User Reviews for Kenalog to treat Psoriasis

Kenalog has an average rating of 8.5 out of 10 from a total of 10 ratings for the treatment of Psoriasis. 80% of those users who reviewed Kenalog reported a positive effect, while 10% reported a negative effect.

Kenalog Rating Summary

8.5/10 average rating

Compare all 260 medications used in the treatment of Psoriasis.

Shelley · Taken for 2 to 5 years September 23, 2020

“I got the kenalog injection for my sinuses and it was a nice surprise to have it clear up my scalp psoriasis. I had never been able to wear dark shirts and it constantly itches. It’s embarrassing. But now after a week or so it goes away for 6 months. This last time a new pa informed me of bone density being affected by the shot. But weighing the options right now the shot is worth it. I’m 49 and suffered for years and years”

Debi September 4, 2020

“I have been getting Kenalog injections for over 30 years and it has been amazing. It now helps with psoriatic arthritis but I do suffer some of the side affects like a mild cough, severe indigestion (apple cider vinegar keeps it in check) and swelling of the ankles. I am thankful this worked for me even with the side affects having had severe outbreaks since I was 10 up in my 30’s until I found my dermatologist.”

Kiki · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 1, 2020

“I have severe psoriasis on my palms. The itch is so uncomfortable, it feels like fire ants going nuts under the thick layers of leathery skin. My hands were constantly cracked and bleeding due to the uncontrollable scratching. I’ve tried every cream and ointment known to mankind as I’ve had this condition for the past 18 years. I’ve also tried UV light therapy, Methotrexate and 2 biologics. Nothing has helped in the slightest. I recently found a Dermatologist who gave me Kenalog injections and finally some relief!!! I had about 20 injections in each palm which wasn’t exactly pleasant but man was it worth it!! A few days after I was finally itch free! I was told the affects will last for 3-6 months then I’ll have to get another round. Fine by me, I’ll do this forever if need be!”

JJ · Taken for 10 years or more September 9, 2019

“Been fighting psoriasis for over 40 years. Topical creams and ointments only slow the progress. I have tried it all. Remicaid, methyltrexate, Enbrel, Hira, and Otezla (last one made me shut-in due to severe diarrhea) I have also used UV light, coal products for years, ointments, creams, soaking baths with Dead Sea Salts, oatmeal and Epsom salt. The only thing that gives me relief is cortisone injections. My last doctor used 1cc Depomedrol and 1cc of Kenalog (40 mg/cc). I was good for 4 - 6 months and major eruptions would clear in about 7 days. But, then it going stopped almost immediately. My doctor retired recently and my new younger doctor thinks that is unethical. So, now I am looking for a doctor who is a little more experienced. Already lost a knee to psoriatic arthritis. Want to limit it to that.”

Itchy hands · Taken for 5 to 10 years February 22, 2020

“I find kenalog injection is the ONLY thing that works on my hands & feet that has an insatiable severe itch. Within about a week and a half after the injection, the lesions stop & my hands/feet start to heal. I've taken everything from methotrexate up to Stelera - nothing has worked! I'm almost 50 and have had psoriasis since I was 5.”

Living with itch in sj · Taken for 2 to 5 years June 4, 2017

“I have had psoriatic plaques foe nearly 17 years. The itch can sometimes be insane and as I'm sure many here would at least imagine, has caused me to take drastic actions to quell it. The only way I have explained it is that the itch is well below the skin and the thick plaques make it impossible to reach. I love getting the injections for two reasons. First as many have said it quiets outbreaks faster and more efficiently than almost anything I've ever uses. Second and I know this may sound weird but having that sharp needle press into itchy skin feels incredible. Then followed by the medicine (kenalog) saturating the itchy area. I get it every four months”

Patient CS · Taken for 2 to 5 years March 19, 2017

“This has had more benefit controlling psoriasis on hands and feet over any biologic I've taken over the years. I've yet to find a medication with better results.”

Anonymous · Taken for 6 months to 1 year March 26, 2013

“Only thing that helped my scalp”

TraceyFree April 28, 2011

“It cleared up my plaques but the injections are a bit painful and it did nothing for the guttate psoriasis.”

mckissen August 2, 2010

“It was good for the itching but the discoloration wasn't helped much at all”

Learn more about Psoriasis