User Reviews for Viibryd

Major Depressive Disorder
5.8

Summary of Viibryd reviews 6.4 589 reviews

Reviews for Viibryd

For Depression "Horrible. Only used I took it for 2 days then stopped. It made me nauseous, anxious , antsy , and I could not sleep what so ever will not be taking again"

B January 13, 2019

For Major Depressive Disorder "I had high hopes for this medication as it came up in my GeneSight test as one that would be a good fit for me. I started at 5mg and had the most horrific nightmares the first night. I talked to my Dr and she said to continue, but to cut the dosage in half. The nightmares stopped, but the other side effects of nausea, gas, loose stool, sweating and drowsiness started. My depression is much less intense after four days, but I am dizzy and spaced out a bit, especially first thing in the morning. Last night I was so warm I slept in a light blanket with the window cracked and a fan on and it’s December in MI. I also woke several times in the night feeling nauseous even though I take the medication with a very full meal. Initially, I’m so bummed, but maybe things will level out. I’m willing to give up a lot of things to get rid of this depression, but maybe this medication is just too strong for me."

Botero’s_mom December 21, 2018

For Major Depressive Disorder "Viibryd is working great for depression and anxiety! Physically I’m having bad trouble with diarrhea and stomach aches. I’ve only been on it a week so I’m hoping these physical symptoms will diminish. I will put up with these physical symptoms hopefully for a long time because viibryd is so effective . Has anyone experienced this?"

Solo1 (taken for less than 1 month) December 19, 2018

For Major Depressive Disorder "I am up to 40mg per day now and something strange is going on. I am feeling waves of electricity zap in my head like mini seizures. I never had a sensation like this before and I have tried many over the past 20 years. I even feel like I might fall down. I even did the genetic testing to see which drugs worked better for specially me. I don't know...but if this is a side effect then how long do I have to endure it?? I think I will go back and try Latuda. It seemed to smooth things out for me. PS. BY THE WAY...YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO TAKE THIS WITH FOOD "

Bob December 4, 2018

For Depression "I have been on viibryd for about 15 days and I came off of wellbutrin (which my doctor had me taper down off of and I had no side effects when doing which was wonderful. I can tell a difference since I have been taking it. I started with 10 mgs then 20 mgs and I got my 1st refill and my insurance wanted to charge me $75 which is way to high to be paying so i used the discount cards my doctor gave me and only paid $10 for it. I feel great just been keeping to myself because I'm a very outspoken person and this has really helped me and i just love it. I think I'll be going up to the 40 mgs next month. Haven't been really hungry either which is a plus. It does curb my appetite. I recommend this to anyone in need for fighting depression there are some side effects that I have had but nothing worth getting worried over."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) December 4, 2018

For Major Depressive Disorder "This drug was horrible for me. After taking prozac for 3 years and building a tolerance to it, I needed a change. So my doctor suggested viibryd, which sounded great. Immediately after starting it, I had horrible stomach aches every single day. After only 3 days on this drug, I spent 2 days uncontrollably vomiting, and having diarrhea for the whole entire next week. My lips would bruise and my arms and legs would get random bruises. I got horrible headaches and my mind always felt foggy. My anxiety seemed worse, and my depression was hardly any better. It took me hours to fall asleep at night, only to wake up repeatedly throughout the night. After about 3 weeks on the drug my doctor agreed to switch. I would not recommend it."

abbyg (taken for less than 1 month) December 1, 2018

For Depression "Taking this drug was the equivalent of being unmedicated. My mood declined, anxiety was up. Its the same thing as the last time I cold turkeyed a SSRI and stayed off for 8 weeks, except I was taking an expensive pill."

dpants (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 28, 2018

For Depression "I was on this medication to help with anxiety and depression. Within the first week I went to being very angry, heart racing, and huge mood swings. I wouldn’t recommend this drug. I got off of it right away with my friends and husband would tell me how different I was. I have tried 3 different meds and this one was by far the worst."

Emma (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 26, 2018

For Depression "Didn't notice any benefits after 8 weeks at 20mg. Viibryd did cause me to have anger and rage attacks. I was on Lexapro for 16 years prior to switching to Viibrid. Lexapro used to work wonderfully! Doctor is now switching me to Prozac. "

Dot (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 15, 2018

For Depression "I was on Viibryd 20mg and increased to 40mg 5 months later because I wasn’t feeling better. The biggest mistake I made was to pass off my deepening depression as me just getting worse rather than seeing it as a side effect of the drug. I lived in fear. I was constantly terrified. I was afraid to leave my house, full of anxiety, panic attack after panic attack, unbelievable nightmares, heart palpitations, diarrhea, and brain zaps. Brian zap for me: It would get extremely loud in my head and build up. I would cover my ears and close my eyes. And wait for it to spike and ultimately end. I don’t know how else to describe it. I felt like I was spiralling down into becoming legitimately insane. I was sane enough to know my thoughts were not normal. I remember asking, “Am I going crazy? Could this have anything to do with the medicine?” Please do not take this drug. It is terrifying."

goose3122 November 12, 2018

For Depression "I take this once a day at night for my severe anxiety. Without Viibryd I have overwhelming dread that makes it difficult for me to get out of bed in the morning, and fear that makes me drive by work many times before having the courage to go in. Had previously tired lorazepam, trazodone, and clonazapam, but they all made me too sleepy to function (trazodone also made me nauseous). Lexapro worked well for me, but it gave me ejaculation disorder. Viibryd works great for me and reduces that one annoying side effect. I do also keep at standing prescription of clonazapam, which I use in extreme anxiety provoking situations, like major presentations, where the immediately noticeable effect outweighs the sleepiness that I will fell a couple hours later."

emzee (taken for 5 to 10 years) October 29, 2018

For Depression "This medication made me beyond ill, vomiting, dry heaving, feeling faint. Feeling extremely hot. I will never go back to this medication. Worst experience ever."

Dee (taken for less than 1 month) October 11, 2018

For Depression " I’m a man and I could almost cry based on how well this medication has made me. I tried so many meds with no success, I even tried ketamine infusions. I’ve tried antipsychotics too. Nothing was working until Viibryd. I’ve had 100% improvement within 1 week on only 10mg. Amazing! I’m thankful, I’m grateful, and I’m blessed."

Steve55 (taken for less than 1 month) October 7, 2018

For Depression "In the past 15 years. I started on Zoloft, 100 mg to treat post partum for 2 years & weaned off. Then back on Zoloft, 200 mg for another 2 years after brothers suicide, weaned off because of weight gain. Out of nowhere after years of feeling okay depression returns, uncontrollable crying & no motivation to participate in anything. Dr suggested Viibryd. Expensive, with my insurance, $240 a month. Dr gave me coupon so it is only 10 for 30 days supply. Starter pack 10 mg increasing to 20mg after a week. I did have some stomach distress the first week. I take it in the am with food. No weird dreams or other symptoms I’ve read about. Within the first 2 days I did not have the urge to cry & was relieved for that. Energy has improved and I’m feeling more optimistic much more so than what I remember ever feeling with Zoloft. For me this med is wonderful and I plan to stick with it. 2 weeks on it and no noticeable side effects, pleasantly pleased and so much calmer, actually laughing again."

momofgirls October 6, 2018

For Major Depressive Disorder "I was first prescribed Trintellix and it was the worst medication too much nauseous and vomiting. Then I started Viibryd and is the best ever no side effect at all, no gain weight. The only bad thing is really bad insomnia however my depression is better thanks for viiibryd. With coupon I pay $10.00!"

tayshalee October 2, 2018

For Depression "This medication is the worst. Not only was it ineffective for my depression but it caused fits of anger and rage. I have asked my doctor to replace it after only thirty days. It is an expensive ripoff. It should be removed from the market or, at a minimum, dispensed with a cautionary side effect warning."

Diamondron (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 1, 2018

For Major Depressive Disorder "I spoke too soon. This is the worst medication I have EVER taken. For 8 days straight, 24 hours a day with out any break I have been non stop nauseous to the point my face turns pale white, horrifying nightmares, sleep paralysis, no appetite, vision black out with “zaps” or “pressure “ feeling in my head. Extremely high blood pressure, with pressure behind my eyes which concerns me about angle closures with it said in the med pamphlet can cause glaucoma. Which causes blindness. Difficulty understanding, hot and cold, flu like symptoms, weakness, anger/rage, uncontrollable crying, blurred vision, pain through out body, excruciating painful burning sensation in my stomach always. Seeing things that are not there... these have been symptoms I’ve experienced every day and night with no break for 8 days. Almost went to ER several times, I weaned myself off this med. This is poison to my body. I was so hopeful for this medication too."

Chris (taken for less than 1 month) October 1, 2018

For Depression "Cons: I have insurance approved and the discount card and still pay $125 a month. I haven’t felt anything drastic yet at 10mg and I've been taking it 5 weeks or so (switching to 20mg this week). I’ve had super bad insomnia in middle of night/nightmares but nothing I haven’t had before. Some cases of sudden nausea if I don't eat for a few hours and some digestive stuff. Pros: got rid of my sleep paralysis, have enough energy, haven’t gained weight, decreases my urge to binge eat, more focused/motivated with school (but still depressed mood and emotional swings)"

Medipro (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 20, 2018

For Depression "I am a senior citizen that has been on viibryd one month. This drug has been awesome for me. The only side effects was very slight nausea the first week and loose stool on day one. I'm on 20 mg and I have never felt better in many many many years. I would highly recommend this drug and also I take it exactly according to directions. I am taking it right after breakfast and I just feel wonderful."

Alexryan2 (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 19, 2018

For Major Depressive Disorder "Best medicine I’ve ever had. Got out of the Marine Corps in 1986. I’ve been on various anti-depressants and this is the best I’ve ever had. Perfect alignment with my misalignment in my cranium. On other meds I’ve had 3 episodes of suicide idealisation. I’m not even concerned about it anymore. I’m level-headed, not screaming at people, not being a total a-hole to my family. This medicine is a blessing to me."

KiloTangoFox (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 19, 2018

For Major Depressive Disorder "I did the genetic testing that found this was one of three medications that should work for me. I’ve been on all sorts of anti depressants over the last 25 years, minus the 8 years I weened myself off when I turned 30, didn’t want to have to take meds anymore. In the last year and half, had to return to antidepressants. The medications that I had taken in the past that worked for me no longer did. I’m on day six of viibryd at 10 mg at night while weaning myself off last medication. So far I feel fine. I don’t seem to be experiencing any side effects."

Chris (taken for less than 1 month) September 18, 2018

For Depression "Started on 10's then 20's then 40's and the misery started. It made my depression worse made me stay mad and very angry. The nightmares are unreal out of this world I was screaming for help and could not move but I was awake and asleep, it gave me the hardest pounding heartbeat in my head I've ever felt. I'm afraid to go to sleep until this is out of my system I don't think anyone should go through this misery it makes me very jittery and have worse anxiety than I had. I don't see how anyone can take this terrible medicine"

Unhappy camper September 10, 2018

For Major Depressive Disorder "The first week I was on it, I had been weaning of another anti-depressant. Viibryd helped with this and my mood as well. The following two weeks afterwards I have spent days sleeping and crying. Not to mention, suicidal ideation is back full force accompanied by bouts of sheer rage. Clonazepam helps in emergencies. What I hadn't been expecting was severe paranoia. Feels like I am in a constant state of fear and caution littered by the occasional moment where life is fine and I am human. It might be too soon to say if it is strictly viibryd's fault. Brain zaps have persisted from previous medications in the past, but the ones I get now are like being hit in the back of the head with a blunt and heavy object. Appetite is the same, no cravings, no change in weight or diet, but a total lack of energy. My depressive thoughts seem more recurrent . Please be weary of this medicine."

Help September 9, 2018

For Depression "I hate it for the same reason that everyone who has ever taken it knows. Because you can't explain the way it makes you feel to someone who's never taken it and had these type of effects. I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy the way this medication has made me feel. Number 1; take being the most sleepy you've ever been and times it by a thousand, and it doesn't matter whether you're talking, working walking, or driving. If you drive and are taking this medicine and you start getting sleepy pull over immediately. Number 2; what I would call a powerful, dizzy-ing, electrical, storm that is about to call up the type of storm you would see in a movie that will end the world, inside my skull. Number 3; night terrors that make night terrors look like soft fuzzy kittens. It is also very expensive even with insurance and it's not worth dying over or killing someone else in a car wreck."

K (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 8, 2018

For Depression "This drug has really worked for me. I recently went up to 40mg and am thinking about going back to 20mg due to anxiety. I felt great on 20mg."

Thank_God_For_Viibryd (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 7, 2018

Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ...