Qmiiz ODT Dosage
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on July 22, 2019.
Generic name: meloxicam 7.5mg
Dosage form: tablet, orally disintegrating
General Dosing Instructions
Carefully consider the potential benefits and risks of QMIIZ ODT and other treatment options before deciding to use QMIIZ ODT. Use the lowest effective dosage for the shortest duration consistent with individual patient treatment goals [see Warnings and Precautions (5)].
After observing the response to initial therapy with QMIIZ ODT, adjust the dose to suit an individual patient's needs.
In adults, the maximum recommended daily oral dose of QMIIZ ODT is 15 mg regardless of formulation. In patients with hemodialysis, a maximum daily dosage of 7.5 mg is recommended [see Use in Specific Populations (8.7) and Clinical Pharmacology (12.3)].
With QMIIZ ODT, administration with liquid is not necessary. QMIIZ ODT may be taken without regard to timing of meals.
QMIIZ ODT should be taken as follows:
- Leave QMIIZ ODT in the original package until the time of administration.
- Be sure that hands are dry when handling an orally disintegrating tablet.
- Open the carton and peel back the foil on the blister. Do not push the tablet through the foil as this could damage the tablet.
- Gently remove the tablet from the blister and place it in the mouth, or onto the tongue, immediately after removing from the blister.
- The tablet will disintegrate quickly in saliva and can be easily swallowed with or without drinking liquid.
For the relief of the signs and symptoms of osteoarthritis, the recommended starting and maintenance oral dose of QMIIZ ODT is 7.5 mg once daily. Some patients may receive additional benefit by increasing the dose to 15 mg once daily.
For the relief of the signs and symptoms of rheumatoid arthritis, the recommended starting and maintenance oral dose of QMIIZ ODT is 7.5 mg once daily. Some patients may receive additional benefit by increasing the dose to 15 mg once daily.
Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis (JRA) Pauciarticular and Polyarticular Course
For the treatment of juvenile rheumatoid arthritis, the recommended oral dose of QMIIZ ODT is 7.5 mg once daily in children who weigh greater than or equal to 60 kg. There was no additional benefit demonstrated by increasing the dose above 7.5 mg in clinical trials.
Only use QMIIZ ODT tablets in children who weigh greater than or equal to 60 kg.
The use of QMIIZ ODT in subjects with severe renal impairment is not recommended.
Non-Interchangeability with Other Formulations of Meloxicam
QMIIZ ODT (meloxicam) orally disintegrating tablets have not shown equivalent systemic exposure with a comparable pharmacokinetic profile to other approved formulations of oral meloxicam. Therefore, QMIIZ ODT tablets are not interchangeable with other formulations of oral meloxicam product even if the total milligram strength is the same. Do not substitute similar dose strengths of QMIIZ ODT with other formulations of oral meloxicam products.
Frequently asked questions
- Meloxicam vs Ibuprofen, what's the difference?
- Can I take Meloxicam and Aleve or Tylenol together?
- How long do I wait after taking 400 mg ibuprofen to take 15 mg of meloxicam?
- Is meloxicam very similar to Celebrex?
- Can meloxicam cause drowsiness and headache?
- Is meloxicam a narcotic?
- Is meloxicam helpful in gout treatment?
- Is meloxicam a sulfa drug?
More about Qmiiz ODT (meloxicam)
- Side Effects
- During Pregnancy or Breastfeeding
- Imprints, Shape & Color Data
- Drug Interactions
- Pricing & Coupons
- En Español
- Drug class: Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs
- FDA Alerts (5)
Related treatment guides
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.