User Reviews for Depakene

Depakene has an average rating of 5.0 out of 10 from a total of 5 ratings on Drugs.com. 38% of reviewers reported a positive experience, while 38% reported a negative experience.

Schizoaffective Disorder
Seizure Prevention
Seizures
Summary of Depakene reviews 5.0 5 reviews

tkdmom · Taken for 2 to 5 years · October 5, 2013

For Bipolar Disorder "Appreciated what this medicine has done for me. I'm on a pretty high dose and haven't experienced any of the symptoms of nausea or anything like that except right in the very beginning and that quickly wore off."

honestman01 · Taken for 5 to 10 years · May 17, 2022

"I have been taking this med for 6 years, very effective to control mania but not as effective for depression (I had to take Cipralex). This med has a lot of side effects: Hair thinning, Memory Loss, Weigh Gaining, Urination problems, Fatigue ( Specially for High Doses)..... I don't recommend this med for Bipolar, it's only effect for mania. 9/10 For Mania For other Symptoms of Bipolar and BPD : 4/10"

cautiousgirl_87 · July 6, 2011

For Bipolar Disorder "My Doctor prescribed me this medication and on the first night I took it I had bad nausea. I told my doctor about it and decided to give it another chance a few days later. The second time it caused nausea, heartburn and left an acid feel in my mouth so I don't know if it works for other people but the side effects weren't worth it. "

SensiblePi · July 16, 2015

For Seizures "I was on this for 4 1/2 years, right up to a very high dose. I got the side effect of constantly feeling hungry yet never feeling full, no matter how much I ate. That immediately caused me to gain 10 lbs. a month for 6 months: 60 pounds! It also gave me the side effects of major depression and a generally unpleasant mood overall. It was of the usual average effectiveness in controlling my seizures, which began due to neurological brain damage in a traffic accident. Note: This medication is highlyY dangerous to pregnant women. It will cause permanent damage to their fetus."

cottonkandie · October 9, 2011

For Schizoaffective Disorder "After trying about 10 different medicines this one has been the best."

gertie67 · Taken for 2 to 5 years · March 24, 2013

For Schizoaffective Disorder "Effective for mood symptoms when at therapeutic level."

Rx2009 · October 27, 2009

For Seizure Prevention "The side effects of this drug were so harsh I didn't stick around for its alleged benefits, i.e. seizure prevention. "

LeiGirl · Taken for 2 to 5 years · September 23, 2015

For Seizure Prevention "I wouldn't give this to my worst enemy. The side effects are so severe that they outweigh any benefit regarding seizure control. After 2 years on this medication, I was a walking zombie."