User Reviews for Halcion

The following information is NOT intended to endorse any particular medication. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners.

Insomnia
8.3

Summary of Halcion reviews 8.3 27 reviews

Reviews for Halcion

Aaron December 10, 2019

For Insomnia "OK For Sleep! But way to expensive! "

Bobby Bifflebaum · Taken for less than 1 month November 14, 2019

For Insomnia "Halcion just didn’t work for my insomnia"

Dad & Professor · Taken for less than 1 month October 15, 2019

For Insomnia "I am in my mid-forties, am overweight, and have struggled with eating in the middle of the night for decades. I've tried dozens of sleeping aids (natural, meditation, and drugs) and found Halcion (Triazolam) to be the only drug that allows me to sleep completely through the night (6-8 hours). Even when I get up in the middle of the night to use the bathroom, I just want to go back to bed and sleep. I'm a bit groggy in the morning, but fine after a good cup of coffee. Now I'm sleeping better and losing weight! This is a game changer for me and my family!"

Julio · Taken for 6 months to 1 year October 10, 2019

For Insomnia "I have about 15 years taking different pills by many doctors andthe maximum I could sleep is 2 Hours. I feel tired all the time and could fall sleep any place during the day for 5 long minutes waking up with a huge headache. Anyway old doctor told me try Halcion he give 3 pills 1 tablet for each night and WOW first time sleeping 8 hours. I got so happy so went back with my doctor and said this what I need From there I took it some times over a year of treatment to get better sleep patterns but I did thanks to my doctor and halcion"

Benzodream · Taken for 1 to 2 years May 21, 2019

For Insomnia "For me at the recommended dose of .25 mg, this drug is good for a 2 hour nap. It works to get to sleep, but not stay asleep. The half life is way too short. It wears off too quickly. I have to take .5 mg, (then another .25 - .5 mg when I wake up in 2 to 3 hours) to get a decent nights sleep. There are many better benzodiazepines for sleep. Even xanax (which isn't indicated for sleep) works better, diazepam is better, temazepam is better. Its also fairly expensive (almost $3 per .25 mg pill)"

Sqrl · Taken for 5 to 10 years March 1, 2019

For Insomnia "Struggled with insomnia off and on for 25 years Personally I have found nothing that works better than triazolam I have tried everything for sleep Otc and prescriptions (and then some). For me benzodiazepines are definitely most effective, and triazolam is in my top 3, and probably my favorite. Works best of you don't take it every nite. If you have to take something every nite, switch to a non benzodiazepine, and cycle the benzos no more than every other night. Remeron is a decent drug for insomnia, but has a few side effects. Same with seroquel, trazodone, and most tricyclic antidepressants. Melatonin receptor agonists like ramelteon and tasimelteon have not shown much promise. Z drugs like ambien lunesta and sonata are effective for some people, but bind to same receptors as benzos, with lesser efficacy and pretty much the same side effects. Stick with benzos, just don't take them everyday."

Karl · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 9, 2018

For Insomnia "My dose of Halcion was not adequate for 6 to 8 hrs sleep.I would wake after 4hrs of sleep. The doctor added 10mg of olanzapine to be taken at 6pm daily.Now sleeping 8 plus hrs every day."

Jbkind · Taken for 10 years or more January 29, 2018

For Insomnia "Hi everyone I've been on and off Triazolam for 30 years. Take 0.25mg tablets, one and a half each night I do the weird food thing that I don't remember in the morning. My biggest problem is not remembering things that happened the day before, like big chunks my kids are so annoyed with it that they won't remind me of stuff like I ask a question and they say we talked about all that last night if you don't remember to bad not going over it again. Anyone else had this happen? By the way I live in New Zealand and doctor costs $40 and prescription costs $5.00"

Lee groce · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 10, 2017

For Insomnia "Very expensive, 1 month supply is 200 dollars"

manners · Taken for less than 1 month February 26, 2017

For Insomnia "I had insomnia for over 72 hours. Halcion fixed it immediately. The bad news is they only gave a weeks worth and then the Dr. went on vacation and his stand-in refused to refill. I had 2 days of insomnia after that and then it passed."

Teri 63 February 14, 2017

"Every since a traumatic experience at a dentist when I was a teen, I have been a mess whenever I went to the dentist. Consequently, I did not go as consistent at I should have. When I made a determination to go back, I wept in the chair. My dentist asked me if anyone has every sedated me before treatment and I replied no. He recommended and prescribed Halcion 1 hour before treatment. I am no longer afraid to go to the dentist! I wish this would have been an option sooner than later. Thank you!"

Findagoodwaytoletpeopleusename · Taken for 2 to 5 years December 27, 2016

For Insomnia "I started taking this for insomnia caused by PTSD. It has been incredibly helpful. It is literally the ONLY thing that can get me to sleep when I'm having problems. My doc has kept me on it despite the improvement in night time PTSD episodes because I still have unrelated insomnia, and still have occasional bouts that are related to PTSD. It's been a godsend."

BabyGurl3171 December 26, 2016

For Insomnia "Works well for sleep. However, I'm prescribed it for Nocturnal panic attacks (panic that wakes me up) & it definitely does the trick. I gave it 9/10 bc I will actually end up having an attack shortly after it kicks in. Usually lasts 5-10 mins before I fall asleep."

Frank lifty · Taken for 2 to 5 years November 15, 2016

For Insomnia "Keeps on working great after using for 2 years."

D-Ray · Taken for 10 years or more July 29, 2016

For Insomnia "I was 28 when my doctor wrote my first script. I had just had to put my mother in a nursing home and that did not go well for her or for me. And I had just take a job 350 miles from home. I started with a white cap, a 1.0 mg. It worked great for me, but some people had problems with that dose of 1 mg and the FDA said doctors could not write anything above .50, or two white caps, .25. When I had to reduce my dose, it took me 6 months to get my body adjusted. So, 31 years later, I am 59 now and have to have the .50 to sleep. All my insurance companies thru the years would pay for the drug as a bandage for my problem, but would not pay a penny for drug treatment to get off the halcion. Yes,I know I am hooked on halcion for life."

lisaakjc · Taken for 2 to 5 years February 25, 2016

For Insomnia "I was on halcion for almost 5 years until I built a tolerance and it stopped working. Since then I have tried numerous medications of various types and none have worked as well as halcion. Most have not even been close or didn't work at all. With halcion, I fell asleep quickly and naturally, and stayed asleep at least 6 hours. It was a restful sleep with no side effects like dreams or strange behavior. I had no problems waking up or functioning the following day. It's only now that I can't find a substitute that I really appreciate the benefits of halcion."

keithieg · Taken for 6 months to 1 year December 6, 2015

For Insomnia "The best sleep and no side effects"

Anonymous · Taken for 5 to 10 years May 30, 2015

For Insomnia "I have problems falling asleep and staying asleep. Halcion works really well and I have been taking 0.25mg once a night for the past 5 years and I have never needed to increase the dose. I sometimes only take half a pill and it works okay. I've tried ambien and lunesta but they didn't work as well. I have noticed memory problems and short term memory loss over the years and think it may be caused by the long term daily use but I'd rather get good sleep. Insurance only covers 10 pills so I just pay out of pocket to get 30 pills."

slosippa · Taken for 1 to 2 years March 23, 2015

For Insomnia "Probably one of the BEST medications for insomnia..its a shame its rarely prescribed anymore."

Tinafrca August 21, 2014

For Insomnia "Halcion has been very effective for me. The only problem I have noticed is if I eat late the medicine is not effective. I take Halcion with trazodone and never had to increase dosage on either medicine. I have been using this combination for 5 or 6 years. My insomnia was a result of menopause."

Anonymous · Taken for 6 months to 1 year May 23, 2014

For Insomnia "I was prescribed 0.25mg for about 9 months. It worked great. Quick acting and nice feeling. But tolerance did build up towards the end and was not getting as good sleep. I'm on Zolpidem now which I find great."

gch February 19, 2013

For Insomnia "It is not pleasant if you cannot function in life because you cannot sleep... this medication helped me to get back to my life."

Mom of three · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 17, 2012

For Insomnia "My PCP switched me from Ambien to Halcion about 5 months ago because I suffer from severe insomnia. I take 2 every evening, fall asleep fast and sleep about 5-7 hours (which is great for me). I recommend this sleep aid over any other."

SuzieQ07 · Taken for 1 to 2 years June 26, 2012

For Insomnia "I was prescribed this medication by my Dr for insomnia and I have to say it works great! Works fast, get a great nights sleep with no hang over effects. Wake up refreshed and ready to go the next day."

Anonymous · Taken for 2 to 5 years May 2, 2012

For Insomnia "Works quickly, no "hangover" or side effects, have taken it for 2 years with no need to up dosage- more effective than Lunesta or Ambien for me and no side effects."

ICD-10 CM Clinical Codes (External)