User Reviews for Trintellix to treat Depression (Page 5)

Trintellix Rating Summary

6.0/10 Average Rating

Compare all 188 medications used in the treatment of Depression.

Reviews for Trintellix

Lynn · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 18, 2019

“I have been on Trintellix (5 mg) for about 4 months and many days I feel better but some days I feel suicidal. Not sure if it is the drugs making me suicidal or if it is my depression. So I am debating, do I take increase to 10 mg to see if the suicidal thought go away or is it going to make the suicidal thought increase. The nausea is still pretty bad. Tums help and I take the drug with food. Plus I have IBS so I am worried about getting pancreatitis. Drugs are so scary and depression is so depressing, lol. What to do???”

Arti · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 16, 2019

“Trintellix did bring me out of depression during Christmas time. 10 mg. I am also on Bupropion XL. I take it after lunch because if I don't take it with food, my stomach hurts. I have gained nine lbs in the last three months which I'm not totally sure is related. I use a manufacturer coupon to get the med.”

Scottyboy · Taken for less than 1 month April 10, 2019

“Trintellix is great stuff, and glad I've finally found the drug that suits me. Been on Trintellix for nearly 2 weeks and my mood is so much better. Head is clear and I can get on with my day with no problems. I did have nausea for about 3 days but it's not that bad. No effect on sex drive or performance. It's worked for me. I hope it works for you”

Bern April 6, 2019

“I am not one to tattle on drugs or make blanket statements but I had a horrible experience on Trintellix. Sobbing uncontrollably and wanted to kill myself. Went into the darkest of places on this drug. Immediate relief when I came off if it. I am sure it works for some people. Unfortunately, I had a terrifying experience with it.”

Averagemom April 4, 2019

“positives: Trintellix helped me manage my anxiety and depression for a time. I had a few good days where I felt almost normal. I was able to continue working full time and focus enough to “appear” normal. negatives: After 5 weeks on 10 mg I increased to 20 mg for a week and that was too much. I ended up in the ER and they recommended to stop the medication (after 6 weeks total). I’ve been off this med for 4 weeks and waiting for appointment in a few days to discuss another med. I’m sleeping a lot better now than before starting Trintellix, but I still have issues with depression and anxiety that affect my daily life. I used Zoloft 50 mg in the past for PPA but it wasn’t effective the 2nd time I tried it. Going to try another med, not ever going to give up. If you have read this far and are looking for encouragement, know that there is a med that will work for you and you will get better. There is hope, even if it doesn’t “feel” like it today.”

June · Taken for less than 1 month March 24, 2019

“Was on Wellbutrin for about 8 weeks. First couple of days no fogginess, extra energy. But that was short-lived. Felt terrible, angry, and more anxiety. My doctor prescribed Trintellix 10 mg. I have been on it for almost three weeks. I'm not sure how I feel about it yet. I don't have the nausea like most people have had, however I feel bloated and have gained weight. Some headaches, not too intolerable. The worst is in the evening. My skin feels dry, itchy, and blotchy. Feelings of insecurity and need to take more of my anxiety medication. I don't know if I am going to continue taking. Wondering how long it should be taken before deciding it is not right for me.”

Alena · Taken for less than 1 month March 21, 2019

“I took 10mg Trintellex every day and every time even while eating (and I was taking gravol to hopefully help) I would get horrible nausea and vomited a few times every day. It doesn't agree with me and couldn't get through the sickness even though I felt like I was feeling better after a few days as well as taking wellbutrin. Not sure what else could help?”

hootie March 12, 2019

“Trintellix gives terrible stomach pain - would not recommend”

cypherdude · Taken for 6 months to 1 year March 6, 2019

“I have been on effexor and just about everything else (hated getting off effexor - they don't warn you about the addiction before hand), but for the first time ever I can say I am back to a solid, stable 'normal'. Haven't been this happy and upbeat in well over a decade. All the others seemed to help, but I always had small dips and still struggle a lot with fatigue. I took about 2 months for total affect to be realized, but I am very happy. As always - your mileage may very.”

FigsMama · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 1, 2019

“Updating my review as I have now been taking Trintellix 10mg for 5 weeks. Feeling great, no nausea unless I drink a glass of wine. I was taking in the morning but it was making me very sleepy early in the evenings. Now I take at about 2:30 pm and that is working great for me. It has regulated my sleep so that in itself has changed my life! It has really helped me with my severe social anxiety and my low feeling is beginning to lift. I have no feeling of being medicated at all. My insurance is covering it thanks to my Dr. and his prior approval letter showing other meds did not work for me. My copay is $60 and there is a savings card with Trintellix on their website that brought my cost down to $10.”

darkeye999h · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 18, 2019

“I have Dysthymia, Social Phobia and I moved from Zoloft to Trintellix and got worse. I started using it to have more energy and initiative. However, I began to oscillate between being aggressive and sad. If it wasn't for Vyvanse (I have a severe ADHD), I couldn't get out of bed. I've already used 15mg and I'm now on 10mg with almost 6 months of use. I intend to stop and switch back to Wellbutrin XR - and maybe Zoloft - which is way more effective. Trintellix is ​​a lie: it has an abusive price and does not cause any significant change. This medication is garbage and a waste of money.”

Paul is better · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 11, 2019

“Reading so many other people having bad issues with this drug has me somewhat concerned. But at least for me so far, I am thrilled with Trintellix! It is not cheap but my insurance pays a good deal. And I have a good job. So I am completely willing to pay. I was taking Vibryd. But it stopped being effective. I have had no nausea or stomach issues. I have only been on it about a month. It was working much better than Vibryd within a week. I am much less irritable. No sexual side effects. I take this for both depression and OCD. It is not labeled for OCD. But antidepressants typically also work for OCD. And it does for me.”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 29, 2019

“I'd have to say its just ok, I have to take this drug at night due to getting so sick from it. When first starting on the 5mg I had more energy was sleeping better. Now on 10mg I'm exhausted most of the day and little to no motivation.”

MammaMia · Taken for less than 1 month January 25, 2019

“I give this a 10, however the cost makes it a 1! I am dealing with post partum depression. I was given a 30 day sample. I took it right before bed, slept amazing. Had some loose stools the first week but nothing bad. When I went to pick up a prescription it was $375! Even with a savings card it came to $275! Now I’m trying something different and terrified. The first meds I tried made me a zombie, which I can't be when living and looking after 3 kids.”

FigsMama January 25, 2019

“I have suffered for about 10 years with depression and anxiety. Never suicidal, but I have just always felt like the world was passing me by. So my Dr prescribed Wellbutrin XL 300 mg about 2 years ago and the first 6 months worked just ok. I think it really disrupted my sleep patterns and stopped working completely on taking the edge off the depressed feeling a few months ago. I gained 30 lbs in one year on Wellbutrin, which made me more depressed. A week ago Dr prescribed Trintellix 10mg. The first day I felt a little nauseous, but it quickly subsided after an hour or so. I didn’t realize what a funk I had been in until the Trintellix. I do not feel medicated at all. The fog is lifting, I feel so clear and normal. From the 2nd day I have felt like I am sleeping like a normal person and am able to get up early and get going with my day, clearly. I am hoping my insurance will cover this, my Dr. has assured me he will get me approved and will keep me in samples until then.”

Bergie · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 19, 2019

“In the beginning this medication was helpful for my depression. However the side effects were horrible. I experienced nausea, vomiting and diarrhea continually. I had to stop taking this medication due to the side effects. They were unmanageable for me.”

RubyRed · Taken for less than 1 month January 16, 2019

“I tried Trintellix 5mg for a week but had the worst nausea. No change with food or when taking it before bed. Every time, about 30 minutes after taking it, the nausea kicked in: I would feel the acid rising, stomach irritation, and my gag reflex get really sensitive. I had to sit still and fight off the strong urge to vomit for about 2 hours until it eventually subsided. I read that some people had less nausea over time, but I just couldn't stick it out and work/live my life. It's a bummer because I felt so much better emotionally, I really wanted to continue it. I just don't know why it causes such intense stomach upset :( Currently I'm trying 100mg Wellbutrin again and might ask to add an SSRI to that as well.”

Botani · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 13, 2019

“I have been on the 20mg Trintellex for 6 months. This my 3rd anti depressant and it seems to be working very well. I understand that drugs are chemicals and our bodies comprised of chemicals. So laboratory chemicals may not always mesh with some of our physical/chemical makeup. I have not had any of the side effects that the drug list but have experienced a great deal of hair loss since I began taking this drug. The price tag for this drug is a bit much and it’s a shame that you have to choose between being mentally healthy or a great head of hair!!!!!”

Thunder · Taken for less than 1 month January 11, 2019

“Have just started using this drug, and am amazed at how fast it works! I already feel better after only 3 days!! Changed medication after 30 years' use of Cipralex, which did nothing for my depression, but did a great job keeping my panic anxiety under control. I just hope the stream of light that I now suddenly feel I can see, is not only my mind playing a trick on me, but a real effect of the new medication.”

Lulabelle January 7, 2019

“Zoloft at a high dosage had always been effective for me to pull out of a major depressive episode. I recently started Zoloft again after a year of upheaval that led to anxiety and major depression. This time I felt like a zombie. Dr. started Trintellix. Initially I was very nauseated and it caused diarrhea. This was at 5 mg. This got better and Dr. bumped me up to 20 mg. I have noticed I have more energy, but 20 mg makes me feel angered easily. So I tried 10 mg. Not sure how this did. Anyway, at any dose - I have increased hunger. I gained 5 pounds in the 1st 3 weeks alone; now gained 10 pounds. I just don't like the medicine. I don't like any antidepressants due to side effects. The side effects outweigh the benefits for me. I think I will try without them. I think anxiety is more of an issue for me than depression. I have Klonopin for that as needed, which is not often. I take Trazodone for sleep and it is effective.”

Corgi · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 6, 2019

“They put my 11 yr old daughter on this stuff. It's been a nightmare. Her moods are all over the place. She had a gene test done and we found out certain medicine, she can't metabolize. She has been on a lot of different medicine and so far only thing that worked was rispidone. But she gained a lot of weight with it so that won't work either.”

jay December 31, 2018

“I began Trintillex in early in November, 2018. I started at 5mg, went to 10mg, with only minor issues with constipation. I went to 20 mg and now need to take MiraLax each day (and I'm still not "normal"). The drug works very well for me--very well. It kicked the deep, dark cloud far enough away to give me a chance to regain clarity. Now, after 10 weeks, the cloud has dissipated. It has helped mildly with anxiety (including social anxiety). It definitely works for me as an anti-depressant. BUT, the constipation is an issue. I'm considering going back down to 10mg to see if it's dosage related. Will discuss with my doctor. By the way, I take it at night--have no nausea and helps me sleep. And I'm experiencing improvement in brain clarity (no fog). I really, really, really don't want to stop taking this. Aside from the constipation, no side effects.”

Linda December 29, 2018

“I’ve been on trintellix for 6 months and it has been a very positive experience. It’s effective for anxiety & depression with little to no sexual side effects. I encourage people to stick with it for a few months before making any judgements. After reaching my titration level things have been great. Make sure to take it with food. I learned that one the hard way...”

jflo · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 27, 2018

“I have tried many antidepressants and I have to say so far I am very happy with this one. You don't gain weight, you have energy, and you don't feel doom and gloom. It also does not give you anxiety. No sexual side effects. I have been on it for about two months and so far no issues. I am currently happy on this medication and hope that more improvements will come with longer usage.”

Elizabeth · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 27, 2018

“This medication has been a game-changer for me, even just being on the lowest dosage. With this being my first antidepressant, I didn’t know what to expect, but after a few weeks the change was undeniable. Even after a day or two my concentration improved. I do get a bit nauseous for about an hour after I take it with a meal, but it’s not bad enough to outweigh the benefits.”