User Reviews for Viibryd (Page 3)

Learn more about Viibryd.

Depression 415 reviews 79 medications

6.7
Major Depressive Disorder 99 reviews 46 medications

6.1
Summary of Viibryd reviews 514 reviews 6.4

Reviews for Viibryd

For Depression "Terrible and cant get off these. Blurried vision,have to close eyes. Dizzy and not yourself."

Jemmy80 December 12, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Major Depressive Disorder "Started taking it over the summer on a starter pack. I hate eating, and if you don't eat with this med, you're going downhill. Nausea, vomiting, major headaches, and more black and white BPD symptoms than without. Was placed on Deplin with it, but felt sick all the time. Haven't been back since school started due to other things, and in all honesty, the meds made it hard. Everything was elevated. Nightmares were worse. Little day to day events, terrible. A simple manic episode that I was used to? 12 times higher. Really disliked it."

RMR08 (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 12, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Major Depressive Disorder "I started taking this in May of 2016. I started taking this at 20 years olds and turned 21 recently. It's really been quite awful experience over all. I've had major depression for most of my life but I've never actually tried to act on my suicidal thoughts before this medicine. The highs and lows of my mood swings are way more dramatic and frequent. The longer I take it the harder it is to be without it. I've had hallucinations and this horrible electric noise that rattles my head. It feels like a pendulum swinging from ear to ear. I was awake for 25 hours straight were I didn't eat anything or get out of bed. If I manage to take it correctly all the time I don't have to deal with the withdrawal and my depression is not as suffocating..."

RoseFalles December 11, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Major Depressive Disorder "This medication is terrrible. Right away I was experiencing nausea every day. I had blurred vision and I felt like I couldn't think very well. My brain was all foggy. I craved sweets and carbs all the time. I took it for a month and gained about 15 pounds. I also had the most extreme horrible vivid nightmares where I was afraid to close my eyes and sometimes I felt like I couldn't wake up. I woke up covered in sweat with a racing heart frightened. I also got brain zaps where it felt like my brain was being electrocuted for a second I feel like I turned into a monster on this drug. I was filled with so much rage and anger and I hated everyone and everything. I would have times that I just broke down crying uncontrollably. So i switched"

kimmyg8 (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 10, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Major Depressive Disorder "I started taking this medication for major depression and anxiety. The first month was great I was sleeping well and I was very happy and wasn't stressed then it all turned. I began to have vivid nightmares that I woke crying and screaming. I started having trouble staying asleep not just from the nightmares but I couldn't bring myself to sleep. I stopped taking the meds and talked to my psychiatrist about my concerns I told her I didn't take the meds everyday at the same time so she told me to try it again. I started a strick time regimen. I started having dizzy spells, started hallucinating, nightmares again, I would get weak and Shakey. I took sleep meds still no sleep. I still had depression. It was horrible."

Unnamed101 December 3, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Major Depressive Disorder "Was on Viibryd 40mg and didn't see a positive change until 8 weeks into it. I got depressed/anxious after one month and they increased the dose to 60mg. I got depressed/anxious again after about another month. Just doesn't work. Never truly felt back to normal or that sense of well being. WAY too expensive. One positive thing is that it didn't make me feel sleepy compared to all the others (Lexapro, Celexa, Prozac)."

Ghostbuster mommy (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 16, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Major Depressive Disorder "I started viibryd for anxiety disorders, major depressive disorder and paranoia. I have been taking it for 9 days (the starter pack). Now on 20 mg. It seems to be working great for my depression, paranoia and I don't get irritated like I used to. My outlook on life has changed dramatically. Happier and still able to achieve orgasm, unlike other antidepressants. I take Ativan at night for sleep and anxiety, so I have not had any nightmares. The only downfall with viibryd is my back and neck are very tense and achey. Diarrhea first few days but it goes away. Has anybody else experienced muscle aches/tension? If so please let me know."

Mentallystablemommynow (taken for less than 1 month) November 15, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Depression "The first four days I was almost euphoric then it was like the bottom dropped out and depression worse that when I started the medication set in. I have stopped taking it."

3421 November 5, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Major Depressive Disorder "I have taken 20 mg of Viibryd for 4 years and it has been the single best antidepressant I have ever taken. I have taken Zoloft, Prozac, Lexapro, Cymbalta, Wellbutrin and Effexor. All of them caused major weight gain (especially Zoloft) & none of them continued to work after about 12-18 months. Viibryd saved my marriage; I am able to easily achieve orgasm. While the other medicines made me numb and interfered with my sleep, Viibryd has allowed me to feel, but also to cope. I am only writing this today because I may need to finally go up to 40 mg. But it worked like a charm for 4 years, even through incredibly intense, life changing stressful events. This drug has been a life saver for me."

Sarah1138 (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 17, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Major Depressive Disorder "I tried to go off this drug after undergoing TMS treatment, but I could not. It is as addictive as heroin. I needed to go onto Wellbutrin and Prozac to bridge over and taper off the Viibryd over a period of several weeks and the withdrawal syptoms were awful."

BouvMom (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 4, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Major Depressive Disorder "Was on Celexa but came off because of horrible side effects such as lack of focus, and EXTREME memory loss. I suffered in class because of this, I could not retain anything I learned and it didn't make me feel happy, just numb. I stopped it a few years ago. Started 10mg Viibryd a couple months ago and I feel happier, more focused and more ambitious than ever, I use it along side Vistaril for anxiety and Its incredible. For how bad of a rep it gets, its been a life changer for me. I am doing amazing in school now and I just generally feel right all the time now. Occasional brain zaps at night but they are infrequent. The payoff of this medicine is just too great to let a couple minor side effects stop me from taking it."

This gave me my life back. (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 21, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Depression "Have completed 1 month on viibryd, but no change in mood. This weekend I will go from 20mg to 40. I was on highest doses of Lexapro, then Effexor, so might need 40 b/f seeing change. I've come this far, so I'll stick it out and see what happens. Have had vivid, detailed dreams every night, but no nightmares. Did forget to take med 1 morning and had terrible day at work--extreme irritability, even anger. Took med when got home, and next day back to normal. Also experienced increased depression & sadness when took med too late 1 Saturday. Whole time on med, have eaten less, but only feel like eating salty, sweet, and/or high fat foods. No interest in salad or veggies, which I normally eat. Hopefully that will change."

Sea Girl (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 19, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Major Depressive Disorder "I have been on this for over 2 months. On max. Dosage. Nothing. Has not helped with my depression at all. Going to call my Doctor today."

Engineer 1 September 13, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Major Depressive Disorder "It help me a little bit but the side effect was so bad, I was having night terror/sleep paralysis. I thought at first I was going crazy or our house was haunted until we moved and realized that it's this medicine, as soon as I stopped, no more night terror. I will never take this medicine ever again. I was so scared to go to sleep for months because of this medicine."

Really Depressed September 8, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Major Depressive Disorder "6 years now and nothing has worked until Viibryd. I've been off and on meds for 20 years, but this last bout of depression was about killing me. It's been two months and I'm doing great!"

NicoleCattin1 August 31, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Depression "End of Viibryd week 1 was starting to feel normal, then began week 2 at 20mg. More nausea (Ondancetron med really helps at work), no headaches this week. New symptom of gritty feeling in eyes--think it is dry eyes, so bought some good tear drops and seems a lot better now, will keep using. I switched over cold turkey from 40mg Lexapro. When starting any new antidepressant, I always take it on the weekend, NEVER during the workweek. It might make you sleep all day or be "out of it," but that's usually just an adjustment period you have to go thru. Too bad doctors don't always let patients know what to expect."

Sea Girl (taken for less than 1 month) August 31, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Depression "I honestly don't like this medication very much. I just started it previously and I am experiencing extreme drowsiness and although it is a common side effect it is not normal to the point where I zone in and out like I'm as high as a kite."

KJMorgan August 30, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Major Depressive Disorder "Im 37 y/o female and was prescribed this after a suicide attempt. Took just a few days but I feel the best that I have in a very long time. I can't tell you the last time I had the energy, enthusiasm, or Clarity that I have now. I've been on so many different antidepressants & anti-anxiety medications that I've lost track of what all I have been on. Best medication in combination with 5 milligrams of Abilify!!! I feel like I am getting my life back. I truly feel like my life has been saved. I did have loose bowels off and on the first two weeks, but now on week 3 it is getting better. My guess is, like any other antidepressant, some people respond in a positive way, and others respond in a negative way. Nature of the beast of depression!"

Mt dew queen August 30, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Depression "I've successfully taken Lexapro, also Effexor, and Wellbutrin w/each (did not gain weight on either of these) for last 15 years. Tried Cymbalta--did not help depression & gave me nightmares. Now on day 7 of taking Viibryd. First 4-5 days had nausea & constant mild headache. Did have a few instances while driving of "when did I switch to this lane?" Last night had first strange, vivid dream. Yesterday felt a little bloated, but things going ok so far. I know all antidepressants have an adjustment period w/side effects. It's interesting to see how same drug effects people so differently. Not sure if depression is getting better, but wouldn't know yet b/c work extremely stressful last 5 weeks, so we'll see as work winds down--I'm very hopeful!"

Sea Girl (taken for less than 1 month) August 26, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Major Depressive Disorder "I have suffered from major depression since my 20's, I am now 50, I have taken every antidepressant I think possible, since I have started taking Viibryd I feel human, I have more mind clarity,energy and generalized feeling of happiness. I laugh and talk a lot more! I feel like someone turned the positive switch on in my brain, it's like the sky is bluer, trees are greener, etc! I started taking this medicine after my sister told me she had started taking it and how wonderful she was feeling. I have had absolutely no side effects except eating more but that could be because I have an appetite now.I am taking 20mg right now and have been taking it for several months. I feel like this is a miracle drug and is exactly what I have always neede"

Kandiey August 16, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Major Depressive Disorder "This is an awful medication. Horrible diarrhea. Horrible crazy off the wall nightmares. Can't tell whats real and what isn't. I saw my mom and she's been gone for five years.. This pill makes me feel like I'm on speed. Crazy speed. I've never in my life felt so bad, and so scared. "

tina mccreery (taken for less than 1 month) August 5, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Depression "This is horrible stuff! I did the gradual dosage-increase starter pack. It was somewhat effective early on, but then it turned bad. I started to have vivid lucid dreams. Kinda cool, but some were quite unpleasant. During the 40mg stage, I involutarily jizzed my pants while at work! How unsettling! I ran out of Viibryd accidentally & went a day without it. BAD brain zaps came in waves, I felt like I was going to jump out of my skin. That part was terrible! I drove to my doctor & immed asked to go back to my former medication. They ordered that to be refilled, but I couldn't wait the few hours. I had intense malaise & I was super itchy all over like a crackhead. I practically begged for one last Viibryd. The withdrawl was bad! Potent stuff."

SumYungGuy (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 3, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Major Depressive Disorder "I've suffered from major depression for over 20 years and been on and off every medication. Today I am switching from Celexa to Vibryd and continuing on Wellbutrin along with that. Praying for some relief....so tired of this daily struggle."

Kcz (taken for less than 1 month) July 30, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Depression "Dr. Prescribed several antidepressants before trying Viibryd. Major difference once I was in a routine. Took care of about 90% of my depression/anxiety. Been on it for four plus years."

Navet72 (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 25, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Depression "I have mixed feelings about viibryd. I'm switching off of it now, after about a year on it. I found that I did help, but seemed to make me more anxious at first. I didn't have any other side effects. After being on it for a while, I noticed if I was even a couple hours late on my dose, I would be a complete mess--crying, panicking, just feeling terrible. I've never had such a strong reaction to just being late on taking a medication. I'm not even talking about missing a full day. This is the main reason why I wanted to get off of viibryd. I stayed on it for fear of withdrawal symptoms and my depression and anxiety worsened. Currently taking celexa and today is my first day with no viibyrid."

AnxietyTeacher (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 12, 2016