User Reviews for Viibryd

Major Depressive Disorder
5.9

Summary of Viibryd reviews 6.4 605 reviews

Reviews for Viibryd

For Depression "Prozac worked for me. 25 years later a new doc started me on Viibryd 4 months ago. 10 mg, then 20, now 40. From the start I’ve had incredible rage episodes, many times hammering myself in the head with fists or open hands, trying to relieve the rage. Alternatively bursting into tears. Cussing like crazy (THIS IS NOT ME!!) Driving recklessly. Doc wants to hand me over to psychiatrist to manage medication rather than switch back to Prozac. I see the psychiatrist in 35 hours. Hanging on by a thread."

Sick (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 7, 2019

For Depression "Been on Viibryd for severe anxiety and depression for 13 days its made everything worse. I have suicidal ideations and it has made me feel drunk, like nauseated and can't stand up type drunk. (Not silly happy feeling good kind of drunk) I am experiencing severe vertigo as well."

Themonsterunderthebed (taken for less than 1 month) April 4, 2019

For Depression "Viibryd gave me energy that I hadn't felt in years! Instead of sleeping all day, I could be up at 7am fully rested and energetic. As far as depression and anxiety go, it helped me more than any of the other meds I have tried (Prozac, cymbalta, Lexapro, paxil, etc). HOWEVER it completely annihilated my stomach. Unreal acid reflux, bloating, and nausea that I thought would go away within two weeks, but persisted, eventually leading to peptic ulcer. Super unfortunate that I had to stop"

Em (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 3, 2019

For Depression "Was taking 20 mg of Trintellix and loved it besides stomach aches. For whatever reason I asked to switch. My doctor decided Viibryd was the one and let me tell you it was NOT. Explosive diarrhea and when I say explosive I mean you better not leave your house. Terrible insomnia, and when I did sleep I had insane dreams. The worst side effect was super high heart rate and BP. I woke up in the middle of the night and had my husband take my BP, it was 173/98 with a resting heart rate of 123. This sent me to the ER then to a cardiologist... that was my average BP and HR for the following three weeks until it was out of my system. Now I am back on Trentellix and the occasional stomach ache is a dream compared to that nightmare."

Kit (taken for less than 1 month) March 28, 2019

For Depression "Viibryd has worked the most of any medication I've ever taken. It's helped for GAD, depression, and most surprisingly social anxiety. I have virtually no symptoms and I can hardly believe it. Side effects are few, weight neutral, sexual function quite good with perhaps a bit of a delayed orgasm but tolerable for sure."

ga8314 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 28, 2019

For Depression "Viibryd is my first experience in treating my mental health through medication. I've never even tried a Xanax or anything and I'm 27. I wish this would have worked out. I cannot explain how quickly it lifted the entire fog of depression and anxiety from my life. I felt a renewed sense of purpose and the best I've felt in two years. I had side effects for the first week and a half- headaches and nausea, nothing sexual at all- all of which faded quickly. But the insomnia was crushing. I slept exactly 4 hours every single night. I even maintained my usual schedule of running 3-5 miles per day and eating healthy, but like clockwork, my body would snap awake after 4 hours of sleep with almost no chance at falling back. I am a 7-9 hour sleeper. More than once, I found myself chugging wine from the bottle at 4 AM and ripping my CBD pen to get back to sleep, all while crying out of frustration. My doctor just switched me to Trintellix, so here's to hoping that alleviates it."

Hopeful_in_PHL March 21, 2019

For Major Depressive Disorder "Started on Viibryd because trintellix was too intense. It took about a month on 20mg and I felt better and more motivated than I have felt in 10 years. However I was having trouble sleeping and having hot flashes and terrible constipation and just not feeling good in these ways. I ended up going off of Viibryd and back on effexor for a while. When I start to get depressed again I will go back on Viibryd for awhile and I think I will have to switch back and forth. Sometimes you have to do what you feel is right for you."

Mjtoledo (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 20, 2019

For Depression "I suffer from severe generalized anxiety disorder with panic and I’ve spent over a year trying to find the right medication that would work for me and relieve my symptoms. All I can say is that I am so thankful for Viibryd. It’s the only medication to finally work. I had very little side effects when starting and I feel like myself again. I’ll probably have to take this medication until I die but I’m ok with that-there is NO SHAME in asking for help and taking something your brain may need. I’m forever thankful that I found something that alleviates my severe anxiety and panic. This changed my life as well as saved my life from severe suffering of anxiety and panic."

Happy (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 10, 2019

For Depression "Took it for 3 months on 20mg. Was foggy since day 1, anxiety was through the roof, panic attacks, derealization, reality was dream like, vision highly affected, everything seemed darker, hypersensitivity to light and sound, constipation, racing negative thoughts. I did not like this drug at all."

Jen (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 3, 2019

For Major Depressive Disorder "took viibryd 10mg for 5 days they hurt my colon"

hootie (taken for less than 1 month) March 1, 2019

For Depression "Diarrhea, diarrhea, diarrhea....gas and terrible stomach cramps...nausea....brain zaps...insomnia....I will not be continuing this medicine."

Kallie (taken for less than 1 month) February 25, 2019

For Major Depressive Disorder "Amazing! Within 8 days of starting Viibryd I was almost depression free for the first time in over 1 year! I did have trouble with nausea and overheating but I finally feel like myself again."

Sandra (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 22, 2019

For Major Depressive Disorder "Absolutely dreadful I’ve been taking it for several days and my anxiety is ten times worse, my depression is no better, and I can barely function. I’m breaking down daily, have this awful feeling everyone is out to get me, and my terrible doctor had the nerve to say I should continue it to see how it goes. My insurance wouldn’t even cover this FDA-approved bath salt pills so that should’ve been my first clue it wasn’t worth my time. The medication and her are getting tossed out."

aliceinward7 (taken for less than 1 month) February 6, 2019

For Depression "Took Lexapro 20 mg for 7 months for situational anxiety and depression (wife had 1.5 year affair after 17 years of marriage). Lexapro helped, but still had generalized anxiety, difficulty focusing, and sexual side effects. Got switched to Viibryd 10 mg 4 days ago. After 2 to 3 days, I noticed significant improvement in mood. Felt more like my pre-affair, pre-anxiety self. No more ruminating, much less “fight or flight.” Only slight reduction in sexual side effects So far. Notice need less sleep, but not exhausted. Hope that doesn’t turn into insomnia, we’ll see. Slightly looser stools, but not diarrhea Overall, a big improvement over Lexapro."

Beginner999 (taken for less than 1 month) February 6, 2019

For Major Depressive Disorder "After 20 years of depression, numerous hospitalizations, and several antidepressants, I was finally given Viibryd. I have never felt so good in my life. This medicine has worked miracles for me. My family can’t believe how well I’m doing. My kids are literally in shock. For many years, I struggled with racing thoughts and anxiety. Now, I’m able to live a normal life. Between this medicine and many prayers, I am now living a normal, productive life."

Sue (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 3, 2019

For Depression "I just recently started this medication so I do not have much to say about improvement, but I do want to say that (for me) the side-effects upon starting are much more mild than they were with any of the other 5 meds I've tried. I just don't want people to read these reviews and be scared away by the side-effects. I felt pretty crappy for 2 days - kind of like a stomach flu - my doctor decreased my dose to 10mg for 4 days then increased to 20mg which took care of all side-effects. No night terrors, sweats, no increased anxiety or decreased mood upon starting. My pharmacist said not to cut the pills in half, but my psychiatrist and family doctor agreed that it shouldn't be an issue, and it wasn't for me. If you're having side-effects upon starting I suggest you reduce the dose to half for a few days."

Dno (taken for less than 1 month) January 26, 2019

For Depression "Horrible. Only used I took it for 2 days then stopped. It made me nauseous, anxious , antsy , and I could not sleep what so ever will not be taking again"

B January 13, 2019

For Major Depressive Disorder "I had high hopes for this medication as it came up in my GeneSight test as one that would be a good fit for me. I started at 5mg and had the most horrific nightmares the first night. I talked to my Dr and she said to continue, but to cut the dosage in half. The nightmares stopped, but the other side effects of nausea, gas, loose stool, sweating and drowsiness started. My depression is much less intense after four days, but I am dizzy and spaced out a bit, especially first thing in the morning. Last night I was so warm I slept in a light blanket with the window cracked and a fan on and it’s December in MI. I also woke several times in the night feeling nauseous even though I take the medication with a very full meal. Initially, I’m so bummed, but maybe things will level out. I’m willing to give up a lot of things to get rid of this depression, but maybe this medication is just too strong for me."

Botero’s_mom December 21, 2018

For Major Depressive Disorder "Viibryd is working great for depression and anxiety! Physically I’m having bad trouble with diarrhea and stomach aches. I’ve only been on it a week so I’m hoping these physical symptoms will diminish. I will put up with these physical symptoms hopefully for a long time because viibryd is so effective . Has anyone experienced this?"

Solo1 (taken for less than 1 month) December 19, 2018

For Major Depressive Disorder "I am up to 40mg per day now and something strange is going on. I am feeling waves of electricity zap in my head like mini seizures. I never had a sensation like this before and I have tried many over the past 20 years. I even feel like I might fall down. I even did the genetic testing to see which drugs worked better for specially me. I don't know...but if this is a side effect then how long do I have to endure it?? I think I will go back and try Latuda. It seemed to smooth things out for me. PS. BY THE WAY...YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO TAKE THIS WITH FOOD "

Bob December 4, 2018

For Depression "I have been on viibryd for about 15 days and I came off of wellbutrin (which my doctor had me taper down off of and I had no side effects when doing which was wonderful. I can tell a difference since I have been taking it. I started with 10 mgs then 20 mgs and I got my 1st refill and my insurance wanted to charge me $75 which is way to high to be paying so i used the discount cards my doctor gave me and only paid $10 for it. I feel great just been keeping to myself because I'm a very outspoken person and this has really helped me and i just love it. I think I'll be going up to the 40 mgs next month. Haven't been really hungry either which is a plus. It does curb my appetite. I recommend this to anyone in need for fighting depression there are some side effects that I have had but nothing worth getting worried over."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) December 4, 2018

For Major Depressive Disorder "This drug was horrible for me. After taking prozac for 3 years and building a tolerance to it, I needed a change. So my doctor suggested viibryd, which sounded great. Immediately after starting it, I had horrible stomach aches every single day. After only 3 days on this drug, I spent 2 days uncontrollably vomiting, and having diarrhea for the whole entire next week. My lips would bruise and my arms and legs would get random bruises. I got horrible headaches and my mind always felt foggy. My anxiety seemed worse, and my depression was hardly any better. It took me hours to fall asleep at night, only to wake up repeatedly throughout the night. After about 3 weeks on the drug my doctor agreed to switch. I would not recommend it."

abbyg (taken for less than 1 month) December 1, 2018

For Depression "Taking this drug was the equivalent of being unmedicated. My mood declined, anxiety was up. Its the same thing as the last time I cold turkeyed a SSRI and stayed off for 8 weeks, except I was taking an expensive pill."

dpants (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 28, 2018

For Depression "I was on this medication to help with anxiety and depression. Within the first week I went to being very angry, heart racing, and huge mood swings. I wouldn’t recommend this drug. I got off of it right away with my friends and husband would tell me how different I was. I have tried 3 different meds and this one was by far the worst."

Emma (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 26, 2018

For Depression "Didn't notice any benefits after 8 weeks at 20mg. Viibryd did cause me to have anger and rage attacks. I was on Lexapro for 16 years prior to switching to Viibrid. Lexapro used to work wonderfully! Doctor is now switching me to Prozac. "

Dot (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 15, 2018