User Reviews for Trimethobenzamide

Nausea/Vomiting
8.3

Reviews for Trimethobenzamide

ginafur95 · Taken for 2 to 5 years · February 4, 2015

Tigan (trimethobenzamide) for Nausea/Vomiting: “I have tried most of the mainline anti-nausea medications and they either did not work or I had reactions to them. I had a very experienced nurse who suggested giving Tigan a try and since then I have been taking it as needed for over four years to help with pain related nausea. It works much better if I stay ahead of the nausea and don't let it get out of control before I treat.”

Will · Taken for less than 1 month · January 6, 2021

Tigan (trimethobenzamide) for Nausea/Vomiting: “10 years I suffered from pancolitus before being diagnosed, tried promethazine, xofran, omeprizole, liquid antacid medication, and a few others. Lost 140lb, and was in the hospital monthly. Finally started Tigan and I've gained 20lbs i. the past 10 days, I'm hydrated again, not malnutrished, can actually live life again. It is a whole new future because of Tigan.”

Traceyashrn · Taken for 1 to 6 months · October 29, 2013

Tigan (trimethobenzamide) for Nausea/Vomiting: “Was on phenergan for years. It worked perfectly! However, the side effects of phenergan were making my restless leg worse. They switched me to Tigan. It's pretty good. It just doesn't completely wipe out all the nausea or last as long as phenergan, but it definitely works for me!”

MissAnnieM · August 20, 2018

Tigan (trimethobenzamide) for Nausea/Vomiting: “I'm highly allergic to compazine and anything in that family of phenothiazines and phenothyazides which is the majority of the anti-nausea drugs. Tigan is one of the few things I know of for an anti nausea medication that is not related and I can handle in small amount infrequently. I have the capsules at home, at the hospital they had an injectable. There used to be a suppository which I wish they still had but as far as I know they are no longer made. I keep a few capsules on hand for emergency.”

Reservechic · Taken for less than 1 month · October 26, 2013

Tigan (trimethobenzamide) for Nausea/Vomiting: “I took one pill of this as it's supposed to help with treating nausea. At the time, I was experiencing severe nausea and this pill did absolutely nothing to help me. It caused stomach upset, which I find to be really weird. As it is supposed to be designed to get rid of such.”

lisasTO · October 22, 2008

For Nausea/Vomiting: “This is the only drug that makes it possible for me to drive long distance or function due to the nausea I get when I get migraines. No other motion sickness medicine works, and I've tried everything. I never go anywhere without it. When they quit making it for a while, I had to use suppositories and they worked too, just not quite as long or completely. I hope they never quit making it, I would be in trouble.”

Enigmad · Taken for 5 to 10 years · June 18, 2021

Tigan (trimethobenzamide) for Nausea/Vomiting: “Tigan user for about 7 years. I tried everything, promethazine, ondensteron, finally my doctor mentioned tigan and I said sure can't hurt to try it. It was incredibly effective for me. Suffering from a rare stomach disease, severe chronic pancreatitis, and nausea all the time; it was a godsend! I gained 20 pounds in 2 weeks, work lunches were fun and I didn't have to look at my food and wonder what I could force feed myself or eat anything at all. I would work full time and on call and not eat solid food for 3 days. Goodbye my friend, you have been discontinued. Prochlorperazine is just a shadow of you. Another drug that works for me fine, but most don't like it.”

j a w · November 7, 2009

For Nausea/Vomiting: “I have type one diabetes so not being able to eat, due to nausea and vomiting, can really throw blood/sugar levels off in a hurry. My doctor prescribed trimethobenzamide for me many years ago, when I was suffering with the flu and it worked extremely well and almost instantly, so I've always requested it whenever I've had problems with nausea which (thankfully) is very infrequently but it's been (possibly literally) a life-saver at those times!!!”

Jules · Taken for 10 years or more · June 13, 2020

Tigan (trimethobenzamide) for Nausea/Vomiting: “Tigan is the only anti-nausea med that works for me. I call it my miracle pill because it's so effective and works quickly. I don't know what I'd do without it.”

Lukeohio · March 23, 2008

For Nausea/Vomiting: “Tigan has greatly improved my life. I am no longer have nausea. I can live life better because of it.”