User Reviews for Trintellix to treat Depression (Page 8)

Trintellix Rating Summary

6.0/10 Average Rating

Compare all 188 medications used in the treatment of Depression.

Reviews for Trintellix

Anonymous May 6, 2018

“From the start I can't sleep. My stomach feels like it's on fire, I can't eat or am throwing up when I do eat. I've lost 14 lbs in one month, due to not eating. My heart beats super fast, I'm dizzy and unsteady, and the worst of all it does nothing for anxiety, it has made it worse. Also the drug interactions, I throw up the pain medication for my back, codiene. You can't take basic medications for colds, allergies, headache or body ache. After taking or trying to take 20mgs for a month I just want to crawl in a hole. This is NOT a good medicine. Had a slight improvement with depression but not worth it.”

R · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 5, 2018

“This is the only antidepressant I have ever taken that has helped my depression with little to no side effects. My libido has not decreased, I find joy in things now and enjoy life and I feel better about myself overall. The only downsides are increased appetite, and sluggishness when waking up (I take it at night). Hooray for finally finding something that works!”

anthony · Taken for less than 1 month May 1, 2018

“This medication completely changed my life, bad thoughts completely left my head but it felt like they left naturally and not as if I was drugged up and turned into the walking dead. The problem is it gives me stomach problems thats about it, I didn't have any nausea I always take it with food and I feel 20x calmer then before and I'm waaaayyyy more level headed.”

Barb · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 30, 2018

“I had been on Effexor for a couple years and hated being so tired. Weaned off which took a year. I had no energy or feelings.. zip. I went on to trintellix started at 10mg went to 20mg after a month. Hate it! Sooo tired, no motivation, sleep all the time, it’s been 2 months. Dr wants me to go one more month to give it a real try.. so over this pill! Oh and the diarrhea.. seriously!!”

Ellie · Taken for 1 to 2 years April 22, 2018

“After chemo and radiation my anxiety and depression was through the roof !!! I tried several meds and it only made my situation worse. Then I was given Trintellix at a very low dose. Nausea was very bad so I asked my Doctor about taking ondansetron. This is a anti nausea med I had taken during my treatment. I take one 8mg with my Trintellix and now have zero nausea ! I am now living life again!”

Ashley · Taken for 1 to 2 years April 22, 2018

“I started this med after gaining 10 lbs rapidly on Vibryd. Once I started this, I lost the weight and it has worked just fine. No significant side effects for me and I am sleeping like a baby.”

Yassinn · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 20, 2018

“I've lost 6 weeks from my life trying this medication. I've had nausea, headaches...”

Dave S. · Taken for less than 1 month April 12, 2018

“I’ve taken many medications over the past 20 years for Epilepsy, depression and generalized anxiety. Lexapro since it was approved. It lost its efficacy so my psychiatrist and I agreed to give 5mg of trintellix a try. (While remaining on the Lexapro) He wanted to start me on the lowest possible dose to see how I handled the side effects. Everyone reacts differently to various medications so this is just one voice but I can not emphasize enough how horrible I felt. Extreme GI bloating , stomach cramping and vomiting. Yes all possible side effects. Never felt compelled to write a medication review until now. If you have depression and this medication is offered as a first option I would strongly advocate a tried and true older SSRI. The majority of studies are showing the “older” ones (Prozac, Lexapro, Zoloft etc) are just as effective. Again if anyone’s life has improved by taking this then that’s great. For me it was a nightmare.”

Olga · Taken for less than 1 month April 6, 2018

“After years of suffering depression and trying various medicaments, I finally got my life back. Energy is back, my whole being is feeling awesome!”

Damaz3s · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 4, 2018

“I was prescribed Trintellix 10mg for anxiety about 4 weeks ago. It is working wonders for me so far. For the first 2 weeks I suffered terrible constipation and I pooped myself on two separate occasions. I didn't even know I had to go! My bowels are finally getting back to normal and my only lingering side effect is an itchy forehead and ears. Weird but not overly bothersome. Lotion seems to help. I have not experienced any weight changes. The drug seemed to kick in and start working almost immediately which was also great. If I hadn't poo'ed myself I would give it a full 10.”

Allison · Taken for less than 1 month March 22, 2018

“Had bad depression for about two years before starting to take this drug. I've been on a lot of psych meds in my life and once you get passed the first week or two side effects (which is with any psych drug really) it’s a miracle as you don’t have cloud thinking. Most of the time patients don’t stick to medication long enough to get past the side effects that make them not feel like themselves and this drug made me feel like myself so I’ll take the initial nausea any day over being depressed. If you can afford it take it over all others. My boyfriend is an MD but not a pysch doctor of any kind so he has no incentive to sell the drug and he was the one to have me try it because among his doctor friends it’s what they recommend and take for depression over anything else. The reason doctors don’t widely prescribe it is the price tag.”

Alex · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 22, 2018

“This is without a doubt the worse medication I have ever taken. Nothing but nausea and constipation for the past four months. I have a Drs. appointment the first part of April and will discuss with him since I have to have something, but Trintellix is not it. I am only taking 5 mg., tried to go to 10, but could not tolerate it and now I am back to 5 and can't tolerate that either.”

chrysanne · Taken for less than 1 month March 18, 2018

“I was sceptic after reading the reviews on this especially with the side effects but it's changed my life! I feel so good and did not have any of the mentioned side effects except for maybe 10 minutes of slight nausea in the beginning and that was only a one time thing. I will put up with nausea every day if I have to. A small price to pay in exchange for the relief of depression and good feeling this gives me”

Sadness · Taken for less than 1 month March 10, 2018

“I’ve been on 5mg for 5 days and I'm supposed to increase to 10mg after 7 days but right after I swallow it my stomach burns like on fire for 3 hrs. I’ve tried eating before (but no appetite) so not able to eat much. I’m hoping stomach pain subsides when I go to 10mg if not may need to switch to another one.”

000000 March 5, 2018

“This drug works! It’s taken a long time for it to kick in for me (about 3-4 months) but I’m so happy I stuck with it. Prior to Trintellix I had terrible anxiety, panic, dissociation.. anxiety was so bad I lost 15 pounds.. That’s a lot of weight for me.. I was so sickly. Thanking God for creating people that creates medication that helps people. No one asked to be born with this disease. Please don’t be ashamed to take something your brain may need. By the way, I am an RN and support medication 100%. Praying for everyone. I was previously on Celexa 20mg for 5 years. I’ve had GAD and panic since I was 19, it’s genetic for me. God bless!”

Girlgonewifi · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 28, 2018

“I started on 5 mg then up till 10mg then 20mg . I’ve been on it for five months. In the beginning I felt like my depression was getting better. After 5 months I now believe that I’ve become immune to the drug and I’m starting to feel the same symptoms I had to begin with.”

Tutu 123 February 17, 2018

“I started this med after being off prozac for 4 months First side effect was nausea Then tiredness but I'm really not sure if its drug related but my libido is flying up after been taken away by prozac. I am finally back to myself in intimacy!”

MamaKing518 · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 10, 2018

“My doctor started me on 10 mg for situational depression in mid-December After a month, I was able to have a conversation without crying (mostly), but still wasn’t where I needed to be. She increased the dosage to 20 mg and almost immediately I felt better. I have had no nausea; my energy level, interest in life and libido have all increased. I will say, I started taking the medication at night, but did experience insomnia. I switched to taking it in the morning and my sleep has improved greatly. I’ve had people who did not know what was going on with me comment that I look 10 years younger and happier. It has given me the ability to take care of the issues that were causing my depression. I don’t Know how long I will be taking the medication, but I am grateful for its effectiveness.”

Shamutta February 5, 2018

“I've been on this since early November for my Dysthymia. The first week or two I was a bit woozy, I would feel completely knackered after taking it and would feel nausea, I took two weeks off work until it stablised. This usually happens about 30 minutes after taking it. I still get these side-effects and they bug me. I also noticed my body temperature increasing about an hour after they kick in and I would start to sweat. After about two hours these symptoms pilfer out.. I can't say my thinking has changed, I feel a bit more levelled out, my sex drive is the same and after about three weeks my sleep improved somewhat. They are quite subtle. Alcohol just makes you feel more nausea, so it may be a good drug for alcoholics! I've noticed by my third month I was farting more and I would have occasional diarrhea and have a dry mouth in the morning.”

Nana of 8 · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 31, 2018

“I have been on this medication for 3 months. I've tried so many and I get all the rare side effects. Well this seems to be the same. Although I am not gaining weight at 2.5mg. My ears have been ringing since day 3. Dr tried increasing to 5mg then 10mg and I was emotionally raw terrifying. I have since been put back to 2.5mg and although the ringing is crazy...I am getting over my sons death a bit better.”

MiDwesternGAD · Taken for 6 months to 1 year January 21, 2018

“Terrible headaches every day. I tried 5mg with minimal help for GAD. Doc upped me to 10mg, but that made me so tired I could barely function, so back down to 5mg. I was on it for 6 months and gained 20lbs. Tapering off now with severe mood swings. I’ve tried EffexorXR, Lexapro, and this and I always have the same results. I don’t think SSRIs are helpful for my anxiety, it always comes with way worse side effects. Now I have to drop this weight and figure out a nondrug solution to my anxiety.”

fishing buddy · Taken for 6 months to 1 year January 12, 2018

“After many years of trying different antidepressants, my doctor prescribed Trintellix. After about 3 months, I started sleeping 9-12 hours a day, was extremely apathetic, and had no motivation. I had all kinds of tests done because none of these were listed as side effects. I ran out of my pills over the holidays. After being off Trintellix for six days, I woke up feeling like the bell jar had been lifted off of me. Now, a week later, my sleep is starting to get closer to normal, my empathy is returning, and have had more motivation. I also gained weight.”

Melancholy January 10, 2018

“I have been on 10 mg trintellix for 1 year now. I feel like the depression cloud that had been hovering over my head is gone. I feel good emotionally. The downside is I do feel lethargic. The lethargy has made me more sedentary which has caused me to not exercise as much. As a result I have gained approx 20 lbs. According to the BMI chart I am considered overweight. My sex drive initially increased while on trintellix but has since tapered off. It could be the result of lethargy and weight gain. I can honestly say that if you can get past the lethargy and not worry about weight you do feel pretty good on trintellix.”

Trixie001 · Taken for 1 to 2 years January 8, 2018

“I had previously given Trintellix a rave review on another site. Since that time, I have been suffering with pancreatitis, which the doctors could only attribute to Trintellix, as I had no other contributing factors, AND pancreatitis is a known side effect of the drug. Trust me - you NEVER want pancreatitis! This is something you would only wish on your worst enemies. From now on I will look at the side effects of every medication before even trying them.”

Gailehart · Taken for less than 1 month November 1, 2017

“I got 5mg samples from my doctor for depression and anxiety and took almost the whole sample bottle but had to stop. This drug affected me very oddly and I couldn’t take it anymore. In the beginning I felt like I was on speed, which I didn’t mind. It got rid of my depression and anxiety almost immediately. My confidence came back and I could get up in the morning. Towards the end, however, I had increased cravings for food, I went from not being able to sleep at all to having to sleep ALL DAY. My nipples almost got really tender and a little swollen. I knew I had to get off this medication it was horrible. Hopefully Wellbutrin will work for me.”