How much does Mavyret cost?
The list price of Mavyret (glecaprevir and pibrentasvir) tablets for a 4-week supply is $13,200 or $26,400 per 8-week treatment course, according to AbbVie, the manufacturer. However, your out-of-pocket cost may be significantly less based on your public or private insurance coverage and copay. AbbVie’s Patient Assistance Plan may also lower your costs based on eligibility.
If you are on Medicaid insurance, your insurance is typically $20.00 or less per month, depending on your state plan. For patients on Medicare Part D, the cost can range from $660.00 – 2,847.00 per month, based on your coverage phase. Patients with Low-Income Subsidy for Medicare will pay $8.95 per month.
Compared to other approved oral HCV treatments, Mavyret tablets are priced very competitively and may be your lowest-cost option. Check with your insurance plan to see if Mavyret is on their drug formulary. In the US, Mavyret is usually considered a specialty medication, and may require access through a specialty pharmacy.
If you have commercial insurance, you may be able to lower your copay cost to as little as $5 by requesting the Mavyret Savings Copay Card from AbbVie.
Mavyret is an antiviral combination agent used to prevent hepatitis C virus (HCV) from multiplying in your body.
Mavyret is approved to treat all six genotypes (1-6) of hepatitis C virus (HCV) in adults and children 12 years of age and older or weighing at least 45 kg (without cirrhosis or with compensated cirrhosis).
- AbbVie. Accessed Sept. 10, 2021 at https://www.mavyret.com/cost
Related Medical Questions
- What is the difference between hepatitis B and C?
- Can you drink alcohol while taking Mavyret?
- How long is Mavyret treatment?
- Is Mavyret better than Harvoni?
- How long does Mavyret stay in your system?
- Can you take ibuprofen with Mavyret?
- Does Mavyret make you feel sick?
- Why take Mavyret with food?
- Can you take Mavyret while pregnant?
- Does Mavyret cure hep C (HCV)? What is the success rate?
- What are the new drugs for the treatment of hepatitis C?
- Can you take antibiotics with Mavyret?
- Does Mavyret cause itching?
- What types of Hepatitis C does Mavyret treat?
- Mavyret Information for Consumers
- Mavyret Information for Healthcare Professionals (includes dosage details)
- Side Effects of Mavyret (detailed)
Related Support Groups
- Mavyret (23 questions, 43 members)