User Reviews for Viibryd (Page 2)

Learn more about Viibryd.

Depression 420 reviews 79 medications

6.7
Major Depressive Disorder 107 reviews 46 medications

5.8
Summary of Viibryd reviews 527 reviews 6.2

Reviews for Viibryd

For Depression "Side effects: heart palpitations & pounding, insomnia, numb hands, 24/7 panic attack even in my home lying in bed, fearful of getting out of bed, leaving the house. Frequent diarrhea & abdominal pain. Auditory hallucinations. Had to stop, not even remotely tolerable. I got tested by 'Assurex Health' Genesight testing which showed this to be on my 'green' list. I see that they billed my insurance $6,224.00 and my responsibility is $1300.00 but I was told there was some sliding scale so we'll see. They're making a killing on these tests and I'm afraid to try anything else on their green list, since they're all newer drugs, all costing in the range of $250 to $400, seems like there is something going on that doesn't benefit patients/victims"

femmebot June 6, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Major Depressive Disorder "Been on a plethora of antidepressants most of my life. This one by far has been the worst. I had all of the negative side effects pretty intensely. Insomnia, vomiting, diarrhea, severe headaches, severe agitation, visual hallucinations, feeling like I was crawling out of my skin, sweats, and psychosis so bad to the point, I blacked out and attacked my best friend physically. Thanks be to God my friend was there and I'm not in jail! Just based on my personal experience I think this drug needs to be tested out more thoroughly. I felt like a wretched guinea pig on it. I stopped the drug a few days ago...going through the horrible withdrawals now. The "bath salts" of antidepressants!!!!!"

Bird 44 May 30, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Major Depressive Disorder "I was previously on Prozac 20mg and switched to Viibryd because of the sexual side effects I was experiencing. Within two weeks I was back to my original depression with thoughts of suicide, uncontrollable crying, terrifying dreams, and mood swings. While transitioning my libido did come back, which was nice. However, I was forced to go back on Prozac and felt totally normal again within a week."

Stefani M May 21, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Major Depressive Disorder "Okay so today I had a pretty good day but now I can't sleep. I have taken the 10mg as directed for 7 days and it was okay, nothing really changed. My terrible vivid dreams only seemed to get worse as I keep dreaming about the person that I love who does not love me in real life (he loves me in my dreams) and when I wake up I feel like I want to throw up. It is now 5 am and I cannot fall asleep because I'm scared to have those dreams and I keep crying hysterically about it. I don't know what to do. I don't like this. I'm 19 years old and I'm a girl and I was originally taking paxil for a whole semester."

SloaneLaBiche (taken for less than 1 month) May 20, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Depression "After trying several other medications viibryd does help with my depression. Unfortunately I have had many side effects including insomnia, Vivid abnormal dreams, night sweats, and numbness in my hands. I have been taking 20 milligrams a day for almost a year. My depression has started to increase and I am hesitant to increase the viibryd to 40 milligrams a day because I am afraid the side effects will get worse. The drug manufacturer offers a very good rebate program on their website. I get $100 refund from them each month so my cost is only $115 per month."

Band mom (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 15, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Major Depressive Disorder "Viibryd has had a really positive impact on my life. In January, I had a suicide attempt while being on Effexor. After hospital, I was taken off Effexor and given Viibryd, starting with 10mg. Of course, you don't feel a difference for a while, but you know when you do. The other antidepressants I have been on, Prozac, Lexapro, and Effexor all had little positive effect on me. In fact, they made me feel numb and more emotionless than my depression did (leading to the events early this year...) Viibryd, however, has made me feel close to normal. I feel emotions better than I did on the other drugs. Side effects: terrible diarrhea, night terrors, and low sex drive. Tolerable, though."

Evan F May 12, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Depression "This medication has worked well for me. It is becoming cost prohibitive."

aubs (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 7, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Major Depressive Disorder "I started the dosage as recommended by my doctor at 10 mg for one week, then 20 mg for the next few weeks. I was coming off Paxil slowly and going on Viibryd. I had very vivid nightmares with Viibryd. That's when I could sleep. I spent many hours awake with Viibryd, say around six hours per night. I'm already taking Ambien for sleep, and this medication made my insomnia much, much worse. Even the Ambien wouldn't work. What was even worse is that I felt like I was going crazy every morning after waking up from a very short sleep. I feel bad enough as it is, and don't need to feel even worse. I do NOT recommend giving this medication a try. I was desperate for relief, but felt worse so I'm back to Paxil until I see my doctor again."

Ma Bird May 6, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Depression "Unlike any other anti-depressant I have tried, if I missed a single dose withdrawal symptoms would immediately begin. Scary dreams accompanied by brain zaps are just a few that need to be shared!! They seemed so real!! It was a side-effect that I could not handle and everyone should be warned about the night terrors before starting this medication. I can only imagine the horror of missing two doses. That alone was enough for me to switch back to Celexa. It did help with my mood but this medicine seemed too potent or too dangerous for some reason. The "what ifs" where always in the back of my mind."

Viibryd is scary! (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 3, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Depression "I ended up having a very bad experience with Viibyrd, due to its drug interactions with Xanax I'm taking for anxiety. The first month was wonderful though. After the first dose, I felt amazing; I felt calm, content, and had energy to get through my day. It did give me nausea sometimes, so I had to make sure I ate a big breakfast to avoid that. Things started to get bad during the second month. My mood wasn't as amazing as before & some suicidal thoughts came back. Then, I began experiencing hallucinations— visual, closed-eyed, even musical. It was pretty horrifying and made my depression and anxiety TREMENDOUSLY worse altogether. My doc immediately took me off Viibyrd & switched to Celexa. Viibryd co-pay was also very expensive."

xoina April 26, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Depression "Went in for a routine check up a year ago and told my doctor something has been up and I don't feel right. Asa medical student myself, I knew something was up and wasn't going to leave without answers. I explained what was going on and what has been going through my head, and she diagnosed me with depression. I have felt the way I've felt for 11 years because at the young age of 8 I almost lost my dad in a motorcycle accident and the doctors led me to believe I had. I became a recluse... my emotions took over... I got perscribed Vilazodone, and took it up until recently and realized it did NOTHING for me. It was supposed to balance my serotonin levels in my brain that cause depression and anxiety, but it only made me feel worse."

Anonymous April 26, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Depression "Hello All, I hope this message finds you well and that whatever your troubles may be, you may find a light through the clouds of your depression. I recently tried taking this medication, and did not have a very positive experience. This was my first time to take an antidepressant in many many years. It was not very helpful for me. It made me feel tired, apathetic, and emotionally "flat", if this makes sense. I know that every person's experience is different, and I believe one must do what is best for him or herself. After about a month, I stopped taking these altogether, as I did not think they were very helpful. I am now drinking smoothies and getting more sunlight, instead. Stay strong, my friends!!! Peace be with you"

AnonymousInput April 21, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Major Depressive Disorder "Had bad side effects when I started taking this drug. The side effects went away after a week, but this drug did nothing for my anxiety. In fact a few days after my doctor switched me to this med my anxiety was worse than it ever was, I felt as if I was going to crawl out of my skin. Doctor switched me back to Lexapro and I seem to be doing better."

DoctorwhoBFS April 13, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Major Depressive Disorder "I've taken a lot of different antidepressants so my old psychiatrist put me on this one because it was new. I wasn't doing well, still felt very depressed so she increased my dose. That made my depression worse. I was visiting my family and I lashed out at them, had many episodes, and had to contact the suicide hotline 5 times. I lashed out on my friends as well while on viibryd. I couldn't contact my psychiatrist at all so I stopped taking it on my own and I instantly started feeling better and noticed a difference."

Daisy.flowers April 11, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Major Depressive Disorder "Took Viibryd for MDD. Had bad symptoms if I was a little late taking the med each day. Was actually without it for a day and a half, because I was homeas I was sick and couldn't get to the pharmacy, and thought I was going to lose my mind. My whole body itched, I was flushed, nauseated, couldn't concentrate, my heart felt like it was going to beat out of my chest. I was sicker from not taking the medication, then from the flu I was home sick with!! I called my psychiatrist and told him I wanted off the medication. Explained what happened, and we tapered me down. It took about 3 weeks, and it wasn't fun, but I would NOT recommend this mediation for that reason alone."

Heather in Ohio April 10, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Major Depressive Disorder "I've been battling MDD for 20 years. I'm 32. If you can name it, it's been prescribed to me. I went through a two month period of constant suicidal ideation in 2015 and was put on 40mg Viibryd. It saved my life, career, and sanity. I've been taking it as prescribed for 1 1/2 years and my depression doesn't control my life and thoughts anymore. I still get situational depression, but it doesn't spiral like it always used to. I experienced no side-effects. Highly recommended if you want to try something new."

Watershed (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 29, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Depression "Tried Viibryd about 3 years ago after trying several other anti-depressants over many years, with very little long-term benefit from any of them (Prozac, Lexapro...) After being on it for about 2 months, I forgot to take it one night, and had the worst nightmare of my life; the impact was more like a vision or prophesy. Decided after that to wean myself off, and cut pills in half. For each time I cut the dose, there was another horrendous nightmare. Was very relieved to be done with it."

Maygan60 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 28, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Depression "I don't normally review medications but Viibryd is my savior! I am 21 years old with terrible anxiety and depression. I tried a medication I can't recall before Viibryd two years ago and was pretty unstable but upon being put on Viibryd I felt I could be a normal person again. Over this past summer, I was taken off of it due to insurance issues and let me warn you, even forgetting to take it, within an hour past 24 hours since ingestion I start to itch and feel overall sluggish. That is just the beginning, the further symptoms of withdrawal I faced were very vivid dreams and intense thoughts of suicide. Works great when I'm on it, but the withdrawals can be harsh."

btmoore (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 28, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Major Depressive Disorder "I'm the mom of a 22 year old female that LOVES what Viibryd has done for her. Wow and wow. She was nauseous for about a week but as long as you take with food it, your body gets used to it. I will happily make a commercial for Viibryd for what it has done for our daughter. Of course, I don't know how long this will last, but for now I am forever grateful. We took her off Prozac last October because it had run its coarse for 3 years. For the past year she has been suicidal, anxiety, you name it. She started Viibryd 3 months ago. She is getting straight A's in all 5 classes at FSU this semester, where last semester she flunked all her classes due to not being able to leave the house due to panic attacks. I'm so happy to have my daughter back."

Lorraine in Florida March 26, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Depression "I've tried several antidepressants for anxiety and depression with moderate success, however this one takes the cake for being absolutely awful. Within hours of taking it, I experienced my depression returning. I noticed a pattern that every single time I took a dose of this medication (even at the lowest dose of 10mg) I had dark thoughts, low moods, and even sporadic suicidal thoughts. I did a test and did not take this medication for one day. It was like a night/day difference. No gloomy thoughts at all! I also want to mention that I can generally tolerate most antidepressants, however I would beware of this one. This medication may work for some, but it really did not work for me."

FLGAL (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 19, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Depression "I am fighting constant itching on arms. I can't stop itching. is this common"

grandiE70 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 7, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Major Depressive Disorder "Absolutely horrible experience. I would wake up every night at three having an anxiety attack thinking I was dying. Several nights I experienced the strange vivid dreams. My depression and anxiety increased immensely, and suicidal ideation set in hardcore. BEWARE OF WITHDRAWALS!!!! I have never had so much anger and rage in my life. Even after two weeks still making my depression worse as well as anxiety. DO NOT TAKE THIS DRUG"

jaye.b.123. March 2, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Depression "I didn't like this medication athat all. I became very mean and didn't care about what I said or who it may of hurt. It also noticed occasional memory loss of short periods of time. Just say no!!!!"

Missy1970 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 1, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Depression "I've been on viibryd for over 4 years, 20mg. After being a zombie for 4 years bc of depression, followed by two years as a robot on Prozac, viibryd has been a miracle for me. Reading the other reviews, especially the negative ones, has been mind boggling, but goes to show how different everyone is. It took about 4 months for it to work on me. My partner was also on Prozac then viibryd, is on 40mg viibryd right now and he had an immediate change. Sexually we are the same: he has no dysfunction, and I'm as sensitive as ever. Sexual drive the same. No serious side effects. A few years back I woke up in a very soaked bed, sweating. I went to the doctor and my MD recommended I take viibryd in PM not AM. Month later, back to AM and fine since!!"

Lienks February 23, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Major Depressive Disorder "This drug was miraculous!. It was as if I was waking from a 5 year nightmare. I was 'normal' again for the first time in YEARS!....HOWEVER!..Medicare won't let me have it and I certainly can't afford $300 a month on a fixed income. Why do they 'give' you samples, 'free' 30 supply but then rip it out from under you for $$$$$$. Now I'm on a generic Prozac and Lord only knows where THAT was made and "it ain't a workin'!"....I WANT MY VIIBRYD!"

MISS FERN February 16, 2017