User Reviews for Zomig

Migraine
7.5

Summary of Zomig reviews 7.5 73 reviews

Reviews for Zomig

For Migraine "I have been suffering with migraines for 20 years, ever since Zomig came out problem solved!! Every time!!! For about 15 years now I have been relieved of my migraines every time."

Geotracy August 12, 2018

For Migraine "Took the 2.5 disintegrating tab at first symptom and it helped. It helped me without any side effects."

Hahahahaha (taken for less than 1 month) July 24, 2018

For Migraine "Not as good as imitrex for me"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) July 6, 2018

For Migraine "I've been taking Zomig for 16 years. 5mg dose is too much and one should eat before taking. It has always eliminated my migraine within 30 minutes. Sometimes I have some muscle soreness and weakness for a short while afterwards. The tradeoff is not a bad one."

Connie (taken for 10 years or more) July 4, 2018

For Migraine "I’ve had headaches (stress headaches not necessarily migraines) for YEARS! My upper back, shoulders, neck and whole head hurt and nothing helped except for Zomig. Every medical professional told me to “stop stressing”! I always said “Do you think I like feeling this way!”. "

Gracie June 30, 2018

For Migraine "It only works about half of the time. I’m also very reluctant to use it and often delay using it longer than I should and it would probably be more effective if I used it earlier. I’m a chronic & cluster migraines and can’t afford the cost of $400/month. I think the cost is extremely unacceptable and the government should be negotiating prices for medications. I’m on disability, having both parts A&B the f Medicare. In addition we pay out of pocket for the most expensive supplemental medical & pharmacy insurance."

Debbie (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 31, 2018

For Migraine "Thought I was having a stroke as the migraine was the worst I’ve ever had, severe nausea, unbearable pain and rapid heart rate etc. Took a 2.5mg tablet and was able to sleep within 25 mins and when I woke up just over an hour later I felt human again. Did have some shooting pains in chest after 20 mins but as far as side effects go, it’s not the worst. Personally, it’s given me some quality of life back as my migraines are chronic."

Cat (taken for less than 1 month) April 19, 2018

For Migraine "I received a free sample of the zomig 5mg nasal spray tried it after an onset of a migraine and it intensified it 5 times and elevated my blood pressure, it turned a moderate migraine into a mega migraine within minutes...throbbing pain, neck stiffness..the sound of my own voice was too loud, had to sit in my office for 2 hours in the dark before attempting to drive home, will not try again."

Lilbird (taken for less than 1 month) March 7, 2018

For Migraine "I’m not gonna lie, the side effects can seriously suck... but they’re very temporary. I get a rancid taste in my mouth as well as increased heart rate (which, for someone with a preexisting heart condition, is not ideal) HOWEVER these only happen for maybe a half hour after taking the spray, and for the first time in over ten years I actually have something that not only halts the migraine in its tracks (whether I’m in the aura stage or even in the beginning of a serious attack) but let’s me actually continue on with work and not have to debilitate me to the point of needing to go to bed for the rest of the day. I take this in combination with Zofran, and I feel like a completely new person within an hour of taking it. This is the best."

cyaneyes95 (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 17, 2017

For Migraine "I have suffered with migraines for 20 years & without Zomig I would have missed out on many things in life. There are side effects such as spaced out feeling, dry mouth, increased urine which only last few hours after taking medication. But would rather have minor side effects & live my life without always being in pain."

Thankgod for Zomig November 15, 2017

For Migraine "I take 2.5mg and have taken it for 14 years. It does stop the pain in 15 minutes but I feel like I have the flu after and lately a lot of bladder pain, urinary infections every 6 months and urinating a lot with loss of urinary control. I am 65 years old and have had migraines forever. Does anyone experience bladder issues? Is it because i have been on it so long and it is hurting the bladder?"

peta girl (taken for 10 years or more) October 8, 2017

For Migraine "The pain completely subsided after about an hour and a half but I'm not sure the side effects were worth it... dizziness, drowsiness, unable to speak, numbness. Unsure if I would take again."

_mich August 15, 2017

For Migraine "Works well eliminating migraine within an hour. Side effects are increased urination for 2 hours. Increased heartbeat for 2 hours."

Trika (taken for 10 years or more) July 14, 2017

For Migraine "I was diagnosed with migraines when I was in 3rd grade that's been forever ago since I am now 39. I take Topamax as my daily regimen to help not have them as much. They have tried me on ALL KINDS of medicine to help once I start to get the migraine and almost nothing works and I end up sick for days. The reaction I had to Zomig was the worst thou, I took the pill the first time and my then fiance ran to the store leaving me home with my infant daughter (she's 17 now) when he returned he found me blue & unresponsive on the floor it was a nightmare. I was rushed to the ER and well here I am but clearly it didn't work for me. Now I take Rizatriptan Benzoate self dissolving I have side effects but at least I'm breathing."

Libplus3 (taken for 10 years or more) July 9, 2017

For Migraine "It may take almost 2 hours, but it always works! This medicine has never failed me, and I'm using it for almost 20 years. Side effects - Sometimes nothing, sometimes extreme fatigue. My recommendation: go take a nap 45 - 60 minutes after taking it. You'll wake up with no remains of the migraine attack."

Arnim June 25, 2017

For Migraine "Been taking Zomig for about a year for common migraines (without aura, I think). I never know if a serious migraine is coming on, but Zomig seems to work for it all. I break the 5mg pill in half at first if it's not bad, then take a whole 5mg pill if I wake up to a headache the next day. My headaches used to last 2-5 days switching sides. Imetrex seemed to work but it made my arms and chest feel heavy. Zomig has less side effects and seems to work just as well. I do have a few side effects, but I associate them with relief so they don't really bother me. A pill will put me out and I'll sleep really well, my skin gets sensitive to temperature (showers will sting a little), and as soon as the headache subsides I'll feel a little euphoric."

Sinemgil (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 20, 2017

For Migraine "Maxalt did nothing and oral sumatriptan stopped working so I tried Zomig spray. I followed the directions exactly and still got a ton of product dripping down the back of my throat (which is normal). Either my migraine kept getting worse of the Zomig made it worse. Either way, this did not work for me."

LLB4 May 1, 2017

For Migraine "The nasal spray is amazing, pills no where as good. Insurance wants you to try the pill first. The spray is a miracle."

Logdog March 8, 2017

For Migraine "Been diagnosed with chronic migraine for years now, and been struggling with these for a,long time..I had Tomapax as my maintenance and i take it everyday 2x a day, and if it triggers I have to take zomig.. but we've been changing my migraine pills every single time coz it doesn't help. I am sick and tired with migraine.."

Day_C January 26, 2017

For Migraine "I have been having migraines since I was very young and now 60. I found I couldn't travel anywhere and couldn't go out in the sun. I've have been taking zomig for 4 years and usually it just stops my migraine straight away must admit it has given me my life back . But yesterday while I was driving a long distance it came on quick And zomig didn't work as well, I think I took it to late, when I finaly got home in agony all the side afects started I felt realy ill my throat closed and pain shot around my neck and back. Hopefully this won't happen again."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 26, 2017

For Migraine "I havent found any medication that helps with my migraines. Zomig caused me to experience a heat flash which lasted about an hour. Onset of neck stiffness not as bad as prior triptan medications used but still limited activities. Stinging and increased sensitivity in nose, mouth, and throat similar to sinus pressure. Semi-painful. Glands sensitive to taste and makes everything "sour" reaction. Liquid felt in nose and mouth for an hour or so. Bad aftertaste and dizzyness. Had to lay down and take a nap and side effects were still felt 24 hours later."

Bad side effects (taken for less than 1 month) January 11, 2017

For Migraine "I had severe migraines with the heavy, intense pain and vomiting for about 8 years. Tried everything. Somethings worked after a few hours but that is a long time if you are in extreme pain and vomiting. My nureologist gave me samples of Zomeg 2.5 and 5 mg. The 5 mg completely takes the migraines away within a half hour. I don't have any side effects with this. This is the first migraine medicine that I can take and actually eventually finish my day. It is expensive but if your doctor takes the time to explain everything else you have tried and this seems to be the only option, usually your insurance will cover it then. This has give me life back and I don't fear so much about migraines as I used to."

Kim St December 22, 2016

For Migraine "Acute migraine sumatriptan & lyrica not helping after yrs of use. Zomig 5mg spray given . Frequent urination pressure on bladder constant (so unable to go out) Blood in urine? To Question with dr yet. Very heavy fatigue just random fall asleep .rapid heart beat Diffulty swallowing hurt . Bit of sore throat further dwn throat. Short lived chest pain traveled to chest bone left side when bedtime? Speech , foggy head , thinking worsened. Dizziness (was already experiencing) Still woke during night with bad head (so cannot use) But these are manageable because better than the migraine. Could it be possible to spray 1st dose and take 2nd evening hour or 2 before bed instead of 2hrs after the initial. Terrible after taste ."

Fairymaid (taken for less than 1 month) September 4, 2016

For Migraine "Zomig has been the most helpful triptan in aborting a migraine. The only negative side effects are frequent urination after taking the drug and extreme drowsiness."

Soapmaker68 (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 29, 2016

For Migraine "Experienced bad adverse effect with tablets. No problem with nasal spray"

Me63 July 22, 2016