User Reviews for Viibryd

Viibryd Rating Summary

6.6/10 Average Rating

What next? Compare all 219 medications used in the treatment of Depression.

Reviews for Viibryd to treat Depression

"Cons: I have insurance approved and the discount card and still pay $125 a month. I haven’t felt anything drastic yet at 10mg and I've been taking it 5 weeks or so (switching to 20mg this week). I’ve had super bad insomnia in middle of night/nightmares but nothing I haven’t had before. Some cases of sudden nausea if I don't eat for a few hours and some digestive stuff. Pros: got rid of my sleep paralysis, have enough energy, haven’t gained weight, decreases my urge to binge eat, more focused/motivated with school (but still depressed mood and emotional swings)"

Medipro (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 20, 2018

"I am a senior citizen that has been on viibryd one month. This drug has been awesome for me. The only side effects was very slight nausea the first week and loose stool on day one. I'm on 20 mg and I have never felt better in many many many years. I would highly recommend this drug and also I take it exactly according to directions. I am taking it right after breakfast and I just feel wonderful."

Alexryan2 (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 19, 2018

"Started on 10's then 20's then 40's and the misery started. It made my depression worse made me stay mad and very angry. The nightmares are unreal out of this world I was screaming for help and could not move but I was awake and asleep, it gave me the hardest pounding heartbeat in my head I've ever felt. I'm afraid to go to sleep until this is out of my system I don't think anyone should go through this misery it makes me very jittery and have worse anxiety than I had. I don't see how anyone can take this terrible medicine"

Unhappy camper September 10, 2018

"I hate it for the same reason that everyone who has ever taken it knows. Because you can't explain the way it makes you feel to someone who's never taken it and had these type of effects. I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy the way this medication has made me feel. Number 1; take being the most sleepy you've ever been and times it by a thousand, and it doesn't matter whether you're talking, working walking, or driving. If you drive and are taking this medicine and you start getting sleepy pull over immediately. Number 2; what I would call a powerful, dizzy-ing, electrical, storm that is about to call up the type of storm you would see in a movie that will end the world, inside my skull. Number 3; night terrors that make night terrors look like soft fuzzy kittens. It is also very expensive even with insurance and it's not worth dying over or killing someone else in a car wreck."

K (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 8, 2018

"This drug has really worked for me. I recently went up to 40mg and am thinking about going back to 20mg due to anxiety. I felt great on 20mg."

Thank_God_For_Viibryd (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 7, 2018

"I take this for severe anxiety after a long trial and error process of different SSRIs (Celexa, Lexapro, Zoloft, etc) none of them seemed to work. My doc did some genetic testing and it came back with Viibryd as a match, started out on 5mg, 10mg, now on 20mg and I finally feel like myself again-very little anxiety, no depersonalization/derealization (DPDR), no more panic attacks. DPDR and panic attacks were my main symptom and I was suffering severely. $10 with coupon card. And I am forever thankful. This has changed my life. I’m a RN and now I am able to function and enjoy life once again. Please don’t be ashamed to take something your body may desperately need. There is so much research on anxiety and other mental illness. There is no need to suffer in silence. Please go get help if needed and never be ashamed."

123 September 5, 2018

"I’ve been on pristiq for a couple of years and the last few months I thought I had something serious going on with my health. Upon getting blood tests done everything turned out fine, but the doctor mentioned it might be my anti depressant. I thought he was crazy. Then got swapped to viibryd. Long story short. I went from being unbelievably tired (multiple naps a day on weekends, falling asleep at my desk, could sleep 15 hours straight, etc), gained a lot of weight because I had no energy to workout anymore, was eating constantly, depressed to feeling amazing within ONE week of Viibryd. I have so much energy now, am working out, appetite went back to normal, am wide awake all day long, and couldn’t even take a nap if I wanted to. This is only with 10mg. Highly highly recommend it."

Nickname (taken for less than 1 month) September 4, 2018

" I was PRESCRIBED to try this viibyrd for my PMS, and I have my worst experience of side effects of all the medication I tried, it is not worth it, it gives you a vivid painful terrifying nightmares but to make it worst you are half awake and can feel everything. I NEVER EVER EXPERIENCED this kind of trauma but it doesn't stop there it make you the worst version of your self anything negative, your brain will overflowed by negativity and will give you hallucinations, anxiety, all bad things in one package. I can go on and on but it is just not kind nor humane to let someone try this medication and have them experience all of the side effects. Yes it might work for other people, but to take that risk for the people who might have these terrible side effects are just unacceptable."

Eni23 August 27, 2018

"I am 63 years of age and over the past 25 years I have taken Avyntil, lithium, Wellbutrin, Effexor trazadone etc. As with all medications there is a "waiting" period for the medications to kick in and sometimes that can take a couple of months for any medication to work as intended. As with others I started out at 10 mgs and worked up to 40 mgs a day. Yes it was uncomfortable initially, but I knew if I hung in there, it would get better and it has even been better than I had hoped. Taking an antidepressant is only one step in dealing with depression and bi-polar disorder. One must work on themselves by either undergoing talk therapy, writing a journal and generally taking care of one's self both mentally physically and spiritually. Medications by themselves are helpful but not the end all and be all. Initial side effects occur with any medication band, different medications don't always affect all people the same, but what works for me doesn't work for for others."

Salem's_Hill August 11, 2018

"I am so thankful for giving the medical professionals the ability to create this wonderful drug! It’s a life saver. No longer suicidal."

Mack (taken for less than 1 month) August 11, 2018

"I think this is really working for me. I’ve been on Celexa and then Lexapro for about 15 years. I went downhill emotionally about 1 1/2 - 2 years ago. I tried switching to Trintellix and did not have s good experience. Although I am not sure if it was the Trintellix or Flonase (steroid sensitivity) that caused me so many problems. Stopped the Flonase and went back on Lexapro. Fought the depression until about a month ago and a friend of mine suggested I try something else. My coworker mentioned Viibryd, so I decided to give it a try. Did a cross taper. Lexapro 20 to 15 to 10 to 5. Viibryd 10 to 20 I’m 1 1/2 into 20 mg of Viibryd and I finally beginning to feel like I used to prior to the downhill spiral. I really thought I was stuck like that. I am thankful for this drug."

JK (taken for less than 1 month) August 7, 2018

"I have been on Viibryd for about 6 years. It's has been a life saver, but seems as though its not working as well anymore. Started at 20mg, been at 40mg for 2 years. Celexa, Lexapro and welbutrin have not worked for me in the past."

tryingtocope (taken for 5 to 10 years) July 24, 2018

"No diarrhea faced. Mood improvement in 3 weeks. Worst thing with this medicine is horrible nightmares and electric jolts, whenever there is slight change in timing of the drug or the dosage."

ADITYA (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 8, 2018

"Day 4 of Viibryd, no side effects, very gentle SSRI. I have been on prozac, zoloft, lexapro, celexa, trintellix, buspar, and none of them helped. My doctor did the genetic Assay testing on me and we found out the genetic deficit I have and what medication will work. Viibryd is one of them that are suppose to work with my body. Please go get the testing done, it will change your life."

Godiswithyou June 29, 2018

"Took vibryd only 5mg for 10 days! Got deathly sick with severe headache and muscle twitching...No More Vibryd"

Angel (taken for less than 1 month) June 26, 2018

"I am on Day 3 of Viibryd, and even after taking it in the morning with food, I get horribly sick and stay nauseous all day long. I haven't had any appetite either. I won't be continuing this medicine."

652413 (taken for less than 1 month) June 15, 2018

"I have been taking 40mg for about 3 years. It took my anger and suicidal thoughts away immediately. I had tried just about every other drug and none worked. I have no energy though many people say it gave them more energy. I guess I am still really depressed but my moods are much better."

Wil (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 27, 2018

"I am extremely depressed and have terrible anxiety. I can not take any medicine. My Dr finally gave me Xanax for anxiety and it worked. I been on it a long time. Then came the depression - it was horrible - it was after a 17 years of a not so good marriage. He found someone else moved her in our home and left me in the projects. We divorced I was left with a car and a few dollars he closed bank account without telling me. Hasn't even checked. Anyway my dr knowing how I am on medicine tried and tried finally hit on Viibryd. Worked from the beginning. It is wonderful. Makes the ghost that hit in the afternoon go away. If its bad I take half a xanax with it. I never would have thought something would ever work on me. Thank you."

CiCi (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 21, 2018

"This drug is terrifying. I took it for 2 days and woke up the second day with uncontrollable leg shakes - had to take Xanax immediately and was late to work because I had to wait until the Xanax kicked in. Will never use this drug again- made my anxiety through the roof and was jumping out of my skin. Be careful!"

tszul (taken for less than 1 month) March 15, 2018

"It actually worked quite well for me I noticed a huge difference in my attitude and my mood a whole lot less anger but it's very expensive and they would no longer give me samples at the doctor's so unfortunately I had to get off of this medication but it was the only one that has worked and we have tried them all"

Lj mountain (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 31, 2018

"I have been taking Viibryd for years and it has changed my life for the better. I tried many other antidepressants in the past that did nothing for me. I used to sleep all the time. Day after day of just hiding and sleeping. I now have energy. I don't spend my days in bed I am out doing things and enjoying myself. It does have some side effects for me but the joy I get out of living is outweighed by them. I wish I could have found this sooner as it has given me back my life!"

Graciecj January 4, 2018

"Have had depression for years. Also bipolar. Have been on just about everything and it always stops working or just does not work. Viibryd worked for about 8 months then just stopped working. It made me emotionless. I don’t even know what or how to feel. Did not really have any other bad side effects. Am now weaning off. Have had 2 episodes of loud explosions and a few bad dreams but nothing unbearable. I really want off this med. I just want my emotions back. Oh yes. Have had hair loss. Not happy about that. Did lose 40 lb but that’s because of keto the last year. I just think this med will work for some people and will just STOP working for some people but It did not prove to be effective for me. And what will it do long term."

?73.,!$&&.: (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 2, 2018

"I have had treatment resistant depression (MDD) for over 18 years. I was suicidal for a large part of my life and tried to take kill myself on numerous occasions. I am 30 years old with a strong genetic predisposition to depression. Lithium had helped with the Suicidal Idealistation but it wore off over time. Viibryd has literally changed my life! Within a few months I felt like a new person and 8 months later, I am still doing very well. I haven't experienced a suicidal thought for over 7 months and I had never gone more than a few weeks. This break in the depression has given me a chance to truly utlitize my therapy. Even if it doesn't last forever, I'm incredibly thankful for this break. If you have Treatment Resistant Depression and Suicidal Idealisation, definitely try this one."

Jen6453 December 28, 2017

"I’ve only been on Viibryd for two weeks, but I can already tell a HUGE difference in my mood and motivation to do things. I recently came off Bupropion, which made me angry and irritable all the time, so I knew I had to make a change. My doctor gave me many samples of Viibryd because it is an expensive drug, so make sure to snag as many samples as you can unless you just have amazing insurance that will cover its cost. I also have crippling anxiety, and I can see that Viibryd has really taken the edge off. I can’t ask much more from a drug! I have tried all the major SSRIs over the years, but Viibryd is the only one to change my life for the better."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) December 24, 2017

"I threw up violently just hours after taking my first dose (with food), had a headache and felt tired. I can safely say I won't be taking a second dose."

Clairemobucho December 19, 2017

Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ...

Learn more about Depression