User Reviews for Viibryd

Learn more about Viibryd.

Viibryd Rating Summary

6.8/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 222 medications used in the treatment of Depression.

Reviews for Viibryd to treat Depression

"This is horrible stuff! I did the gradual dosage-increase starter pack. It was somewhat effective early on, but then it turned bad. I started to have vivid lucid dreams. Kinda cool, but some were quite unpleasant. During the 40mg stage, I involutarily jizzed my pants while at work! How unsettling! I ran out of Viibryd accidentally & went a day without it. BAD brain zaps came in waves, I felt like I was going to jump out of my skin. That part was terrible! I drove to my doctor & immed asked to go back to my former medication. They ordered that to be refilled, but I couldn't wait the few hours. I had intense malaise & I was super itchy all over like a crackhead. I practically begged for one last Viibryd. The withdrawl was bad! Potent stuff."

SumYungGuy (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 3, 2016

"Dr. Prescribed several antidepressants before trying Viibryd. Major difference once I was in a routine. Took care of about 90% of my depression/anxiety. Been on it for four plus years."

Navet72 (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 25, 2016

"I have mixed feelings about viibryd. I'm switching off of it now, after about a year on it. I found that I did help, but seemed to make me more anxious at first. I didn't have any other side effects. After being on it for a while, I noticed if I was even a couple hours late on my dose, I would be a complete mess--crying, panicking, just feeling terrible. I've never had such a strong reaction to just being late on taking a medication. I'm not even talking about missing a full day. This is the main reason why I wanted to get off of viibryd. I stayed on it for fear of withdrawal symptoms and my depression and anxiety worsened. Currently taking celexa and today is my first day with no viibyrid."

AnxietyTeacher (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 12, 2016

"I was taking lexapro and wellbutrin for a long time. Then switched to vibyrd in 2012. It helps with my deceased sex drive and it doesn't cause weight gain either. It actually helps with my libido."

Cynthia 6946 July 3, 2016

"Been taking viibryd for 2 years now. Was only on 10mg first few weeks nausea and loose frequent stools each week thethe symptoms lessen and I could feel the benefits. I was happy and relaxed, no decrease in sex drive and didn't have any of the side effects that I could notice (chronic back pain, gi issues, and difficulty sleeping my whole life). My doctor gives me samples and coupons when he can but it is extremely expensive."

Nurseshark (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 29, 2016

"I can live again!! I have suffered from anxiety and depression for 12 years. I've tried it all... most recently I was on Celexa and Lamictal combination. I took Celexa for 2 years and then things went south again. My doctor mentioned Viibyd and I was so scared to try a new medication because depression meds are a game of Russian roulette. I went straight to 40mg a day and I am happy to say that after just a week, I feel awesome. I forgot how it felt to be "normal". And i am high on life after finally finding a solution! Only side effects are occasional brain fog and a little bit of restless legs. Every medication is different for every one. Just keep trying until you find yours and don't give up."

qrst June 27, 2016

"This started out as a great experience. I was on Lexapro but due to the decreased sexual desire wanted to try something else. The first three months felt great, no improvement on the sexual aspect however. Then the side effects started and it was terrible. Started with constipation, which I was able to put up with. The legs hurting and cramping was another story. As long as I was active I had no problem. Go on a trip and it was hell. My legs would hurt like crazy. Then at night in bed if I turned over I got leg cramps in my thighs. OH and the DREAMS! So real, vivid and weird. Expensive!"

Biwie June 7, 2016

"My wife started taking Viibyrd and she got every bad side effect. Violent, angry, mania and paranoid. That is truly the drug from hell! She would scream at me for hours and then started hitting and slapping me. I had to move out of the house and get an apartment and we are probably getting divorced. Viibyrd ruined my marriage..."

Anonymous June 7, 2016

"I have been on 10mg of viibryd for about a month. I have a low drug tolerance and I couldn't get past the side effects of the other drugs I've tried. Viibryd had very minimal side effects that are now gone (vivid dreams and brain zaps). My anxiety has significantly lessened and I'm out of that depression fog. What a relief to be out of that negative state and constant worry! It just goes to show that differnt drugs work differently for everyone. Viibryd isn't well reviewed, but the ones that are highly scored didn't work for me at all. Don't give up or be afraid to find your perfect fit."

APski (taken for less than 1 month) May 22, 2016

"I've been on this drug for 2 days and am already discontinuing use. I got the starter pack and have taken 10mgs each morning for 2 days. It makes me so dizzy and tingly that I can't even move. Very nauseous and drowsy, but I can't sleep because everything is spinning. Not for me."

Jess0177 March 26, 2016

"I've been on Viibryd for a year now. It's completely changed my life. When I went to the doctor I knew it was time to get help. I still have a bad day now and then but who doesn't. No more crying, staying in bed for days and hating life. I know medication works differently for everyone but this is what worked for me. No matter what don't give up get help!"

3boys1mom March 20, 2016

"I have been unable to take antidepressants due their side effects. I had pretty much given up trying to feel "normal". I saw a new Dr. And she gave me viibryd samples. I have little to no side effects except for occasional diarrhea. For the first time in a really long time, I feel good. I don't feel like a zombie, and I am able to get up and live. I do take the medication earlier in the day because it can cause me to keep me awake. 3pm seems to work out well. I haven't gained weight on it, but I tend to bloat more if I eat poorly. I just wish I didn't have to go broke to function well."

Anon1098653 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 27, 2016

"This medication is nearly killing me. Everyday I feel like the ground is moving or I'll have that "drop" feeling like I'm on a roll at coaster. I later learned that vertigo was settling into my long list of problems I have wrong with me. So I started taking 10 mg for awhile until I got up to 20mg. Nothing was changing if anything vertigo got worse. Even through the night. I would try to lay down and sleep but would be suddenly jolted awake by a shocking feeling coming through my chest to my brain. This was easily subdued by Xanax (.5mg). Then my psychiatrist wanted to up my dosage. This is ultimately my down fall. I would start to shake and tremor and the vertigo gets worse. My head was pounding and my nose started bleeding. Now idk what to do."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 7, 2016

"Started taking Viibryd at the recommendation of my doctor to replace the sertraline and buspirone I had been on before. First couple days on 10mg gave me nausea and dizziness, followed by a few days of incredible manic energy. I was getting things done at work like a maniac but when I got home I would be weak and dizzy and very sore. Woke up a week after starting with crushing anxiety, depression, dizziness, and nausea so bad I had to call into work, I couldn't hardly stand let alone drive myself. I was supposed to start the 20mg that day so I did hoping it would help but it just made the symptoms worse. I know side effects can be weird but I've never had to miss work because of them before."

Too many side effects (taken for less than 1 month) February 4, 2016

"Since I started taking Viibryd I have been happy and have had energy to do things again. My Dr gave me some samples of the starter box that started out at 10 MG for the first week. Then increased to 20 MG on the second week. I've been on 20 mgs for two months and I feel better than I've felt in years. Before I started taking it I always felt down and out and always wanted to lay around on the couch. The only thing that I have bad to say about it is that on the first 4 or five days my stomach stayed upset and I felt very nauseated. But after about 5 days it passed and I started feeling great! If I could recommend this to everyone that is feeling depressed I would! It is a wonder drug to me!"

Once sad but now HAPPY January 26, 2016

"Was on antidepressants/ADHD meds for about 10 years. GAD, mild depression, OCD and ADHD. I stopped taking all meds and been off for a couple years. I have always had some GAD and poor focus. With work and school my stress level went up, then the obsessive thoughts/GAD went up and mood went down. I didn't like other antidepressants due to insomnia and that numb/disconnected human feeling you get with them. I have been on Viibryd 10mg for one week and I was pleasantly surprised at not feeling the numb feeling. I do have mild gastrointestinal symptoms of bloating and gas. Stools a little loose but not diarrhea. I feel great in respect to mood and obsessive worry is way down. Will try 20mg, won't go past 20mg after reading reviews."

Tryin Viibryd (taken for less than 1 month) January 6, 2016

"I started this drug about two weeks ago. I was having a sudden intense depression. I had been taking Wellbutrin 300 mg and Paxil 20 mg. My psych suggested raising me up to 40 mg on Paxil but I didn't like the sexual side effects. So he suggested switching to Viibryd. He gave me a starter pack to use transition. I haven't had any of the mentioned side effects until the last 3 nights. My sleep has been very poor. Hard to fall asleep and waking up during the night. Even with a small dose of Ativan on two of the nights. I am set to go up to 40 mg today but I might stay on 20 mg until I can talk with him on Monday. Overall my mood has been better (until this morning. Not sleeping gets me fearful of another depressive episode)."

Birdies (taken for less than 1 month) January 1, 2016

"I was prescribed this medication to help with depression and anxiety brought on by several chronic medical conditions including Crohn's disease and Arthritis. Because of my sensitivity to meds, I was started on 5mg. I could not make it through the first week due to severe diarrhea (like taking a colonoscopy prep), severe nausea, bloating, chest pain, disrupted sleep, body aches and drowsiness. Side effects started on day one. I also had weird/ vivid dreams, but I didn't mind that. I usually try to push through in the beginning, but this was too much. I don't think it's a good choice for anyone who already has GI issues. I've tried other meds that caused mild diarrhea in the beginning that I could tolerate. This was a bad fit for me!"

Brynn22 (taken for less than 1 month) December 20, 2015

"I have been taking this medicine for a three years now. I have tried every antidepressant out there I think. This is the only one that works for me. Along with Abilify and Trazadone this has been a miracle worker for me. I have no side effects. The Trazadone helps with sleep and no nightmares. I wouldn't be around if it wasn't for Viibryd."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 10, 2015

"I did fine on this drug until I started the 40mg. It actually took me awhile to figure out that it was the Vybrid because I had been doing fine on the 10,20, and 30 mg doses. After starting the 40 mg, I began having horrible dreams where I could not remember a lot of the detail but I knew they were bad because I would wake up terrified and it would sometimes take me a few days to be my normal self again. It was recognizable by my family too. I would also have hallucinations right after I went to bed and I was unable to make them stop. I would also think I was screaming in bed when I wasn't. I am currently being weaned off of it. It was a very scary drug for me."

Marli December 10, 2015

"I have been on Viibryd for 10 days. The first 5 or 6 days I had a ton of energy. My stomach was a little bloated but no other major side effects. About 3 days ago I started feeling very blah, having anxiety, very gassy and just not feeling right. I am only on 10mg so hopeful that raising me to 20 will solve these problems. After 5 years on Lexapro I wanted to try something that didn't cause weight gain and didn't have sexual side effects. I was still having panic attacks and lots of anxiety on the Lexapro so I was hoping this would help. Just want to feel normal again."

mrsclause December 3, 2015

"I've had wonderful results on this medication. A few minor side effects that pale in comparison to my improved mood, renewed energy, mellowness and more. I was weaned off Paxil for rapid weight gain, and on Viibyrd I am losing weight and feeling much more confident and positive. I do have vivid dreams, but honestly, I think that's fun."

dp142119 (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 1, 2015

"I had no decrease in symptoms but had a feeling of electrical charges. I tried to stick it out but it was terrible."

Shelly1986 December 1, 2015

"Only on day 4 and can't take the constant nausea and off feelings anymore. Vivid dreams, sweating, but the worst is definitely the gastro issues. Bloating, acid reflux, severe nausea. Tried taking it with food, tried taking anti-nausea pills and so many other things, but it wouldn't work."

Nauseaistoomuch November 23, 2015

"I had terrible insomnia on vybrid. Awful. Whole nights spent wired. It made me so anxious that I felt like I was going to jump out of my skin. Brain zaps, headaches, etc. I tried for several weeks but the sysmptoms got worse, not better. Did not work for me at all."

katherinejane November 15, 2015