User Reviews for Trintellix to treat Depression (Page 3)

Trintellix Rating Summary

6.0/10 Average Rating

Compare all 188 medications used in the treatment of Depression.

Reviews for Trintellix

Bota · Taken for 2 to 5 years October 5, 2019

“Anxiety, sleep apnea, insomnia, work related stress, probably depression. Tried lexapro, sex satisfaction gone... Celexa same thing. Started on trintellix 20mg. No side effects at all, sex satisfaction came back, anxiety gone. Occasionally need .5 Xanax to wind down (I travel a lot) by occasionally I mean 1 or 2 times a week. Sometimes none for a month. Got on it and will probably stay on it. Can’t argue with success.”

Gail · Taken for 2 to 5 years October 5, 2019

“This medication feels like poison. So do not use it. I took it for 2 years. Finally off of it. Life is better. The sun is brighter, music sounds different. It stole two years of my life. Avoid at all cost.”

Sweetie · Taken for less than 1 month October 4, 2019

“Have been on citalopram for the past 10 years!! Dr. suggested I give Trintellix a try!! Been on it for 1 week, day 1-3, dizzy and nauseous, day 4-7, started with small amount of itchy skin!! Has increased to the point where I feel like my body is crawling with bugs, took antihistamine on Dr's approval!! Soooo irritable that the rest of my family would love me to move elsewhere!! Been on the verge of tears constantly!! Sweating all the time and last night so worried about these meds that I didn't sleep at all!! Actually could not figure out when I was sleeping and when I wasn't!! Called doc and going back to cipralex!!!!!”

Tom · Taken for less than 1 month October 3, 2019

“Bad side effects. Tried 4 days. Bad nausea and head feelings, gut pain. Just feel horrible. Not taking it.”

Doc Savage · Taken for less than 1 month September 20, 2019

“I can't understand the negative reviews. Have been on Celexa for 15 years and after taking Trintellix for a week... no comparison. Gentle, totally effective, no side effects, no fatigue nor cognitive impairment, great feeling of comfort and lack of anxiety. Fingers crossed but it sure works for me.”

PA · Taken for less than 1 month September 13, 2019

“I was excited about this product after watching the commercial and seeing ads everywhere. My excitement was short-lived. When I was prescribed Trintellix and actually started taking the medication it was largely disappointing. I feel sick. I think my depression has been somewhat reduced but the side effects are unbearable. I feel very nauseous and lethargic. Hardly the savior I was hoping for.”

Conster · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 13, 2019

“My Dr began me on 10 mg of Trintellix on Aug 6. As of Aug 7, I vomited violently every morning & had diarrhea as well. Sometimes both at the same time. Nasty. Nausea persisted through the day making eating virtually impossible til dinner time. By Aug 21, I was so irritable I became mean. I couldn't stop verbally berating my husband. It was awful. I began taking the pill at night to escape the GI side effects. I escaped the vomiting but still had gas, bloating & loose stool. As of today, I still have nausea & loose stool. My Dr increased my dose to 20 mg on Aug 29. I think it finally started working on Sept 12. I feel like 'me' again. Fingers crossed! As I live in Canada & have drug coverage through work, I am fortunate to not have to pay out of pocket for this med.”

PiPi · Taken for 1 to 2 years September 11, 2019

“Oh my God do not take this medication!!!! I am trying to ween myself off of this horrible drug. I do not feel good at all. The side effects are horrible, can't sleep, physical aspects are awful !!!!”

nostalgicfeelings · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 8, 2019

“I started taking the Trintellix medication somewhat recently, and while I'm not sure if it's helping my depression yet, I will say that it has been causing me really awful nausea. The nausea has been so bad that I'm almost afraid to take the medication each night. Eating before taking it sometimes helps, but not always. Please keep in mind that this is a possible side effect before taking Trintellix.”

B · Taken for less than 1 month September 6, 2019

“Have had ongoing anxiety for nearly 5 years now, and due to that I have also become depressed. Symptoms range from vision problems to feeling hopeless/lost, to nervousness. My doctor put me on Cymbalta for 2 years, which helped but caused my cholesterol to raise to a concerning level and constant headaches. We then tried Effexor, which helped but not enough was on it for 8 months. Then he suggested Trintellix, my experience with it was not good, but others have said it helped them immensely. My personal experience was that my depression got severely worse. Normally I can cope just being at home alone, my other half is a truck driver, and my children are now all in school, so I normally like to build things in my garage but I haven't been out there in weeks, it's all I could do to get household chores done. And I would find myself bawling my eyes out while doing them for no reason. My other half saw this today after coming home and called the dr. He is taking me off of this medication.”

Winnie333 September 5, 2019

“I have had constant anxiety my entire life. I am 40 years old now. Zoloft helped with my agoraphobia, anxiety, panic attacks, and general feelings of daily anxiety. However, about 2 months ago I started feeling something that I'd never encountered in my life: depression. I had absolutely NO motivation to get out of bed, go to work, be around anyone, and felt horribly uncomfortable/sad daily. My doctor recommended Trintellix. I, obviously, have still been weaning off of the Zoloft. (I'm now on 50 mg of Zoloft and 10 mg of Trintellix.) Good luck to anyone out there who reads this...Know that you're definitely not alone or "crazy"! People who have never had anxiety, depression, or other mental illnesses will never understand what you're going through. What may seem extremely easy for them to do daily can be so tiresome, exhausting, and unexplainably difficult. Keep trying and don't ever give up on yourself!! Life can and will get better...Even if it means waiting over 30 years!!”

Sunny Beach · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 3, 2019

“I've been on and off various anti-depressants for about 13 years. I hate taking them, have always resisted my doctor's recommendations. I found the improvements lack luster at best and this just reinforced the idea that it was just me - I was just broken. Trintellix is the first AD where I've felt a notable difference. I still struggle with anti-social tendencies, but I've stabilized at work and I've taken up hobbies again. Downside is the vomiting. It's been about 3-4 months now and I thought I was past it, but it has started up again. I can't take it in the morning on an empty stomach and I can't take it a night if I've eaten too recently. I think it bothers me less if I have small meals, but still trying to establish a definite pattern. Want to talk to my doc about trying a half dose twice a day to see if that makes a difference. Really want this one to work.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month September 1, 2019

“I took Trintellix for 2 weeks. First week was on 5mg a day. My doctor told me to take with my meal. Cause it may make you nauseous. First week I started to get real bad stomach pain and bloated with a lot of gas. Week 2 started taking 10mg a day. Well my stomach got so bloated and the pain was unreal. I couldn’t put and pressure on stomach. It hurt so bad. After about 15 days on medication. I had to stop cause of pain. A week later after stopping. My stomach is just getting back to normal. I liked the little bust of energy I got from taking Trintellix pill plus it did help with my anxiety.”

Kitchen diva · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 27, 2019

“I had some real through depression on Lexapro that I had been taking for years. So the doctor prescribed Trintellix 10 mg as a new drug which he said is well tolerated and does not have sexual side effects. I am an eternal optimist and thought I would not experience any side effects: I have itchy skin, nausea and had diarrhea for first two weeks. I started with 5 mg and then went to 10 the second week. So have been on 10 mg for 4 weeks now. The depression seems worse now and I feel restless. A bit more anxiety too. I am going to discontinue this now as I have given it a fair shot and it did not work. Other medications have not worked either so now am going to the gym every morning and trying to eat better and hope for the best.”

JC August 23, 2019

“I have been on Trintellix 10 mgs for a week. I noticed something after an hr. My mouth got a strange taste and then vomit. I felt awful after that so I laid down for a few hours. That night I felt different. My mind was clear and I was in a mood to where I felt like speaking to other people. (A rare occasion.) After that I took it on a empty stomach. Still had the strange taste but no vomit. I have been more upbeat and haven't really wanted to take my adderall. I also have noticed that I'm not eating as much. I still get hungry but just eat a lot less. We shall see!!:)”

Sheila Marie · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 18, 2019

“Started on this medication 7 weeks ago, and initially it was not bad. I immediately felt more upbeat, more energetic and optimistic. However, after week 5 (5mg) I started to experience abdominal bloating, pain and gas, and worse, dizziness, especially when laying down--a couple of times I got up during the night and stumbled and almost fell. The dizziness was so bad, the other side effects were tolerable. I told my doctor and we are taking me off of it. I hope to find something that agrees with me.”

LCPC August 15, 2019

“As a therapist I have recommended Trintellix for my clients and have listened to doctor led seminars on this medication. As I have read some comments I was surprised how many patients expected Trintellix to help with their anxiety or docs who prescribed it maybe for that as it does not treat anxiety so it would have no direct influence for anxiety only depression.”

JLG · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 5, 2019

“-10. My experience with Trintellix was nothing short of THE WORST. Absolutely the worst drug I’ve ever been prescribed and I’ve been on antidepressants since 1993. After titrating successfully from Paxil 40 mg in January (lost the desired weight immediately), my Psychiatrist suggested Trintellix as I’m dealing with an autoimmune illness and resulting unemployment, still living at home etc. I hesitated but decided to try it since it doesn’t have any “discontinuation syndrome.” I gave it 60 days...HUGE mistake. My depression was off the charts, panic, mania, brain fog, INSOMNIA was so bad (had to take Ambien another awful drug), constipation and ZERO appetite (lost 25 lbs in 30 days). I quit the 10 mg (could not tolerate 20mg) cold turkey. I was able to eat/sleep almost immediately, however, the anxiety and brain fog hasn’t lifted after 6 weeks. I pray that my brain recovers from what feels like a chemical frontal lobotomy.”

Knjfree10 · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 3, 2019

“I had messaged on here day 3 of my starting trintellix. It's been 1 month today on 10mg. I used to go to bed before 7pm just to escape life, now I can't go to sleep early anymore because I'm not tired. I jump out of bed as soon as my alarm goes off which is HUGE for me. That said, the depression is still there. I want that euphoric feeling I used to get on any other antidepressant at least until they crash & burn. I'm now wondering if 10mg is just not enough? I see my dr next week & am gonna ask about upping it to 20mg. Didn't mean to rattle on but I'd also like hearing where we are after the side effects cease.”

whimwham2 · Taken for less than 1 month August 2, 2019

“Mid-fifties female recently menopause. Suffer depression and anxiety since teens. Generic Effexor XR for 6 months stop working for depression and hot flashes. Day one took 5mg nothing noticed but bit sleepy two hours after. Second day took mid-morning after breakfast. in one hour was nauseous then vomited. Nausea lasted several hours. Third day took 5mg same but didn't vomit. Like being sea-sick. Third day decided to take higher dose-two 5mg doses morning and evening. Had slight nausea. Fourth day took 10mg at bedtime and woke up with nausea. No vomiting. Fifth day had cup of coffee, took 10mg then ate breakfast. an hour later-no nausea. Stayed with this schedule and didn't have anymore nausea. Going into second and third week I didn't have depression but didn't care about anything, no interest in doing anything. Given samples and was concerned about drug price, though I do understand they offer a coupon. I did have semi-soft stool while taking this medicine. On gen. Cymbalta now.”

Itlprcs · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 2, 2019

“I've tried Zoloft, and Paxil off and on for years, related to anxiety which is related depression. My new job and a big move out of state originally was fine, but now I've noticed a huge increase in anxiety. Saw a psychiatrist for the first time, took trintellix 5mg one month. No change so she increased to 10mg. Taken it for 3 weeks and have noticed an HUGE change with no interest in anything, nausea like crazy until I took it at bedtime, increased anger bursts and anxiety that has increased even more. I'm going back to zoloft! I noticed I lost weight as well.”

Cat · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 30, 2019

“First and foremost- one thing I have learned more than anything is that a medication is not a “cure all”. We need to do the work too with hobbies, therapy, self care, etc. But without this medication I may have not been able to do that. I had frighteningly severe social anxiety and couldn’t leave my house which led to depression and fed that cycle. I was honestly suicidal. Being fed up with living in misery and having tried literally all anti-depressants and anti-anxiety medications on the market before being 30 years old, this one finally let me breathe. I haven’t gained weight (what most people fear) I’ve actually LOST weight because I’m motivated to work out and eat well. I had a little constipation at first but drinking enough water helped that. My life is... a complete 180 of where I was two months ago. The only downside is that insurance is so awful to deal with in order to get on this!”

Sherry · Taken for less than 1 month July 29, 2019

“Sleeping well - anxiety is under control however having heart palpitations”

Pvt · Taken for less than 1 month July 26, 2019

“Within a few nights I had the most HORRIFIC NIGHTMARE that even Satan himself wouldn't dream of! This truly does seem like a form of torture”

jinga · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 24, 2019

“I have been dealing with major anxiety for almost a year. My Dr put me on Prozac, Wellbutrin and I was already taking Lamotrigine. I started having bad side effects. Tired all the time - all I wanted to do was lay on the couch. Dry Mouth and losing an excessive amount of hair. She switched me from Prozac to Trintellix. I was initially afraid to take it due to all the research I found about nausea. I can attest that I feel great now. No Nausea. I'm not tired anymore which was a huge deal. I still have dry mouth, just not quite as bad. I'm hopeful Prozac was the cause of the hair loss and it will stop soon (been 2+ months). It feels great to feel great. ”