User Reviews for Trintellix to treat Depression (Page 7)

Trintellix Rating Summary

6.0/10 Average Rating

Compare all 188 medications used in the treatment of Depression.

Reviews for Trintellix

Chuck · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 21, 2018

“I suffer with PTSD, depression, and anxiety. Since I am service-connected disabled, I get all my treatment through the VA. My doctors and psychiatrists over the years, since depression hit me really hard in 2001, have tried numerous depression medicines to help me, but to no avail. Finally three months ago I was introduced to Trintellix. I could tell I was feeling better between two and three weeks after starting the medicine. I started out with 5 mg for a couple of weeks and then with my psychiatrist suggestion bumped it up to 10 mg. Stayed on 10 mg per day for about a month, till my psychiatrist bumped it up to the target goal of 20 mg per day, which is where I'm at now. Trintellix is a God-send!!! I love it and I feel like a new man! I can be happy now, with optimistic hope for the future.”

PTSDBPADD · Taken for 6 months to 1 year August 19, 2018

“20 mg, 7 months. Pros: worked when other antidepressants wouldn’t. Cons: horrible gastrointestinal distress. My stomach has bloated out like a painful ballon. Terrible constipation. Summary: if I didn’t have the stomach issues I’d give it a 10, but I’m starting to think I can’t put up with it anymore.”

Bee · Taken for less than 1 month August 17, 2018

“This medicine is hard to explain first it made me sick at my stomach for about 5 days, then one day I felt like the sun had came out an things looked brighter, then I couldn't sleep, I just keep waking up. It seems to make me a little nicer, does not control temper, or make me as relaxed as zoloft. I've been on it for 2 weeks and I am going to try for 2 more weeks to make up my mind. It is kinda hard to know yet”

KK · Taken for 2 to 5 years August 14, 2018

“I took Trintellix for 3 and half years. It worked great for me. I got samples every month from my doctor due to the cost. My insurance didn't cover it and it was over $300 a month. I recently stopped taking it and now am I Zoloft. I pray it works as good as Trintellix did.”

paly · Taken for less than 1 month July 29, 2018

“I have been taking trintellix and after 20 years of depression and anxiety I have been feeling much better. The only problem is, I can't afford it. I have the best health insurance and they do not pay for it. How can anyone get better if they charge over $200 a month. I am on SSI”

Duke · Taken for less than 1 month July 28, 2018

“I had very little stomach issues. I read that many do, but not me. And I am feeling oh so much better on 10mg a day.”

Aaaa · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 25, 2018

“Initially helped pull me out of depression. But made anxiety and restlessness worse and worse. Gave me restless leg syndrome, and had a 3 day stretch where I had 0 sleep even with visteril the first night, double the vistaril the second, and 3 ativans to finally enjoy maybe 4 hours on the 3rd. Made my mind feel so stimulated my thoughts were racing and even vivid like I was living in a dream. And the worse effect was the itching and the feeling of wanting to jump out of my skin. Went off completely and started zoloft. It's a lot better for anxiety”

DedZep2112 July 18, 2018

“Trintellix for 3 Wks. Weaned off Effexor 150mg. Week 1 down to 110.5mg Effexor. Week two 75mg Effexor/5mg Trintellix. Week three 37.5mg Effexor/10 mg Trintellix. Now 10 mg Trintellix only. 1st two weeks not great. Anxiety kicked up – Dr. gave Xanax to help while changing doses. Nausea but nothing I couldn't handle. Past week has been better. Last 2-3 days anxiety gone down a lot. Less anxiety w/o needing benzo is great. MAJOR benefit - joint pain has greatly improved. For several months had severe left ankle pain - attributed it to injuries I had in my 20s. Next came severe pains in my left thumb & right index finger at knuckle. Thought it was the onset of arthritis. Really sucked b/c I'm a guitar player. At 37.5mg Effexor/10mg Trintellix joint pain started getting better. Clued in - maybe due to change in Rx. Looked it up - Effexor known to cause joint pains like the ones I've experienced. This is especially true when coming off Effexor. Joint pain not totally gone but 80-90% better.”

Mr happy June 30, 2018

“Worked from day 2. My pancreatic cancer related depression disappeared. Felt better than I had done in many a year, 6 months later still working well”

josh June 19, 2018

“I was on zoloft at various doses up to 200 mg for 5 years before I decided to wean off and go to nothing. Horrible withdrawal. After 6 months of being on nothing, I tried trintillex. First few weeks or so I felt constantly anxious and no mood increase/decrease. After 3rd week I felt a lift in mood and I had a few instances where I couldn't stop smiling, and go back to my old neutral/depressive state. I am about to go up to 20mg starting tomorrow because my OCD and anxiety are still there (though less), but as of now I can say that I feel a lot better mentally as far as mood and depression goes. I guess I am the lucky one as this causes almost no side effects as far as nausea and stomach cramps, other than constipation and a bit of dizziness/shaking and tremors the first few weeks, which are currently weaning away. I highly suggest you try this despite the horrible stomach side affects people are reporting as I have had no hardly any, and it just depends on the person.”

MB June 16, 2018

“I went to the doctor with severe anxiety. It got to where I couldn’t stand to be around anyone. I was so irritable all the time and panicky. I do know some of this is my own fault for trying to do too much- single mother working while in nursing school. Putting pressure on myself to make straight As. There are many other factors, but in a nutshell, I think I overloaded myself. I went to the dr for something for anxiety. He gave me trintellix instead, which initially made me angry because I didn’t consider myself to be depressed and felt written off. However, within 3 days of taking this medication, I could tell a major difference. I really did not expect this to work for me at all, and I’m so thankful I tried it anyway. I am a much happier person. I’m able to get everything done without those awful feelings paralyzing me with fear. I’m pleasant to be around again to my family. I’m nicer. I don’t feel that horrible anxiety that clouded my perception of everything around me.”

Neiceygirl · Taken for less than 1 month June 15, 2018

“Causes heart race.”

Dani · Taken for less than 1 month June 14, 2018

“Just a reminder for anyone taking the drug and reading these reviews, it take's at least a week or two before one can begin to feel the beneficial results. As for my personal experience; I'm one week on the drug, and I'm taking Ativan as well to treat MDD and anxiety disorders. Other than some rather uncomfortable nausea, and a day or two of vomiting, this has been a very beneficial experience. No weight gain, libido is intact, and I feel clear; however, I strongly recommend you not do any heavy drinking while on this drug, and if you have a history of heart burn or stomach ulcers, then it might be a good idea to use additional medication to treat any stomach problems. All in all, it's working for me =)”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 2 years June 13, 2018

“I started taking trintellix about a year and a half ago for anxiety and depression after all other meds failed to help or helped but with lots of tiredness and nausea. This medicine is amazing!!!! It makes me feel absolutely normal!!! Occasionally I will get nausea it I take it without food or milk, but that's my fault.”

Kimmiecoo7 · Taken for 1 to 2 years May 28, 2018

“I was started on trintellix 5mg 2x day, I was hopeful. It didn’t run me crazy. Then suddenly it wasn’t affective. My dose was increased to 10mg 2x day, emotions all over the place . Dose now at 20mg with clonazepam . I cry all the time, I have no interest in anything. I go nowhere, I talk to no one, I can’t remember things, I don’t sleep more than a couple of hours at a time. I’ve lost my appetite, my sex drive, coping skills and now it’s destroying my marriage . I question my own existence. I’ve lost my job , my friends my life . I don’t get dressed or leave my house except for doctor appointments. This is an expensive medication and I’ve told my doctors it’s not helping and all I get is this is the strongest dose we can give you!”

Sarah · Taken for less than 1 month May 27, 2018

“My wife has been taking this for just over a week now and is almost completely back to being herself. She had tried 4 different antidepressants over the past 3 years and wasn’t herself at all. Even having insurance, it would have cost $90/month but I managed to find a voucher that dropped the price further.”

gatorgirl5000 · Taken for 6 months to 1 year May 23, 2018

“After trying many other medications, I am happy with my experience with Trintellix. I take 10mg once daily for depression and anxiety. I don’t feel like a zombie, have not had any sexual side effects or weight gain. The only adverse reaction I experience is very mild nausea afternoon taking so I take it in the evenings before bed.”

Halliemaddy · Taken for less than 1 month May 22, 2018

“I've been taking Trintellix for the past 4-5 days. My anxiety is through the roof, and I'm very angry and sad. I'm on 5mg, also take Clonazepam, and it's not helping. It's causing trouble in my home life. I'm not sure what to do.”

Missy · Taken for 1 to 2 years May 17, 2018

“Drug worked okay to stop anxiety associated with the loss of my father. After increasing the does to max amount (20mg) I became extremely fatigued. I am talking, not able to get out of bed some days and going straight to bed after work. Even the lower doses continued the fatigue. This drug was not a good fit for me and was very expensive even with insurance.”

Holly · Taken for less than 1 month May 16, 2018

“I started taking Trintellix about 1 month ago, after trying 4 other medications first. I finally found one that works for me and my insurance will not cover it. My Doctor was nice and gave me 1 month worth of samples. I love this medication! My motivation is awesome, good sex drive and overall I just feel great! I had not so great side effects with the other 4 medications I had tried. I just don't understand why getting help is so expensive? People are suffering because it is so hard to get help. Now my insurance wants me to trial and error 3 other medications off of their list before they will approve Trintellix. Trintellix works for me. What is the point of having insurance...? I guess I have to suffer for 3 more months just for them to actually help me.”

Ska Octopus · Taken for 2 to 5 years May 15, 2018

“If I have to be on an antidepressant, and I do, then Trintellix is the one I've had the best experience with. I'm still on a 20mg dose and I feel levelled, a little bit anxious, but otherwise very little spiralling or anything like that which I had in the past. I've had issues with many other SSRI/SNRI class antidepressants in the past (primarily anxiety & sexual side effects). But Trintellix seems to be very, very manageable side-effect wise. Would be $50 with my insurance copay, but I signed up for a card on a website and I pay $10 a month now, so not bad.”

JORDAN · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 11, 2018

“Seriously, after 7 weeks I can't focus or get out of bed. UGH”

Jo · Taken for less than 1 month May 10, 2018

“The 1st week on Trintellex was fine, no problems. The next two weeks I had vomiting and severe diarrhea. I went off the med after 3 weeks. It's been 3 weeks since I discontinued Trintellex and I still have liquid stools. I see the doc in 4 days.”

Ss77 · Taken for 1 to 2 years May 9, 2018

“I started trintellix at 10mg and gradually up to 20mg. So many people had said they had terrible side effects, of nausea. So I took it at night to avoid symptoms Once it was in my system, omgoodness...this is the best anti depressant I have ever taken. And there have been many. I feel so levelled out, haven't remembered the last time I've been depressed. I recommend it to anyone suffering from depression. Finally a drug out there that gives hope and is such a wonderful drug”

Silva · Taken for less than 1 month May 8, 2018

“If if you have mental fog with SSRI's, sluggish, slow thinking, trouble concentrating, please try this drug! It'll change your life for the better. Only downside is nausea, that takes a while to disappear. Don't give up at the first month! * It's not strong for MDD as other medications.”