Generic name: BRODALUMAB 210mg
Dosage form: injection
Medically reviewed on February 15, 2017.
The recommended SILIQ dose is 210 mg administered by subcutaneous injection at Weeks 0, 1, and 2 followed by 210 mg every 2 weeks.
If an adequate response has not been achieved after 12 to 16 weeks of treatment with SILIQ, consider discontinuing therapy. Continued treatment beyond 16 weeks in patients who have not achieved an adequate response is not likely to result in greater success.
Tuberculosis Assessment Prior to Initiation of SILIQ
Evaluate patients for tuberculosis (TB) infection prior to initiating treatment with SILIQ [see Warnings and Precautions (5.4)].
Important Administration Instructions
Administer SILIQ subcutaneously. Each prefilled syringe is for single-dose only.
Instruct patients to review the Medication Guide before use (see Medication Guide). SILIQ is intended for use under the guidance and supervision of a healthcare professional. Patients may self-inject SILIQ when deemed appropriate by a healthcare professional and after proper training in subcutaneous injection technique using the prefilled syringe.
Advise patients who are self-administering to inject the full dose and to read the Instructions for Use before administration (see Instructions for Use).
Do not inject SILIQ into areas where the skin is tender, bruised, red, hard, thick, scaly, or affected by psoriasis.
Preparation of SILIQ Prefilled Syringe
- Allow SILIQ prefilled syringe to reach room temperature (approximately 30 minutes) before injecting. Do not warm in any other way. Do not remove the gray needle cap on the prefilled syringe while allowing it to reach room temperature.
- Visually inspect SILIQ for particles and discoloration prior to administration. SILIQ is a clear to slightly opalescent, colorless to slightly yellow solution. A few translucent to white, amorphous proteinaceous particles may be present. Do not use SILIQ if it is cloudy or discolored or if foreign matter is present.
- Instruct patients to use the prefilled syringe and to inject the full amount (1.5 mL), which provides 210 mg of SILIQ, according to the directions provided in the Instructions for Use [see Instructions for Use].
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.
More about Siliq (brodalumab)
- Siliq Side Effects
- During Pregnancy
- Dosage Information
- Drug Interactions
- Support Group
- Pricing & Coupons
- En Español
- 3 Reviews – Add your own review/rating
- Drug class: interleukin inhibitors