User Reviews for Sunosi

Narcolepsy 4.5
Obstructive Sleep Apnea/Hypopnea Syndrome 2.3

Reviews for Sunosi

Sleepy Mommy · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 30, 2020

For Obstructive Sleep Apnea/Hypopnea Syndrome: “I've been taking Sunosi for around two months for OSA. I started at 75mg daily and I've been taking 150mg for about two weeks. It is probably important to note that I also take 250mg of Nuvigil and 20-60mg of adderall daily as well. I started the Sunosi with the goal of stopping the adderall. My diagnosis is severe OSA with excessive daytime sleepiness. Narcolepsy was ruled out although I experience restless legs and occasional sleep paralysis. I hold my breath in my sleep and wake up feeling like I am suffocating because I cannot force myself to breathe. I have used a CPAP regularly for more than 10 years, and the data shows that my sleep apnea is well controlled. But even so I sleep between 15 to 18 hours per day Sunosi was ineffective at 75mg. At 150mg I am awake but too fatigued to do anything. It has caused anxiety, headaches, excessive sweating, nausea, and diarrhea.”

zork · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 3, 2020

For Narcolepsy: “Sunosi is very disappointed so far. Disturbing my husbands sleep more as he is having more awakenings. Not seeing much difference after taking except more irritable. Also cannot seem to stay awake for long at all during the day and when he is awake no motivation, fatigued. So far does not look like the drug for him. Better on older stimulants.”

Rye guy · Taken for less than 1 month March 11, 2020

For Narcolepsy: “75mg taken in morning I usually expect my medication for my narcolepsy to take effect after about 1-2 hours depending if I eat with it however at 75mg I can’t really say if I feel it working I still feel tired during the day even though I don’t fall asleep. I definitely feel I would fall asleep if I didn’t preoccupy myself like playing a game on my phone to keep myself from closing my eyes. If I did close my eyes I feel I’d be likely to fall asleep especially if I had a busy day or a bad night with little sleep.”

Dissatisfied · Taken for 6 months to 1 year March 3, 2020

For Narcolepsy: “I have had narcolepsy and been on Adderall or Nuvigil for 20 years. I did the 75mg To 150mg and at 12 weeks I thought my life has changed. Then at 16 weeks I come home from work more exhausted and tired than I can remember as if I’m not taking anything. I’m withdrawing from life -to sleep by 7pm Unless I throw Ritalin at it which I’ve never had until now (odd?) I’m worthless by 5. Then I’m up at 330 or 4am. Let me off the Roller coaster Ride”

Addi · Taken for less than 1 month February 23, 2020

For Narcolepsy: “For the first time in years I feel awake. Energetic.”

Smeegle · Taken for less than 1 month February 15, 2020

“I started taking Sunosi after being on Focalin for years. I don't know what to expect but I am not feeling awake or alert at all. Not sure if it needs to build up to reach effectiveness or if I should be feeling the effects by now (1 week). So far no side effects, but still needing naps. Crashing after work big time.”

Anonymous February 6, 2020

For Narcolepsy: “I shared the experience of another person that added a review. I was so excited the second day I was on this medicine because I wasn't tired and didn't have any other side effects. Fast forward two weeks, my chest erupted in hives and I went to urgent care. They put me on a steroid pack for six days. While I don't have a rash any longer, I'm extremely itchy, have pins and needles on my face, tongue, throat, and eyes. I stopped the drug and am on another round of steroids in the morning and Zyrtec at night per my primary. I also had an increasing heart rate which made me very uncomfortable. That has generally subsided.”

London · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 26, 2020

For Narcolepsy: “This Medication raises my blood pressure and I felt like I had stroke symptoms to my total left side. My pressure was 189/114. Even half a tab made no difference. .”

Cocco · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 31, 2019

For Narcolepsy: “I was given 75 mg Sunosi for my narcolepsy. On the positive side I can tell the difference in energy, concentration, motivation and productivity and there is decreased need for a midday nap. Negative: this drug causes major heart issues. I have atrial fibrillation and I cannot take this medicine regularly as it increases my heart rate to 120 and raises my blood pressure. However, I try to take it once in a while if I have a commitment or something important to do like running errands, or needing to go somewhere. I am on Xyrem 4.5 for narcolepsy with excessive day time sleepiness which although helps me sleep about 6-7 hours it no longer helps me wake up refreshed as it did the first time I tried it. I also take Doxepin to sleep longer but it leaves me feeling too tired the next day and counter the effect of a good night sleep. I take a nap in the afternoon except on the day when I take Sunosi.”

LolaBear November 27, 2019

For Narcolepsy: “I have been diagnosed with Idiopathic Hypersomnia - a VERY close relative of narcolepsy without cataplexy. I started on Sunosi 75 mg per day. That did nothing. I only experienced relief at the full 150 mg dose. Effects start about 1 hour after I take it, shorter on an empty stomach. When I take the 150 mg dose, I am able to focus and don't feel "jittery" or agitated at all. It's a very nice medication for that reason. I find it's much more gentle than caffeine. The downside - this effect only lasts 3 hours. On the fourth hour, I start to "crash" and get very tired. I cannot resist a nap. This is counterproductive but common with every stimulant. So, my doctor is trying me out on a low 5 mg dose of the short-acting form of Adderall to "cover" me during this crash. I will report back on the combination soon. Hope this review helps someone!”

Eddie · Taken for less than 1 month November 16, 2019

For Obstructive Sleep Apnea/Hypopnea Syndrome: “First day took half of 75mg. Went home and took a nap. Woke up and took the other half, still went to bed a few hours later. Medicine had no effect on me. Got up the next morning took a whole 75mg in the morning. Felt sleepy on my way to work an hour later. Felt ok through the morning at work but when the afternoon came it all changed. I got sleepy and very agitated. I felt like I hadn’t slept in 3 days but my eyes were forced open. I felt terrible and was very angry and bothered. Tried a whole again the next morning. Here I am laying on the couch ready to take a nap 5 hours later. I feel like the medicine has no effect whatsoever other than annoying me and keeping my eyes open when my body desperately wants sleep.”

Silverado November 15, 2019

For Narcolepsy: “I didn’t have a lot of high hopes for Sunosi, I thought it would be very similar to Nuvigil/Provigil. I tried to 75 mg we jumped up to the 150 within two days doctor even had me take an additional 75 mg to make it to 225mg, which is over the recommended dose, and I still felt absolutely nothing on any dosage. It’s labeled as a Norepinephrine, Dopamine re-uptake inhibitor or a NDRI. Which there are several already on the market but their use is for anti-depressants, however a NDRI according to all the medical research I’ve seen would take weeks to reach full effect. I don’t understand how Sunosi can possibly block reuptake of dopamine and norepinephrine within 20 to 30 minutes to achieve the affect needed. So I hope this helps somebody make sure you get free samples or get it covered by your insurance. The manufacturer also offers a discount card which makes it only $8.00. Do not pay cash for this medication until you’ve tried it.”

jw November 3, 2019

For Narcolepsy: “I got the free trial of 15 Sunosi pills. When I started using it I didn't feel any better still felt very tired. On the 2nd day of use I started getting a bad headache and I still felt really tired I also checked my blood pressure it was starting to get higher than normal and my stomach was starting to bother me. After the 3rd day stomach got worse still had bad headache and blood pressure was getting higher some slight chest pain. So after that I stopped taking it and now it's been a week since I have been off of it and no headache or stomach problems and blood pressure is down. The only thing I know is all the drugs that I have taken for narcolepsy had bad side effects and they all seem to be a bandage to fix the problem. I hate all of these meds because no one knows what damage you're doing to your body taking these meds that's why none of this stuff is good for you.”

TiredAf · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 29, 2019

For Narcolepsy: “So I’ve been taking the 150mg for about five months now, at first it seemed like it was helping me and I didn’t get the crash with the Adderall. At this point I’m not sure if I still feel that way. I still get excessively tired and I am extremely moody. I don’t have any motivation at all and I feel as though my chest is tightened around hour two and I’m almost in a daze/fog. The depression associated with the narcolepsy seems to be getting worse. I definitely think I need to change it. I was never on provigil/nuvigil since I was diagnosed right when this drug came out.”

SleepyKitty · Taken for less than 1 month October 23, 2019

For Narcolepsy: “I’ve been on 150mg of Sunosi for two days and I can barely stay awake. I was previously on modafinil, but after years of taking it, it stopped working for me. I am not impressed with Sunosi at all, and will be looking for something else until I can go back to modafinil.”

Sidney · Taken for less than 1 month September 30, 2019

For Narcolepsy: “I was put on 150 mg Sunosi for excessive daytime sleepiness. I took one day and I was awake, but not motivated and could not focus on anything or be productive. I have been on Provigil for many years and they said this medication was better than provigil. I hope it works for others”

Sael · Taken for less than 1 month September 27, 2019

For Narcolepsy: “Sunosi 75mg a day has changed my life. I’m awake and not sleepy all day - it even seems to help me wake up in the morning. I don’t get the crash I did with adderall. It’s a much more natural awake feeling. Even spending an entire day in front of a computer I didn’t get sleepy.”

Ms tired · Taken for less than 1 month September 20, 2019

For Obstructive Sleep Apnea/Hypopnea Syndrome: “Sunosi doesn’t work for me. It’s been about a week at 150mg. It makes me crash hard at the end of the day (around 4pm). At the end of the day, I’m more tired than if I didn’t take it at all. I’ve been waiting for this “miracle medication “ for a few months and I’m disappointed. Nuvigal was great but it stopped working .”

Real · Taken for less than 1 month September 13, 2019

For Narcolepsy: “I take 150 mg Sunosi and I’m awake but feel tired. Sometimes still nap in the afternoon but for a shorter duration.”

Anonymous August 27, 2019

For Narcolepsy: “Started with 75mg for about 5 days and then went up to 150mg. At first, the medicine seemed that it would work once I got used to the side effects and learning how to take it so that I was awake during the day but that it didn't keep me up at night - I was more awake during the day without really thinking about it. Unfortunately on about the 7th day of taking Sunosi I had a horrible "drug eruption" reaction. I went to urgent care and they put me on steroids to help with the swelling and I obviously stopped taking the drug. My face completely swelled up and developed a horrible itchy rash all over my body. It has been over ten days now and although things are getting better I still have an extremely itchy rash over most of my body. I am not allergic to any other medication and have never had a reaction like this. The other side effect I noticed during the week of taking it was lack of appetite.”

Mdezify · Taken for less than 1 month July 30, 2019

For Narcolepsy: “I started at 75mg at 7am. By 12:30pm I crashed and could barely stay awake. I’m now taking 75mg upon waking and 75mg two hours later. The best way I can describe it is that I’m awake but not overly motivated to do anything and I’d rather be sleeping. However, it’s the best option I have at this point because nothing else seems to work.”