User Reviews for Triamcinolone topical to treat Eczema

Also known as: Kenalog, Triderm, Trianex, Aristocort A, Oralone, Tritocin, Aristocort R, Cinolar, Dermasorb TA, Juulissa Pharmapak, DermacinRx Silazone, SilaLite Pak Treziopak DermacinRx Trizapak Aricin Delta-Tritex Cinalog …show all brand names

Triamcinolone topical has an average rating of 7.1 out of 10 from a total of 14 ratings for the treatment of Eczema. 64% of reviewers reported a positive effect, while 29% reported a negative effect.

Triamcinolone topical Rating Summary

7.1/10 average rating

Compare all 132 medications used in the treatment of Eczema.

Reviews for Triamcinolone topical

Loraine April 4, 2020

“I’m diagnosed with eczema, for about 10 years I have suffered from this condition. Now my eczema is very severe . I have it on my hands, and my scalp. I have used a variety of creams for my hands and the dermatologists have prescribed me Triamcinolone Acetonide, and I love it because nothing worked so great as this ointment. I usually get very dry skin, to the point where it splits and it itches. This ointment is a great product. I really recommend it... Mines just finished but I have not been able to get a new one since we are going through this difficult time (COVID-19), there is no way for me to get a new prescription, Dermatalogist are not seeing patients. :;(”

A-T · Taken for less than 1 month September 11, 2020

“I used the 0.1% cream twice a day for a week, and it helped clear up eczema on my inner elbows and backs of my knees. The itching and bumpiness still resurfaces every once in a while, but a thin application of the cream overnight will clear it quickly.”

Maria · Taken for less than 1 month March 13, 2019

“I’ve been using triamcinolone for two weeks and I’m still itching. I called my dermatologist this week and they told me that it takes about four weeks to help. Why does it take so long for triamcinolone to work? I’m itching like crazy and have tried everything I can find with moisturizer but doesn’t help much. What will help? I asked the Dr to call in something called eursica and he wouldn’t prescribe it.”

tomlinsondickers November 25, 2016

“so good! i always seem to get rashes on the sides of my neck, i apply the cream to the affected areas at night, wake up and it's almost completely gone! if i apply it just once more that night and wake up my rash is completely gone! definitely recommend this cream to anyone suffering w/ eczema or ramdom rashes appearing on their skin!”

Alicia · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 15, 2020

“I use the triamcinolone ointment not the cream. The cream seemed to me me the skin worse but, the ointment cleared it right up in about a week. You really do need to apply 2 to 3 times a day and keep the area moisturizer.”

Panda · Taken for less than 1 month August 3, 2020

“I started using this medication for a week on my lifelong skin dermatitis, and it made my skin angry, and made it way worse. My skin began blistering and getting swollen and red. They put me on an antibiotic and a different cream. I’ll be seeing a dermatologist tomorrow to see if we can fix this.”

KristenkHdz · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 16, 2018

“This one works. I've had eczema all my life, and the outbreaks seem to come in clusters then calm down. I'm post-menopausal now, and I must say, they've been worse in the past two years than they have been since I was in the midst of my pubescent years. That said, this medicine works. It calls for three applications daily, but I don't have to use it that often. The spots clear up with two applications daily and in just a few days. It has helped quite a bit, and in a short amount of time.”

UpSh · Taken for less than 1 month May 30, 2018

“Triamcinolone did clear the eczema on my neck in about a week. However after using it for 2 weeks like my doctor prescribed, I developed perioral dermatitis (PD). I guess I was transferring it to my face inadvertently. I would've rather lived with my eczema than develop PD. If you use this, be extra careful that you don't transfer it to your face in any way. I'd ask for something weaker/non-steroidal if your eczema is mild.”

Chefro · Taken for 5 to 10 years July 22, 2017

“Been using this for years, I have eczema on my eye lids. Usually after day two, it's as though I never had a problem. I was told not to use it for longer than 10 consecutive days because thinning skin may occur. It clears it up quickly.”

Hutty · Taken for 6 months to 1 year April 25, 2021

Kenalog (triamcinolone): “I've had eczema with blisters only on my hands for over 15 years and I'm now 74. Kenalog injections is only med that clears up the skin of peeling itching burning in days. My dermatologist tried various types of creams with little relief over the years. He indicated season chances plus stress is probably the main cause of my flare up every 6 to 8 months. He indicated there is no known cure. He indicated several of his patients get regular kenalog injections for similar conditions.”

Anonymous · Taken for 2 to 5 years December 17, 2017

“My 4 year old has been using this cream for the past 3 years because she has eczema on her elbows only (seems weird) only during the winter time and it works like a charm!! Love this medicine, highly recommended to do the job!!”

Bob January 27, 2019

“Been using 6 months condition worse”

retired guy · Taken for 2 to 5 years October 25, 2019

Rx Triamcinolone (triamcinolone): “Great product; life saver”

Teal · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 23, 2020

“The medication did not work for me. I used it for several months and still couldn't control my eczema problems”

Micki · Taken for less than 1 month March 25, 2018

“Suffering from extremely dry and itchy skin problems and eczema. This ointment has helped me tremendously.”