User Reviews for Halcion

Learn more about Halcion.

Halcion Rating Summary

8.9/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 107 medications used in the treatment of Insomnia.

Reviews for Halcion to treat Insomnia

"Very expensive, 1 month supply is 200 dollars"

Lee groce (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 10, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I had insomnia for over 72 hours. Halcion fixed it immediately. The bad news is they only gave a weeks worth and then the Dr. went on vacation and his stand-in refused to refill. I had 2 days of insomnia after that and then it passed."

manners (taken for less than 1 month) February 26, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I started taking this for insomnia caused by PTSD. It has been incredibly helpful. It is literally the ONLY thing that can get me to sleep when I'm having problems. My doc has kept me on it despite the improvement in night time PTSD episodes because I still have unrelated insomnia, and still have occasional bouts that are related to PTSD. It's been a godsend."

Findagoodwaytoletpeopleusename (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 27, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Works well for sleep. However, I'm prescribed it for Nocturnal panic attacks (panic that wakes me up) & it definitely does the trick. I gave it 9/10 bc I will actually end up having an attack shortly after it kicks in. Usually lasts 5-10 mins before I fall asleep."

BabyGurl3171 December 26, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Keeps on working great after using for 2 years."

Frank lifty (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 15, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I was 28 when my doctor wrote my first script. I had just had to put my mother in a nursing home and that did not go well for her or for me. And I had just take a job 350 miles from home. I started with a white cap, a 1.0 mg. It worked great for me, but some people had problems with that dose of 1 mg and the FDA said doctors could not write anything above .50, or two white caps, .25. When I had to reduce my dose, it took me 6 months to get my body adjusted. So, 31 years later, I am 59 now and have to have the .50 to sleep. All my insurance companies thru the years would pay for the drug as a bandage for my problem, but would not pay a penny for drug treatment to get off the halcion. Yes,I know I am hooked on halcion for life."

D-Ray (taken for 10 years or more) July 29, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I was on halcion for almost 5 years until I built a tolerance and it stopped working. Since then I have tried numerous medications of various types and none have worked as well as halcion. Most have not even been close or didn't work at all. With halcion, I fell asleep quickly and naturally, and stayed asleep at least 6 hours. It was a restful sleep with no side effects like dreams or strange behavior. I had no problems waking up or functioning the following day. It's only now that I can't find a substitute that I really appreciate the benefits of halcion."

lisaakjc (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 25, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"The best sleep and no side effects"

keithieg (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 6, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have problems falling asleep and staying asleep. Halcion works really well and I have been taking 0.25mg once a night for the past 5 years and I have never needed to increase the dose. I sometimes only take half a pill and it works okay. I've tried ambien and lunesta but they didn't work as well. I have noticed memory problems and short term memory loss over the years and think it may be caused by the long term daily use but I'd rather get good sleep. Insurance only covers 10 pills so I just pay out of pocket to get 30 pills."

Anonymous (taken for 5 to 10 years) May 30, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Probably one of the BEST medications for insomnia..its a shame its rarely prescribed anymore."

slosippa (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 23, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Halcion has been very effective for me. The only problem I have noticed is if I eat late the medicine is not effective. I take Halcion with trazodone and never had to increase dosage on either medicine. I have been using this combination for 5 or 6 years. My insomnia was a result of menopause."

Tinafrca August 21, 2014

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I was prescribed 0.25mg for about 9 months. It worked great. Quick acting and nice feeling. But tolerance did build up towards the end and was not getting as good sleep. I'm on Zolpidem now which I find great."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 23, 2014

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"It is not pleasant if you cannot function in life because you cannot sleep... this medication helped me to get back to my life."

gch February 19, 2013

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"My PCP switched me from Ambien to Halcion about 5 months ago because I suffer from severe insomnia. I take 2 every evening, fall asleep fast and sleep about 5-7 hours (which is great for me). I recommend this sleep aid over any other."

Mom of three (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 17, 2012

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I was prescribed this medication by my Dr for insomnia and I have to say it works great! Works fast, get a great nights sleep with no hang over effects. Wake up refreshed and ready to go the next day."

SuzieQ07 (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 26, 2012

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Works quickly, no "hangover" or side effects, have taken it for 2 years with no need to up dosage- more effective than Lunesta or Ambien for me and no side effects."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 2, 2012

"Works great!"

Anonymous September 30, 2011

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"My problem is not falling asleep, but staying asleep. Halcion is perfect for me. I wake up without drowsiness. I do not take every night...only when I need to break the bad sleep cycle. I have tried almost every sleeping pill over the years and keep returning to Halcion. It is inexpensive (compared to others like Lunesta) and effective...what more can you ask."

Anonymous June 1, 2011

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I use Halcion. It will help for falling a sleep. It works great for me. I don't have the drowzieness when wake up in the morning."

Anonymous July 20, 2009