Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Jun 21, 2023.
Applies to the following strengths: 2.5 mcg/inh
Usual Adult Dose for:
Additional dosage information:
Usual Adult Dose for Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease
- 5 mcg (2 inhalations) orally once a day
Use: Maintenance bronchodilator treatment of airflow obstruction in patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including chronic bronchitis and/or emphysema
Renal Dose Adjustments
No adjustment recommended.
Liver Dose Adjustments
Mild to moderate liver dysfunction: No adjustment recommended.
Severe liver dysfunction: Data not available
- Use of a long-acting beta-2 (LABA) agonist without an inhaled corticosteroid (ICS) in asthma patients; this drug is not indicated for asthma treatment
Safety and efficacy have not been established in patients younger than 18 years.
Consult WARNINGS section for additional precautions.
Data not available
- Administer at the same time of the day.
- The recommended daily dose should not be exceeded.
- This drug is for oral inhalation only.
- To ensure proper use of the inhalation device, see Instructions for its use.
- This drug is not indicated to treat asthma or acute deterioration of COPD.
- Notify the physician immediately if experiencing any of the following: Worsening of symptoms; decreasing effectiveness of inhaled, short-acting beta2-agonists; need for more inhalations than usual of the inhaled, short-acting beta2-agonists; significant decrease in lung function as outlined by the physician.
- Therapy with this drug should not be stopped without physician/provider guidance since symptoms may recur after discontinuation.
- Discontinue previous regular use of short acting beta2-agonist and use them only for the symptomatic relief of acute symptoms.
More about olodaterol
- Check interactions
- Compare alternatives
- Reviews (6)
- Side effects
- During pregnancy
- Drug class: adrenergic bronchodilators
- En español
Related treatment guides
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.