User Reviews for Viibryd

Major Depressive Disorder
5.8

Summary of Viibryd reviews 6.5 562 reviews

Reviews for Viibryd

For Depression "I am 63 years of age and over the past 25 years I have taken Avyntil, lithium, Wellbutrin, Effexor trazadone etc. As with all medications there is a "waiting" period for the medications to kick in and sometimes that can take a couple of months for any medication to work as intended. As with others I started out at 10 mgs and worked up to 40 mgs a day. Yes it was uncomfortable initially, but I knew if I hung in there, it would get better and it has even been better than I had hoped. Taking an antidepressant is only one step in dealing with depression and bi-polar disorder. One must work on themselves by either undergoing talk therapy, writing a journal and generally taking care of one's self both mentally physically and spiritually. Medications by themselves are helpful but not the end all and be all. Initial side effects occur with any medication band, different medications don't always affect all people the same, but what works for me doesn't work for for others."

Salem's_Hill August 11, 2018

For Depression "I am so thankful for giving the medical professionals the ability to create this wonderful drug! It’s a life saver. No longer suicidal."

Mack (taken for less than 1 month) August 11, 2018

For Depression "I think this is really working for me. I’ve been on Celexa and then Lexapro for about 15 years. I went downhill emotionally about 1 1/2 - 2 years ago. I tried switching to Trintellix and did not have s good experience. Although I am not sure if it was the Trintellix or Flonase (steroid sensitivity) that caused me so many problems. Stopped the Flonase and went back on Lexapro. Fought the depression until about a month ago and a friend of mine suggested I try something else. My coworker mentioned Viibryd, so I decided to give it a try. Did a cross taper. Lexapro 20 to 15 to 10 to 5. Viibryd 10 to 20 I’m 1 1/2 into 20 mg of Viibryd and I finally beginning to feel like I used to prior to the downhill spiral. I really thought I was stuck like that. I am thankful for this drug."

JK (taken for less than 1 month) August 7, 2018

For Depression "I have been on Viibryd for about 6 years. It's has been a life saver, but seems as though its not working as well anymore. Started at 20mg, been at 40mg for 2 years. Celexa, Lexapro and welbutrin have not worked for me in the past."

tryingtocope (taken for 5 to 10 years) July 24, 2018

For Depression "Amazing. Very gentle. No side effects. I’m on 10mg and I feel so good. I take this for anxiety and it has helped out tremendously. I was a mess before viibryd."

123 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 24, 2018

For Depression "No diarrhea faced. Mood improvement in 3 weeks. Worst thing with this medicine is horrible nightmares and electric jolts, whenever there is slight change in timing of the drug or the dosage."

ADITYA (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 8, 2018

For Depression "Day 4 of Viibryd, no side effects, very gentle SSRI. I have been on prozac, zoloft, lexapro, celexa, trintellix, buspar, and none of them helped. My doctor did the genetic Assay testing on me and we found out the genetic deficit I have and what medication will work. Viibryd is one of them that are suppose to work with my body. Please go get the testing done, it will change your life."

Godiswithyou June 29, 2018

For Depression "Took vibryd only 5mg for 10 days! Got deathly sick with severe headache and muscle twitching...No More Vibryd"

Angel (taken for less than 1 month) June 26, 2018

For Major Depressive Disorder "I did NOT have an enjoyable experience with Viibryd. I kept having these “exploding” and “dropping” feelings in my head which were horrible, but nothing in comparison to the night terrors and sleep paralysis. I couldn’t distinguish between reality and a dream sometimes. I would see things that weren’t there and have an overwhelming sense of fear, mainly at night. It did not boost my mood at all so I feel that there was no upside to this medication. Be cautious."

Mags (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 21, 2018

For Depression "I am on Day 3 of Viibryd, and even after taking it in the morning with food, I get horribly sick and stay nauseous all day long. I haven't had any appetite either. I won't be continuing this medicine."

652413 (taken for less than 1 month) June 15, 2018

For Major Depressive Disorder "I have taken many SSRI’s over the years. Recently I told my doctor that I had taken myself off of Prozac because I was sick of gaining weight unless I starved myself. He put me on Viibryd, and let me say, the weight gain is gone ! Unfortunately that’s because I feel queasy all of the time. Food doesn’t interest me at all and if I eat a cheese sandwich I feel bloated for hours. As to mood, I still have suicidal thoughts, but they are less obsessive; more like planning a distant vacation. Taking it in the a.m. makes sleep easier and I do feel more energetic and positive. It is quite expensive however, yet after reading these reviews, I’m fearful of possibly horrific withdrawal symptoms."

Jules (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 11, 2018

For Depression "I have been taking 40mg for about 3 years. It took my anger and suicidal thoughts away immediately. I had tried just about every other drug and none worked. I have no energy though many people say it gave them more energy. I guess I am still really depressed but my moods are much better."

Wil (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 27, 2018

For Major Depressive Disorder "Well I've been on Viibryd for about a week and I can say I feel more alive. I've been on several others but the side effects were terrible so my Dr decided to try this .I read all of the other comments I pray I don't get the side effects. The only thing that's happened to me, my stomach turning but hey I can handle that. If the side effects don't get no worser I'm staying on it .I have a lot more energy and I'm more calmer..."

Angie (taken for less than 1 month) April 24, 2018

For Depression "I am extremely depressed and have terrible anxiety. I can not take any medicine. My Dr finally gave me Xanax for anxiety and it worked. I been on it a long time. Then came the depression - it was horrible - it was after a 17 years of a not so good marriage. He found someone else moved her in our home and left me in the projects. We divorced I was left with a car and a few dollars he closed bank account without telling me. Hasn't even checked. Anyway my dr knowing how I am on medicine tried and tried finally hit on Viibryd. Worked from the beginning. It is wonderful. Makes the ghost that hit in the afternoon go away. If its bad I take half a xanax with it. I never would have thought something would ever work on me. Thank you."

CiCi (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 21, 2018

For Major Depressive Disorder "The best thing that ever happened for my anxiety and depression. I’ve tried so many SSRIs and SNRI and other drug classes and nothing worked like Viibryd. It was a life changer for sure."

Mo April 7, 2018

For Depression "This drug is terrifying. I took it for 2 days and woke up the second day with uncontrollable leg shakes - had to take Xanax immediately and was late to work because I had to wait until the Xanax kicked in. Will never use this drug again- made my anxiety through the roof and was jumping out of my skin. Be careful!"

tszul (taken for less than 1 month) March 15, 2018

For Major Depressive Disorder "My update...I have now been on Viibryd for about 5 months. Had anger/ anxiety until I added a low dose of Cymbalta. This has been a perfect combination! I’ve had NO depression/ suicidal thoughts AT ALL which is amazing for me. Have since joined a health club, work out, interested in activities, hobbies. Have even wondered if I could work once again for the first time in 8 years. I still do have a fear of going down hill once again as I have long history of severe depression/ suicides. I pray that I can remain as well as I feel now. Thanks to Viibryd."

DbLH (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 2, 2018

For Depression "It actually worked quite well for me I noticed a huge difference in my attitude and my mood a whole lot less anger but it's very expensive and they would no longer give me samples at the doctor's so unfortunately I had to get off of this medication but it was the only one that has worked and we have tried them all"

Lj mountain (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 31, 2018

For Major Depressive Disorder "Saved my life. After being on Effexor XL 300 mg per day for 7 years and it was stopped abruptly due to tachycardia and increased depression, my physician started Viibryd. The withdrawals from Effexor were horrific. It took many weeks to withdrawal (and I believe I still am having some long term side effects even after 2 years) and many meds before Viibryd was started. I now take Viibryd 40mg at night and 20 in the morning along with a probiotic that has helped The expense of the Name brand only med right now, is worth every penny because you cant put a price on your life. I am alive and mentally better than I have been in 10 years. Thank you"

Alive! January 14, 2018

For Depression "I have been taking Viibryd for years and it has changed my life for the better. I tried many other antidepressants in the past that did nothing for me. I used to sleep all the time. Day after day of just hiding and sleeping. I now have energy. I don't spend my days in bed I am out doing things and enjoying myself. It does have some side effects for me but the joy I get out of living is outweighed by them. I wish I could have found this sooner as it has given me back my life!"

Graciecj January 4, 2018

For Depression "Have had depression for years. Also bipolar. Have been on just about everything and it always stops working or just does not work. Viibryd worked for about 8 months then just stopped working. It made me emotionless. I don’t even know what or how to feel. Did not really have any other bad side effects. Am now weaning off. Have had 2 episodes of loud explosions and a few bad dreams but nothing unbearable. I really want off this med. I just want my emotions back. Oh yes. Have had hair loss. Not happy about that. Did lose 40 lb but that’s because of keto the last year. I just think this med will work for some people and will just STOP working for some people but It did not prove to be effective for me. And what will it do long term."

?73.,!$&&.: (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 2, 2018

For Depression "I have had treatment resistant depression (MDD) for over 18 years. I was suicidal for a large part of my life and tried to take kill myself on numerous occasions. I am 30 years old with a strong genetic predisposition to depression. Lithium had helped with the Suicidal Idealistation but it wore off over time. Viibryd has literally changed my life! Within a few months I felt like a new person and 8 months later, I am still doing very well. I haven't experienced a suicidal thought for over 7 months and I had never gone more than a few weeks. This break in the depression has given me a chance to truly utlitize my therapy. Even if it doesn't last forever, I'm incredibly thankful for this break. If you have Treatment Resistant Depression and Suicidal Idealisation, definitely try this one."

Jen6453 December 28, 2017

For Depression "I’ve only been on Viibryd for two weeks, but I can already tell a HUGE difference in my mood and motivation to do things. I recently came off Bupropion, which made me angry and irritable all the time, so I knew I had to make a change. My doctor gave me many samples of Viibryd because it is an expensive drug, so make sure to snag as many samples as you can unless you just have amazing insurance that will cover its cost. I also have crippling anxiety, and I can see that Viibryd has really taken the edge off. I can’t ask much more from a drug! I have tried all the major SSRIs over the years, but Viibryd is the only one to change my life for the better."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) December 24, 2017

For Depression "I threw up violently just hours after taking my first dose (with food), had a headache and felt tired. I can safely say I won't be taking a second dose."

Clairemobucho December 19, 2017

For Depression "So, this medicine didn't do anything for me. It was new to the market and the first antidepressant my doctor ever put me on. I don't recall any crazy side effects, I just didn't feel that it worked at all. That was when I was 18. I'm 23 now and it may have changed. Just always listen to your gut instinct."

Merebearrrrr December 7, 2017