User Reviews for Halcion

Learn more about Halcion.

Insomnia 13 reviews 110 medications

8.7
Summary of Halcion reviews 13 reviews 8.7

Reviews for Halcion

For Insomnia "I was on halcion for almost 5 years until I built a tolerance and it stopped working. Since then I have tried numerous medications of various types and none have worked as well as halcion. Most have not even been close or didn't work at all. With halcion, I fell asleep quickly and naturally, and stayed asleep at least 6 hours. It was a restful sleep with no side effects like dreams or strange behavior. I had no problems waking up or functioning the following day. It's only now that I can't find a substitute that I really appreciate the benefits of halcion."

lisaakjc (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 25, 2016

For Insomnia "The best sleep and no side effects"

keithieg (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 6, 2015

For Insomnia "I have problems falling asleep and staying asleep. Halcion works really well and I have been taking 0.25mg once a night for the past 5 years and I have never needed to increase the dose. I sometimes only take half a pill and it works okay. I've tried ambien and lunesta but they didn't work as well. I have noticed memory problems and short term memory loss over the years and think it may be caused by the long term daily use but I'd rather get good sleep. Insurance only covers 10 pills so I just pay out of pocket to get 30 pills."

Anonymous (taken for 5 to 10 years) May 30, 2015

For Insomnia "Probably one of the BEST medications for insomnia..its a shame its rarely prescribed anymore."

slosippa (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 23, 2015

For Insomnia "Halcion has been very effective for me. The only problem I have noticed is if I eat late the medicine is not effective. I take Halcion with trazodone and never had to increase dosage on either medicine. I have been using this combination for 5 or 6 years. My insomnia was a result of menopause."

Tinafrca August 21, 2014

For Insomnia "I was prescribed 0.25mg for about 9 months. It worked great. Quick acting and nice feeling. But tolerance did build up towards the end and was not getting as good sleep. I'm on Zolpidem now which I find great."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 23, 2014

For Insomnia "It is not pleasant if you cannot function in life because you cannot sleep... this medication helped me to get back to my life."

gch February 19, 2013

For Insomnia "My PCP switched me from Ambien to Halcion about 5 months ago because I suffer from severe insomnia. I take 2 every evening, fall asleep fast and sleep about 5-7 hours (which is great for me). I recommend this sleep aid over any other."

Mom of three (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 17, 2012

For Insomnia "I was prescribed this medication by my Dr for insomnia and I have to say it works great! Works fast, get a great nights sleep with no hang over effects. Wake up refreshed and ready to go the next day."

SuzieQ07 (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 26, 2012

For Insomnia "Works quickly, no "hangover" or side effects, have taken it for 2 years with no need to up dosage- more effective than Lunesta or Ambien for me and no side effects."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 2, 2012

For Insomnia "Works great!"

Anonymous September 30, 2011

For Insomnia "My problem is not falling asleep, but staying asleep. Halcion is perfect for me. I wake up without drowsiness. I do not take every night...only when I need to break the bad sleep cycle. I have tried almost every sleeping pill over the years and keep returning to Halcion. It is inexpensive (compared to others like Lunesta) and effective...what more can you ask."

Anonymous June 1, 2011

For Insomnia "I use Halcion. It will help for falling a sleep. It works great for me. I don't have the drowzieness when wake up in the morning."

Anonymous July 20, 2009

86 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate