Generic name: cyclobenzaprine hydrochloride
Dosage form: Tablets
Drug class: Skeletal muscle relaxants
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Nov 21, 2022.
For most patients, the recommended dose of FLEXERIL is 5 mg three times a day. Based on individual patient response, the dose may be increased to 10 mg three times a day. Use of FLEXERIL for periods longer than two or three weeks is not recommended. (see INDICATIONS AND USAGE).
Less frequent dosing should be considered for hepatically impaired or elderly patients (see PRECAUTIONS, Impaired Hepatic Function, and Use in the Elderly).
Frequently asked questions
- Is Flexeril addictive, will it show up on a drug test?
- How much cyclobenzaprine can I take?
- How long does it take for Flexeril to work?
- Is cyclobenzaprine a controlled substance or addictive?
- How long does Flexeril stay in your system?
- Can I take cyclobenzaprine and Tylenol together?
More about Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine)
- Check interactions
- Compare alternatives
- Reviews (231)
- Drug images
- Side effects
- Patient tips
- During pregnancy
- Generic availability
- Support group
- Drug class: skeletal muscle relaxants
Related treatment guides
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.