User Reviews for Triamcinolone topical to treat Atopic Dermatitis

Also known as: Kenalog, Aristocort A, Trianex, Triderm, Tritocin, Treziopak, Cinolar, Oralone, Dermasorb TA, Juulissa Pharmapak, DermacinRx Silazone, SilaLite Pak, DermacinRx Trizapak, Aricin Aristocort R Delta-Tritex Cinalog …show all brand names

Triamcinolone topical has an average rating of 8.9 out of 10 from a total of 16 ratings for the treatment of Atopic Dermatitis. 88% of users who reviewed this medication reported a positive effect, while 6% reported a negative effect.

Triamcinolone topical Rating Summary

8.9/10 average rating

Compare all 121 medications used in the treatment of Atopic Dermatitis.

Reviews for Triamcinolone topical

ambernic1982 · Taken for 1 to 2 years October 25, 2012

Kenalog (triamcinolone): “This injection is amazing for major flare-ups that are not controllable by atopic creme. I had a shot a year ago and it cleared up my skin completely within 4 days. I stayed clear for a year exactly before my next flare-up and I went back for this same injection. Highly recommend for relief and the embarrassment of the flare-ups.”

Anonymous May 9, 2011

“I've used this ointment for years for posion ivy and it works great. I'm always getting poison ivy (I live in the middle of the woods) but I know I've got this medicine at home, so I'm not ultra paranoid about it. Better then anything else I've tried.”

Al · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 31, 2018

“I had been to several dermatologists all gave different diagnosis and different medications. None of them helped. I decided showing up at the Emergency room couldn't hurt, (last straw) So the Doctor prescribed me this medication. Within minutes of applying it went to work beautifully. The redness disappeared and the blemishes started clearing with in days. I had suffered for years with a skin problem so severe that I rarely left the house. Thank God for this ER Doctor who prescribed this for me.”

Anonymous October 31, 2011

Kenalog (triamcinolone): “I got this shot after my hands turned unrecognizable from pain and eczema. I struggle with this all the time in every season. I could not believe how much Kenalog helped me. It erased all signs of eczema in a little over a week. I went back to the doctor just to THANK her for this. I would give it a 10 but its not perfect. It began to come back (though not nearly as severe) about six weeks later. It will definitely get you over the uncontrollable outbreaks.”

BigJoe · Taken for less than 1 month March 24, 2020

“It really is the only thing that has worked for me. The downside is that it's prescription only and my doctor doesn't want to keep giving it to me. I guess it's supposed to be bad for you in long term use. A shame because I have tried every cream and ointment available over-the-counter and nothing worked. This did.”

Nessa · Taken for 1 to 2 years September 12, 2019

Kenalog (triamcinolone): “I was diagnosed with eczema. When I scratched the skin just rolled off. Underneath was red bloody raw skin. The scales would heal over it but the skin under raw. My feet and body swelled. The tropicals only made my rashes itch and dried them more. Finally I found a Dr who prescribed Kenolog 10. I had stopped being able to wear shoes or heels. Anything that bound my feet swelled and it itched for hours. The Kenolog 10 almost immediately stopped these reactions. After about 3 weeks the itching was barely there. My skin began to heal. My Dr gave me injections once every 6 weeks. After a month and a half I could wear shoes again and my skin was clear. I had to change my Dr. My new Dr wouldn't give me the injections. It's been about two years since I have stopped the injections. My eczema has spread and I am constantly itching scratching off the new scaly skin until it bleeds. I haven't been able to find a Dr who will give me the medicine”

Dan · Taken for less than 1 month April 22, 2018

“So I've had dermatitis for the last 10 years or so and nothing has helped at all. I've tried so many creams, gels, natural remedies, soaps, diet change, etc.... Sadly the dermatitis is only on my face which drives me nuts. I went to a new doctor a couple of weeks ago during a breakout and told her all of the above. She mentioned this gel that I wasn't sure about because I don't really want to use these heavy duty medicines on my face, but I told her I'd give it a try since I am at the end of my rope with this. In the two weeks or so that I've been using this, my redness and dry flaky skin has disappeared. I noticed a big difference after the first day. My skin has not been clear like this in a decade and I can't believe it. I'd like to incorporate other products with this so I can alternate, so that I don't build up too much of a tolerance, but this product has changed my life!”

EczMan August 16, 2014

Kenalog (triamcinolone): “I've had dermatitis for 16 years. It started as mild eczema on my hands but within a year it went from mild to wild! Woke up one morning and both my forearms were swollen, red, itching, burning and leaking fluid when pushed against. 3 pitting edema. From that point on over the next few years, it spread to my torso, legs, back, scalp and face. Topical creams no longer worked, I was put on prednisone dose packs, but over time, prednisone was causing terrible side effects i.e., moon face, hyperglycemia, depression, agitation, oral thrush etc. I was then put on Kenalog 40mg every 3-4 weeks but then Kenalog created new side effects. Now I have to take 80mg of Kenalog and methotrexate. Works but my life is a wreck.”

Intothewild November 26, 2019

“Please do not use this I’ve been dealing with a nasty groin rash for about 3 years I’ve tried bleach baths, I've taken antibiotics a lot of nasty creams just like this one it’s a immune suppressor so it lowers your immune system makes you feel worse this has to be the worst cream ever didn’t help at all”

Krissy · Taken for less than 1 month January 25, 2019

“I’ve had an annoying extremely itchy rash on my ankle. Wearing boots or high socks triggered a massive itch all the time. Even while sleeping, if I had my ankle on the sheet, I’d wake up severely itchy. I tried everything over the counter and a few prescribed products. My doctor prescribed me the cream and the itching went away in an instant! After four years of agony, it finally stopped itching! The rash itself hasn’t gone away yet, but at least it isn’t looking gnarly and gross from extensive itching anymore! This stuff is amazing!!!”

zbignue · Taken for 5 to 10 years February 3, 2017

Rx Triamcinolone (triamcinolone): “I had pain in the canals of my ears which prevented me from wearing hearing aids. The audiologist provided me with medication that was supposed to prevent this condition. It didn't help at all. When I visited my doctor at the VA Clinic she asked me if I was wearing my hearing aids. I told her of my problem with ear pain and she prescribed Triamcinolone Acetonide 0.1% with the comment, " See if this helps you." After applying it to my ear canal there was an immediate soothing effect and by the next day the pain was gone. The pain returns in about a month but disappears again with another application. It does not cure the problem, but does give almost immediate and long lasting pain relief.”

Shell p · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 6, 2018

“I have had atopic dermatitis since birth. During puberty it was horrible! Skin was itchy and oozed constantly. Had it on my arms, hands, wrists, and face. NOTHING I ever used (and I've used just about everything) helped. As I've gotten older it improved but in the winter months it would flare up. At a doctor's appointment for something completely different I mentioned my severely dry and itchy arms and hands. Doctor prescribed Triamcinolone ointment...WOW!!!!!! Arms and hands are soft and don't itch! Directions say to use 3 times daily but I use it every other night after a hot bath. This was a miracle medication for me!”

Muffin66 August 30, 2009

“The triamcinolone ointment was prescribed because I had be diagnosed with contact dermatitis on my foot and leg. They believe it was caused by the cast I was wearing because I broke by left ankle. I'm also a diabetic and insulin dependent for 32 years. The ointment has been very helpful for my skin condition. I have experienced some side effects such as slight burning and itching sensations, but they went away after the 3rd or 4th day of use. My skin is starting to dry out and the dead dry skin is starting to fall off. The dermatitis also spread to my hands, thighs, forearms and buttocks. I have been applying the ointment to all affected areas. It seems to be helping. I would recommend this ointment for contact dermatitis treatment.”

SpiritualHitman March 23, 2018

“Been using this for years. I have no side effects”

Mirahvk June 19, 2010

Rx Triamcinolone (triamcinolone): “Cleared up my rashes fast and easy. Didn't irritate my skin. Best thing I've tried!”

dickie jim April 3, 2016

“bumpy skin on legs and feet”

Learn more about Atopic Dermatitis