User Reviews for Viibryd

Viibryd Rating Summary

6.6/10 Average Rating

What next? Compare all 218 medications used in the treatment of Depression.

Reviews for Viibryd to treat Depression

"I have been taking 40mg for about 3 years. It took my anger and suicidal thoughts away immediately. I had tried just about every other drug and none worked. I have no energy though many people say it gave them more energy. I guess I am still really depressed but my moods are much better."

Wil (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 27, 2018

"I am extremely depressed and have terrible anxiety. I can not take any medicine. My Dr finally gave me Xanax for anxiety and it worked. I been on it a long time. Then came the depression - it was horrible - it was after a 17 years of a not so good marriage. He found someone else moved her in our home and left me in the projects. We divorced I was left with a car and a few dollars he closed bank account without telling me. Hasn't even checked. Anyway my dr knowing how I am on medicine tried and tried finally hit on Viibryd. Worked from the beginning. It is wonderful. Makes the ghost that hit in the afternoon go away. If its bad I take half a xanax with it. I never would have thought something would ever work on me. Thank you."

CiCi (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 21, 2018

"This drug is terrifying. I took it for 2 days and woke up the second day with uncontrollable leg shakes - had to take Xanax immediately and was late to work because I had to wait until the Xanax kicked in. Will never use this drug again- made my anxiety through the roof and was jumping out of my skin. Be careful!"

tszul (taken for less than 1 month) March 15, 2018

"It actually worked quite well for me I noticed a huge difference in my attitude and my mood a whole lot less anger but it's very expensive and they would no longer give me samples at the doctor's so unfortunately I had to get off of this medication but it was the only one that has worked and we have tried them all"

Lj mountain (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 31, 2018

"I have been taking Viibryd for years and it has changed my life for the better. I tried many other antidepressants in the past that did nothing for me. I used to sleep all the time. Day after day of just hiding and sleeping. I now have energy. I don't spend my days in bed I am out doing things and enjoying myself. It does have some side effects for me but the joy I get out of living is outweighed by them. I wish I could have found this sooner as it has given me back my life!"

Graciecj January 4, 2018

"Have had depression for years. Also bipolar. Have been on just about everything and it always stops working or just does not work. Viibryd worked for about 8 months then just stopped working. It made me emotionless. I don’t even know what or how to feel. Did not really have any other bad side effects. Am now weaning off. Have had 2 episodes of loud explosions and a few bad dreams but nothing unbearable. I really want off this med. I just want my emotions back. Oh yes. Have had hair loss. Not happy about that. Did lose 40 lb but that’s because of keto the last year. I just think this med will work for some people and will just STOP working for some people but It did not prove to be effective for me. And what will it do long term."

?73.,!$&&.: (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 2, 2018

"I have had treatment resistant depression (MDD) for over 18 years. I was suicidal for a large part of my life and tried to take kill myself on numerous occasions. I am 30 years old with a strong genetic predisposition to depression. Lithium had helped with the Suicidal Idealistation but it wore off over time. Viibryd has literally changed my life! Within a few months I felt like a new person and 8 months later, I am still doing very well. I haven't experienced a suicidal thought for over 7 months and I had never gone more than a few weeks. This break in the depression has given me a chance to truly utlitize my therapy. Even if it doesn't last forever, I'm incredibly thankful for this break. If you have Treatment Resistant Depression and Suicidal Idealisation, definitely try this one."

Jen6453 December 28, 2017

"I’ve only been on Viibryd for two weeks, but I can already tell a HUGE difference in my mood and motivation to do things. I recently came off Bupropion, which made me angry and irritable all the time, so I knew I had to make a change. My doctor gave me many samples of Viibryd because it is an expensive drug, so make sure to snag as many samples as you can unless you just have amazing insurance that will cover its cost. I also have crippling anxiety, and I can see that Viibryd has really taken the edge off. I can’t ask much more from a drug! I have tried all the major SSRIs over the years, but Viibryd is the only one to change my life for the better."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) December 24, 2017

"I threw up violently just hours after taking my first dose (with food), had a headache and felt tired. I can safely say I won't be taking a second dose."

Clairemobucho December 19, 2017

"So, this medicine didn't do anything for me. It was new to the market and the first antidepressant my doctor ever put me on. I don't recall any crazy side effects, I just didn't feel that it worked at all. That was when I was 18. I'm 23 now and it may have changed. Just always listen to your gut instinct."

Merebearrrrr December 7, 2017

"I am 27 years old and I started taking anti depressants around 19 years old my first medicine celexa worked great until it wore off. I went off the deep end in a bad way , terrible thoughts constant anxiousness and worrying . I also suffer from anxiety as well so it really hit hard ! My doctor proscribed me vibryd 10 mg ! I felt amazing immediately after a brain shock ! Then he bumped me to 20mg then 40mg . The 40mg dose had me feeling like I was going to come out of my body felt very weird ! I went back on 20mg for a while now I'm on 10mg ! The thing is no medicine is a miracle drug you have to be strong and think positive thoughts with depression or anxiety or it's a vicious cycle ! Always talk to people or do anything to get your mind occupied on other things !"

Houston Alan November 26, 2017

"This drug is dangerous. The side effects are horrible and the withdrawal process to get off of the drug is arguably worse, if that is even possible. This drug should be taken off the market."

Randomusername (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 16, 2017

"I am 21 and have been on Viibryd for 4 years. It is a miracle for me. No drug is not gonna come with out side effects, you gotta figure out what drug is worth the side effects. My favorite thing is the energy it gives me. NO other medicine has given me the right amount of energy, not too much, but enough to feel it kick in. However, if on a high dose, DON'T miss a day. Horrible brain shocks and tremors. I'm on 40mg daily. No other medicines with it."

edasgfl (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 7, 2017

"I had tried everything. Other drugs affected my sex life, made me gain weight, made me slow. Viibryd has been a life saver. The only thing that bothers me is that there won't be a generic for 3-5 years and without an HMO or Healthcare plan it is about $270 a month. I am lucky to have been employed continuously the time I have been on it. A tip - ask your doctor for sample packs and hoard them. A second tip - always google for coupons on any prescription. Viibryd has some "first year" discounts"

jtwrevo (taken for 10 years or more) October 21, 2017

"The first week of taking 10mg of Viibryd I did okay with the exception of diarrhea; then the anxiety began to wane. I still had "anger issues" so the doctor upped the dose to 20mg a day. That was okay for a couple weeks until all of a sudden, I have terrible anxiety, very bad nightmares, bruxism (clenching teeth) and bad headaches. I try to not to clench my teeth, but I go right back to clenching without realizing it. I dropped the dosage down to 10mg a day and I'm still not doing well. I'm about to call the doctor and tell him what the side effects are and to choose something else...or nothing at all."

Ferrari312P October 12, 2017

"Been on Viibryd for 6 years @ 40mg/day. Although it was great for the anger management and depression, I gained 65 pounds despite working out and started losing my hair in huge clumps. I still couldn't sleep through the night and noticed that I couldn't focus anymore for even short periods of time. My new doctor told me yesterday that all of the side effects that Viibryd WASN"T supposed to have, it ended up having anyway (listed above). Glad to be going off and see what changes happen. Be cautious if/when you do go off, must step down and it takes about a month. Headaches are horrible but do go away. Good luck!"

BellaRosesmom October 3, 2017

"I have taken many antidepressants over the past 20 years (Lexapro, Effexor, Wellbutrin, Remeron) and Viibryd is the best I have taken. I loved Lexapro and took it for 15 years before it finally lost its effectiveness and I didn't think I'd find anything better, but Viibryd is as good as Lexapro for me without the negative side sexual effects. The one caveat is that unlike the previous SSRI's I have to take Viibryd in the morning rather than at night or I get terrible insomnia. With my dose in the morning I now have literally no noticible side effects and my mood, motivation, and motivation for things are all elevated. Like any antidepressant there are negative side effects the first 2-4 weeks but those go away so hang in there!"

James47 September 14, 2017

"Started on 10mg of Viibryd and have been taking it for over 6 weeks. First week I experienced being "spacey", diarrhea and no appetite. After the first week, I started to feel better and have improved quite a bit. Anxiety is gone but still have "anger" issues, although not as bad prior to Viibryd. Asking the doctor to up the dosage to 20mg to possible help with anger issues. Otherwise, Viibryd is about the best anti-depressant I've ever taken. Much better than Wellbutrin/Zoloft/Prozac/Celexa/etc."

Ferrari312P August 28, 2017

"DO NOT EVEN THINK ABOUT TAKING THIS! I took it back it 2014 for a few months and took my dose about 4 hrs late. Let me tell you, I thought I was going to have to be put in a psych ward. I laid down to go to sleep and had brain zaps (loud bang and pops in your ears that aren't really there). I saw birds dying at my face, I felt a demon trying to smother me into my bed and saw children burning in a house! All because my dose was late. My Dr told me to wean off immediately. I was terrified to lay down at night because this continued to happen while I was trying to get off it. NEVER BEEN SO THANKFUL IN MY LIFE TO BE RID OF SOMETHING! After my experience and reading about others' experiences, I can't believe it's still available to ruin lives!"

Tennessegirl August 26, 2017

"I was on viibryd for just about a year the first 8 months were wonderful with issues of exhaustion here and there. Then the last few months I was on it my anxiety became so unmanageable after stopping viibryd I had little withdrawals thank the good lord because I have missed a dose of viibryd before and the nightmares are god awful. I'm really hoping to find a happy medium with medication its been an on going battle of finding something that works for almost 5 years now."

Southernbelle42392 August 7, 2017

"The first 3 weeks on Viibryd has little to no side effects. Starting on the 4th week, all the side effects came in all at once. Insomnia, swelling, joint pain, diarrhea, dizziness, dark thoughts, nightmares, and mood swings. Saw my doctor and she told me to stop taking it immediately. This medication is definitely not for me."

joeswife July 24, 2017

"After having poor results with several antidepressants, I started Viibryd. I only need 5-10 mg to feel a profound result. I eat really clean and exercise every day, so that may be part of why I need less. My doctor actually became emotional when he said he thought this was the right drug. I was suicidal and getting up in the morning was a monumental task. I couldn't focus on my family and social anxiety was high. I prayed that my body could adjust and it has. When I occasionally up my dose I have severe diarrhea but I just take an OTC to treat it. Insomnia was a problem at first but no longer is. I don't feel totally like myself, a little drugged, and my short term memory is very challenged. But it's worth it. I can function fully now."

Ellie1077 July 23, 2017

"I have been suffering with grief and loss. I started with the 10 mg starter dose in AM then 20mg is most effective, 40mg is to strong a dose. Have some dry mouth. It is nice there is no Fluorine, Chlorine in the chemical monogram. I have taken many type of these drug class: Zoloft, Paxil, amityptamine, Latuda, Effexor, Seroquel, Invega, Zyprexa, Buspar, prozac, Abilify. This one Viibryd has least side effects, with proper taper of the dose. And provide some relief to me, but not much. And that is better than most of this drug class. Cheers."

Runs with Scissors July 11, 2017

"Have been on most antidepressants since 1996, Prozac worked but then wears off (just discontinued 3 weeks ago). Viibryd at 10 mg first week helped, increased to 20mg as instructed. Have weakness overall, heart palpitations, dilated pupils, annoyed easily , unable to achieve the big O, gut feels awful and bloated, Cervical Dystonia is aggravated. I have not had diarrhea but cramping. Jittery feeling , thoughts of being better off dead for a few days now. Have only been on this med for 3 weeks... not sure what to do..."

DbLH (taken for less than 1 month) July 10, 2017

"I was on this med for about 2 months. During that time I started losing my hair and ended up losing quite a bit of it especially on the frontal part. It did give me more energy but I also had a hard time keeping my anxiety in check. I don't remember having the customary side effects and my body seemed to tolerate it quite well. If it hadn't been for the hair loss and anxiety issues, I probably would have stayed on it. I decided to go back on Paxil again a couple of days ago because I really had few problems with that except for weight gain if I don't watch myself."

Terrylsquier 2 July 6, 2017