Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Apr 29, 2022.
Generic name: Apalutamide 60mg
Dosage form: tablet, film coated
The recommended dose of ERLEADA is 240 mg (four 60 mg tablets) administered orally once daily. Swallow the tablets whole. ERLEADA can be taken with or without food.
Patients should also receive a gonadotropin-releasing hormone (GnRH) analog concurrently or should have had a bilateral orchiectomy.
If a patient experiences a greater than or equal to Grade 3 toxicity or an intolerable side effect, hold dosing until symptoms improve to less than or equal to Grade 1 or original grade, then resume at the same dose or a reduced dose (180 mg or 120 mg), if warranted.
Alternate Method of Administration
For patients who have difficulty swallowing tablets whole, the recommended dose of ERLEADA tablets may be mixed in applesauce.
- Mix whole ERLEADA tablets in 4 ounces (120 mL) of applesauce by stirring. Do not crush the tablets.
- Wait 15 minutes, stir the mixture.
- Wait another 15 minutes, stir the mixture until tablets are dispersed (well mixed with no chunks remaining).
- Using a spoon, swallow the mixture right away.
- Rinse the container with 2 ounces (60 mL) of water and immediately drink the contents. Repeat the rinse with 2 ounces (60 mL) of water a second time to ensure the whole dose is taken.
Consume the mixture within one hour of preparation. Do not store ERLEADA that is mixed with applesauce [see Clinical Pharmacology (12.3)].
Frequently asked questions
- Erleada vs. Xtandi What's the difference?
- How long do you have to take Erleada (apalutamide) for?
- How effective is Erleada (apalutamide)?
- What type of prostate cancer is Erleada used to treat?
More about Erleada (apalutamide)
- Side effects
- Drug interactions
- During pregnancy
- Reviews (3)
- Drug images
- Compare alternatives
- Pricing & coupons
- En español
- Drug class: antiandrogens
- FDA approval history
Related treatment guides
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.