User Reviews for Triamcinolone topical to treat Dermatitis

Also known as: Kenalog, Triderm, Cinalog, Trianex, Aristocort A, Oralone, Treziopak, Aricin, Cinolar, Tritocin, Dermasorb TA, Juulissa Pharmapak, DermacinRx Silazone, SilaLite Pak DermacinRx Trizapak Aristocort R Delta-Tritex …show all brand names

Triamcinolone topical has an average rating of 7.9 out of 10 from a total of 19 ratings for the treatment of Dermatitis. 68% of reviewers reported a positive effect, while 16% reported a negative effect.

Triamcinolone topical Rating Summary

7.9/10 average rating

Compare all 499 medications used in the treatment of Dermatitis.

Reviews for Triamcinolone topical

dixiejen March 31, 2008

Rx Triamcinolone (triamcinolone): “This cream cleared up places on my hands, and left foot that had gotten so bad they hurt. My doctor prescribed this, and within 3 or 4 days my foot was almost completely well, and my hands were greatly improved! I would highly recommend trying this cream if your doctor agrees.”

Anonymous November 2, 2016

“I used this cream for the first time and within minutes started feeling multiple side effects listed on the sheet--throat tightening, short of breath, confusion, thirst. I quickly washed it off and took an allergy pill. Have tried 3 medications for my breast rash that the doctor provided and I've had reactions to all.”

great stuff April 29, 2015

“I went to the dematolagist a couple of weeks ago and I had pretty bad eczema on my hands for about 3 years it started on my wrist and then disappeared and it started on my hands \ fingers and it would worsen around spring and summer I never went to the dermatologist (for money reasons) but they prescribed me this cream and my eczema already looked better in the first 3 days and I love it, my eczema is almost gone, and my derm sent me to Walmart to get is and it was just $4 (:”

shypes88 August 11, 2008

“I've suffered with flare-ups of dermititis all my life and this is the best prescription strength cream that I've ever used. Within a few days the irritated areas have disappeared. I love it. Sure beats all those oatmeal baths I took as a kid.”

dermtitis. October 7, 2015

“I started getting this contact dermatitis issues, back in summer of last year. i had suffered these flakely, itchy red rashes on my eye lids, started getting utacharia, it has appeared on both sides of the forehead, the neck, back of the kness, back of the elbows and between my thighs. and I mistakingly went to a doc, and i was prescribed triamcilione cream, and i applied it once a day, because of how strong the cream was, i used my fingers as the tissue just absorbs it. it went away within a few days, but the dermatitis(result of hot showers, dust mites, cold dry air) had allowed it to come back in a matter of days. at the same time i was trying various otc antihistimines, in which diphenhydramine worked the best but made me so sleepy”

Reverend B June 16, 2009

“For over 12 years I suffered from dermatitis on my backside (which was severe enough to be mistaken as a "surgical Scar" by one doctor and his staff). One day my "Pain Management" doctor observed it and prescribed "Triamcinolone Cream". One single application and the rest is HISTORY. No more itch, burn or sting. Thank You Doctor and Thank You TRIAMCINOLONE.”

shaneca6 · Taken for less than 1 month August 12, 2020

“I've had 2 really bad bouts of Poison (ivy, oak, sumac) in the past 2 months. One dermatologist prescribed Triamcinolone Acetonide Ointment (0.1%) for the first reaction and an urgent care physician prescribed Triamcinolone Acetonide Create (0.1%) for the second reaction and neither provided an ounce of relief. I haven't gotten more than a couple of hours of sleep in days due to incessant itching and burning. The dermatologist prescribed a 20mg day prednisone taper which took well into the second week to start showing signs of improvement. The Urgent Care physician gave me a steroid shot on site and a 6-day prednisone taper. within an hour or so of shot, I began to feel slight relief from itching but came back on arms by nightfall. I'm ready for amputation to get away from itch.”

RonC32 · Taken for less than 1 month March 28, 2016

“Red, itching rash on inside of right arm. 1%prescribed by dematologist to be used twice a day. Have used it for 21 days and have not been given any relief. Will see doctor again in two day for a solution as this has not helped other than giving some immediate itching relief for a brief time.”

Pinky214 · Taken for 2 to 5 years January 7, 2019

“Triamcinolone in the Ointment formation is a MIRACLE ! EVERY winter, beginning of the season I get a couple patches of dermatitis. Always seems to be around my nose. Tried Hydrocortisone, and so many others...NOTHING...Kenolog Ointment(Generic) literally knocked it out in 2 days! EVERY time. My fiance started getting it as well when he saw the results ! I only use very little because it is on my face. But it is Incredible !”

Poppykiote · Taken for less than 1 month October 18, 2020

“I had a horrible red rash on the inside of my elbow that itched and burned. A doctor prescribed betamethasone; but, that made it even worse; so, a dermatologist prescribed this. This didn't make it worse; but, it stayed the same. I had an old prescription for desonide gel that I put on; and that turned it around; but, it was too drying; so, I switched back to this. Then, it continued to heal. I attribute my healing to desonide; but, I think this helped once it got a kickstart from the desonide gel.”

GeorgeLeague November 30, 2011

“The traimcinolone cream works absolutely great on Poison Ivy. Instead of taking a regimen of Prednisone, I rubbed this cream on the affected spots, and it was totally gone in 2 days!”

Anonymous December 9, 2009

Kenalog (triamcinolone): “I get a shot when my eczema is flaring and this stuff just makes everything stop. I love it, it's like I finally have normal skin for a while. I get shots every few months and they are wonderful.”

loke October 29, 2011

Aristocort A (triamcinolone): “It has given me great relief.”

Richy-san August 11, 2009

Kenalog (triamcinolone): “This medicine is great. I have no side effects and the hand eczema clears up within a week. I have to get a shot about every 10-12 months.”

Anonymous October 30, 2009

“I have used this medicine for years to control the seasonal outbreak of eczema. It works with one application. Truly an amazing product for the price. I wouldn't be without it.”

ocar December 2, 2009

“Contracted a case of contact dermatitus. My doctor prescribed this medication and it worked wonders. Within a week all signs of the disease were completely gone. I'm sold on this stuff.”

vwigg July 21, 2011

“Cleared up my hives in less than a week, was thrilled with it.”

caldun May 24, 2009

“This is the best medicine I have ever used. Nothing in the past ever stopped the itch of flea bites. This medicine started working right away. Thank goodness for this cream.”

Chirp0403 · Taken for less than 1 month August 27, 2018

Aristocort R (triamcinolone): “OTC cortisone cream works better for insect bites.”

Joep · Taken for less than 1 month September 6, 2019

“Allergic reaction to a neomycin sulfate antibiotic. The cream worked very well to knock down the reaction.”

Learn more about Dermatitis