What type of Hepatitis C is Zepatier used to treat?
Zepatier is given with or without ribavirin for HCV in adults with genotypes 1 (the most common, 70% of HCV patients) or 4 (the least common, ~1% of HCV patients).
Zepatier is used only if your HCV has these specific genetic markers, for which your doctor will test. In clinical trials, cure rates at 12 weeks ranged from 94 to 97 percent in genotype 1 and from 97 to 100 percent in genotype 4-infected subjects.
Zepatier tablets are taken once daily with or without food.
The most common side effects of Zepatier without ribavirin were fatigue, headache and nausea.
The most common side effects of Zepatier with ribavirin were anemia and headache.
See What are the new drugs for the treatment of hepatitis C?
Related Medical Questions
- What are the new drugs for the treatment of hepatitis C?
- What types of Hepatitis C does Mavyret treat?
- What types of hepatitis C (HCV) does Vosevi treat?
- Zepatier Information for Consumers
- Zepatier Information for Healthcare Professionals (includes dosage details)
- Side Effects of Zepatier (detailed)