User Reviews for Viibryd (Page 3)

Learn more about Viibryd.

Depression 380 reviews 79 medications

6.8
Major Depressive Disorder 67 reviews 46 medications

6.6
Summary of Viibryd reviews 447 reviews 6.7

Reviews for Viibryd

For Major Depressive Disorder "Was on for 3 weeks, 10mg, until the nightmares and sleep got so bad I had to stop. Was so bad I was having to take upwards of 1.5mg of Klonopin just to sleep and still didn't seem to help at all. Seemed to help with anxiety but the affects on my sleep were counteracting any help it was having for the anxiety. I've always had issues with my sleep but this definitely made them worse. Seriously the nightmares were intense and strange. Like dreams within dreams, gory sometimes, but almost always sad and frustrating. Might be the ticket for others, but not me. On lamictal now and seem to be doing much better (after 2 year trials of all kinds of SSRI's and SNRIs that only helped a little in some ways or totally messed me up)."

brett84 (taken for less than 1 month) October 12, 2015

For Depression "I love this drug, but it is not for the casual or lazy user. I find I must take it at nearly the same time every day or I get side effects. I take it first thing in the morning, and I avoid the sleepies by doing something semi active for a short time. Also, never take this before bed... It can cause sleeplessness and nightmares. I take lanzaprozole at the same time for GERD, so avoid any stomach upsets. The nightmares went away after about 4 weeks from starting. I feel so normal now-- energy level has returned and the blues are gone!"

Rural Mom October 9, 2015

For Depression "I think it has made me extremely tired and it's hard for me to sleep at night."

Lex5688765 October 3, 2015

For Depression "Got a "starter pack" from my doctor and after day 10 (20 mg), %u2014 on advice of my doctor %u2014 I cut a 20 mg tablet in half for my day 11 dose. I have had TERRIBLE side effects and most definitely want to discontinue this drug."

TheoD October 2, 2015

For Major Depressive Disorder "I started this medication via a sample pack about two months ago. I went up to 20mg. My Doctor thought that I should stay on it longer even though I felt it was doing nothing for me. Now, after two months I have started having lower abdominal pain which turns into discomfort and pain again. My bowels are all over the chart from the diarrhea to very slight constipation. There is no rhyme or reason. I also now have very uncomfortable boating. I have a feeling of fullness in my lower abdomen, and had an ultra sound done by my OBGYN to se if I was having issues with my ovaries or uterus and that came back clean and clear. I also have random nausea. Sometimes early in the day, other times later on at night."

hwhite39 (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 30, 2015

For Depression "Viibryd is working well for me. I changed from celexa to this drug due to not being effective anymore. Initially it did give GI issues for about 4-5 days but then eventually went away. Viibryd does has the least sexual side effects than the others. My dreams are pretty vivid with occasional well, I say not so pleasant dreams. I went up to 40mg along with 300mg Lamitcal and 30mg Nortriptyline. The Viibryd makes me a lot less sleepy than the celexa did. So far all is well."

bamakc34 (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 29, 2015

For Depression "I noticed more ambition and happiness within a few days. The main side effects I've noticed is sleepiness, and nightmares. I have started taking it at night to avoid sleeping all day, and after a month on 40mg, the nightmares are getting better."

bcsurvivorx2 September 21, 2015

For Major Depressive Disorder "I'm 16 years old and I hav been on several anxiety/depression medications including prozac, zoloft, lexapro, propranolol, klonpin,etc I take 40mg once a day and this is the first medication that actually works for me. All of the other ones made me suicidal or more depressed. I can defintely tell when I miss a dose of viibryd I get sad and very emotional. I've been taking viibryd for about 8 months. I have gained 15 pounds but I don't know if that is because of the medicine or not. It really bothers me though. i have less of an appetite and sleep way too much, sometimes 4 naps a day. I fall asleep during school I'm super emotional I easily get annoyed, sad, angry. I cry alot . I have no idea if any of these are side effects of the meds or not"

Moriahmorgh September 19, 2015

For Depression "Was only on 5mg dose for a month. Made my body have tingling sensations. Could not sleep at all after a week on it and trying to sleep I would experience hallucinations. It never helped with my anxiety/depression. Only made me feel "weird.""

A-A-S September 17, 2015

For Depression "I have taken Zoloft for a while but I was packing on the pounds and noticed I was getting kind of irritable when I'm normally very laid back. Doc gave me 2 sample packs of Viibryd to try. 10mg I had some stomach upset (mostly diarrhea) and an INTENSE craving for sweets/carbs. These went away eventually. Then up to the 20mg. I found that I had zero appetite and literally had to force myself to eat. Normally I'd be happy about this but my mood became so dark (weeping/angry). I got to the point where I couldn't handle it anymore and had to stop. Hopefully it works better for you all! Good luck! :)"

Ghostmama (taken for less than 1 month) September 12, 2015

For Depression "This is the only antidepressant that has worked to help my depression. Others have helped with anxiety, but not for depression. The side effects are as listed, but are manageable and, in my case, have gone away two weeks into 40mg titration."

Penaluny (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 11, 2015

For Major Depressive Disorder "I have been on numerous anti-depressants for 12 years, including combinations of Zoloft and Wellbutrin, Cymbalta, Lexapro, Prozac and many others. I also suffer from severe anxiety and have panic attacks. I used to HAVE to take at least 2 anti-depressants to keep my depression at bay and it seemed they would only work for about 18-24 months before the combination stopped working. I began Viibryd right after it came on the market because I needed my sex life back. Both my Psychiatrist and I were skeptical, but I have been on 20 mg Viibryd for 3 years now and have never felt better, happier or more optimistic. I can have orgasms now, too! it has changed my life."

Roberta1971 September 7, 2015

75 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Depression "This has worked for my depression/ anxiety. I take it at night as it makes me feel sleepy. It does make me nauseous which is my biggest issue. Missing a dose or two makes me feel like I'm going crazy. I've been on this for three years."

Happierthanbefore September 6, 2015

For Major Depressive Disorder "I have been on lexapro and abilify for several years. The combination of the both were not helping. When I started taking viibryd I had your typical side effects but they went away and I have been on it three months and have felt better then ever. The only problem I have had is nightmares when I accidentally miss a dose ..anybody else have that?"

Yaya2010 September 6, 2015

For Major Depressive Disorder "I started on 10mg for 7 days and was feeling less reactive and calm. Started 20mg and 3 days in was spiraling into deep depression, agitation, irritability, crying, not sleeping more than 2 hours at a time, shock like sensations down my right arm with my middle finger going completely numb, and headaches in back of head . I already have IBS so I expected GI distress. Nausea for 3 days along with severe diarrhea for about 2 weeks. Diarrhea is intermittent now. I am waiting to hear from my doc about reducing dose to 10mg again. I think that might be my ticket. Good luck to all!!"

Purified132 (taken for less than 1 month) August 31, 2015

For Major Depressive Disorder "For first week on 10mg, had brain zaps, diarrhea, tingling on extremities, and some nausea, insomnia. Almost discontinued taking drug. However, after a week, most side effects improved, Now on 20mg per MD recommendation, only have insomnia and some leg cramps now, slight weight gain but not much. Mood improved and bonus is that my sexual function has improved for the first time in 10 years. Based on my experience so far, would recommend if you are willing to tolerate side effects for several weeks when beginning drug."

DKMDD August 28, 2015

For Major Depressive Disorder "Positive response within a week. 20mg was sufficient during the spring and summer seasons. Sexual side effects are minimal and virtually disappear once used to the medication after the last dose increase. Insomnia at first, but with time this side effect has gone away. Very satisfied."

Bashan (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 27, 2015

For Major Depressive Disorder "I created an account to soley rate this medicine. The medications that my general doctor were perscribing werent doing the trick, so I was sent to a psychiatrist who gave me viibryd. My insurance didn't cover much, I had to pay $80 for one month of dosage. At that point in my life I was so desprate and it felt like I running out of options, so I gave it a try. I was on Viibyd for about 6 months with absolutely no change. I was irritated all the time, my anixety flew off the charts. Doc told me to try to stick with it. Finally one day I quit cold turkey and felt no side effects, no withdrawls. It's good to see some positive reviews from others though!"

amberkins (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 24, 2015

For Major Depressive Disorder "I've been on antidepressants since the age of 12. I'm 53 now. I also have fibromyalgia. I was on Cymbalta. Due to cost my doc gave me a sample pack of Viibryd. 2 days and I'm in incredible fibro pain, along with severe diarrhea. Not good on my hemorrhoids. Not sure I'll stay on this one."

cyncat August 17, 2015

For Depression "I've been on 40mg for two years.. This drug saved my life it works wonderful for me.. I don't mind paying the high price to feel great.."

CCC72139 August 15, 2015

For Major Depressive Disorder "Went from 90mg of cymbalta abruptly to 40mg viibryd. Went into cote bipolar.manic episode. So far this medication isn't feelING like it's doing anything for my but giving my diarrhea and making me starve and stuff my face with everything. Im already fat so this isn't good. I have brain fog, depression and anger. I'd say it's not working"

..... August 15, 2015

For Major Depressive Disorder "I've been on several different antidepressants over the past 18 years but I must say that I've felt the best being on Viibryd. In the beginning of it I did suffer with diarrhea for approximately 6 weeks. The only two complaints I have with it is that I have a decreased sex drive and I've gained almost 45 lbs over a 1.5 years."

Country Gal August 15, 2015

For Major Depressive Disorder "Viibryd is pretty great. It is strong yet subtle. I've tried every antidepressant (SSRI/SNRI/SSNRI) and it is the only one that works well for me. I am having virtually no side effects except for tiredness but it has been getting better. I had diarrhea for the first weak but it was tolerable. It doesn't dull my emotions. It makes me feel normal and stable! Great medication for me and the only SSRI type medication that works. Maybe this has to do with it being a partial serotonin agonist as well as being a serontin reuptake inhibitor."

Keebles August 12, 2015

For Depression "I've been on 40 mg viibryd for 8 mos. Not too many side effects..e.g. no dry mouth, no nightmares, no high anxieties. A little insomnia requiring Benadryl. I had severe diarrhea until about a week ago but it was semi-controllable with Imodium. I feel functional but still have 2-3 day periods of depression which are difficult to wade through so it has not kept me completely stable. Missing 1 dose sends me way down within 2 days....change is very abrupt so I know the drug is working. Day-to-day energy level only so-so on Viibryd but I think my logical thinking has improved and words are not as difficult to find as when I was on other meds. This is huge for me. I'd like a little more stability but for now the plusses >negatives for Viibyd"

VonnieB August 12, 2015

For Depression "I had an increase in energy as compared to the Lexapro I was taking before this. I am struggling with periodic diarrhea, ongoing severe migraines and some stomach distress."

KCKS August 7, 2015