User Reviews for Trintellix to treat Depression (Page 9)

Trintellix Rating Summary

6.0/10 Average Rating

Compare all 188 medications used in the treatment of Depression.

Reviews for Trintellix

Dolly75 October 18, 2017

“I have been on this drug for 3 days and can’t take it any more! I feel manic, have lost fine motor control, and my heart is running as fast as if I had been—well, running. Not for me!”

sc0689 · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 18, 2017

“I'm on 10mg and the anxiety/depression has greatly improved. I used to take it at night before bed, but then I found myself not sleeping well at all. I changed to around lunch time and some days I am so nauseous I can't eat lunch. Such a shame since it's helping with the anxiety and depression, but the side effects are killer.”

Family affair October 11, 2017

“I took Effexor and other drugs for years...Most of my life. I always had a level of depression that never went away including suicidal thoughts. When I started trintellix I had the stomach upset that is common but it went away after a week or so. But the benefits I got from it far outweighed the detriments. I no longer have those thoughts daily and in general feel better. It was such a positive experience for me, when my daughter was diagnosed, I asked them to put her on it too. Now we are both much better than we were. Hope this helps”

Gracie 22 · Taken for less than 1 month October 6, 2017

“I have been on several antidepressants before and needed to make a change. This medication was the worst experience ever. Major stomach issues and headache, but mostly the emotional side. Couldn't quit crying. I also didn't sleep for the week I tried to take it. Not for me. Do yourself a favor and don't start it.”

Ktayt October 5, 2017

“I started traveling trintellix. For the first 4 days I threw up within 3 hours after I've taken it. After that I was still a little nauseous but not so bad as throwing up. I did get a slight headache and it was throughout the day very mild. After the third week the nagging headache and slight nausea was just too much for me to carry on. This medicine helped more than any other I've tried in 20 years but I just didn't like the side effects so I stopped the medicine. With my doctor's approval of course. So if you can hang on through the side effects and if they're not really bad for you this medicine would have been a 10”

Alexis456 · Taken for 6 months to 1 year October 5, 2017

“I've been on Trintellix for 6 months and this pill has been a miracle for me! I was on Wellbutrin for 5 months prior, but it ended up giving me anxiety so I switched. I've had depression for over a decade and nothing really took it away -- I did therapy, changed my diet, exercised.. I still felt grey, lifeless and didn't care much if I died. My depression was never overwhelming sadness, it was quite the opposite: I felt nothing. Nothing gave my pleasure. I was just a robot doing what I had to do. It worked quite quickly, about 3 weeks after I started. I will always have depression, but I'm able to cope now. I no longer feel like life is meaningless.. I now do things just for the sake of it. I finally enjoy normal events like everyone else.”

Alicat01 October 3, 2017

“I took this medication for just two days. My doc told me I did not have to wean off of effexor I could just start taking the trintellix on the day I chose. I became severely depressed. It hit me like a load of bricks. Sobbing, feeling helpless, hopelessness and that my life was just not worth living. I was shocked at how fast these feeling came upon me I have never experienced something like this before and I have been on several antidepressants over the years. I also had severe nausea and diarrhea for over 24 hours. The third day, yesterday I went back to the effexor. Today I finally feel like myself inside and out. This medication was NOT for me!”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 3, 2017

“Expensive, Did not help with depression at all.”

Brittomart · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 24, 2017

“I sure hope me writing this can help someone avoid the prolonged agony I experienced on Trintellix. I started with a 5 mg dose for one month. After about 5 days, I started having itching on my external vulva. By the 7th day, I almost went to the ER, but by that time, due to all my scratching, I had developed a pseudomonas aeruginos infection. Four courses of antibiotics later, the unbearable, constant, relentless, and ever-present itching was still there, with some hives. Though the infection was gone, the itching continued. I have never had intense itching like this--the more I scratched, the more I itched, and I couldn't even sleep. Two days after stopping Trintillix, the itching was gone. Two months of hell. Fixed drug eruption.”

Anonymous September 21, 2017

“Thought the nausea would pass but it didn't. I feel like a complete zombie that is constantly on the verge of throwing up. I'd rather be depressed than stay on this medication.”

Sogilu September 19, 2017

“Took 5 mg on a Friday, it put me to sleep for 12 hours. Took another 5 mg the next day and my chest seized up and my left arm lost sensation. I then started having heart arrhythmia every minute to the point where my entire left side of my chest hurt. I had no energy for the entire weekend. I felt depressed and miserable and in pain. I tried one more time Sunday night before bed and it woke me up from a dead sleep with chest pain and arrhythmia. I still have chest pain and arrhythmia and I've been off of it for 1 week. My energy levels are still low and I get out of breath easily. I have never had any problems cardio wise in the past.”

Markus2017 September 18, 2017

“I started at a 1/4 dose (2.5mg) and couldn't make it past day 6. I didn't have the vomiting that others report, but it destroyed my appetite. And then gave me diarrhea. Fastest 5lbs I ever lost. But moreover, it felt like I'd taken a bad amphetamine. It made me INCREDIBLY anxious; heart racing; waking at 5AM in a panic. I've taken SSRI's before--this was something more/different. There were a few glimmers around day 5 when I felt my mood was better (kind of like the kick you get from a cup of coffee) but the rest was unmanageable.”

RedHairGirl · Taken for 6 months to 1 year September 15, 2017

“I took this from Feb 2017 until Sept 2017 for my GAD. I alternated between 5mg & 10mg daily. It worked ok for my anxiety, but just ok. Sex drive non-existent. Gained 20 lbs with no other lifestyle changes, so it had to be this medicine. I stopped with no withdrawal symptoms so that's good.”

Daisy Jeanne · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 5, 2017

“I've been on Trintellix for 7 weeks along with Buspirone for Anxiety, which is my biggest problem. About 1 month in on Trintellix I got hives and itchy skin too. Wasn't sure what that was about. The hives seem to be going away slowly, not all gone yet but the itchy skin remains. It's manageable, just annoying. Not really sure this medication is helping me. Right now just trying to get/keep the anxiety under control.”

JimDiesel · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 3, 2017

“This pill makes me so nauseated and ill feeling that there is no way this should have ever been cleared by the FDA. After 2 months of taking it to let it "kick in" I feel like I'm physically dying. I've taken other anti-depressants that were fine. This should be recalled immediately.”

pvisser42 · Taken for 6 months to 1 year August 29, 2017

“Minimal effectiveness for me. Was on 10 mg for anxiety and depression for 8 months. Had to reduce to 5 mg due to extreme fatigue and general malaise. When my Dr. asked if it was helping I said I didn't know, other than it was making me tired and emotionless (not happy, not sad). His reply was if you don't know then it's not doing anything, Good answer! I tapered off over 2 months and withdrawal was hell. Now am only taking clonazapam for anxiety and feel much better. Tried it again for 1.5 weeks and only 5 mg (just to be sure) and had same extreme fatigue, blah blah blah feeling, and felt down and worthless. Then withdrawal effects again after only such a short period. This drug is not for me.”

Dc1331 August 23, 2017

“Have been on Trintellix 10 mg for 3 months now. Previously tried Celexa and Lexapro, and years ago Paxil and Prozac. Overall, it definitely works well to control my anxiety. My problems were more anxiety than depression, although Trintellix seems to help with my mood as well. I'm not nearly as tired as I was on Celexa and Lexapro. No nausea, but I still have some sexual side effects (low libido). Although the sexual side effects are definitely better than Celexa or Lexapro. Overall though, probably the best of the antidepressants I've been on, comparing efficacy vs. side effects.”

Flowersrule August 17, 2017

“Been on 10mg trintellex for 9 days after weening off Zoloft 150mg over a month Really feel much better on trintellex but I have itchy skin and hives. I got hives on one side of face the first day now they move around . Take hydroxizine which has helped some Going to stop trintellex and start back on Zoloft to see if hives go away per Dr suggestion. Has anyone else gotten hives and do they go away over time. If I knew they would go away I would stick with it a little longer”

GSD 521 August 15, 2017

“Trintellix (30 mg) has helped manage my depression but has resulted in exceptional weight gain. I have gained 30 lb in 9 months, which just adds to the depression and self disgust.”

Lo Marie August 14, 2017

“Been on this medication for about 6 months now. I didn't have any start up side effects which has always been an issue with me. Been on so many different antidepressants with no good results. I'm no longer sad and I honestly think I'm in a good place in my life. Added in 100mg of wellbutrin SR for energy since the trintellix didn't give me that boost. Only complaint is I have muscle spasmsmore frequently and this medication hasn't helped with my G.A.D. Some days I'll have to take an anti anxiety pill but not very often. I got the savings card and only pay $10 for this which is nice.”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 11, 2017

“I am 59 year old woman - I had bizarre dreams every night and I also suffered severe muscle spasms on Trintellix.”

Thatgirl789 · Taken for less than 1 month August 1, 2017

“My doctor gave me samples. Went from Zoloft to Trintellix. Let's just say, this has not been a good experience. I have a tough stomach but everytime I take this medicine I'm to the point of vomiting. Tried taking it before bed, definitely not a good idea either. Up vomiting too. I did see a small boost in energy though.. but with all the sickness, I would have to say taking this is not worth it.”

Abdul0120 · Taken for 1 to 2 years July 30, 2017

“The medication worked well for 6 months with no sexual side effects. However, after that, I have noticed that Trintellix not effective as used to be and I dealt with low libido. Once I stopped the medication, my sexual desire was back. Overall, the medication deserves a trial especially if your insurance covers it. Good luck every one.”

Janafaye · Taken for less than 1 month July 30, 2017

“I have generalized anxiety disorder with a hint of depression. I started out on 5mg of brintillix along with buspar and klonopin, then after 2 weeks I went up to 10 mg of trintillix. I take the medicine in the morning and within 10 mins I'm having severe abdominal pains, dry heaving , migraines, and itching everywhere!!!! I've been on klonopin for years so I know it's not that. Buspar makes me feel crazy so only thing It could be is the trintillix. I just assume stop rather than take anymore and feel this much physical pain. It will make you crazy in itself. I do not recommend this to anyone.”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 26, 2017

“I was prescribed this medication for anxiety I am going on almost 8 weeks now and really starting to feel better not 100% sure if it's the meds or that I cut back my working hours but I feel pretty good! I did have migraines and nausea when I first started but I toughed it out if you can tough out the side affects it will get better !”