User Reviews for Trintellix to treat Depression (Page 6)

Trintellix Rating Summary

6.0/10 Average Rating

Compare all 188 medications used in the treatment of Depression.

Reviews for Trintellix

Schmaxie10 December 20, 2018

“Omg!!! This drug has been a nightmare for me! I didn't even realize it until today. I read the side effects of the medication. I have every single one of them, severe migraines, eye pain, nausea, diarrhea and vomiting. I have been going through so much in my life that I literally didn't know that it was the trintellix that might have been causing the migraines, eye pain, diarrhea, nausea and vomiting that I have been having since I've been on it the last several months! I just put it with stress and sinusitis. I was on Lexapro for many years I was suffering from very bad depression because of a lot of bad things that was going on in my life this past summer. I thought it was time for a change of medication. I nurse practitioner put me on Prozac and that made me agitated. Another nurse practitioner put me on Trintellix. At first I thought it made me feel better because it made me very active. I was doing things at home getting out of bed which I wasn't doing when I was on Lexapro.”

Hopeless · Taken for 6 months to 1 year December 19, 2018

“I’ve been on antidepressants for most of my life. I started Trintellix when my current medication stopped working. In the first months I improved but after a year the depression came back worse and I reached a dark new low.”

Goodpal · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 3, 2018

“I am not happy with this drug. I stay awake all night and sleep most of the day. It has not made much of a difference in my depression.”

T November 29, 2018

“Not affective for me would be such an understatement. First my son was started on it. His Dr tried to sell it so hard I guess she also convinced me that it was magical for her kickback! My 8 year old son was on it and had awful reaction! He couldn’t stop crying! Scary ! And it was torture to see him suffer that way. Awful experience! For me at first didn’t notice change right away and anxiety same. I was moved up to 20 mgs / still no change but then the dark clouds moved in.. I’m not sure what they have put in this but help us all! I had to finally just stop ”

DC · Taken for less than 1 month November 17, 2018

“Day one. Although the comments are mixed, the positive comments give me hope. Hope that I can be happier and more pleasant to be around. I know it's a roll of the dice, but I've got to try something. Starting with 5mg for 7 days and then bump up to 10mg. Hoping some benefit before Christmas. We're not alone......hang in there y'all.”

TC · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 14, 2018

“This medication changed my whole life. It's expensive, but I've tried a grand total of 6 other antidepressants before this one came along, so I think it's worth every penny. The manufacturer offers additional coverage as well, which knocks down my price $100. I will say that the first 3 weeks of this medication was absolute the worst. I stuck through it, although I was tempted to stop it, and I'm glad I did. I recommend when you first start Trintellix to take it literally right before you go to sleep so you can sleep through most of the side effects. I initially took it in the mornings, and I would spend the next 2-3 hours vomiting on and off. It wasn't fun! But now I'm feeling very rewarded. It is so strange to not be sad all the time! I feel like I'm living for the first time in my life.”

Steven R · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 11, 2018

“I am a 51 year old male and have tried everything too. I started trintellix a month ago with 5mgs. I did experience some stomach issues for one day. After a week, I went up to 10mgs. After another week, with my doctor’s ok, I went up to 15mgs. No side effects. I am now on 20mgs and am feeling better than I have felt in a long time. Sleeping well and zero depression. All medication is different for different people but I am truly happy on Trintellix and keep working with your doctor to find a way out of depression. There is something that will work for you.”

Sunnymichelle · Taken for 1 to 2 years November 9, 2018

“I have been on Trintellex for a little over a year. I took moclobemide prior for about a year with great success but moclobemide interacted with way too many medications and could not even take cough syrup! So I decided to give Trintellex a try. I will never look back. I've never felt better in my life! I do not feel numb to feelings. No brain fog at all. I can think quickly again and communicate better (I felt muted on other antidepressants, except moclobemide) just like before my depression started. My memory has greatly improved. I enjoy life again! I do sometimes have nausea. I do get a burst of energy half way through the day. No effects on sex drive at all!”

Dan · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 1, 2018

“Seems to be working great 3 months in on 15 mg. No side effects give it a chance to work.”

Gail · Taken for less than 1 month October 30, 2018

“I’d been on Cymbalta for 3 years after taking every antidepressants up til now. I thought my Depression was situational (marriage and financial issues) but as those things resolved my depression was still intense. My psychiatrist told me how great Trintellex is but to avoid side effects he had me titrate starting with 5 mg Trintellex and decreasing Cymbalta 10 mg every week. Last week I finished my Cymbalta and now taking 10mg of Trintellex. I haven’t had any stomach/nauseous side effects but I do have difficulty falling asleep and have the most intense dreams ever and although I sweat a lot with Cymbalta, I sweat all the time now. I’m not sure if Trintellix working although it’s only been a week. But I cry at the drop-of-a-hat; I mean sobbing. Anyone feel or felt like that early on?”

Pixiedusttm · Taken for less than 1 month October 25, 2018

“Worst experience on a antidepressant that I have ever had! First day, I took the med, and 1 1/2 hours later I was shaking violently, vomiting, and had diarrhea all at once. My anxiety went through the roof and I had 4 panic attacks the first day! It took a week and my symptoms just escalated each day! I have been on everything and I’ve experienced the the worst side effects on trintellix then on Wellbutrin, Zoloft, Prozac, Effexor, celexa, lexapro, prestiqe, and more.”

Janie · Taken for less than 1 month October 25, 2018

“After 2 weeks on this medicine I felt like I was losing my mind. I was so agitated and mean. It was awful for me.”

Busterdog · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 21, 2018

“I love this medicine. Starting my fourth week of 5 mgs. and have had few side effects. I know it is early but I have been on about every antidepressant and have had terrible terrible side effects on all but Trintellix. Came off of Citalopram and the side effects were terrible even after one year. I hope to have continual results on Trintellix. It is very expensive but there are coupons out there to help.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month October 8, 2018

“I came off Lexapro to trintellix, Lexapro was causing my head to be very foggy and was having memory problems, I'm on the 4th week of the trintellex 10mg, I'm waiting to get so see a dr to talk about the side effects. It' s making me very very moody and angry I can't even tell if my head is clearer because of all the emotions. The nausea is only bad if I drink alcohol with it. I only had sleep problems for the first week.”

tayshalee · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 2, 2018

“This medication was prescribed to me for major depression, and is the worst. I started 10mg and the nausea is horrible and make me feel like a pregnant women. I was then lowered to a 5 mg and the nausea is still really bad. I can't deal with is so I have stopped taking it . Really expensive medication without manufactured coupon .!”

Margie · Taken for 6 months to 1 year September 28, 2018

“Best anti depressant I’ve taken in years. Feeling normal again, regaining my creativity and ‘normal’ daily life. Like the feeling of having more energy. Have some itching and vertigo like reactions but not enough to quit this medicine.”

Atena · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 24, 2018

“I’ve been on almost every single antidepressant medication that has been to the market. I started with amytriptline about 25 years ago. I have access to sample medications so I’ve tried most of the new antidepressant since then. I was trying each of them for at least 3months and none of them helped at all. It was hard for me to believe when people were saying that medication help with their depression. Out of desperation I decided to try trintellix, and it was like magic, only after a couple days I noticed the difference, I could enjoy my life and have more energy, so less coffee intake. BUT the nausea is killing me, I take if on full stomach with zofran and famotidine. Still sometimes I have to stop it and when I feel really down, I restart it again”

Amanda · Taken for less than 1 month September 19, 2018

“I was on 5mg of this for anxiety, after I found cipralex to be really sedating. I was only about to last a week on it due to being extremely nauseous, throwing up once, and feeling really strange on it.. almost a floating kind of feeling. That being said, I did find my head felt more clear then on some other medications I’ve tried, and I didn’t feel as foggy and sleepy. My doctor mentioned sometimes it takes 2ish weeks to see if the side effects will go away, but I couldn’t handle feeling so nauseous after a week. If you’re still trying to find the medication that works best for you, please don’t settle or give up - there is one out there for you (and me, I’m still searching, this is my third one I’ve tried) it’s just an extremely frustrating and scary process. All of our bodies chemistries are so different, so also don’t let these reviews scare you off too badly from trying something that could be great for you - unfortunately it just wasn’t great for me!”

Cleobaby · Taken for less than 1 month September 18, 2018

“I’ve been on this for a week and a half. So far, I feel an increase in energy. Pros: I’m much more productive and outgoing than normal. I now feel like I have things to look forward to in life. Cons: a bit of nausea, gas (eek) that is definitely the worst side effect.”

Jamie · Taken for less than 1 month September 13, 2018

“I have had mild depression and anxiety for quite some time and have always been highly opposed to medication. I was in serious need of something to manage my thoughts and my irritation and reactions. I have been on this 3 weeks now and can 100% say that I am so thankful for it. I am taking 5mg a day and the only side effects I had were a stomach ache the 1st 4 days with some sweatiness, but that went away day 5. I also wake up in the middle of the night and have a harder time going back to sleep. Otherwise, I am sweeter, my reactions are less emotional, all of my relationships have improved and everyday I am happier. I highly recommend.”

Ej · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 7, 2018

“Been on Trintellix for 6 months. I had awful GAD and I now feel “normal”. Definitely have nausea and I’m a bit more tired than normal (need my daily nap) but now more chill. Tried Zoloft, Paxil and Cymbalta and had an awful experience with all of them - very happy with Trintellix.”

Rick · Taken for less than 1 month September 4, 2018

“Med seems to be improving my overall outlook and feelings only been on for 3 weeks but seems to be working for the better. Will update in upcoming weeks.”

Nicki · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 2, 2018

“This medication is a true life-saver for me. It took two weeks of 5 mgs and two weeks of 10 mgs to achieve the full effect, but it helped me immensely. I recommended it to my friend who has tried numerous meds for depression with minimal effects, and she is feeling so much better too. I also experienced no side effects. Highly recommend it.”

Aly · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 29, 2018

“I've noticed that emotionally I seemed to be feeling much better not long after starting it. But at about a month and a half out I'm not sure if the side effects are worth it. I really intense nausea that comes on quickly after taking it is making me miserable. Today I made the big mistake of taking it on a full stomach after lunch. Ended up vomiting my guts out within about 20 minutes, and my stomach is still a little shaky now, 6 hours later.”

Bunnyhun76 · Taken for 6 months to 1 year August 21, 2018

“This medication has helped me tremendously. I am a college student, and experienced a bout of bad depression and anxiety that peaked between semesters. Trintellix has allowed me to be more focused and motivated academically and socially, and has improved my ability to study and retain knowledge. The medication made me nauseous the first couple of weeks, but it eventually subsided. I haven’t had bad side effects besides slight difficulty reaching orgasm, but all of the benefits outweigh the negative effects.”