User Reviews for Zomig

Learn more about Zomig.

Zomig Rating Summary

7.5/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 126 medications used in the treatment of Migraine.

Reviews for Zomig to treat Migraine

"I take 2.5mg and have taken it for 14 years. It does stop the pain in 15 minutes but I feel like I have the flu after and lately a lot of bladder pain, urinary infections every 6 months and urinating a lot with loss of urinary control. I am 65 years old and have had migraines forever. Does anyone experience bladder issues? Is it because i have been on it so long and it is hurting the bladder?"

peta girl (taken for 10 years or more) October 8, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"The pain completely subsided after about an hour and a half but I'm not sure the side effects were worth it... dizziness, drowsiness, unable to speak, numbness. Unsure if I would take again."

_mich August 15, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Works well eliminating migraine within an hour. Side effects are increased urination for 2 hours. Increased heartbeat for 2 hours."

Trika (taken for 10 years or more) July 14, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I was diagnosed with migraines when I was in 3rd grade that's been forever ago since I am now 39. I take Topamax as my daily regimen to help not have them as much. They have tried me on ALL KINDS of medicine to help once I start to get the migraine and almost nothing works and I end up sick for days. The reaction I had to Zomig was the worst thou, I took the pill the first time and my then fiance ran to the store leaving me home with my infant daughter (she's 17 now) when he returned he found me blue & unresponsive on the floor it was a nightmare. I was rushed to the ER and well here I am but clearly it didn't work for me. Now I take Rizatriptan Benzoate self dissolving I have side effects but at least I'm breathing."

Libplus3 (taken for 10 years or more) July 9, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"It may take almost 2 hours, but it always works! This medicine has never failed me, and I'm using it for almost 20 years. Side effects - Sometimes nothing, sometimes extreme fatigue. My recommendation: go take a nap 45 - 60 minutes after taking it. You'll wake up with no remains of the migraine attack."

Arnim June 25, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Been taking Zomig for about a year for common migraines (without aura, I think). I never know if a serious migraine is coming on, but Zomig seems to work for it all. I break the 5mg pill in half at first if it's not bad, then take a whole 5mg pill if I wake up to a headache the next day. My headaches used to last 2-5 days switching sides. Imetrex seemed to work but it made my arms and chest feel heavy. Zomig has less side effects and seems to work just as well. I do have a few side effects, but I associate them with relief so they don't really bother me. A pill will put me out and I'll sleep really well, my skin gets sensitive to temperature (showers will sting a little), and as soon as the headache subsides I'll feel a little euphoric."

Sinemgil (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 20, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Maxalt did nothing and oral sumatriptan stopped working so I tried Zomig spray. I followed the directions exactly and still got a ton of product dripping down the back of my throat (which is normal). Either my migraine kept getting worse of the Zomig made it worse. Either way, this did not work for me."

LLB4 May 1, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"The nasal spray is amazing, pills no where as good. Insurance wants you to try the pill first. The spray is a miracle."

Logdog March 8, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Been diagnosed with chronic migraine for years now, and been struggling with these for a,long time..I had Tomapax as my maintenance and i take it everyday 2x a day, and if it triggers I have to take zomig.. but we've been changing my migraine pills every single time coz it doesn't help. I am sick and tired with migraine.."

Day_C January 26, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have been having migraines since I was very young and now 60. I found I couldn't travel anywhere and couldn't go out in the sun. I've have been taking zomig for 4 years and usually it just stops my migraine straight away must admit it has given me my life back . But yesterday while I was driving a long distance it came on quick And zomig didn't work as well, I think I took it to late, when I finaly got home in agony all the side afects started I felt realy ill my throat closed and pain shot around my neck and back. Hopefully this won't happen again."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 26, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I havent found any medication that helps with my migraines. Zomig caused me to experience a heat flash which lasted about an hour. Onset of neck stiffness not as bad as prior triptan medications used but still limited activities. Stinging and increased sensitivity in nose, mouth, and throat similar to sinus pressure. Semi-painful. Glands sensitive to taste and makes everything "sour" reaction. Liquid felt in nose and mouth for an hour or so. Bad aftertaste and dizzyness. Had to lay down and take a nap and side effects were still felt 24 hours later."

Bad side effects (taken for less than 1 month) January 11, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I had severe migraines with the heavy, intense pain and vomiting for about 8 years. Tried everything. Somethings worked after a few hours but that is a long time if you are in extreme pain and vomiting. My nureologist gave me samples of Zomeg 2.5 and 5 mg. The 5 mg completely takes the migraines away within a half hour. I don't have any side effects with this. This is the first migraine medicine that I can take and actually eventually finish my day. It is expensive but if your doctor takes the time to explain everything else you have tried and this seems to be the only option, usually your insurance will cover it then. This has give me life back and I don't fear so much about migraines as I used to."

Kim St December 22, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Acute migraine sumatriptan & lyrica not helping after yrs of use. Zomig 5mg spray given . Frequent urination pressure on bladder constant (so unable to go out) Blood in urine? To Question with dr yet. Very heavy fatigue just random fall asleep .rapid heart beat Diffulty swallowing hurt . Bit of sore throat further dwn throat. Short lived chest pain traveled to chest bone left side when bedtime? Speech , foggy head , thinking worsened. Dizziness (was already experiencing) Still woke during night with bad head (so cannot use) But these are manageable because better than the migraine. Could it be possible to spray 1st dose and take 2nd evening hour or 2 before bed instead of 2hrs after the initial. Terrible after taste ."

Fairymaid (taken for less than 1 month) September 4, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Zomig has been the most helpful triptan in aborting a migraine. The only negative side effects are frequent urination after taking the drug and extreme drowsiness."

Soapmaker68 (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 29, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Experienced bad adverse effect with tablets. No problem with nasal spray"

Me63 July 22, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I Was given zomig nasal spray as a test prescription from my doc. She said the nasal spray works really quickly and may be a good alternative to my max alt. I should have stuck with my instincts. After 10 years of migraines and numerous medications max alt always works. I tried the spray, it did act fast. I felt better within a half hour! But now four hours later and my migraine is back and worse than before:( I may try one more time but so far I am not impressed."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) July 18, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Normally my migraines take a few hours to go from the inkling I'm getting one to full blown vomiting and feeling like my body is turning inside out with chills and sweating etc. After taking this at the inkling stage within mins I was throwing up and it had become a full blown migraine. It clearly ramped it up! "

Corrine G June 25, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"This has been a life changer. I get 2-3 bad migraines a month that last usually over a day or two, and it would make me completely non functional. The great thing is that this medicine works fast, and completely takes away the splitting pain. The side effects the first two times were sleepiness and a pretty sore throat and face, but since then they've been extremely mild and almost unnoticable. Please try it, it's worth it"

Anonymous May 14, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have been taking zomig for a couple of years. It definitely takes my migraines away but my skin and muscle hurt every time. I have to plan showering around it. Today I had a very bad reaction after going on a very brisk 2 mile walk. My face and skin were flush, nauseous and hyper sensitivity to light. Migraine came back w a vengeance. Felt somewhat like heat stroke which isn't possible as it's 70 degrees. Almost went to hospital. Iced my head and rested. Finally feeling better. Note to self.. Do not exert myself on this medication!"

Anonymous February 20, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have tried everything - way too much otc medicines and several prescriptions which wouldn't touch the headache This drug is a miracle. Knocks out what would be a debilitating migraine in 30 to 60 minutes. I can even go back to work once it kicks in. I'm worried because I'm entering menopause and they recommend not taking it due to heart worries once you hit menopause, but I don't want to go back to the dark days where migraines would keep me in a dark room in bed for an entire day. Side effects are a sore throat/painful swallowing and increased urination, but it is a small price to pay for relief."

migrainemaine (taken for 5 to 10 years) November 27, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Given two of the 5 mg in nasal spray form ( at neurologist for my Rxs that control my 20 year history of cervical dystonia). Was on my second day of latest sinus headache the neuros always insist are migraines. Had them since I was a small child and they are sinus related. Spray did nothing. I got rid of it by eating hot mashed potatoes with three or more tablespoons of crushed hot pepper flakes. That was over an hour and a half of the non effective 5 mg Zomig. Hot spicy food worked instantly. Happy for those it works for...but I've often conquered mine with two gel cap ibuprofen. And or a damp hand towel in a plastic grocery bag heated in microwave and put on forehead. Mine are more stubborn over 50 years. Try other things 1st"

10tantoes September 4, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I started with the 2.5 mg dose and neurologist increased it to 5mg due to the severity of my migraines. This medicine makes me itch horribly. I drove my son nuts last night, making him check my bed every few minutes because I just knew there were bugs crawling on me. I haven't stopped scratching, I probably look like I have scabies or something. I need to find out if I can take a benedryl with this. Also, I'm on the fence about this medicine as it doesn't always work for me."

metrogirl July 7, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"First time taking the spray & it's horrible. It made me vomit, made my migraine worse, my nose feels weird & hurts & I want to fall asleep. Horrible!"

sameenak2k15 May 28, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Zomig is a miracle for me. The only drawback is my insurance only will pay for 12 tablets a month and sometimes I need more."

Lizziemimimom (taken for 5 to 10 years) April 2, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have had migraines since the age of 27. Now 62 and still get them. I have been taking Zomig for the past 10 years and they are the only tablet that have helped me. At first the dosage was 5mg. and was bought down to 2.5mg as the side effects made me feel as though my arms and chest were really heavy and was accompanied by a very dry mouth and was not able to drink anything hot. Sometimes I get very tired the day before the migraine hits and I know its time for a Zomig. I still get these sensations but not all of the time. I pay $36.45 every month 6 tablets, expensive but it works. My only worry now is that after the age of 65 it is not advisable to take them. I wonder what am I going to do?"

Dorza (taken for 10 years or more) February 28, 2015