User Reviews for Triamcinolone

Also known as: Aricin, Aristocort A, Aristocort R, Cinalog, Cinolar, Delta-Tritex, DermacinRx Silazone, DermacinRx Trizapak, Dermasorb TA, Flutex, Juulissa Pharmapak, Kenalog, Kenalog in Orabase, Oralone, Pediaderm TA, Rx Triamcinolone, SilaLite Pak, Treziopak, Triacet, Trianex, Triderm …show all brand names

Eczema

Lichen Planus
5.5

Summary of Triamcinolone reviews 8.4 43 reviews

Reviews for Triamcinolone

For Atopic Dermatitis: "So I've had dermatitis for the last 10 years or so and nothing has helped at all. I've tried so many creams, gels, natural remedies, soaps, diet change, etc.... Sadly the dermatitis is only on my face which drives me nuts. I went to a new doctor a couple of weeks ago during a breakout and told her all of the above. She mentioned this gel that I wasn't sure about because I don't really want to use these heavy duty medicines on my face, but I told her I'd give it a try since I am at the end of my rope with this. In the two weeks or so that I've been using this, my redness and dry flaky skin has disappeared. I noticed a big difference after the first day. My skin has not been clear like this in a decade and I can't believe it. I'd like to incorporate other products with this so I can alternate, so that I don't build up too much of a tolerance, but this product has changed my life!"

Dan (taken for less than 1 month) April 22, 2018

For Eczema: "Suffering from extremely dry and itchy skin problems and eczema. This ointment has helped me tremendously."

Micki (taken for less than 1 month) March 25, 2018

For Atopic Dermatitis: "Been using this for years. I have no side effects"

SpiritualHitman March 23, 2018

Kenalog in Orabase (triamcinolone) for Aphthous Ulcer: "This works incredibly well on the horrible mouth ulcers I have suffered on and off with since childhood. Not using a toothpaste with SLS has greatly diminished their frequency. But when I do get them now, I apply a little paste and they’re usually within a day or two, rather than a week or two. It’s a miracle cure!!!"

Abs (taken for 5 to 10 years) February 24, 2018

For Psoriasis: "This ointment does not work for my psoriasis at all and I have patches all over - nothing seems to be helping me, I need some help I can’t live with this for the rest of my life I’m only 18 something needs to help me! Does anyone have any suggestions?"

Anonymous January 28, 2018

For Eczema: "This one works. I've had eczema all my life, and the outbreaks seem to come in clusters then calm down. I'm post-menopausal now, and I must say, they've been worse in the past two years than they have been since I was in the midst of my pubescent years. That said, this medicine works. It calls for three applications daily, but I don't have to use it that often. The spots clear up with two applications daily and in just a few days. It has helped quite a bit, and in a short amount of time."

KristenkHdz (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 16, 2018

For Eczema: "My 4 year old has been using this cream for the past 3 years because she has eczema on her elbows only (seems weird) only during the winter time and it works like a charm!! Love this medicine, highly recommended to do the job!!"

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 17, 2017

For Eczema: "Been using this for years, I have eczema on my eye lids. Usually after day two, it's as though I never had a problem. I was told not to use it for longer than 10 consecutive days because thinning skin may occur. It clears it up quickly."

Chefro (taken for 5 to 10 years) July 22, 2017

Kenalog (triamcinolone) for Psoriasis: "I have had psoriatic plaques foe nearly 17 years. The itch can sometimes be insane and as I'm sure many here would at least imagine, has caused me to take drastic actions to quell it. The only way I have explained it is that the itch is well below the skin and the thick plaques make it impossible to reach. I love getting the injections for two reasons. First as many have said it quiets outbreaks faster and more efficiently than almost anything I've ever uses. Second and I know this may sound weird but having that sharp needle press into itchy skin feels incredible. Then followed by the medicine (kenalog) saturating the itchy area. I get it every four months"

Living with itch in sj (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 4, 2017

Kenalog (triamcinolone) for Psoriasis: "This has had more benefit controlling psoriasis on hands and feet over any biologic I've taken over the years. I've yet to find a medication with better results."

Patient CS (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 19, 2017

Rx Triamcinolone (triamcinolone) for Atopic Dermatitis: "I had pain in the canals of my ears which prevented me from wearing hearing aids. The audiologist provided me with medication that was supposed to prevent this condition. It didn't help at all. When I visited my doctor at the VA Clinic she asked me if I was wearing my hearing aids. I told her of my problem with ear pain and she prescribed Triamcinolone Acetonide 0.1% with the comment, " See if this helps you." After applying it to my ear canal there was an immediate soothing effect and by the next day the pain was gone. The pain returns in about a month but disappears again with another application. It does not cure the problem, but does give almost immediate and long lasting pain relief."

zbignue (taken for 5 to 10 years) February 3, 2017

For Eczema: "so good! i always seem to get rashes on the sides of my neck, i apply the cream to the affected areas at night, wake up and it's almost completely gone! if i apply it just once more that night and wake up my rash is completely gone! definitely recommend this cream to anyone suffering w/ eczema or ramdom rashes appearing on their skin!"

tomlinsondickers November 25, 2016

For Not Listed / Other: "I have using Rising Triamcinolone dental paste for four weeks now. For an open wound on the inside back side of my throat. I was told to spread inside and around the out side. I find is useless, it doesn't spread."

New Patient (taken for less than 1 month) November 23, 2016

For Dermatitis: "I used this cream for the first time and within minutes started feeling multiple side effects listed on the sheet--throat tightening, short of breath, confusion, thirst. I quickly washed it off and took an allergy pill. Have tried 3 medications for my breast rash that the doctor provided and I've had reactions to all."

Anonymous November 2, 2016

For Psoriasis: "This stuff did nothing for my psoriasis. My doctor just kept giving it to me for over 4 months and it just got worse and worse. Beware if your doctor gives you the ointment it will permanently stain your sheets and clothes ask for the cream if you use this, my doctor says it doesn't stick as well but it won't ruin your things."

BoomerSoonerGrl301 (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 6, 2016

For Atopic Dermatitis: "bumpy skin on legs and feet"

dickie jim April 3, 2016

For Dermatitis: "Red, itching rash on inside of right arm. 1%prescribed by dematologist to be used twice a day. Have used it for 21 days and have not been given any relief. Will see doctor again in two day for a solution as this has not helped other than giving some immediate itching relief for a brief time."

RonC32 (taken for less than 1 month) March 28, 2016

Rx Triamcinolone (triamcinolone) for Lichen Planus: "Prescription trimcinolone acetonide cream USP 0.1% - did not work at all. Day and Night for a month, no change. Momestaone furoate didn't work after that either."

Lichen planus biopsy (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 25, 2016

For Dermatitis: "I started getting this contact dermatitis issues, back in summer of last year. i had suffered these flakely, itchy red rashes on my eye lids, started getting utacharia, it has appeared on both sides of the forehead, the neck, back of the kness, back of the elbows and between my thighs. and I mistakingly went to a doc, and i was prescribed triamcilione cream, and i applied it once a day, because of how strong the cream was, i used my fingers as the tissue just absorbs it. it went away within a few days, but the dermatitis(result of hot showers, dust mites, cold dry air) had allowed it to come back in a matter of days. at the same time i was trying various otc antihistimines, in which diphenhydramine worked the best but made me so sleepy"

dermtitis. October 7, 2015

For Dermatitis: "I went to the dematolagist a couple of weeks ago and I had pretty bad eczema on my hands for about 3 years it started on my wrist and then disappeared and it started on my hands \ fingers and it would worsen around spring and summer I never went to the dermatologist (for money reasons) but they prescribed me this cream and my eczema already looked better in the first 3 days and I love it, my eczema is almost gone, and my derm sent me to Walmart to get is and it was just $4 (:"

great stuff April 29, 2015

Kenalog (triamcinolone) for Atopic Dermatitis: "I've had dermatitis for 16 years. It started as mild eczema on my hands but within a year it went from mild to wild! Woke up one morning and both my forearms were swollen, red, itching, burning and leaking fluid when pushed against. 3 pitting edema. From that point on over the next few years, it spread to my torso, legs, back, scalp and face. Topical creams no longer worked, I was put on prednisone dose packs, but over time, prednisone was causing terrible side effects i.e., moon face, hyperglycemia, depression, agitation, oral thrush etc. I was then put on Kenalog 40mg every 3-4 weeks but then Kenalog created new side effects. Now I have to take 80mg of Kenalog and methotrexate. Works but my life is a wreck."

EczMan August 16, 2014

Kenalog (triamcinolone) for Psoriasis: "Only thing that helped my scalp"

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 26, 2013

Kenalog (triamcinolone) for Atopic Dermatitis: "This injection is amazing for major flare-ups that are not controllable by atopic creme. I had a shot a year ago and it cleared up my skin completely within 4 days. I stayed clear for a year exactly before my next flare-up and I went back for this same injection. Highly recommend for relief and the embarrassment of the flare-ups."

ambernic1982 (taken for 1 to 2 years) October 25, 2012

Kenalog (triamcinolone) for : "I too had a injection of Kenalog 10 in my face. After the first 3 weeks I noticed a dime size dent on my cheek. Called the doctor who did the injection, came back to the office. But before that, I researched the internet and found a link where 4 people had a kenalog injection got saline injected in the same spot the kenalog was and could possibly help flush out or decrease the efrects of kenalog working its full term of 6 weeks. I showed the doctor this link on this study and he agreed maybe saline which acts like water can help. This study showed 4 people went every week for 8 weeks & had them same amount of saline injected in the area. All 4 people had great results. "

HopeToHeal (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 23, 2012

For Dermatitis: "The traimcinolone cream works absolutely great on Poison Ivy. Instead of taking a regimen of Prednisone, I rubbed this cream on the affected spots, and it was totally gone in 2 days!"

GeorgeLeague November 30, 2011