User Reviews for Triamcinolone topical to treat Psoriasis

Also known as: Kenalog, Trianex, Aristocort A, Cinolar, Tritocin, Oralone, Triderm, Dermasorb TA, Juulissa Pharmapak, DermacinRx Silazone, SilaLite Pak, Treziopak, DermacinRx Trizapak, Aricin Aristocort R Delta-Tritex Cinalog …show all brand names

Triamcinolone topical has an average rating of 8.0 out of 10 from a total of 19 ratings for the treatment of Psoriasis. 74% of those users who reviewed Triamcinolone topical reported a positive effect, while 16% reported a negative effect.

Triamcinolone topical Rating Summary

8.0/10 average rating

Compare all 260 medications used in the treatment of Psoriasis.

Reviews for Triamcinolone topical

DD · Taken for 5 to 10 years May 11, 2021

“Whenever I have a psoriasis outbreak, this cream clears it right up within a day. No side effects either.”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 2 years April 14, 2021

“I've suffered from psoriasis for the past 14 years and I use this when I have flare-ups and it really works fast! I highly recommend it for anyone who suffers from psoriasis!”

Shelley · Taken for 2 to 5 years September 23, 2020

Kenalog (triamcinolone): “I got the kenalog injection for my sinuses and it was a nice surprise to have it clear up my scalp psoriasis. I had never been able to wear dark shirts and it constantly itches. It’s embarrassing. But now after a week or so it goes away for 6 months. This last time a new pa informed me of bone density being affected by the shot. But weighing the options right now the shot is worth it. I’m 49 and suffered for years and years”

JJ · Taken for 10 years or more September 9, 2019

Kenalog (triamcinolone): “Been fighting psoriasis for over 40 years. Topical creams and ointments only slow the progress. I have tried it all. Remicaid, methyltrexate, Enbrel, Hira, and Otezla (last one made me shut-in due to severe diarrhea) I have also used UV light, coal products for years, ointments, creams, soaking baths with Dead Sea Salts, oatmeal and Epsom salt. The only thing that gives me relief is cortisone injections. My last doctor used 1cc Depomedrol and 1cc of Kenalog (40 mg/cc). I was good for 4 - 6 months and major eruptions would clear in about 7 days. But, then it going stopped almost immediately. My doctor retired recently and my new younger doctor thinks that is unethical. So, now I am looking for a doctor who is a little more experienced. Already lost a knee to psoriatic arthritis. Want to limit it to that.”

Kiki · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 1, 2020

Kenalog (triamcinolone): “I have severe psoriasis on my palms. The itch is so uncomfortable, it feels like fire ants going nuts under the thick layers of leathery skin. My hands were constantly cracked and bleeding due to the uncontrollable scratching. I’ve tried every cream and ointment known to mankind as I’ve had this condition for the past 18 years. I’ve also tried UV light therapy, Methotrexate and 2 biologics. Nothing has helped in the slightest. I recently found a Dermatologist who gave me Kenalog injections and finally some relief!!! I had about 20 injections in each palm which wasn’t exactly pleasant but man was it worth it!! A few days after I was finally itch free! I was told the affects will last for 3-6 months then I’ll have to get another round. Fine by me, I’ll do this forever if need be!”

Itchy hands · Taken for 5 to 10 years February 22, 2020

Kenalog (triamcinolone): “I find kenalog injection is the ONLY thing that works on my hands & feet that has an insatiable severe itch. Within about a week and a half after the injection, the lesions stop & my hands/feet start to heal. I've taken everything from methotrexate up to Stelera - nothing has worked! I'm almost 50 and have had psoriasis since I was 5.”

Living with itch in sj · Taken for 2 to 5 years June 4, 2017

Kenalog (triamcinolone): “I have had psoriatic plaques foe nearly 17 years. The itch can sometimes be insane and as I'm sure many here would at least imagine, has caused me to take drastic actions to quell it. The only way I have explained it is that the itch is well below the skin and the thick plaques make it impossible to reach. I love getting the injections for two reasons. First as many have said it quiets outbreaks faster and more efficiently than almost anything I've ever uses. Second and I know this may sound weird but having that sharp needle press into itchy skin feels incredible. Then followed by the medicine (kenalog) saturating the itchy area. I get it every four months”

Debi September 4, 2020

Kenalog (triamcinolone): “I have been getting Kenalog injections for over 30 years and it has been amazing. It now helps with psoriatic arthritis but I do suffer some of the side affects like a mild cough, severe indigestion (apple cider vinegar keeps it in check) and swelling of the ankles. I am thankful this worked for me even with the side affects having had severe outbreaks since I was 10 up in my 30’s until I found my dermatologist.”

Zoe · Taken for less than 1 month August 20, 2018

“I have recently been diagnosed with psoriasis and the first thing my doctor did was to prescribe this medication. It worked quickly and the horribly painful scaling I had behind my ears is completely gone.”

Loner · Taken for 2 to 5 years April 3, 2019

“Kenalog is a fantastic cream. I couldn't do without it. I also will get psoriasis inside my nose and I use Cortaid spray for 2-3 days to make it go away. I saw that Cortaid has triamcinolone in it and tried it and it worked. There is also an over-the-counter body lotion that is great...Curel Itch Defense works basically as well as Kenalog, except in extreme cases, so I save money on the Rx.”

!!! · Taken for 6 months to 1 year February 12, 2019

“This product is great with controlling my psoriasis, but I became pregnant twice last year and miscarried both times. The only thing I did exactly the same was use this cream. It isn't 100% positive that the cream is the cause but it's the only common denominator. I'm currently pregnant and have made it 6 weeks longer than the last 2 and am not using the cream! Using vitamin E oil instead of the cream and it's working out for me so far..”

BoomerSoonerGrl301 · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 6, 2016

“This stuff did nothing for my psoriasis. My doctor just kept giving it to me for over 4 months and it just got worse and worse. Beware if your doctor gives you the ointment it will permanently stain your sheets and clothes ask for the cream if you use this, my doctor says it doesn't stick as well but it won't ruin your things.”

Anonymous January 28, 2018

“This ointment does not work for my psoriasis at all and I have patches all over - nothing seems to be helping me, I need some help I can’t live with this for the rest of my life I’m only 18 something needs to help me! Does anyone have any suggestions?”

bmgresh February 18, 2010

“I have had a few breakouts of guetal psoriasis, and this cream is great. It clears up in about 2-4 days (depending on severity) of applying this cream. I don't have any itching with my psoriasis, but I do tend to get "dry winter itch", and this greatly reduces the itching for that though.”

Patient CS · Taken for 2 to 5 years March 19, 2017

Kenalog (triamcinolone): “This has had more benefit controlling psoriasis on hands and feet over any biologic I've taken over the years. I've yet to find a medication with better results.”

Anonymous · Taken for 6 months to 1 year March 26, 2013

Kenalog (triamcinolone): “Only thing that helped my scalp”

TraceyFree April 28, 2011

Kenalog (triamcinolone): “It cleared up my plaques but the injections are a bit painful and it did nothing for the guttate psoriasis.”

mckissen August 2, 2010

Kenalog (triamcinolone): “It was good for the itching but the discoloration wasn't helped much at all”

France · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 8, 2019

“My doctor injected me triamcinolone for allergies and I found out that my psoriasis was disappearing. But the injection last only 6 weeks.”

Learn more about Psoriasis