User Reviews for Viibryd

Major Depressive Disorder
5.8

Summary of Viibryd reviews 6.5 578 reviews

Reviews for Viibryd

For Depression "This medication made me beyond ill, vomiting, dry heaving, feeling faint. Feeling extremely hot. I will never go back to this medication. Worst experience ever."

Dee (taken for less than 1 month) October 11, 2018

For Depression " I’m a man and I could almost cry based on how well this medication has made me. I tried so many meds with no success, I even tried ketamine infusions. I’ve tried antipsychotics too. Nothing was working until Viibryd. I’ve had 100% improvement within 1 week on only 10mg. Amazing! I’m thankful, I’m grateful, and I’m blessed."

Steve55 (taken for less than 1 month) October 7, 2018

For Depression "In the past 15 years. I started on Zoloft, 100 mg to treat post partum for 2 years & weaned off. Then back on Zoloft, 200 mg for another 2 years after brothers suicide, weaned off because of weight gain. Out of nowhere after years of feeling okay depression returns, uncontrollable crying & no motivation to participate in anything. Dr suggested Viibryd. Expensive, with my insurance, $240 a month. Dr gave me coupon so it is only 10 for 30 days supply. Starter pack 10 mg increasing to 20mg after a week. I did have some stomach distress the first week. I take it in the am with food. No weird dreams or other symptoms I’ve read about. Within the first 2 days I did not have the urge to cry & was relieved for that. Energy has improved and I’m feeling more optimistic much more so than what I remember ever feeling with Zoloft. For me this med is wonderful and I plan to stick with it. 2 weeks on it and no noticeable side effects, pleasantly pleased and so much calmer, actually laughing again."

momofgirls October 6, 2018

For Major Depressive Disorder "I was first prescribed Trintellix and it was the worst medication too much nauseous and vomiting. Then I started Viibryd and is the best ever no side effect at all, no gain weight. The only bad thing is really bad insomnia however my depression is better thanks for viiibryd. With coupon I pay $10.00!"

tayshalee October 2, 2018

For Depression "This medication is the worst. Not only was it ineffective for my depression but it caused fits of anger and rage. I have asked my doctor to replace it after only thirty days. It is an expensive ripoff. It should be removed from the market or, at a minimum, dispensed with a cautionary side effect warning."

Diamondron (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 1, 2018

For Major Depressive Disorder "I spoke too soon. This is the worst medication I have EVER taken. For 8 days straight, 24 hours a day with out any break I have been non stop nauseous to the point my face turns pale white, horrifying nightmares, sleep paralysis, no appetite, vision black out with “zaps” or “pressure “ feeling in my head. Extremely high blood pressure, with pressure behind my eyes which concerns me about angle closures with it said in the med pamphlet can cause glaucoma. Which causes blindness. Difficulty understanding, hot and cold, flu like symptoms, weakness, anger/rage, uncontrollable crying, blurred vision, pain through out body, excruciating painful burning sensation in my stomach always. Seeing things that are not there... these have been symptoms I’ve experienced every day and night with no break for 8 days. Almost went to ER several times, I weaned myself off this med. This is poison to my body. I was so hopeful for this medication too."

Chris (taken for less than 1 month) October 1, 2018

For Depression "Cons: I have insurance approved and the discount card and still pay $125 a month. I haven’t felt anything drastic yet at 10mg and I've been taking it 5 weeks or so (switching to 20mg this week). I’ve had super bad insomnia in middle of night/nightmares but nothing I haven’t had before. Some cases of sudden nausea if I don't eat for a few hours and some digestive stuff. Pros: got rid of my sleep paralysis, have enough energy, haven’t gained weight, decreases my urge to binge eat, more focused/motivated with school (but still depressed mood and emotional swings)"

Medipro (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 20, 2018

For Depression "I am a senior citizen that has been on viibryd one month. This drug has been awesome for me. The only side effects was very slight nausea the first week and loose stool on day one. I'm on 20 mg and I have never felt better in many many many years. I would highly recommend this drug and also I take it exactly according to directions. I am taking it right after breakfast and I just feel wonderful."

Alexryan2 (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 19, 2018

For Major Depressive Disorder "Best medicine I’ve ever had. Got out of the Marine Corps in 1986. I’ve been on various anti-depressants and this is the best I’ve ever had. Perfect alignment with my misalignment in my cranium. On other meds I’ve had 3 episodes of suicide idealisation. I’m not even concerned about it anymore. I’m level-headed, not screaming at people, not being a total a-hole to my family. This medicine is a blessing to me."

KiloTangoFox (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 19, 2018

For Major Depressive Disorder "I did the genetic testing that found this was one of three medications that should work for me. I’ve been on all sorts of anti depressants over the last 25 years, minus the 8 years I weened myself off when I turned 30, didn’t want to have to take meds anymore. In the last year and half, had to return to antidepressants. The medications that I had taken in the past that worked for me no longer did. I’m on day six of viibryd at 10 mg at night while weaning myself off last medication. So far I feel fine. I don’t seem to be experiencing any side effects."

Chris (taken for less than 1 month) September 18, 2018

For Depression "Started on 10's then 20's then 40's and the misery started. It made my depression worse made me stay mad and very angry. The nightmares are unreal out of this world I was screaming for help and could not move but I was awake and asleep, it gave me the hardest pounding heartbeat in my head I've ever felt. I'm afraid to go to sleep until this is out of my system I don't think anyone should go through this misery it makes me very jittery and have worse anxiety than I had. I don't see how anyone can take this terrible medicine"

Unhappy camper September 10, 2018

For Major Depressive Disorder "The first week I was on it, I had been weaning of another anti-depressant. Viibryd helped with this and my mood as well. The following two weeks afterwards I have spent days sleeping and crying. Not to mention, suicidal ideation is back full force accompanied by bouts of sheer rage. Clonazepam helps in emergencies. What I hadn't been expecting was severe paranoia. Feels like I am in a constant state of fear and caution littered by the occasional moment where life is fine and I am human. It might be too soon to say if it is strictly viibryd's fault. Brain zaps have persisted from previous medications in the past, but the ones I get now are like being hit in the back of the head with a blunt and heavy object. Appetite is the same, no cravings, no change in weight or diet, but a total lack of energy. My depressive thoughts seem more recurrent . Please be weary of this medicine."

Help September 9, 2018

For Depression "I hate it for the same reason that everyone who has ever taken it knows. Because you can't explain the way it makes you feel to someone who's never taken it and had these type of effects. I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy the way this medication has made me feel. Number 1; take being the most sleepy you've ever been and times it by a thousand, and it doesn't matter whether you're talking, working walking, or driving. If you drive and are taking this medicine and you start getting sleepy pull over immediately. Number 2; what I would call a powerful, dizzy-ing, electrical, storm that is about to call up the type of storm you would see in a movie that will end the world, inside my skull. Number 3; night terrors that make night terrors look like soft fuzzy kittens. It is also very expensive even with insurance and it's not worth dying over or killing someone else in a car wreck."

K (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 8, 2018

For Depression "This drug has really worked for me. I recently went up to 40mg and am thinking about going back to 20mg due to anxiety. I felt great on 20mg."

Thank_God_For_Viibryd (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 7, 2018

For Depression "I take this for severe anxiety after a long trial and error process of different SSRIs (Celexa, Lexapro, Zoloft, etc) none of them seemed to work. My doc did some genetic testing and it came back with Viibryd as a match, started out on 5mg, 10mg, now on 20mg and I finally feel like myself again-very little anxiety, no depersonalization/derealization (DPDR), no more panic attacks. DPDR and panic attacks were my main symptom and I was suffering severely. $10 with coupon card. And I am forever thankful. This has changed my life. I’m a RN and now I am able to function and enjoy life once again. Please don’t be ashamed to take something your body may desperately need. There is so much research on anxiety and other mental illness. There is no need to suffer in silence. Please go get help if needed and never be ashamed."

123 September 5, 2018

For Depression "I’ve been on pristiq for a couple of years and the last few months I thought I had something serious going on with my health. Upon getting blood tests done everything turned out fine, but the doctor mentioned it might be my anti depressant. I thought he was crazy. Then got swapped to viibryd. Long story short. I went from being unbelievably tired (multiple naps a day on weekends, falling asleep at my desk, could sleep 15 hours straight, etc), gained a lot of weight because I had no energy to workout anymore, was eating constantly, depressed to feeling amazing within ONE week of Viibryd. I have so much energy now, am working out, appetite went back to normal, am wide awake all day long, and couldn’t even take a nap if I wanted to. This is only with 10mg. Highly highly recommend it."

Nickname (taken for less than 1 month) September 4, 2018

For Depression " I was PRESCRIBED to try this viibyrd for my PMS, and I have my worst experience of side effects of all the medication I tried, it is not worth it, it gives you a vivid painful terrifying nightmares but to make it worst you are half awake and can feel everything. I NEVER EVER EXPERIENCED this kind of trauma but it doesn't stop there it make you the worst version of your self anything negative, your brain will overflowed by negativity and will give you hallucinations, anxiety, all bad things in one package. I can go on and on but it is just not kind nor humane to let someone try this medication and have them experience all of the side effects. Yes it might work for other people, but to take that risk for the people who might have these terrible side effects are just unacceptable."

Eni23 August 27, 2018

For Depression "I am 63 years of age and over the past 25 years I have taken Avyntil, lithium, Wellbutrin, Effexor trazadone etc. As with all medications there is a "waiting" period for the medications to kick in and sometimes that can take a couple of months for any medication to work as intended. As with others I started out at 10 mgs and worked up to 40 mgs a day. Yes it was uncomfortable initially, but I knew if I hung in there, it would get better and it has even been better than I had hoped. Taking an antidepressant is only one step in dealing with depression and bi-polar disorder. One must work on themselves by either undergoing talk therapy, writing a journal and generally taking care of one's self both mentally physically and spiritually. Medications by themselves are helpful but not the end all and be all. Initial side effects occur with any medication band, different medications don't always affect all people the same, but what works for me doesn't work for for others."

Salem's_Hill August 11, 2018

For Depression "I am so thankful for giving the medical professionals the ability to create this wonderful drug! It’s a life saver. No longer suicidal."

Mack (taken for less than 1 month) August 11, 2018

For Depression "I think this is really working for me. I’ve been on Celexa and then Lexapro for about 15 years. I went downhill emotionally about 1 1/2 - 2 years ago. I tried switching to Trintellix and did not have s good experience. Although I am not sure if it was the Trintellix or Flonase (steroid sensitivity) that caused me so many problems. Stopped the Flonase and went back on Lexapro. Fought the depression until about a month ago and a friend of mine suggested I try something else. My coworker mentioned Viibryd, so I decided to give it a try. Did a cross taper. Lexapro 20 to 15 to 10 to 5. Viibryd 10 to 20 I’m 1 1/2 into 20 mg of Viibryd and I finally beginning to feel like I used to prior to the downhill spiral. I really thought I was stuck like that. I am thankful for this drug."

JK (taken for less than 1 month) August 7, 2018

For Depression "I have been on Viibryd for about 6 years. It's has been a life saver, but seems as though its not working as well anymore. Started at 20mg, been at 40mg for 2 years. Celexa, Lexapro and welbutrin have not worked for me in the past."

tryingtocope (taken for 5 to 10 years) July 24, 2018

For Depression "No diarrhea faced. Mood improvement in 3 weeks. Worst thing with this medicine is horrible nightmares and electric jolts, whenever there is slight change in timing of the drug or the dosage."

ADITYA (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 8, 2018

For Depression "Day 4 of Viibryd, no side effects, very gentle SSRI. I have been on prozac, zoloft, lexapro, celexa, trintellix, buspar, and none of them helped. My doctor did the genetic Assay testing on me and we found out the genetic deficit I have and what medication will work. Viibryd is one of them that are suppose to work with my body. Please go get the testing done, it will change your life."

Godiswithyou June 29, 2018

For Depression "Took vibryd only 5mg for 10 days! Got deathly sick with severe headache and muscle twitching...No More Vibryd"

Angel (taken for less than 1 month) June 26, 2018

For Major Depressive Disorder "I did NOT have an enjoyable experience with Viibryd. I kept having these “exploding” and “dropping” feelings in my head which were horrible, but nothing in comparison to the night terrors and sleep paralysis. I couldn’t distinguish between reality and a dream sometimes. I would see things that weren’t there and have an overwhelming sense of fear, mainly at night. It did not boost my mood at all so I feel that there was no upside to this medication. Be cautious."

Mags (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 21, 2018

Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ...

Micromedex® Care Notes