User Reviews for Viibryd

6.7

20 reviews
Summary of Viibryd reviews 6.5 568 reviews

Reviews for Viibryd

For Major Depressive Disorder "The best thing that ever happened for my anxiety and depression. I’ve tried so many SSRIs and SNRI and other drug classes and nothing worked like Viibryd. It was a life changer for sure."

Mo April 7, 2018

For Depression "This drug is terrifying. I took it for 2 days and woke up the second day with uncontrollable leg shakes - had to take Xanax immediately and was late to work because I had to wait until the Xanax kicked in. Will never use this drug again- made my anxiety through the roof and was jumping out of my skin. Be careful!"

tszul (taken for less than 1 month) March 15, 2018

For Major Depressive Disorder "My update...I have now been on Viibryd for about 5 months. Had anger/ anxiety until I added a low dose of Cymbalta. This has been a perfect combination! I’ve had NO depression/ suicidal thoughts AT ALL which is amazing for me. Have since joined a health club, work out, interested in activities, hobbies. Have even wondered if I could work once again for the first time in 8 years. I still do have a fear of going down hill once again as I have long history of severe depression/ suicides. I pray that I can remain as well as I feel now. Thanks to Viibryd."

DbLH (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 2, 2018

For Depression "It actually worked quite well for me I noticed a huge difference in my attitude and my mood a whole lot less anger but it's very expensive and they would no longer give me samples at the doctor's so unfortunately I had to get off of this medication but it was the only one that has worked and we have tried them all"

Lj mountain (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 31, 2018

For Major Depressive Disorder "Saved my life. After being on Effexor XL 300 mg per day for 7 years and it was stopped abruptly due to tachycardia and increased depression, my physician started Viibryd. The withdrawals from Effexor were horrific. It took many weeks to withdrawal (and I believe I still am having some long term side effects even after 2 years) and many meds before Viibryd was started. I now take Viibryd 40mg at night and 20 in the morning along with a probiotic that has helped The expense of the Name brand only med right now, is worth every penny because you cant put a price on your life. I am alive and mentally better than I have been in 10 years. Thank you"

Alive! January 14, 2018

For Depression "I have been taking Viibryd for years and it has changed my life for the better. I tried many other antidepressants in the past that did nothing for me. I used to sleep all the time. Day after day of just hiding and sleeping. I now have energy. I don't spend my days in bed I am out doing things and enjoying myself. It does have some side effects for me but the joy I get out of living is outweighed by them. I wish I could have found this sooner as it has given me back my life!"

Graciecj January 4, 2018

For Depression "Have had depression for years. Also bipolar. Have been on just about everything and it always stops working or just does not work. Viibryd worked for about 8 months then just stopped working. It made me emotionless. I don’t even know what or how to feel. Did not really have any other bad side effects. Am now weaning off. Have had 2 episodes of loud explosions and a few bad dreams but nothing unbearable. I really want off this med. I just want my emotions back. Oh yes. Have had hair loss. Not happy about that. Did lose 40 lb but that’s because of keto the last year. I just think this med will work for some people and will just STOP working for some people but It did not prove to be effective for me. And what will it do long term."

?73.,!$&&.: (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 2, 2018

For Depression "I have had treatment resistant depression (MDD) for over 18 years. I was suicidal for a large part of my life and tried to take kill myself on numerous occasions. I am 30 years old with a strong genetic predisposition to depression. Lithium had helped with the Suicidal Idealistation but it wore off over time. Viibryd has literally changed my life! Within a few months I felt like a new person and 8 months later, I am still doing very well. I haven't experienced a suicidal thought for over 7 months and I had never gone more than a few weeks. This break in the depression has given me a chance to truly utlitize my therapy. Even if it doesn't last forever, I'm incredibly thankful for this break. If you have Treatment Resistant Depression and Suicidal Idealisation, definitely try this one."

Jen6453 December 28, 2017

For Depression "I’ve only been on Viibryd for two weeks, but I can already tell a HUGE difference in my mood and motivation to do things. I recently came off Bupropion, which made me angry and irritable all the time, so I knew I had to make a change. My doctor gave me many samples of Viibryd because it is an expensive drug, so make sure to snag as many samples as you can unless you just have amazing insurance that will cover its cost. I also have crippling anxiety, and I can see that Viibryd has really taken the edge off. I can’t ask much more from a drug! I have tried all the major SSRIs over the years, but Viibryd is the only one to change my life for the better."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) December 24, 2017

For Depression "I threw up violently just hours after taking my first dose (with food), had a headache and felt tired. I can safely say I won't be taking a second dose."

Clairemobucho December 19, 2017

For Depression "So, this medicine didn't do anything for me. It was new to the market and the first antidepressant my doctor ever put me on. I don't recall any crazy side effects, I just didn't feel that it worked at all. That was when I was 18. I'm 23 now and it may have changed. Just always listen to your gut instinct."

Merebearrrrr December 7, 2017

For Depression "I am 27 years old and I started taking anti depressants around 19 years old my first medicine celexa worked great until it wore off. I went off the deep end in a bad way , terrible thoughts constant anxiousness and worrying . I also suffer from anxiety as well so it really hit hard ! My doctor proscribed me vibryd 10 mg ! I felt amazing immediately after a brain shock ! Then he bumped me to 20mg then 40mg . The 40mg dose had me feeling like I was going to come out of my body felt very weird ! I went back on 20mg for a while now I'm on 10mg ! The thing is no medicine is a miracle drug you have to be strong and think positive thoughts with depression or anxiety or it's a vicious cycle ! Always talk to people or do anything to get your mind occupied on other things !"

Houston Alan November 26, 2017

For Depression "This drug is dangerous. The side effects are horrible and the withdrawal process to get off of the drug is arguably worse, if that is even possible. This drug should be taken off the market."

Randomusername (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 16, 2017

For Depression "I am 21 and have been on Viibryd for 4 years. It is a miracle for me. No drug is not gonna come with out side effects, you gotta figure out what drug is worth the side effects. My favorite thing is the energy it gives me. NO other medicine has given me the right amount of energy, not too much, but enough to feel it kick in. However, if on a high dose, DON'T miss a day. Horrible brain shocks and tremors. I'm on 40mg daily. No other medicines with it."

edasgfl (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 7, 2017

For Major Depressive Disorder "Had been using Sertraline for almost 8 years, no major problems 75mg dose. Switched to Viibryd when I wanted something that would allow me to be a little more energetic and increase libido. Things were fine the first 2 weeks, no side effects but no increase in energy really. Then I started having problems grinding my teeth and couldn't relax my jaw, anxiety increased even w/ taking Clonazepam. Not to mention sleep was hard to come by and wouldn't be refreshing. Be careful with this"

C User 1212 November 3, 2017

For Major Depressive Disorder "From day one, YES day one, I turned into an irritable, annoyed, aggressive person. I gave it a week, thinking my body was just adjusting. I stayed "raged", we'll call it. Talked to my pharmacist, she recommended that I not keep taking it. I feel much better off of it. Will try something else."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) October 31, 2017

For Depression "I had tried everything. Other drugs affected my sex life, made me gain weight, made me slow. Viibryd has been a life saver. The only thing that bothers me is that there won't be a generic for 3-5 years and without an HMO or Healthcare plan it is about $270 a month. I am lucky to have been employed continuously the time I have been on it. A tip - ask your doctor for sample packs and hoard them. A second tip - always google for coupons on any prescription. Viibryd has some "first year" discounts"

jtwrevo (taken for 10 years or more) October 21, 2017

For Major Depressive Disorder "If you don’t like to sleep this is the medication for you. After being on 40 mg for 14 months I am decreasing my dosage to 20 mg. I have had the worst 14 months of my life with difficulties falling asleep and staying asleep. The drug works for depression but does affect my sleep patterns and that is not ok. Here’s hoping the lower dose lets me sleep!!!"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) October 17, 2017

For Depression "The first week of taking 10mg of Viibryd I did okay with the exception of diarrhea; then the anxiety began to wane. I still had "anger issues" so the doctor upped the dose to 20mg a day. That was okay for a couple weeks until all of a sudden, I have terrible anxiety, very bad nightmares, bruxism (clenching teeth) and bad headaches. I try to not to clench my teeth, but I go right back to clenching without realizing it. I dropped the dosage down to 10mg a day and I'm still not doing well. I'm about to call the doctor and tell him what the side effects are and to choose something else...or nothing at all."

Ferrari312P October 12, 2017

For Major Depressive Disorder "I have been taking Viibryd for years now. It was extremely successful at taking away suicidal depression and and a extreme social anxiety, due to mild aspergers. It also gave me a tremendous amount of energy. After a good amount of time with 40mg a day dose, I started experiencing side effects. The first side effect was upset stomach, with diarrhea. Next I started noticing mental exhaustion, and slight dry mouth. Then the side effects went to severe Temporomandibular joint dysfunction (TMJ) issues, and tension headaches, sometimes accompanied by neck region night sweats. Then my doctor and I decided to cut the Viibryd down to 20 mg a day. I have been on the 20 mg for a while now, the TMJ is gone, all other side effects have been reduced. Over all happy still."

RicHM1980 (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 4, 2017

For Depression "Been on Viibryd for 6 years @ 40mg/day. Although it was great for the anger management and depression, I gained 65 pounds despite working out and started losing my hair in huge clumps. I still couldn't sleep through the night and noticed that I couldn't focus anymore for even short periods of time. My new doctor told me yesterday that all of the side effects that Viibryd WASN"T supposed to have, it ended up having anyway (listed above). Glad to be going off and see what changes happen. Be cautious if/when you do go off, must step down and it takes about a month. Headaches are horrible but do go away. Good luck!"

BellaRosesmom October 3, 2017

For Major Depressive Disorder "I have been on & off antidepresants most my adult life & have tried many. Was just switched from celexa to viibryd about 1 month ago & it has been a living nightmare. This has by far been the worst med I have ever been on. I have been an emotional wreck & sick as hell. Nausea, dizzy, shaky, jittery, heart racing, weight gain, headaches, anger, crying & several more. I have actually had to pull my car off the road & sit because I was so sick. I can't think straight at all. Tried tapering down from 20mg to 15mg for a week & I felt like I was dying, so went back to 20mg. I feel like I belong in the mental ward. I see my Dr in a few days. Horrible drug, I do not recommend at all! Rather be depressed"

Shelly mcaleer September 16, 2017

For Depression "I have taken many antidepressants over the past 20 years (Lexapro, Effexor, Wellbutrin, Remeron) and Viibryd is the best I have taken. I loved Lexapro and took it for 15 years before it finally lost its effectiveness and I didn't think I'd find anything better, but Viibryd is as good as Lexapro for me without the negative side sexual effects. The one caveat is that unlike the previous SSRI's I have to take Viibryd in the morning rather than at night or I get terrible insomnia. With my dose in the morning I now have literally no noticible side effects and my mood, motivation, and motivation for things are all elevated. Like any antidepressant there are negative side effects the first 2-4 weeks but those go away so hang in there!"

James47 September 14, 2017

For Major Depressive Disorder "Could not judge benefits because of side effects of diarrhea and nausea."

Ljmc (taken for less than 1 month) September 3, 2017

For Depression "Started on 10mg of Viibryd and have been taking it for over 6 weeks. First week I experienced being "spacey", diarrhea and no appetite. After the first week, I started to feel better and have improved quite a bit. Anxiety is gone but still have "anger" issues, although not as bad prior to Viibryd. Asking the doctor to up the dosage to 20mg to possible help with anger issues. Otherwise, Viibryd is about the best anti-depressant I've ever taken. Much better than Wellbutrin/Zoloft/Prozac/Celexa/etc."

Ferrari312P August 28, 2017