User Reviews for Trimethoprim systemic

Urinary Tract Infection
2.6

Summary of Trimethoprim reviews 2.9 25 reviews

Reviews for Trimethoprim

For Urinary Tract Infection: "Awful medication. Took for 2 1/2 days and had to stop taking. Symptoms: -Acute pain in arms, legs, groin. Difficulty in moving to fingers etc. -Fever -Headache -Red eyes -Rash on leg -Stiff neck -Back pain -unable to sleep To make matters worse... bladder pain still there. Will never take again!"

Sandy (taken for less than 1 month) December 8, 2018

For Urinary Tract Infection: "Prescribed 20 of these to take over a period of 10 days. Half way through, symptoms of UTI have gone BUT I have awful giddiness and nausea with these. After about 6 hours it wears off and I feel great till I swallow the next one. Dizziness means it’s effecting work and head headed / stiff neck. Hope I don’t have to take them again as it makes me feel horrible!"

DRUK (taken for less than 1 month) November 10, 2018

For Bladder Infection: "I had other antibiotics before and other medicines but never had side effects or allergies till I was prescribed trimethoprim. Took 1 tablet and after few hours i started to have a headache not that painful but after the second tablet was really bad I woke up during that night. The next morning the headache was better and I thought I should take another tablet see how I feel, had it with food to be sure I won't be sick. I regretted it after 1 hour or so when suddenly I got nausea ,bad taste in my mouth and the worst throbbing headache ever! Couldn't do anything just stayed in bed. Eventually I started to feel better and stopped taking these. Reading other opinions on here, I think they should ban this antibiotic."

Dhfh October 27, 2018

For Not Listed / Other: "I was prescribed 300ng of trimetthoprim 6 weeks ago for Acne by a dermatologist who told me I should go on Accutane for 6 months and that will cure it, but she wanted me to go to go to all these check ups first (family planning, psychiatrists and come back to her every month , all expenses paid cash as I have no insurance so I couldnt afford it. She gave me trimethoprim for 4 months probably just to get rid of me, this is the typical medical care in Ireland. 10 days into the treatment I got a rash at the time I thought it was an allergic reaction from a burger, it went after few days. Then I got major depression and anxiety it became as bad as I couldn’t sleep I was wide awake for over a week .Recently I noticed my hair is thinning its falling out a lot and I put 2 and 2 together and I stop taking this drug I wish I realized sooner"

Alex25 (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 24, 2018

For Urinary Tract Infection: "I took three day course. From day 2 bad headache, weariness and aching. Had to sleep on day 3. After stopping, was ill for 2 days with exhaustion, terrible headaches, toothaches, and pain throughout my body. I will never take this dangerous drug again."

Blue October 9, 2018

For Urinary Tract Infection: "After taking two tablets I went into anaphylatic shock, had to call paramedics inject adrenaline and spend 18 hours in Accident and Emergency, just beware of this, I had never taken Trimehtoprim before, dangerous drug."

greylady (taken for less than 1 month) October 3, 2018

For Urinary Tract Infection: "The urine tract infection is gone after two doses, but at a cost. Feeling nausea, vomiting, itchy rash on ear, slight temperature increase, a terrible headache. I stopped taking it after the second dose by doctors advice."

Jen (taken for less than 1 month) June 29, 2018

For Urinary Tract Infection: "I was give 4 days of trimethoprim for a UTI . After the first tablet it brought on intense anxiety and panic attacks and I couldn’t sleep. I stopped it after the second day and it went away. It was awful will never touch it again !!!"

Jazz (taken for less than 1 month) June 5, 2018

For Urinary Tract Infection: "Caused extreme depression, anxiety and panic."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) May 10, 2018

For Urinary Tract Infection: "Since taking a low dose of this drug, I have had pricking all over my body. It feels kind of like shingles, though it's not. I am supposed to take for 3 months, but will have to call Dr. to get something different because of this side effect."

Irene (taken for less than 1 month) April 29, 2018

For Not Listed / Other: "Taking per doctors orders for a infected cyst on my scalp. It seems to work but I have been terribly nauseous and have diarrhea. I still have 5 more days to take "

Beebs (taken for less than 1 month) April 25, 2018

For Urinary Tract Infection: "I’m on a 3-day course with these tablets for a UTI Since taking them I’ve had the worst throbbing headaches, I’m dehydrated and can’t seem to quench my thirst, I’m exhausted (really fatigued) I have stiff neck and a sore throat. I’ve taken these in the past and never had side effects like this. They have changed somehow"

Edwina (taken for less than 1 month) March 20, 2018

For Urinary Tract Infection: "This drug worked very well for me and cleared up my UTI in a matter of 48hrs, although I was on a 7 day course of 2x200mg/daily. Unfortunately once the tablets finished the infection returned so needed a 2nd course. I'm currently taking a low dose at evening to keep the infection at bay while the specialists do some tests. I normally get every side effect going and dread taking new medication in any form especially after an horrific experience with Ciorofloxacin but the only side effect I experienced with this was itchy ankles and feet on day two but that didn't last into third day so I would class this as a minor side effect and insignificant. Good luck."

Booty UK (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 22, 2017

For Urinary Tract Infection: "caused me severe toothache and jaw ache"

j h (taken for less than 1 month) May 22, 2017

For Urinary Tract Infection: "I was prescribed Trimethoprim for urinary tract infection and found that I started spotting and had no clue why this was happening . I felt alarmed and tried to find out the reason but later after I got the urine test reports , I found that I did not have any infection and was taking this antibiotics for no reason so I was asked to discontinue the antibiotic . When I stopped the medicine , the spotting stopped. I wanted to share this information as there is no mention of this side effect for this medicine anywhere."

Anonymous April 19, 2017

For Urinary Tract Infection: "Was given accidentally a triple dose and I had weird psychological effects, panic and paranoia. I rang poison information and this can happen in too high doses"

Bede Bedeb April 5, 2017

For Urinary Tract Infection: "Cleared up the uti BUT 5 weeks after taking the final tablet I'm still having side effects. First noticed that I had a sore throat and stiff neck after taking tablets for 5 days ( was given a seven day course) but did not make connection with taking antibiotics. Continued to take medication. I then developed sensitive scalp, neck pain got worse and on and off headaches plus shoulder/back pain. Felt awful. I was on holiday at the time and it seemed to ease after about a week. Reported to my GP on returning to the UK. Now 5 weeks later, on holidays again, neck pain, sore skin, head pains are all back. Hope this helps others. Not sure if I should seek medical attention or just hope problems go with time."

JB/63 (taken for less than 1 month) November 25, 2016

For Urinary Tract Infection: "It cleared up my UTI but made me feel extremely nauseated and gave me really bad headaches. I got prescribed it last year though without any side effects so I'm not really sure what that's about."

Kirst678 September 23, 2016

For Urinary Tract Infection: "I was taking 200mg over 3 days. On the second day I got horrendous neck ache, ear ache and a sore throat. I stopped taking it but the symptoms carried on. I'm going back to the doctors today for something else."

Craftycarrie (taken for less than 1 month) August 26, 2016

For Bladder Infection: "Due to allergies trimethoprim is the best choice for a bladder infection for me. Used once before about 4 years ago after infection from catheter after surgery. Works fine for me and I have not had the side effects some experience. So in my case a very good choice."

lady user March 8, 2016

For Urinary Tract Infection: "I was getting daily migraines on this drug. Half-way through the course I decided to stop taking my daily dose, after a really awful migraine that I needed to take sumatriptan to clear up. Another doctor had prescribed me another antibiotic for UTI earlier in the year. I had no problems then."

Mimity1 (taken for less than 1 month) January 5, 2016

For Urinary Tract Infection: "I was prescribed trimethoprim by GP, I was a little confused as I was 25 week pregnant at the time. The drug can still be prescribed but during testing was observed to cause some problems????? Needless to say, the drug didn't work. I as usual ended up with thrush from the tablets and when I had a check up a week later I still have the infection. Doctor has prescribed Nitrofurantoin. These pose lesser risk to my baby, but are a lower dose. fingers crossed these will work. I live in the uk"

Tantan1991 (taken for less than 1 month) November 13, 2015

For Bladder Infection: "I took the 200 mg strength and was given 16 tablets. On the morning in which I took the very last dose I came out in the most horrendous rash I have EVER experienced and have told I must NEVER take that drug again. The rash - over a period of about 3 hours - spread over my entire body, including my face. I was hot and itchy beyond belief. My doctor was absolutely shocked as she said that any reaction usually appears after taking just a few tablets. I'm in U.K. so some questions are not relevant to me."

Nancy Z August 9, 2015

For Bladder Infection: "I was prescribed 200mg 2x day, and two days in I stopped taking these tablets-that was two days ago and still my entire body is a mass of burning red itchiness- looks like measles and is getting worse."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) April 3, 2015

For Urinary Tract Infection: "This medication does work rapidly on urinary tract infections but has given me a sore throat."

Jeglen (taken for less than 1 month) August 7, 2013