User Reviews for Vancomycin to treat Clostridioides difficile Infection

Also known as: Vancocin, Firvanq, Vancocin HCl, Vancocin HCl Pulvules

Vancomycin has an average rating of 6.2 out of 10 from a total of 6 ratings for the treatment of Clostridioides difficile Infection. 33% of reviewers reported a positive effect, while 33% reported a negative effect.

Vancomycin Rating Summary

6.2/10 average rating

Compare all 18 medications used in the treatment of Clostridioides difficile Infection.

jhill15 · Taken for less than 1 month February 26, 2013

“Diagnosed with C Diff and prescribed Flagyl. Worst week of my life. Terrible side effects including dizziness, insomnia, weepiness, irritable, nightmares, tingling and numbness in feet and legs. I even felt as if my personality changed! My doctor (who I will no longer see) refused to change my medicine to vancomycin, but told me to "tough it out". I painstakingly took 6 days of Flagyl but couldn't take any more. I went to a different doctor and she immediately prescribed Vancomycin. My C Diff symptoms disappeared almost immediately, no side effects but maybe occasional headache. I can't say how happy I am with this medicine. I can take the full course of 10 days with no problems, and C Diff symptoms have not returned yet. Can't believe the difference.”

rachface · Taken for less than 1 month October 22, 2019

“vancomycin seemed to kill the Clostridial bacteria infection- and everything else in my gut! Those with IBS-D who are sensitive to antibiotics may want to proceed with caution when choosing this drug to treat C. Diff; my side effects were sore bowels and intractable nausea which did not subside until a full week after I was done with the course.”

mikeman3 June 26, 2011

“Cured the C-diff infection great, however have to take this for 14 days in liquid form, and when I finished taking it I now have had unbearable heartburn and reflux that will not go away well over a week now, have tried Pepto-Bismal, tums, Nexium 40 mg and everything else over the counter and prescription for heartburn, and the severe heartburn still is not resolving or going away.”

Deaths Door May 8, 2017

“I can't rate the actual medication because I can't afford it. I've been on over 14 weeks of flagyl total and I am on disability and vancomycin is over 50% of my income so I can either die starving and homeless or die a slow painful death of c diff - which is how I currently feel. Right now it's a coin toss”

Fatma Faisal · Taken for less than 1 month August 2, 2015

“I have given this to my mother, 2 courses (2x15days) after a C.Diff infection. Beside it so expensive (C$540) it made the diarrhea symptoms goes away for the duration of course then comes back again! So disappointed, Dr. Now indicated that third course maybe in the way.”

08sporttrac December 12, 2016

“Second time around for this drug in the last 5 months was diagnosed with clostridial infection after hospital stay in June now after this dose I expect to have fecal implant surgery to clear up all issues”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month July 21, 2017

“Nausea, tiredness, bladder infection, ringing in my ears, muscle pain, constipation, numbness in the fingers, cramps in the stomach, itching. Medicine should heal you not cause so many side effects!”