User Reviews for Kenalog

1 review 18 medications
Summary of Kenalog reviews 8.3 12 reviews

Reviews for Kenalog

Dr samee niazi · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 9, 2019

For Stomatitis "It is best for stomatitis"

Ginger · Taken for less than 1 month December 28, 2018

For Lichen Planus "Only thing that stops itching and keeps the rash from spreading"

Living with itch in sj · Taken for 2 to 5 years June 4, 2017

For Psoriasis "I have had psoriatic plaques foe nearly 17 years. The itch can sometimes be insane and as I'm sure many here would at least imagine, has caused me to take drastic actions to quell it. The only way I have explained it is that the itch is well below the skin and the thick plaques make it impossible to reach. I love getting the injections for two reasons. First as many have said it quiets outbreaks faster and more efficiently than almost anything I've ever uses. Second and I know this may sound weird but having that sharp needle press into itchy skin feels incredible. Then followed by the medicine (kenalog) saturating the itchy area. I get it every four months"

Patient CS · Taken for 2 to 5 years March 19, 2017

For Psoriasis "This has had more benefit controlling psoriasis on hands and feet over any biologic I've taken over the years. I've yet to find a medication with better results."

EczMan August 16, 2014

For Atopic Dermatitis "I've had dermatitis for 16 years. It started as mild eczema on my hands but within a year it went from mild to wild! Woke up one morning and both my forearms were swollen, red, itching, burning and leaking fluid when pushed against. 3 pitting edema. From that point on over the next few years, it spread to my torso, legs, back, scalp and face. Topical creams no longer worked, I was put on prednisone dose packs, but over time, prednisone was causing terrible side effects i.e., moon face, hyperglycemia, depression, agitation, oral thrush etc. I was then put on Kenalog 40mg every 3-4 weeks but then Kenalog created new side effects. Now I have to take 80mg of Kenalog and methotrexate. Works but my life is a wreck."

Anonymous · Taken for 6 months to 1 year March 26, 2013

For Psoriasis "Only thing that helped my scalp"

ambernic1982 · Taken for 1 to 2 years October 25, 2012

For Atopic Dermatitis "This injection is amazing for major flare-ups that are not controllable by atopic creme. I had a shot a year ago and it cleared up my skin completely within 4 days. I stayed clear for a year exactly before my next flare-up and I went back for this same injection. Highly recommend for relief and the embarrassment of the flare-ups."

HopeToHeal · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 23, 2012

"I too had a injection of Kenalog 10 in my face. After the first 3 weeks I noticed a dime size dent on my cheek. Called the doctor who did the injection, came back to the office. But before that, I researched the internet and found a link where 4 people had a kenalog injection got saline injected in the same spot the kenalog was and could possibly help flush out or decrease the efrects of kenalog working its full term of 6 weeks. I showed the doctor this link on this study and he agreed maybe saline which acts like water can help. This study showed 4 people went every week for 8 weeks & had them same amount of saline injected in the area. All 4 people had great results. "

Anonymous October 31, 2011

For Atopic Dermatitis "I got this shot after my hands turned unrecognizable from pain and eczema. I struggle with this all the time in every season. I could not believe how much Kenalog helped me. It erased all signs of eczema in a little over a week. I went back to the doctor just to THANK her for this. I would give it a 10 but its not perfect. It began to come back (though not nearly as severe) about six weeks later. It will definitely get you over the uncontrollable outbreaks."

TraceyFree April 28, 2011

For Psoriasis "It cleared up my plaques but the injections are a bit painful and it did nothing for the guttate psoriasis."

mckissen August 2, 2010

For Psoriasis "It was good for the itching but the discoloration wasn't helped much at all"

Anonymous March 3, 2010

"I used to get a shot of this for my psoriasis, and it did clear up everything in less than a week, However I found that the lesions returned within a few months (3). I was advised to not get the kenalog shots more than twice a year because I have a slightly higher enzyme count in my liver."

Anonymous December 9, 2009

For Dermatitis "I get a shot when my eczema is flaring and this stuff just makes everything stop. I love it, it's like I finally have normal skin for a while. I get shots every few months and they are wonderful."

Richy-san August 11, 2009

For Dermatitis "This medicine is great. I have no side effects and the hand eczema clears up within a week. I have to get a shot about every 10-12 months."