Amlodipine / Perindopril Dosage
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Apr 5, 2023.
Applies to the following strengths: 2.5 mg-3.5 mg; 5 mg-7 mg; 10 mg-14 mg
Usual Adult Dose for:
Additional dosage information:
Usual Adult Dose for Hypertension
Initial dose: Amlodipine 2.5 mg-Perindopril 3.5 mg orally once a day
Maximum dose: Amlodipine 10 mg-Perindopril 14 mg orally once a day
- Wait 7 to 14 days between titration steps.
- May be used as initial therapy if multiple drugs are likely needed to achieve blood pressure goals.
- In patients greater than 65 years old, monitor blood pressure up to 2 weeks following titrations at doses above amlodipine 5 mg-perindopril 7 mg.
Renal Dose Adjustments
Mild to moderate renal dysfunction (CrCl 30 to 80 mL/min): Maximum dose: Amlodipine 5 mg-Perindopril 7 mg daily
Severe renal dysfunction (CrCl less than 30 mL/min): Not recommended
Liver Dose Adjustments
US BOXED WARNING:
- FETAL TOXICITY: If pregnancy is detected, discontinue this drug as soon as possible. Drugs that act directly on the renin-angiotensin system (RAS) can cause injury and death to the developing fetus.
Safety and efficacy have not been established in patients younger than 18 years.
Consult WARNINGS section for additional precautions.
Data not available
- Assess renal function and serum electrolytes prior to initiating therapy and periodically during treatment.
- In patients at risk of excessive hypotension, initiate this drug with caution and monitor closely for the first 2 weeks and whenever the dose of this drug is increased or a diuretic is added or its dose is increased.
- Females of childbearing age should be informed of the consequences of exposure to this drug during pregnancy; ask these patients to report pregnancies as soon as possible.
- In case of a missed dose, resume the usual dose at the next scheduled time.
More about amlodipine / perindopril
- Check interactions
- Compare alternatives
- Reviews (3)
- Side effects
- During pregnancy
- Drug class: ACE inhibitors with calcium channel blocking agents
- En español
Related treatment guides
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.