 3 month test. I am geno 4. "

bushytailkitty (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 18, 2016

Harvoni (ledipasvir / sofosbuvir) for Hepatitis C: "I took for 12 weeks, finished Around October, 2015! I started getting short tempered and severe short term memory loss, and depressed! I cleared and am glad I took it, but very upset about mental state. Was cleared around 8 weeks! So happy about clearing, but not happy about mental problems, could be a coincidence, but do not think so, never had mental problems before! I still think this medicine works great!"

Shirleyburley70 (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 12, 2016

Harvoni (ledipasvir / sofosbuvir) for Hepatitis C: "Was diagnosed w/hep C 20 years ago through physical for life insurance. I figure that I've had it for at least 40 years w/ no side affects, but Dr. insisted if I didn't treat it I would end up with end stage liver disease. Not a pleasent thought. Viral load is only 650,000, so I am now into day 17. No side affects so far other than recent feeling of a mild flu like systems that last for very short periods. MUCH better than the interferon I tried for 5 months 20 years ago!"

ARRR (taken for less than 1 month) December 10, 2016

Harvoni (ledipasvir / sofosbuvir) for Hepatitis C: "I'm 65, female and last night I took my first pill. I've had Hep C since about 1975. I looked at that pill a long time before I took it. It seems too good to be true and I'm afraid of the side effects. Still this morning I still feel the same as ever. It would be nice if it just continued this way. I will make it through this treatment and I will get cured."

RainMist December 9, 2016

Harvoni (ledipasvir / sofosbuvir) for Hepatitis C: "I've had hep c for over 25 yr. after 4 denials finally got harvoni. Stage 4 / 6,500,000 viral load / geno 1. 5 wks first labs out of 12 wks treatment not detected. Unbelievable! I hope the next labs come back so well. Be persistent with insurance co. Think of every reason you want harvoni instead of other treatment and let them know often. It took a lot of phone calls & letters. Very seamless experience so far Able to work 40 plus hr a wk no problem. And I'm also one that didn't tell the world what I was going through only family I really think that's ok. People have closed minds some time. Still kinda of looked down on by some. And I get that. Just my experience so far. Good luck to all in this situation."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 3, 2016

Harvoni (ledipasvir / sofosbuvir) for Hepatitis C: "Hep c from blood transfusion at 1yo. Lived 41 years with the virus with no symptoms whatsoever and virtually no liver fibrosis. So avoided any treatments (due to side effects) till Harvoni came along - decided to go for it. Was a bit anxious at first , but now in week 7 and absolutely No side effects at all. I Go to gym as normal etc etc. 1 month viral load test showed undetectable load. It's truly a miracle drug if the virus remains undetected forever. Feeling optimistic about the future!"

Zank (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 2, 2016

Harvoni (ledipasvir / sofosbuvir) for Hepatitis C: "I just started Harvoni days ago and was feeling very fatigued and have a slight headache, but I am used to feeling fatigued due to the Hep. C, I read some peoples experiences on here and some said that it was fine to drink a glass of wine a day whilst on the treatment, come to find out through two drs. that there is a good chance that the alcohol will weaken the effect of the Harvoni and it is possible that it won't work, in lieu of that I am not taking another sip of wine or any other alcohol for the remainder of the three months, I mean, this is a once in a lifetime opportunity, as my out of pocket and $6,000deductible have been met this year, and I don't foresee that happening again, at least I hope not, it was due to hospitalization"

C with hep. C (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 22, 2016

Harvoni (ledipasvir / sofosbuvir) for Hepatitis C: "So about this time last year, November. I started Harvoni and took it every day for approximately 90 day straight, if it was going to work I couldn't lag and didn't plan to either. I've had hep-c since I was about 14 years old and my life depended on this drug working. So to make a long story short, a year later I'm hep-c free, go to the gym daily and feel like a champ. I even ride my dirt bike at a local track with no issues at all. Thanks for giving my wife, 2 young children, and especially me, a longer happier life."

#ridered November 20, 2016

Harvoni (ledipasvir / sofosbuvir) for Hepatitis C: "6 days into 8 weeks. So far, no side effects. Nothing worse then what I've been experiencing for the past few years without treatment. Fatigue, moody, I had no appetite=no energy. The fact that I can actually eat breakfast...is wonderful to me. My family has been concerned about my poor appetite for the past 5 years. I actually have a more positive outlook on the future. Now that this journey has begun ITS THE BEST FEELING!"

Minna2016 November 19, 2016

Harvoni (ledipasvir / sofosbuvir) for Hepatitis C: "Well I was diagnosed w/ Hep C 5 years ago, I was way too scared to do interferon so I never went for treatment! Now that Harvoni came out I decided to give it a try & it's been 11 days and the only side effects I'm experiencing are headaches!!! Headaches all day everyday!!! It's horrible but I guess it could be worst! I am trying to drink plenty of water, keeping my fingers crossed!"

Fingers crossed23 November 8, 2016

Harvoni (ledipasvir / sofosbuvir) for Hepatitis C: "I had hep c for 27 yrs . Started harvoni june 3. It was for 8 weeks . Got my results of second blood draw today it is still non detectable. Thank God and harvoni. I had no side effects. Those of you taking treatment hang in there it is worth it. Get my last blood draw in january"

Gizzier (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 25, 2016

Harvoni (ledipasvir / sofosbuvir) for Hepatitis C: "My lab work came back that HCV not detected after 6 months of treatment. I believe I am cured. Had Hep C Genotype 1a for over 35 years. Previous treatments did not work. Started Harvoni/Ribaviran last March for 16 weeks. Minimal side effects compared to hair loss from previous treatments. I could have continued taking treatment to 24 weeks but insurance would not approve it. Glad that I am cured. Good luck to everyone taking Harvoni."

GeorginaC October 23, 2016

Harvoni (ledipasvir / sofosbuvir) for Hepatitis C: "just got my three month check up blood work its still gone yeaaaaaaaaa haven,t had a beer/wine/or vodka in over twenty years ...i think i just might...good luck all"

mazzl77 October 20, 2016