User Reviews for Valproic acid to treat Epilepsy

Also known as: Valproate Sodium

Reviews for Valproic acid

excelljess34 May 4, 2017

“After 2 years on this pill I'm starting to feel severe joint and muscle ache, swelling of the arm and legs... the swelling was so severe that it I couldnt walk. The side effects of this drug really outway the benefits.”

TroubledTeenager · Taken for 1 to 2 years December 26, 2016

“I was diagnosed with Juvinile Myoclonic Epilepsy when I was 16. For nearly two years now I have been on Valparin. Although I haven't had a siezure for that duration at all, I must say there were some unpleasant side effects. Firstly, it made me loose my focus very easily. I was getting distracted at the slightest of provocation. It also made me unable to cry, you know, to let it all out just wasn't possible. And then there was also some bouts of depression that made me wonder if I am on the right drug. My final opinion is that take this med for a longer duration only if you can cope up with the side effects. Talk to your doctor if you feel uncomfortable with this drug.”

Learn more about Epilepsy

ICD-10 CM Clinical Codes (External)