User Reviews for Triamcinolone topical

Also known as: Kenalog, Triderm, Aristocort A, Cinolar, Oralone, Dermasorb TA, Aristocort R, Trianex, Juulissa Pharmapak, DermacinRx Silazone, SilaLite Pak, Treziopak, DermacinRx Trizapak, Aricin Delta-Tritex Cinalog …show all brand names

Aphthous Ulcer 10.0
Lichen Planus 4.6
Summary of Triamcinolone topical reviews 7.9 67 reviews

Reviews for Triamcinolone topical

Loraine April 4, 2020

For Eczema: “I’m diagnosed with eczema, for about 10 years I have suffered from this condition. Now my eczema is very severe . I have it on my hands, and my scalp. I have used a variety of creams for my hands and the dermatologists have prescribed me Triamcinolone Acetonide, and I love it because nothing worked so great as this ointment. I usually get very dry skin, to the point where it splits and it itches. This ointment is a great product. I really recommend it... Mines just finished but I have not been able to get a new one since we are going through this difficult time (COVID-19), there is no way for me to get a new prescription, Dermatalogist are not seeing patients. :;(”

BigJoe · Taken for less than 1 month March 24, 2020

For Atopic Dermatitis: “It really is the only thing that has worked for me. The downside is that it's prescription only and my doctor doesn't want to keep giving it to me. I guess it's supposed to be bad for you in long term use. A shame because I have tried every cream and ointment available over-the-counter and nothing worked. This did.”

Itchy hands · Taken for 5 to 10 years February 22, 2020

Kenalog (triamcinolone) for Psoriasis: “I find kenalog injection is the ONLY thing that works on my hands & feet that has an insatiable severe itch. Within about a week and a half after the injection, the lesions stop & my hands/feet start to heal. I've taken everything from methotrexate up to Stelera - nothing has worked! I'm almost 50 and have had psoriasis since I was 5.”

Intothewild November 26, 2019

For Atopic Dermatitis: “Please do not use this I’ve been dealing with a nasty groin rash for about 3 years I’ve tried bleach baths, I've taken antibiotics a lot of nasty creams just like this one it’s a immune suppressor so it lowers your immune system makes you feel worse this has to be the worst cream ever didn’t help at all”

JoJo · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 3, 2019

For Lichen Planus: “Did not help with the itching at all.”

retired guy · Taken for 2 to 5 years October 25, 2019

Rx Triamcinolone (triamcinolone) for Eczema: “Great product; life saver”

Cher · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 25, 2019

For Lichen Planus: “Dermatologist perscribed for lichen planus, .5% ointment. 2 tubes and it did nothing. It didnt stop my unbearable itching it did nothing at all.”

Nessa · Taken for 1 to 2 years September 12, 2019

Kenalog (triamcinolone) for Atopic Dermatitis: “I was diagnosed with eczema. When I scratched the skin just rolled off. Underneath was red bloody raw skin. The scales would heal over it but the skin under raw. My feet and body swelled. The tropicals only made my rashes itch and dried them more. Finally I found a Dr who prescribed Kenolog 10. I had stopped being able to wear shoes or heels. Anything that bound my feet swelled and it itched for hours. The Kenolog 10 almost immediately stopped these reactions. After about 3 weeks the itching was barely there. My skin began to heal. My Dr gave me injections once every 6 weeks. After a month and a half I could wear shoes again and my skin was clear. I had to change my Dr. My new Dr wouldn't give me the injections. It's been about two years since I have stopped the injections. My eczema has spread and I am constantly itching scratching off the new scaly skin until it bleeds. I haven't been able to find a Dr who will give me the medicine”

JJ · Taken for 10 years or more September 9, 2019

Kenalog (triamcinolone) for Psoriasis: “Been fighting psoriasis for over 40 years. Topical creams and ointments only slow the progress. I have tried it all. Remicaid, methyltrexate, Enbrel, Hira, and Otezla (last one made me shut-in due to severe diarrhea) I have also used UV light, coal products for years, ointments, creams, soaking baths with Dead Sea Salts, oatmeal and Epsom salt. The only thing that gives me relief is cortisone injections. My last doctor used 1cc Depomedrol and 1cc of Kenalog (40 mg/cc). I was good for 4 - 6 months and major eruptions would clear in about 7 days. But, then it going stopped almost immediately. My doctor retired recently and my new younger doctor thinks that is unethical. So, now I am looking for a doctor who is a little more experienced. Already lost a knee to psoriatic arthritis. Want to limit it to that.”

Joep · Taken for less than 1 month September 6, 2019

For Dermatitis: “Allergic reaction to a neomycin sulfate antibiotic. The cream worked very well to knock down the reaction.”

France · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 8, 2019

For Psoriasis: “My doctor injected me triamcinolone for allergies and I found out that my psoriasis was disappearing. But the injection last only 6 weeks.”

DJ · Taken for less than 1 month June 19, 2019

Rx Triamcinolone (triamcinolone): “Squamous cell carcinoma On finger. I have had numerous positive squamous cell carcinoma’s biopsies and spray treatments. Dr thinks I’ve been exposed to arsenic poisoning. I can’t imagine how! This ones on little finger and bleeds and is crusty. It’s been there for years. Reddish and whitish scaly looking. Have used this ointment now for 2 weeks day and night. No improvement yet. He said after the 2 weeks to cut back to once every 3 days. I just don’t know what to do. Rather have the spot cut out. See him again in 3 months.”

Loner · Taken for 2 to 5 years April 3, 2019

For Psoriasis: “Kenalog is a fantastic cream. I couldn't do without it. I also will get psoriasis inside my nose and I use Cortaid spray for 2-3 days to make it go away. I saw that Cortaid has triamcinolone in it and tried it and it worked. There is also an over-the-counter body lotion that is great...Curel Itch Defense works basically as well as Kenalog, except in extreme cases, so I save money on the Rx.”

Maria · Taken for less than 1 month March 13, 2019

For Eczema: “I’ve been using triamcinolone for two weeks and I’m still itching. I called my dermatologist this week and they told me that it takes about four weeks to help. Why does it take so long for triamcinolone to work? I’m itching like crazy and have tried everything I can find with moisturizer but doesn’t help much. What will help? I asked the Dr to call in something called eursica and he wouldn’t prescribe it.”

!!! · Taken for 6 months to 1 year February 12, 2019

For Psoriasis: “This product is great with controlling my psoriasis, but I became pregnant twice last year and miscarried both times. The only thing I did exactly the same was use this cream. It isn't 100% positive that the cream is the cause but it's the only common denominator. I'm currently pregnant and have made it 6 weeks longer than the last 2 and am not using the cream! Using vitamin E oil instead of the cream and it's working out for me so far..”

Dr samee niazi · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 9, 2019

Kenalog (triamcinolone) for Stomatitis: “It is best for stomatitis”

Bob January 27, 2019

For Eczema: “Been using 6 months condition worse”

Krissy · Taken for less than 1 month January 25, 2019

For Atopic Dermatitis: “I’ve had an annoying extremely itchy rash on my ankle. Wearing boots or high socks triggered a massive itch all the time. Even while sleeping, if I had my ankle on the sheet, I’d wake up severely itchy. I tried everything over the counter and a few prescribed products. My doctor prescribed me the cream and the itching went away in an instant! After four years of agony, it finally stopped itching! The rash itself hasn’t gone away yet, but at least it isn’t looking gnarly and gross from extensive itching anymore! This stuff is amazing!!!”

Pinky214 · Taken for 2 to 5 years January 7, 2019

For Dermatitis: “Triamcinolone in the Ointment formation is a MIRACLE ! EVERY winter, beginning of the season I get a couple patches of dermatitis. Always seems to be around my nose. Tried Hydrocortisone, and so many others...NOTHING...Kenolog Ointment(Generic) literally knocked it out in 2 days! EVERY time. My fiance started getting it as well when he saw the results ! I only use very little because it is on my face. But it is Incredible !”

Ginger · Taken for less than 1 month December 28, 2018

Kenalog (triamcinolone) for Lichen Planus: “Only thing that stops itching and keeps the rash from spreading”

Shell p · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 6, 2018

For Atopic Dermatitis: “I have had atopic dermatitis since birth. During puberty it was horrible! Skin was itchy and oozed constantly. Had it on my arms, hands, wrists, and face. NOTHING I ever used (and I've used just about everything) helped. As I've gotten older it improved but in the winter months it would flare up. At a doctor's appointment for something completely different I mentioned my severely dry and itchy arms and hands. Doctor prescribed Triamcinolone ointment...WOW!!!!!! Arms and hands are soft and don't itch! Directions say to use 3 times daily but I use it every other night after a hot bath. This was a miracle medication for me!”

Chirp0403 · Taken for less than 1 month August 27, 2018

Aristocort R (triamcinolone) for Dermatitis: “OTC cortisone cream works better for insect bites.”

Zoe · Taken for less than 1 month August 20, 2018

For Psoriasis: “I have recently been diagnosed with psoriasis and the first thing my doctor did was to prescribe this medication. It worked quickly and the horribly painful scaling I had behind my ears is completely gone.”

Al · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 31, 2018

For Atopic Dermatitis: “I had been to several dermatologists all gave different diagnosis and different medications. None of them helped. I decided showing up at the Emergency room couldn't hurt, (last straw) So the Doctor prescribed me this medication. Within minutes of applying it went to work beautifully. The redness disappeared and the blemishes started clearing with in days. I had suffered for years with a skin problem so severe that I rarely left the house. Thank God for this ER Doctor who prescribed this for me.”

UpSh · Taken for less than 1 month May 30, 2018

For Eczema: “Triamcinolone did clear the eczema on my neck in about a week. However after using it for 2 weeks like my doctor prescribed, I developed perioral dermatitis (PD). I guess I was transferring it to my face inadvertently. I would've rather lived with my eczema than develop PD. If you use this, be extra careful that you don't transfer it to your face in any way. I'd ask for something weaker/non-steroidal if your eczema is mild.”