How much does Mavyret cost?
Medically reviewed by Leigh Ann Anderson, PharmD. Last updated on Mar 31, 2020.
The list price of Mavyret (glecaprevir and pibrentasvir) for a 4-week supply is $13,200 or $26,400 per 8-week treatment course, according to AbbVie, the manufacturer. However, your out-of-pocket cost may be significantly less based on your public or private insurance coverage and copay. AbbVie’s Patient Assistance Plan may also lower your costs based on eligibility.
If you are on Medicaid insurance, your insurance is typically $20.00 or less per month, depending on your state plan. For patients on Medicare Part D, the cost can range from $660.00 – 2,847.00 per month, based on your coverage phase. Patients with Low-Income Subsidy for Medicare will pay $8.95 per month.
Compared to other approved oral HCV treatments, Mavyret is priced very competitively and may be your lowest-cost option. Check with your insurance plan to see if Mavyret is on their drug formulary. In the US, Mavyret is usually considered a specialty medication, and may require access through a specialty pharmacy.
If you have commercial insurance, you may be able to lower your copay cost to as little as $5 by requesting the Mavyret Savings Copay Card from AbbVie.
Mavyret is an antiviral combination agent used to prevent hepatitis C virus (HCV) from multiplying in your body.
Mavyret is approved to treat all six genotypes (1-6) of hepatitis C virus (HCV) in adults and children 12 years of age and older or weighing at least 45 kg (without cirrhosis or with compensated cirrhosis).
- AbbVie. Accessed March 31, 2020 at https://www.mavyret.com/cost
Related Medical Questions
- Can you drink alcohol while taking Mavyret?
- How long is Mavyret treatment?
- Does Mavyret cure hep C (HCV)? What is the success rate?
- Does Mavyret cause itching?
- Can you take antibiotics with Mavyret?
- What are the new drugs for the treatment of hepatitis C?
- What types of Hepatitis C does Mavyret treat?
- Mavyret Information for Consumers
- Mavyret Information for Healthcare Professionals (includes dosage details)
- Side Effects of Mavyret (detailed)
Related Support Groups
- Mavyret (13 questions, 35 members)