Benazepril / Hydrochlorothiazide Dosage
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Jan 22, 2024.
Applies to the following strengths: 5 mg-6.25 mg; 10 mg-12.5 mg; 20 mg-12.5 mg; 20 mg-25 mg
Usual Adult Dose for:
Additional dosage information:
Usual Adult Dose for Hypertension
Benazepril 5 to 20 mg-Hydrochlorothiazide 6.25 to 25 mg orally once a day
Maximum dose: Benazepril 20 mg-Hydrochlorothiazide 25 mg
Comments: May increase dose after 2 to 3 weeks as needed to achieve blood pressure goal.
Renal Dose Adjustments
Mild to moderate renal dysfunction (CrCl 30 to 90 mL/min): No adjustment recommended.
Severe renal dysfunction (CrCl 30 mL/min or less): Data not available
Liver Dose Adjustments
Mild to moderate liver dysfunction: No adjustment recommended.
Severe liver dysfunction: Data not available
US BOXED WARNING:
- FETAL TOXICITY: If pregnancy is detected, discontinue this drug as soon as possible. Drugs that act directly on the renin-angiotensin system (RAS) can cause injury and death to the developing fetus.
Safety and efficacy have not been established in patients younger than 18 years.
Consult WARNINGS section for additional precautions.
Data not available
- Assess renal function and serum electrolytes prior to initiating therapy and periodically during treatment.
- Consider monitoring white blood cell counts in patients with collagen-vascular disease, especially if associated with impaired renal function.
- Monitor congestive heart failure patients closely for the first 2 weeks of treatment with this drug and following a dose increase of this drug or a concomitant diuretic.
- Females of childbearing age should be informed of the consequences of exposure to this drug during pregnancy; ask these patients to report pregnancies as soon as possible.
- Advise patients to immediately report any signs or symptoms of angioedema (breathing difficulty or swelling of face, eyes, lips, or tongue) and to stop taking this drug until consulting a physician.
- Encourage patients to report any lightheadedness that may occur during treatment initiation and to stop taking this drug until consulting a physician if syncope occurs.
More about benazepril / hydrochlorothiazide
- Check interactions
- Compare alternatives
- Pricing & coupons
- Reviews (5)
- Drug images
- Side effects
- During pregnancy
- Drug class: ACE inhibitors with thiazides
- En español
- Hydrochlorothiazide and benazepril drug information
- Benazepril and hydrochlorothiazide (Advanced Reading)
- Benazepril and Hydrochlorothiazide
Related treatment guides
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.