Dobutamine and Alcohol / Food Interactions
There is 1 alcohol/food/lifestyle interaction with dobutamine:
High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
Severe Potential Hazard, Moderate plausibility
dobutamine/arbutamine - arrhythmias
Dobutamine and arbutamine produce stimulation of the beta receptors of the heart. The use of these agents has been associated with an increase in heart rate, ventricular ectopy, atrial fibrillation, hypertension, enhanced A-V conduction, and arrhythmias. Therapy with dobutamine or arbutamine should be administered cautiously in patients with cardiac conduction disorders.
- Bianchi C, Diaz R, Gonzales C, Beregovich J "Effects of dobutamine on atrioventricular conduction." Am Heart J 90 (1975): 474-8
- Kinder C, Chamberlain J, Kall J, Kopp D, Johnson M, Costanzo MR, Wilber D "Prognostic significance of sustained ventricular tachyarrhythmia occurring during dobutamine infusion." J Heart Lung Transplant 13 (1994): 1045-50
- "Product Information. Dobutrex (dobutamine)." Lilly, Eli and Company, Indianapolis, IN.
- Cohen A, Chauvel C, Benhalima B, Blanchard B "Complication of dobutamine stress echocardiography." Lancet 345 (1995): 201-2
- Tisdale JE, Patel R, Webb CR, Borzak S, Zarowitz BJ "Electrophysiologic and proarrhythmic effects of intravenous inotropic agents." Prog Cardiovasc Dis 38 (1995): 167-80
- Previtali M, Lanzarini L, Fetiveau R, Poli A, Diotallevi P "Dobutamine-induced and spontaneous sustained ventricular tachycardia in recent myocardial infarction." Eur Heart J 17 (1996): 803-4
- Picano E, Mathias W, Pingitore A, Bigi R, Previtali M "Safety and tolerability of dobutamine-atropine stress echocardiography: a prospective, multicentre study." Lancet 344 (1994): 1190-2
- "Product Information. GenESA (arbutamine)." Gensia Inc, San Diego, CA.
- Poldermans D, Fioretti PM, Boersma E, Forster T, Vanurk H, Cornel JH, Arnese M, Roelandt JRTC "Safety of dobutamine-atropine stress echocardiography in patients with suspected or proven coronary artery disease." Am J Cardiol 73 (1994): 456-9
- Baudhuin T, Marwick T, Melin J, Wijns W, D'Hondt AM, Detry JM "Diagnosis of coronary artery disease in elderly patients: safety and efficacy of dobutamine echocardiography." Eur Heart J 14 (1993): 799-803
dobutamine drug Interactions
There are 262 drug interactions with dobutamine
dobutamine disease Interactions
There are 5 disease interactions with dobutamine which include:
Drug Interaction Classification
|Highly clinically significant. Avoid combinations; the risk of the interaction outweighs the benefit.|
|Moderately clinically significant. Usually avoid combinations; use it only under special circumstances.|
|Minimally clinically significant. Minimize risk; assess risk and consider an alternative drug, take steps to circumvent the interaction risk and/or institute a monitoring plan.|
|No information available.|
Do not stop taking any medications without consulting your healthcare provider.
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure that the information provided by Multum is accurate, up-to-date and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. In addition, the drug information contained herein may be time sensitive and should not be utilized as a reference resource beyond the date hereof. This material does not endorse drugs, diagnose patients, or recommend therapy. Multum's information is a reference resource designed as supplement to, and not a substitute for, the expertise, skill, knowledge, and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. The absence of a warning for a given drug or combination thereof in no way should be construed to indicate that the drug or combination is safe, effective, or appropriate for any given patient. Multum Information Services, Inc. does not assume any responsibility for any aspect of healthcare administered with the aid of information Multum provides. Copyright 2000-2018 Multum Information Services, Inc. The information contained herein is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, warnings, drug interactions, allergic reactions, or adverse effects. If you have questions about the drugs you are taking, check with your doctor, nurse, or pharmacist.