User Reviews for Viibryd

Learn more about Viibryd.

Depression 384 reviews 80 medications

6.8
Major Depressive Disorder 72 reviews 46 medications

6.6
Summary of Viibryd reviews 456 reviews 6.7

Reviews for Viibryd

For Major Depressive Disorder "Was on Celexa but came off because of horrible side effects such as lack of focus, and EXTREME memory loss. I suffered in class because of this, I could not retain anything I learned and it didn't make me feel happy, just numb. I stopped it a few years ago. Started 10mg Viibryd a couple months ago and I feel happier, more focused and more ambitious than ever, I use it along side Vistaril for anxiety and Its incredible. For how bad of a rep it gets, its been a life changer for me. I am doing amazing in school now and I just generally feel right all the time now. Occasional brain zaps at night but they are infrequent. The payoff of this medicine is just too great to let a couple minor side effects stop me from taking it."

This gave me my life back. (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 21, 2016

For Depression "Have completed 1 month on viibryd, but no change in mood. This weekend I will go from 20mg to 40. I was on highest doses of Lexapro, then Effexor, so might need 40 b/f seeing change. I've come this far, so I'll stick it out and see what happens. Have had vivid, detailed dreams every night, but no nightmares. Did forget to take med 1 morning and had terrible day at work--extreme irritability, even anger. Took med when got home, and next day back to normal. Also experienced increased depression & sadness when took med too late 1 Saturday. Whole time on med, have eaten less, but only feel like eating salty, sweet, and/or high fat foods. No interest in salad or veggies, which I normally eat. Hopefully that will change."

Sea Girl (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 19, 2016

For Major Depressive Disorder "I have been on this for over 2 months. On max. Dosage. Nothing. Has not helped with my depression at all. Going to call my Doctor today."

Engineer 1 September 13, 2016

For Major Depressive Disorder "It help me a little bit but the side effect was so bad, I was having night terror/sleep paralysis. I thought at first I was going crazy or our house was haunted until we moved and realized that it's this medicine, as soon as I stopped, no more night terror. I will never take this medicine ever again. I was so scared to go to sleep for months because of this medicine."

Really Depressed September 8, 2016

For Major Depressive Disorder "6 years now and nothing has worked until Viibryd. I've been off and on meds for 20 years, but this last bout of depression was about killing me. It's been two months and I'm doing great!"

NicoleCattin1 August 31, 2016

For Depression "End of Viibryd week 1 was starting to feel normal, then began week 2 at 20mg. More nausea (Ondancetron med really helps at work), no headaches this week. New symptom of gritty feeling in eyes--think it is dry eyes, so bought some good tear drops and seems a lot better now, will keep using. I switched over cold turkey from 40mg Lexapro. When starting any new antidepressant, I always take it on the weekend, NEVER during the workweek. It might make you sleep all day or be "out of it," but that's usually just an adjustment period you have to go thru. Too bad doctors don't always let patients know what to expect."

Sea Girl (taken for less than 1 month) August 31, 2016

For Depression "I honestly don't like this medication very much. I just started it previously and I am experiencing extreme drowsiness and although it is a common side effect it is not normal to the point where I zone in and out like I'm as high as a kite."

KJMorgan August 30, 2016

For Major Depressive Disorder "Im 37 y/o female and was prescribed this after a suicide attempt. Took just a few days but I feel the best that I have in a very long time. I can't tell you the last time I had the energy, enthusiasm, or Clarity that I have now. I've been on so many different antidepressants & anti-anxiety medications that I've lost track of what all I have been on. Best medication in combination with 5 milligrams of Abilify!!! I feel like I am getting my life back. I truly feel like my life has been saved. I did have loose bowels off and on the first two weeks, but now on week 3 it is getting better. My guess is, like any other antidepressant, some people respond in a positive way, and others respond in a negative way. Nature of the beast of depression!"

Mt dew queen August 30, 2016

For Depression "I've successfully taken Lexapro, also Effexor, and Wellbutrin w/each (did not gain weight on either of these) for last 15 years. Tried Cymbalta--did not help depression & gave me nightmares. Now on day 7 of taking Viibryd. First 4-5 days had nausea & constant mild headache. Did have a few instances while driving of "when did I switch to this lane?" Last night had first strange, vivid dream. Yesterday felt a little bloated, but things going ok so far. I know all antidepressants have an adjustment period w/side effects. It's interesting to see how same drug effects people so differently. Not sure if depression is getting better, but wouldn't know yet b/c work extremely stressful last 5 weeks, so we'll see as work winds down--I'm very hopeful!"

Sea Girl (taken for less than 1 month) August 26, 2016

For Major Depressive Disorder "Horrible!!! Made me suicidal! I'm 36 and have NEVER been like that. I stared at a razorblade for 10-15 minutes before I realized wtf was going on. I called my doc as soon as they were open. I was a zombie and when I could "function" it was barely enough to wipe my own bottom. I was crying for zero reason, this drug did the exact opposite of what it's supposed to do!!!!"

QuailLady August 19, 2016

For Major Depressive Disorder "I have suffered from major depression since my 20's, I am now 50, I have taken every antidepressant I think possible, since I have started taking Viibryd I feel human, I have more mind clarity,energy and generalized feeling of happiness. I laugh and talk a lot more! I feel like someone turned the positive switch on in my brain, it's like the sky is bluer, trees are greener, etc! I started taking this medicine after my sister told me she had started taking it and how wonderful she was feeling. I have had absolutely no side effects except eating more but that could be because I have an appetite now.I am taking 20mg right now and have been taking it for several months. I feel like this is a miracle drug and is exactly what I have always neede"

Kandiey August 16, 2016

For Major Depressive Disorder "This is an awful medication. Horrible diarrhea. Horrible crazy off the wall nightmares. Can't tell whats real and what isn't. I saw my mom and she's been gone for five years.. This pill makes me feel like I'm on speed. Crazy speed. I've never in my life felt so bad, and so scared. "

tina mccreery (taken for less than 1 month) August 5, 2016

For Depression "This is horrible stuff! I did the gradual dosage-increase starter pack. It was somewhat effective early on, but then it turned bad. I started to have vivid lucid dreams. Kinda cool, but some were quite unpleasant. During the 40mg stage, I involutarily jizzed my pants while at work! How unsettling! I ran out of Viibryd accidentally & went a day without it. BAD brain zaps came in waves, I felt like I was going to jump out of my skin. That part was terrible! I drove to my doctor & immed asked to go back to my former medication. They ordered that to be refilled, but I couldn't wait the few hours. I had intense malaise & I was super itchy all over like a crackhead. I practically begged for one last Viibryd. The withdrawl was bad! Potent stuff."

SumYungGuy (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 3, 2016

For Major Depressive Disorder "I've suffered from major depression for over 20 years and been on and off every medication. Today I am switching from Celexa to Vibryd and continuing on Wellbutrin along with that. Praying for some relief....so tired of this daily struggle."

Kcz (taken for less than 1 month) July 30, 2016

For Depression "Dr. Prescribed several antidepressants before trying Viibryd. Major difference once I was in a routine. Took care of about 90% of my depression/anxiety. Been on it for four plus years."

Navet72 (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 25, 2016

For Depression "I have mixed feelings about viibryd. I'm switching off of it now, after about a year on it. I found that I did help, but seemed to make me more anxious at first. I didn't have any other side effects. After being on it for a while, I noticed if I was even a couple hours late on my dose, I would be a complete mess--crying, panicking, just feeling terrible. I've never had such a strong reaction to just being late on taking a medication. I'm not even talking about missing a full day. This is the main reason why I wanted to get off of viibryd. I stayed on it for fear of withdrawal symptoms and my depression and anxiety worsened. Currently taking celexa and today is my first day with no viibyrid."

AnxietyTeacher (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 12, 2016

For Major Depressive Disorder "I have been taking Viibryd 60mg (started with the stater pack and gradually went up from there) for 9 months and have been on brand name Wellbutrin for 3 months. I have felt great on Viibryd and have felt a difference in my quality of life. Most common side effect at the beginning was diarrhea but it went away shortly. I haven't been coming home and going straight to bed anymore. I have more energy and more enthusiasm to do things with my family. I hope it continues. After so many years of trying different antidepressant, Viibryd has been my life changer. My copay is $75 since it's a brand name non formulary drug but Viibryd offers a coupon and it drops my copay to $20/month."

eyedepressed (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 11, 2016

For Depression "I was taking lexapro and wellbutrin for a long time. Then switched to vibyrd in 2012. It helps with my deceased sex drive and it doesn't cause weight gain either. It actually helps with my libido."

Cynthia 6946 July 3, 2016

For Depression "Been taking viibryd for 2 years now. Was only on 10mg first few weeks nausea and loose frequent stools each week thethe symptoms lessen and I could feel the benefits. I was happy and relaxed, no decrease in sex drive and didn't have any of the side effects that I could notice (chronic back pain, gi issues, and difficulty sleeping my whole life). My doctor gives me samples and coupons when he can but it is extremely expensive."

Nurseshark (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 29, 2016

For Depression "I can live again!! I have suffered from anxiety and depression for 12 years. I've tried it all... most recently I was on Celexa and Lamictal combination. I took Celexa for 2 years and then things went south again. My doctor mentioned Viibyd and I was so scared to try a new medication because depression meds are a game of Russian roulette. I went straight to 40mg a day and I am happy to say that after just a week, I feel awesome. I forgot how it felt to be "normal". And i am high on life after finally finding a solution! Only side effects are occasional brain fog and a little bit of restless legs. Every medication is different for every one. Just keep trying until you find yours and don't give up."

qrst June 27, 2016

For Major Depressive Disorder "30 y/o female struggling with OCD/MDD/GAD since 14yo. The pack I received started 1wk at 10mg, then 1wk at 20 mg then the next 2wk at 40mg. The second week I was actually feeling hopeful that I may have found a medication that works for me again. Things quickly changed once I started the 40mg dose. I wake up in a stupor like fog that takes me about an hour to get out of. My dreams are so vivid and intense that I have difficulty shaking from them. I am now experiencing sexual side effects, dizziness, and very bad leg cramping. I almost got into an accident this morning because of the fog that I was in. Ironically I was going to pick up this medication. Returning to 20mg dose until I can see MD again. Seemed to work at low dose, now scary."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 15, 2016

For Depression "This started out as a great experience. I was on Lexapro but due to the decreased sexual desire wanted to try something else. The first three months felt great, no improvement on the sexual aspect however. Then the side effects started and it was terrible. Started with constipation, which I was able to put up with. The legs hurting and cramping was another story. As long as I was active I had no problem. Go on a trip and it was hell. My legs would hurt like crazy. Then at night in bed if I turned over I got leg cramps in my thighs. OH and the DREAMS! So real, vivid and weird. Expensive!"

Biwie June 7, 2016

For Depression "My wife started taking Viibyrd and she got every bad side effect. Violent, angry, mania and paranoid. That is truly the drug from hell! She would scream at me for hours and then started hitting and slapping me. I had to move out of the house and get an apartment and we are probably getting divorced. Viibyrd ruined my marriage..."

Anonymous June 7, 2016

For Major Depressive Disorder "I take Viibrryd for generalized anxiety disorder. I don't have side effects. It works well for me. I HAD TO WRITE AN APPEAL TO MY INSURANCE TO GET THEM TO PAY."

Jodi Girl May 24, 2016

For Depression "I have been on 10mg of viibryd for about a month. I have a low drug tolerance and I couldn't get past the side effects of the other drugs I've tried. Viibryd had very minimal side effects that are now gone (vivid dreams and brain zaps). My anxiety has significantly lessened and I'm out of that depression fog. What a relief to be out of that negative state and constant worry! It just goes to show that differnt drugs work differently for everyone. Viibryd isn't well reviewed, but the ones that are highly scored didn't work for me at all. Don't give up or be afraid to find your perfect fit."

APski (taken for less than 1 month) May 22, 2016