User Reviews for Trintellix to treat Depression (Page 2)

Trintellix Rating Summary

6.0/10 Average Rating

Compare all 188 medications used in the treatment of Depression.

Reviews for Trintellix

Weary December 13, 2019

“Trying a med change after being on Effexor + Lamotrigine for 10 years. I did the very slow weaning off of Effexor and the 2 weeks on 5mg Trintellix to 10mg. The nausea was bad and consistent, though my body is tolerant of just about everything. I experienced some burping also, which is very unusual for me. One day I took 10mg Trintellix with Lamotrigine and only coffee. I have never vomited so violently and for so long. I experienced nausea for about a half hour almost every time I took the med with food. Frequently what followed was a gnawing in my stomach that seemed to cause a strong urge to eat protein foods. I noticed an increase in blunt/abrasive behavior with family and co-workers. My doc urged me to back down to 5mg and push through the negative symptoms. The issues persisted over the next two months and my wife repeatedly asked me to change meds.”

Elle · Taken for 1 to 2 years December 8, 2019

“This medication saved my life. I have tried several other drugs which did not help. Wellbutrin was the worst for me, giving me racing and really dark thoughts. Before taking any meds, I had an insane appetite and would wake up starving no matter how much I ate. (In addition to excessive crying, feeling hopeless, not being able to do simple chores like shower). I went a few years suffering like this because I was in denial that I was depressed. Well fast forward a few years later after trying 3 different drugs at different strengths, and Trintellix is the one for me. I never thought I would sleep through the night again. I sleep so soundly now. My appetite is back to normal. My depressive thoughts have been tamed. I am so grateful for this drug and all it has done to improve my quality of life.”

LaurenZzzzz December 8, 2019

“Short and sweet— miracle drug for me. I have MDD and anxiety with panic attacks. This medication made me feel like myself again and did not cause any significant side effects. I’m pretty drug naive and I’d never been on a psychiatric drug until now. My life has significantly changed for the best. Please try this drug if you struggle with crippling anxiety that feeds your depression. I started off on a really tiny low dose since I’m super sensitive to medication, and any side effects were tolerable and went away within a week. Give this 2 months to work.”

Arizona2019 · Taken for less than 1 month December 6, 2019

“I was RX’d this medication Trintellix for depression. I only took it for four days and it was awful, my side effects were I was angry, agitated and my depression worsened. I cried and sobbed uncontrollably. Discontinued.”

J · Taken for 1 to 2 years December 5, 2019

“I started on Trintellix 10 mg which was eventually increased to 20 mg. My experience was nothing but positive. It treated my depression with minimal side effects. The only side effect which I experience is jaw clenching which I am able to control with increased mindfulness.”

ArizonaGirl · Taken for less than 1 month November 26, 2019

“Throughout the years, I have tried Effexor XR, Celexa, Lexapro and Cymbalta for my depression. They work for a few years then don't. My doctor just RX'd Trintellix. I had a 14 day supply of the 5mg and and 14 day supply of the 10 mg. I have only been on the 5 mg for four days and it is awful! I'm tired, anxious and have vivid dreams, which I could deal with but the depression (crying all day and real dark thoughts) has increased and I am extremely angry and agitated. I will be discontinuing immediately.”

kuno · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 25, 2019

“may have caused akathisia and caused hives on legs and arms”

venommist · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 20, 2019

“On 10 mg I experience noticeable effect after 5 weeks. At the beginning I didn't have worse anxiety, just nausea, headache, vivid dreams. Was activating for the first 3 weeks and my cognitives improved so fast. Effects on anxiety started at week 4.”

Insomniac Too · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 17, 2019

“I have bipolar disorder and I started having suicidal/homicidal thoughts and urges. When I noticed they weren't going away, I decided to tell my doctor. She started me out on 5mg Trubtellix a day for one week, then upped it to 10mg. I started having headaches at the 10mg, but I refused to give up. About three weeks later, I really noticed it working and the headaches had gone away. I'm glad I stuck with it! I was a little unsure about the fact that I only needed 10mg of it, but it works. No more "bad thoughts"”

Jerseygirl · Taken for less than 1 month November 12, 2019

“I was put on 5mg Trintellix to start for my depression and it made me feel 10X’s worse. I was suffering with severe migraines that last all day and night basically. I told my husband it felt like I was having a brain aneurysm, on top of that I felt like a zombie. For someone who gets up everyday at 5am it was hard for that to happen definitely a struggle. I haven’t slept in till NOON since I was a teenager and it’s very unusual for that to happen. I would sleep the days away or struggle to function because on the migraines that hurt the whole top of my head and down the right side making everything hurt. I felt more emotional and would cry more basically felt like a feeling of doom. Definitely made my depression worse. So now I’m switching back to Celexa but upping the dose from 10mg-20mg as this seemed to be helping more with less side affects. I wish anyone who tries this the best of luck as I know everyone reacts differently to different meds, but this is definitely not for me.”

Dani · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 11, 2019

“After switching doctors, I also decided to change meds to something that doesn’t make me agitated. My doctor suggested Trintellix due to the lack of negative side effects. To my surprise he was right, not only do I not have side effects I can see a noticeable difference in my depression. I no longer suffer from crippling anxiety and depression which prohibited me from accomplishing so much in my life, now I finally have a sense of direction and well I’m content. I think I’ve finally found something I can take long term!”

. · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 8, 2019

“Works great!”

SoCal · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 7, 2019

“Hi! I first really liked this medication Trintellix and was happy to be on it but the weight gain came really quickly. I eat healthy and aggressively workout (ie SoulCycle classes) and gained two sizes in less than two months. My friends and family noticed. I haven’t been this heavy in 10 years and the only changing factor is this medication. Stay away from it if weight is a trigger of depression.”

tmd2004 · Taken for 2 to 5 years November 3, 2019

“When I started Trintellix I was at my most depressed and suffering from anxiety. I took the drug for 2 years & it probably saved my life. Made a huge difference with mild side effects while on it - until the point I decided to stop the meds. It was affecting my eyes, my blood sugar levels (type 2 diabetic), intense hunger pains, and in general made my body feel "unwell". I tapered down for a couple months and then stopped. But everything has a price. Currently I'm suffering from severe discontinuation symptoms. Body shocks, numbness, weakness, twitches, skin sensitivity, etc. It's going on 6 weeks since symptoms appeared but they are lessening. It's been tough. I haven't been able to work, play much with my son, or spend much time with my wife. Overall I'm glad I took Trintellix. It pulled me out of a bad spiral and helped me change the way I think about things. Although coming off might be tough and painful - it stopped me from hurting myself and gave me a better future to look forward to.”

Eagle October 24, 2019

“I have had anxiety since I've been 9 years old, I was on Flouvoxamine until the age of 16 and weaned myself off. A month ago I started getting insane anxiety that would send me into emotional breakdowns. I went to see my doctor and spoke with her about medications and that I was very hesitant as I prefer a natural approach. I was also very concerned about weight gain and loss of libido. She recommended that I try a "new drug" called Trintellix and that those side effects were not an issue with it. I have been on this medication for a week and I've been crying nearly every night and cannot catch my breath and relax. Although my mental chatter has lessened I'd rather be off the his medication than deal with this awful feeling. I have since today experienced a very persistent headache that is unbearable. No nausea or stomach upset but I sort of don't want to know what could happen if I were jump to the 10mg from 5mg. Not worth it.”

Blondegeisha · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 22, 2019

“I have been treated for depression on and off throughout my life, I am currently in my middle sixties. There is a history of depression and bi polar disease in my family. At the beginning of the summer I felt like I needed some help, I don’t like taking meds but I just wasn’t feeling right. My therapist recommended a nurse therapist to possibly prescribe something to help my mood. I met with her and was prescribed Trintellix. She gave me samples starting with 5 mg a day for one week, increasing the dose to 10 mg there after. The nausea was horrible, it didn’t make a difference whether I took it with food or not. My libido sunk to a new low, I had so many GI symptoms including bloating, gas and diarrhea. I took the med for 6 weeks, The nausea never subsided. I don’t know whether my depression was any better because I felt so sick. All I can say is this drug did not work for me, I have never had so many side effects from a medication.”

Rugg · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 21, 2019

“I was prescribed Trintellix for anxiety disorder and depression. First two weeks I was on 5mg/day and to be honest I started to feel a lot worse, constant worry, could not sleep, awful nausea in the mornings. I was considering to stop taking it and I was so negative about the whole thing. I got back to my doctor who told me “You will continue to take it, I want you to be patient”. Doctor prescribed me 10mg/day and after another week I saw the first signs of improvement. It took me almost a month to see the first signs of improvement. First thing which this medicine solved was depression, it has just gone away. I’m currently working on my anxiety symptoms. I’ve been taking it for about 7 weeks now. The most important thing to remember here is: be strong, take the pill and be patient.. it works and it needs time.. Doctor told me she had patients who showed first signs of improvement after 2 months..”

New Mom · Taken for 6 months to 1 year October 21, 2019

“I was diagnosed with postpartum anxiety. I had extreme fatigue, irritability and paranoia. I went on the lowest dose of Trintellix (5 mg). For the first 2-3 weeks I was very nauseous, and it will still come back if miss a dose. Things to note: Work amazing on my fatigue and irritability Added benefit of reducing my premenstrual dysphoric disorder symptoms. My husband thanks you! I have been on it for just over 6 months and some of the positive effects are wearing off. I tried increasing the dose to 10 mg but I am very sensitive to drugs and the added "kick" meant I could not sleep at night. Was like drinking a coffee! Seem to be easier to take in the morning for me - less nausea. I will say, I do think it makes my car sickness worse. Travelling to the cottage is a lot less enjoyable.”

Kat · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 19, 2019

“I have never felt better than I have since I started Trintellix (on it for depression). Took it for a couple weeks before side effects went away. My family and friends have noticed how happy I seem and I will stay on this drug forever. I am 75 years old and have tried many anti-depressants and non have worked as well as this one. No bothersome side effects for me. Hope others have similar luck.”

Loggy · Taken for less than 1 month October 13, 2019

“I use Trintellix for 10 days now. I was using pristiq. I took both for 9 days. Then stopped pristiq. I started trintellix for 5mg , increased to 10mg. After 4 days i will increase it to 20mg. Thats what my doctor told me. My head is so weird. I think it is because I stopped Pristiq. The only side effect of Trintellix is that I feel dizzy. When I stand up my head I get dizzy. No nausea or vomiting fingers crossed. I hope its gonna work for me . ”

Sdr · Taken for less than 1 month October 12, 2019

“Horrible drug!....super strong. Is making me super drowsy and can't function. Stopping tonight!”

Mary · Taken for 6 months to 1 year October 8, 2019

“Took Trintellix and had some side effects (nausea etc. ) gradually go away but then had intense itching, wetting the bed, and some constipation. "Mentally" it was the best antidepressant I have taken, but could not deal with the physical side effects. Unfortunately, I had to get off of Trintellix. Having said that, it has been about a year since and doing okay without antidepressants.”

29 · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 8, 2019

“Tried Zoloft, Wellbutrin and lexapro. Trintellix has been GREAT for me. First six weeks on 10 were “ehh”, like not a big difference, but when I increased to 20mg, it was night and day. I’m happy when I am wake. I have energy. Absolutely amazing results. The nausea is HORRIBLE, but if you can get through it, the results are worth. I took zofran for the nausea, and it worked. It’s only been 3 weeks since my increase, but it’s been great! Good luck and keep trying!”

Cindy · Taken for less than 1 month October 6, 2019

“I was hoping to feel better but I only feel worse. I have been sad and I have been on 120 mg of Cymbalta a day for 5 months. Dr told me to keep taking it and started me on Trintellix. Two weeks of 5 mg and a week of 10 mg. I feel agitated, angry, anxious and still sad.”

C.L.H · Taken for less than 1 month October 6, 2019

“I've battled anxiety and depression since I was a teenager. I was 21 when I first started taking an antidepressant. I'm 34 now and have taken about 3 different antidepressants. Zoloft, paxil, and effexor xr. Effexor worked for several years but I had some side effects such as constantly feeling groggy and tired. It helped the anxiety, but not the depression. I asked about trintellix and was then prescribed it. I could tell a major difference with just 3 days of taking the medication!! So far no side affects, I sleep way less (could sleep a total of 12-15 hours), feel much more happier, more willing to do basic chores, errands, WORK, and the anxiety is suppressed. I just want to say that so far this medication has been life changing for me. Antidepressants are always based on personally trialling them..you have to basically try several to see which one works for you. I love this medicine!”