What is the Siliq REMS Program?
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on June 25, 2020.
Due to possible risks associated with Siliq, this medicine can only be accessed through a restricted program called the Siliq Risk Evaluation and Mitigation Strategy (REMS) program. Suicidal ideation and behavior, including completed suicides, occurred in patients treated with Siliq during clinical trials, but a definite link with the drug has not been determined.,
Components of the Siliq REMS program include:
- Prescriber Certification and Patient Counseling
- A Patient-Prescriber Agreement Form to seek medical care if suicidal thoughts, depression, or mood changes occur
- A Medication Guide to inform patients of the risk of using Siliq
- Pharmacies must be certified only dispense to patients who are authorized to receive Siliq.
Siliq (brodalumab) injection is FDA-approved to treat adults with moderate-to-severe plaque psoriasis.
Related Medical Questions
- What are the new drugs for the treatment of plaque psoriasis?
- Can halobetasol be used for poison ivy?
- Halobetasol vs. clobetasol - how do they compare?
- How long does Cosentyx take to work?
- How long can you use betamethasone cream for?
- Tazorac Cream vs Gel: What's the difference?
- Can Enbrel be taken with antibiotics?
- Siliq Information for Consumers
- Siliq Information for Healthcare Professionals (includes dosage details)
- Side Effects of Siliq (detailed)