User Reviews for Triamcinolone topical

Also known as: Cinolar, Kenalog, Oralone, Pediaderm TA, Triamcinolone Acetonide in Absorbase, Trianex, Triderm

Aphthous Ulcer

Psoriasis
6.5

Summary of Triamcinolone reviews 8.1 55 reviews

Reviews for Triamcinolone

For Eczema: "I’ve been using triamcinolone for two weeks and I’m still itching. I called my dermatologist this week and they told me that it takes about four weeks to help. Why does it take so long for triamcinolone to work? I’m itching like crazy and have tried everything I can find with moisturizer but doesn’t help much. What will help? I asked the Dr to call in something called eursica and he wouldn’t prescribe it."

Maria (taken for less than 1 month) March 13, 2019

For Psoriasis: "This product is great with controlling my psoriasis, but I became pregnant twice last year and miscarried both times. The only thing I did exactly the same was use this cream. It isn't 100% positive that the cream is the cause but it's the only common denominator. I'm currently pregnant and have made it 6 weeks longer than the last 2 and am not using the cream! Using vitamin E oil instead of the cream and it's working out for me so far.."

!!! (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 12, 2019

Kenalog (triamcinolone) for Stomatitis: "It is best for stomatitis"

Dr samee niazi (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 9, 2019

For Eczema: "Been using 6 months condition worse"

Bob January 27, 2019

For Atopic Dermatitis: "I’ve had an annoying extremely itchy rash on my ankle. Wearing boots or high socks triggered a massive itch all the time. Even while sleeping, if I had my ankle on the sheet, I’d wake up severely itchy. I tried everything over the counter and a few prescribed products. My doctor prescribed me the cream and the itching went away in an instant! After four years of agony, it finally stopped itching! The rash itself hasn’t gone away yet, but at least it isn’t looking gnarly and gross from extensive itching anymore! This stuff is amazing!!!"

Krissy (taken for less than 1 month) January 25, 2019

For Dermatitis: "Triamcinolone in the Ointment formation is a MIRACLE ! EVERY winter, beginning of the season I get a couple patches of dermatitis. Always seems to be around my nose. Tried Hydrocortisone, and so many others...NOTHING...Kenolog Ointment(Generic) literally knocked it out in 2 days! EVERY time. My fiance started getting it as well when he saw the results ! I only use very little because it is on my face. But it is Incredible !"

Pinky214 (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 7, 2019

Kenalog (triamcinolone) for Lichen Planus: "Only thing that stops itching and keeps the rash from spreading"

Ginger (taken for less than 1 month) December 28, 2018

For Atopic Dermatitis: "I have had atopic dermatitis since birth. During puberty it was horrible! Skin was itchy and oozed constantly. Had it on my arms, hands, wrists, and face. NOTHING I ever used (and I've used just about everything) helped. As I've gotten older it improved but in the winter months it would flare up. At a doctor's appointment for something completely different I mentioned my severely dry and itchy arms and hands. Doctor prescribed Triamcinolone ointment...WOW!!!!!! Arms and hands are soft and don't itch! Directions say to use 3 times daily but I use it every other night after a hot bath. This was a miracle medication for me!"

Shell p (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 6, 2018

Aristocort R (triamcinolone) for Dermatitis: "OTC cortisone cream works better for insect bites."

Chirp0403 (taken for less than 1 month) August 27, 2018

For Psoriasis: "I have recently been diagnosed with psoriasis and the first thing my doctor did was to prescribe this medication. It worked quickly and the horribly painful scaling I had behind my ears is completely gone."

Zoe (taken for less than 1 month) August 20, 2018

For Atopic Dermatitis: "I had been to several dermatologists all gave different diagnosis and different medications. None of them helped. I decided showing up at the Emergency room couldn't hurt, (last straw) So the Doctor prescribed me this medication. Within minutes of applying it went to work beautifully. The redness disappeared and the blemishes started clearing with in days. I had suffered for years with a skin problem so severe that I rarely left the house. Thank God for this ER Doctor who prescribed this for me."

Al (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 31, 2018

For Eczema: "Triamcinolone did clear the eczema on my neck in about a week. However after using it for 2 weeks like my doctor prescribed, I developed perioral dermatitis (PD). I guess I was transferring it to my face inadvertently. I would've rather lived with my eczema than develop PD. If you use this, be extra careful that you don't transfer it to your face in any way. I'd ask for something weaker/non-steroidal if your eczema is mild."

UpSh (taken for less than 1 month) May 30, 2018

For Atopic Dermatitis: "So I've had dermatitis for the last 10 years or so and nothing has helped at all. I've tried so many creams, gels, natural remedies, soaps, diet change, etc.... Sadly the dermatitis is only on my face which drives me nuts. I went to a new doctor a couple of weeks ago during a breakout and told her all of the above. She mentioned this gel that I wasn't sure about because I don't really want to use these heavy duty medicines on my face, but I told her I'd give it a try since I am at the end of my rope with this. In the two weeks or so that I've been using this, my redness and dry flaky skin has disappeared. I noticed a big difference after the first day. My skin has not been clear like this in a decade and I can't believe it. I'd like to incorporate other products with this so I can alternate, so that I don't build up too much of a tolerance, but this product has changed my life!"

Dan (taken for less than 1 month) April 22, 2018

For Eczema: "Suffering from extremely dry and itchy skin problems and eczema. This ointment has helped me tremendously."

Micki (taken for less than 1 month) March 25, 2018

For Atopic Dermatitis: "Been using this for years. I have no side effects"

SpiritualHitman March 23, 2018

Kenalog in Orabase (triamcinolone) for Aphthous Ulcer: "This works incredibly well on the horrible mouth ulcers I have suffered on and off with since childhood. Not using a toothpaste with SLS has greatly diminished their frequency. But when I do get them now, I apply a little paste and they’re usually within a day or two, rather than a week or two. It’s a miracle cure!!!"

Abs (taken for 5 to 10 years) February 24, 2018

For Psoriasis: "This ointment does not work for my psoriasis at all and I have patches all over - nothing seems to be helping me, I need some help I can’t live with this for the rest of my life I’m only 18 something needs to help me! Does anyone have any suggestions?"

Anonymous January 28, 2018

For Eczema: "This one works. I've had eczema all my life, and the outbreaks seem to come in clusters then calm down. I'm post-menopausal now, and I must say, they've been worse in the past two years than they have been since I was in the midst of my pubescent years. That said, this medicine works. It calls for three applications daily, but I don't have to use it that often. The spots clear up with two applications daily and in just a few days. It has helped quite a bit, and in a short amount of time."

KristenkHdz (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 16, 2018

For Eczema: "My 4 year old has been using this cream for the past 3 years because she has eczema on her elbows only (seems weird) only during the winter time and it works like a charm!! Love this medicine, highly recommended to do the job!!"

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 17, 2017

For Eczema: "Been using this for years, I have eczema on my eye lids. Usually after day two, it's as though I never had a problem. I was told not to use it for longer than 10 consecutive days because thinning skin may occur. It clears it up quickly."

Chefro (taken for 5 to 10 years) July 22, 2017

Kenalog (triamcinolone) for Psoriasis: "I have had psoriatic plaques foe nearly 17 years. The itch can sometimes be insane and as I'm sure many here would at least imagine, has caused me to take drastic actions to quell it. The only way I have explained it is that the itch is well below the skin and the thick plaques make it impossible to reach. I love getting the injections for two reasons. First as many have said it quiets outbreaks faster and more efficiently than almost anything I've ever uses. Second and I know this may sound weird but having that sharp needle press into itchy skin feels incredible. Then followed by the medicine (kenalog) saturating the itchy area. I get it every four months"

Living with itch in sj (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 4, 2017

Kenalog (triamcinolone) for Psoriasis: "This has had more benefit controlling psoriasis on hands and feet over any biologic I've taken over the years. I've yet to find a medication with better results."

Patient CS (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 19, 2017

Rx Triamcinolone (triamcinolone) for Atopic Dermatitis: "I had pain in the canals of my ears which prevented me from wearing hearing aids. The audiologist provided me with medication that was supposed to prevent this condition. It didn't help at all. When I visited my doctor at the VA Clinic she asked me if I was wearing my hearing aids. I told her of my problem with ear pain and she prescribed Triamcinolone Acetonide 0.1% with the comment, " See if this helps you." After applying it to my ear canal there was an immediate soothing effect and by the next day the pain was gone. The pain returns in about a month but disappears again with another application. It does not cure the problem, but does give almost immediate and long lasting pain relief."

zbignue (taken for 5 to 10 years) February 3, 2017

For Eczema: "so good! i always seem to get rashes on the sides of my neck, i apply the cream to the affected areas at night, wake up and it's almost completely gone! if i apply it just once more that night and wake up my rash is completely gone! definitely recommend this cream to anyone suffering w/ eczema or ramdom rashes appearing on their skin!"

tomlinsondickers November 25, 2016

For Not Listed / Other: "I have using Rising Triamcinolone dental paste for four weeks now. For an open wound on the inside back side of my throat. I was told to spread inside and around the out side. I find is useless, it doesn't spread."

New Patient (taken for less than 1 month) November 23, 2016