User Reviews for Trimethobenzamide to treat Nausea/Vomiting

Also known as: Tigan, Benzacot

Trimethobenzamide has an average rating of 8.1 out of 10 from a total of 8 ratings for the treatment of Nausea/Vomiting. 75% of those users who reviewed Trimethobenzamide reported a positive effect, while 13% reported a negative effect.

Trimethobenzamide Rating Summary

8.1/10 average rating

Compare all 170 medications used in the treatment of Nausea/Vomiting.

Will · Taken for less than 1 month January 6, 2021

Tigan (trimethobenzamide): “10 years I suffered from pancolitus before being diagnosed, tried promethazine, xofran, omeprizole, liquid antacid medication, and a few others. Lost 140lb, and was in the hospital monthly. Finally started Tigan and I've gained 20lbs i. the past 10 days, I'm hydrated again, not malnutrished, can actually live life again. It is a whole new future because of Tigan.”

Jules · Taken for 10 years or more June 13, 2020

Tigan (trimethobenzamide): “Tigan is the only anti-nausea med that works for me. I call it my miracle pill because it's so effective and works quickly. I don't know what I'd do without it.”

MissAnnieM August 20, 2018

Tigan (trimethobenzamide): “I'm highly allergic to compazine and anything in that family of phenothiazines and phenothyazides which is the majority of the anti-nausea drugs. Tigan is one of the few things I know of for an anti nausea medication that is not related and I can handle in small amount infrequently. I have the capsules at home, at the hospital they had an injectable. There used to be a suppository which I wish they still had but as far as I know they are no longer made. I keep a few capsules on hand for emergency.”

ginafur95 · Taken for 2 to 5 years February 4, 2015

Tigan (trimethobenzamide): “I have tried most of the mainline anti-nausea medications and they either did not work or I had reactions to them. I had a very experienced nurse who suggested giving Tigan a try and since then I have been taking it as needed for over four years to help with pain related nausea. It works much better if I stay ahead of the nausea and don't let it get out of control before I treat.”

Traceyashrn · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 29, 2013

Tigan (trimethobenzamide): “Was on phenergan for years. It worked perfectly! However, the side effects of phenergan were making my restless leg worse. They switched me to Tigan. It's pretty good. It just doesn't completely wipe out all the nausea or last as long as phenergan, but it definitely works for me!”

Reservechic · Taken for less than 1 month October 26, 2013

Tigan (trimethobenzamide): “I took one pill of this as it's supposed to help with treating nausea. At the time, I was experiencing severe nausea and this pill did absolutely nothing to help me. It caused stomach upset, which I find to be really weird. As it is supposed to be designed to get rid of such.”

lisasTO October 22, 2008

“This is the only drug that makes it possible for me to drive long distance or function due to the nausea I get when I get migraines. No other motion sickness medicine works, and I've tried everything. I never go anywhere without it. When they quit making it for a while, I had to use suppositories and they worked too, just not quite as long or completely. I hope they never quit making it, I would be in trouble.”

j a w November 7, 2009

“I have type one diabetes so not being able to eat, due to nausea and vomiting, can really throw blood/sugar levels off in a hurry. My doctor prescribed trimethobenzamide for me many years ago, when I was suffering with the flu and it worked extremely well and almost instantly, so I've always requested it whenever I've had problems with nausea which (thankfully) is very infrequently but it's been (possibly literally) a life-saver at those times!!!”

Lukeohio March 23, 2008

“Tigan has greatly improved my life. I am no longer have nausea. I can live life better because of it.”

Learn more about Nausea/Vomiting