U-S 250 (Valproic acid 250 mg)
Pill imprint U-S 250 has been identified as Valproic acid 250 mg.
Valproic acid is used in the treatment of epilepsy; bipolar disorder; schizoaffective disorder; seizure prevention; mania (and more), and belongs to the drug class fatty acid derivative anticonvulsants. When treating epilepsy: There is positive evidence of human fetal risk during pregnancy. When treating migraine: Not for use in pregnancy. Valproic acid 250 mg is not a controlled substance under the Controlled Substance Act (CSA).
- U-S 250
- 250 mg
- Prescription only
- Drug Class:
- Fatty acid derivative anticonvulsants
- Pregnancy Category:
- D - Positive evidence of risk - When treating epilepsy
X - Not for use in pregnancy - When treating migraine
- CSA Schedule:
- Not a controlled drug
- Upsher-Smith Laboratories, Inc.
More about valproic acid
- Side Effects
- During Pregnancy or Breastfeeding
- Dosage Information
- Drug Images
- Drug Interactions
- Support Group
- Pricing & Coupons
- En Español
- 27 Reviews – Add your own review/rating
- Drug class: fatty acid derivative anticonvulsants
- Valproate Syrup
- Valproic acid
- Valproic acid delayed-release capsules
- Valproic acid syrup
- Valproic acid (Advanced Reading)
Related treatment guides
Every effort has been made to ensure that the information provided is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. If you have questions about the drugs you are taking, check with your doctor, nurse or pharmacist.
Copyright 2017 Drugs.com, National Library of Medicine, Truven Health Analytics and Cerner Multum, Inc. All Rights Reserved.