User Reviews for Viibryd (Page 2)

Learn more about Viibryd.

Depression 380 reviews 79 medications

6.8
Major Depressive Disorder 67 reviews 46 medications

6.6
Summary of Viibryd reviews 447 reviews 6.7

Reviews for Viibryd

For Major Depressive Disorder "Suicidal early 20s-previous control found with counseling, Zoloft, Effexor, no other drugs giving much or lengthy control of disease. About 2 yrs ago began Viibryd-quickly brought up to 40 mg dose. Still have dry mouth and some diarrhea (so bad at first it actually turned into IBS for me) and continue with daily headaches and queasiness, though no weight gain as others reported. Last 5-6 months have noticed sharp increase in sudden unexpected crying with no ability to stop, and now more aggressive feelings and an increase in suicidal ideation which I have not had for many years. Very surprising and frightening after all this time (40 years since diagnosis). Will wean off this drug soon when/if I can find a Dr to address these issues"

VonnieB (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 22, 2016

For Major Depressive Disorder "I began taking Viibryd at the suggestion of my doc to use in addition to bupropion. After having been prescribed different antidepressants, the one drug that seemed to work to mostly maintain my mood was Wellbutrin. Though it worked well, from time to time crippling depressive episodes would bleed through. I have been taking 10 mg Viibryd with 150 mg bupropion per day and that works very well for me. I haven't had a single episode that I couldn't deal with even having gone through a death in my family and financial upheaval."

lulama February 18, 2016

For Major Depressive Disorder "I was prescribed this after a nervous breakdown while an inpatient at the hospital. I have zero side effects, well perhaps I'm a bit more "flighty". It does not numb me like other meds have done in the past. I feel like I'm living my life again and enjoying my loved ones. I'm on 20 mg I hope the doctor will increase to 30 because I feel near the finish line but not 100% there yet."

Kell4730 (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 17, 2016

For Major Depressive Disorder "I have been taking Viibryd for three weeks now. I started on 10mg with food and instantly had severe diarrhea, dizziness, and just felt a little mentally absent. I went to bed that day, already feeling mental relief from lifelong MDD. My doctor had me reduce to 5mg for two weeks, which I did, and taking the pill with food and reducing the dosage helped tremendously. I am up to 10mg now and I feel absolutely amazing. The happiness that was mine as a child has returned. I am so glad to find this medication. I thought I was managing well enough with natural therapies and meds, but hit rock bottom this season with no unusually difficult things happening in my life. Science can be the miracle."

EllieAtkins February 9, 2016

For Depression "This medication is nearly killing me. Everyday I feel like the ground is moving or I'll have that "drop" feeling like I'm on a roll at coaster. I later learned that vertigo was settling into my long list of problems I have wrong with me. So I started taking 10 mg for awhile until I got up to 20mg. Nothing was changing if anything vertigo got worse. Even through the night. I would try to lay down and sleep but would be suddenly jolted awake by a shocking feeling coming through my chest to my brain. This was easily subdued by Xanax (.5mg). Then my psychiatrist wanted to up my dosage. This is ultimately my down fall. I would start to shake and tremor and the vertigo gets worse. My head was pounding and my nose started bleeding. Now idk what to do."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 7, 2016

For Depression "Started taking Viibryd at the recommendation of my doctor to replace the sertraline and buspirone I had been on before. First couple days on 10mg gave me nausea and dizziness, followed by a few days of incredible manic energy. I was getting things done at work like a maniac but when I got home I would be weak and dizzy and very sore. Woke up a week after starting with crushing anxiety, depression, dizziness, and nausea so bad I had to call into work, I couldn't hardly stand let alone drive myself. I was supposed to start the 20mg that day so I did hoping it would help but it just made the symptoms worse. I know side effects can be weird but I've never had to miss work because of them before."

Too many side effects (taken for less than 1 month) February 4, 2016

For Depression "Since I started taking Viibryd I have been happy and have had energy to do things again. My Dr gave me some samples of the starter box that started out at 10 MG for the first week. Then increased to 20 MG on the second week. I've been on 20 mgs for two months and I feel better than I've felt in years. Before I started taking it I always felt down and out and always wanted to lay around on the couch. The only thing that I have bad to say about it is that on the first 4 or five days my stomach stayed upset and I felt very nauseated. But after about 5 days it passed and I started feeling great! If I could recommend this to everyone that is feeling depressed I would! It is a wonder drug to me!"

Once sad but now HAPPY January 26, 2016

For Depression "Was on antidepressants/ADHD meds for about 10 years. GAD, mild depression, OCD and ADHD. I stopped taking all meds and been off for a couple years. I have always had some GAD and poor focus. With work and school my stress level went up, then the obsessive thoughts/GAD went up and mood went down. I didn't like other antidepressants due to insomnia and that numb/disconnected human feeling you get with them. I have been on Viibryd 10mg for one week and I was pleasantly surprised at not feeling the numb feeling. I do have mild gastrointestinal symptoms of bloating and gas. Stools a little loose but not diarrhea. I feel great in respect to mood and obsessive worry is way down. Will try 20mg, won't go past 20mg after reading reviews."

Tryin Viibryd (taken for less than 1 month) January 6, 2016

For Major Depressive Disorder "Serious dizziness and vibrations throughout my whole body after 4 days on this medication. Will this stop?"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) January 2, 2016

For Major Depressive Disorder "Made me totally lose it and ended up in hospital for 3 weeks."

budro1 January 1, 2016

For Depression "I started this drug about two weeks ago. I was having a sudden intense depression. I had been taking Wellbutrin 300 mg and Paxil 20 mg. My psych suggested raising me up to 40 mg on Paxil but I didn't like the sexual side effects. So he suggested switching to Viibryd. He gave me a starter pack to use transition. I haven't had any of the mentioned side effects until the last 3 nights. My sleep has been very poor. Hard to fall asleep and waking up during the night. Even with a small dose of Ativan on two of the nights. I am set to go up to 40 mg today but I might stay on 20 mg until I can talk with him on Monday. Overall my mood has been better (until this morning. Not sleeping gets me fearful of another depressive episode)."

Birdies (taken for less than 1 month) January 1, 2016

For Depression "I was prescribed this medication to help with depression and anxiety brought on by several chronic medical conditions including Crohn's disease and Arthritis. Because of my sensitivity to meds, I was started on 5mg. I could not make it through the first week due to severe diarrhea (like taking a colonoscopy prep), severe nausea, bloating, chest pain, disrupted sleep, body aches and drowsiness. Side effects started on day one. I also had weird/ vivid dreams, but I didn't mind that. I usually try to push through in the beginning, but this was too much. I don't think it's a good choice for anyone who already has GI issues. I've tried other meds that caused mild diarrhea in the beginning that I could tolerate. This was a bad fit for me!"

Brynn22 (taken for less than 1 month) December 20, 2015

For Depression "I have been taking this medicine for a three years now. I have tried every antidepressant out there I think. This is the only one that works for me. Along with Abilify and Trazadone this has been a miracle worker for me. I have no side effects. The Trazadone helps with sleep and no nightmares. I wouldn't be around if it wasn't for Viibryd."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 10, 2015

For Depression "I did fine on this drug until I started the 40mg. It actually took me awhile to figure out that it was the Vybrid because I had been doing fine on the 10,20, and 30 mg doses. After starting the 40 mg, I began having horrible dreams where I could not remember a lot of the detail but I knew they were bad because I would wake up terrified and it would sometimes take me a few days to be my normal self again. It was recognizable by my family too. I would also have hallucinations right after I went to bed and I was unable to make them stop. I would also think I was screaming in bed when I wasn't. I am currently being weaned off of it. It was a very scary drug for me."

Marli December 10, 2015

For Depression "I have been on Viibryd for 10 days. The first 5 or 6 days I had a ton of energy. My stomach was a little bloated but no other major side effects. About 3 days ago I started feeling very blah, having anxiety, very gassy and just not feeling right. I am only on 10mg so hopeful that raising me to 20 will solve these problems. After 5 years on Lexapro I wanted to try something that didn't cause weight gain and didn't have sexual side effects. I was still having panic attacks and lots of anxiety on the Lexapro so I was hoping this would help. Just want to feel normal again."

mrsclause December 3, 2015

For Depression "I've had wonderful results on this medication. A few minor side effects that pale in comparison to my improved mood, renewed energy, mellowness and more. I was weaned off Paxil for rapid weight gain, and on Viibyrd I am losing weight and feeling much more confident and positive. I do have vivid dreams, but honestly, I think that's fun."

dp142119 (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 1, 2015

For Depression "I had no decrease in symptoms but had a feeling of electrical charges. I tried to stick it out but it was terrible."

Shelly1986 December 1, 2015

For Major Depressive Disorder "It works in my depression, I feel more positive and happy but I had gastrointestinal problems ,and slurred speech people think I am drinking,also sluggish.I received a package from my doctor.Don't know if this effects will go away but if not ,I won't continue."

Ain November 23, 2015

For Depression "Only on day 4 and can't take the constant nausea and off feelings anymore. Vivid dreams, sweating, but the worst is definitely the gastro issues. Bloating, acid reflux, severe nausea. Tried taking it with food, tried taking anti-nausea pills and so many other things, but it wouldn't work."

Nauseaistoomuch November 23, 2015

For Major Depressive Disorder "The only reason I gave it a 9 is because I can tell immediately if I miss a dose because it is as if my depression returns full fold as far as crying, irritability, anger and deep sadness. I use something else-Wellbutrin & Xanax bid for my anxiety. I have been on many anti-depressants and have dealt with PTSD and MDD since dx when 19. Probably had it prior but I was dx when I got to college because I was an A student who could not function. I tried this because my alternating Lexapro and Celexa (not at the same time) was no longer working and I am so happy that my NP found it. I had some tummy issues at first but they were gone after the first three weeks and I already have insomnia so that has not changed. I am the young Me again."

Leni88 November 16, 2015

For Depression "I had terrible insomnia on vybrid. Awful. Whole nights spent wired. It made me so anxious that I felt like I was going to jump out of my skin. Brain zaps, headaches, etc. I tried for several weeks but the sysmptoms got worse, not better. Did not work for me at all."

katherinejane November 15, 2015

For Major Depressive Disorder "Noticed i am more anxious than b4 i started taking it. Luckily i havent had nightmares or g.i. issues so far but ive only started 1and a half week ago. from what I've seen from reviews it's all about the individual i guess."

shelly a wright November 3, 2015

For Depression "Just transitioned from 60mg Paxil. Went down 15 on Paxil, up 10 on Viibryd each week for four weeks. No brain zaps. Take with food in the morning. Get a sleepy reaction for about two hours after taking it. I get vivid dreams with this med. No nightmares so far. No diarrhea, but I'm constipated b/c I'm taking 450 mg Wellbutrin :(. I like it a lot, very optimistic."

depression all my life (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 29, 2015

For Depression "Got the typical starter pack. One week at 10mg - noticeable antidepressant effect, side effects of diarrhea and weird dreams. One week at 20 mg - suddenly had tons of energy. Found myself getting lots of housework done, starting up projects I had been putting off for months, but no true enjoyment of things I loved. Diarrhea remained, some insomnia started. 5 weeks at 40 mg - Energy remained good at first, wasn't depressed but wasn't happy either. Just became numb like with all other SSRI's I've tried. Diarrhea persisted. Had trouble getting up each morning and felt foggy all day but still had energy to get things done. NO libido. Anhedonia persisted. Not the right drug for me."

Scooper942 (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 28, 2015

For Depression "I'm with this medication about 3 months in the beginning gave me diarrhea but after 2 week everything was good again the only complaint is I can't miss even one dose"

Guisa October 24, 2015