User Reviews for Senokot

Bowel Preparation

1 review 117 medications
Summary of Senokot reviews 5.7 55 reviews

Reviews for Senokot

For Constipation "I bought Senokot syrup for my 82 year old mother but it is impossible for her to view the dosage instructions or info on side effects as the info was stuck to the side of the bottle under 3 layers is wrapper. It is very dangerous not to make the dosage info more visible especially for elderly patients who may not be dexterous enough to find the instructions."

Agnes (taken for less than 1 month) September 15, 2018

For Constipation "I have taken senokot for about 4 years couple times a month now I have IBS (irritable bowel syndrome) and suffer serious constipation I take 2 before bed and and other than little cramping bowel movement passes as if normal and no other side effects. Tried dulcolax just to see the difference and worst experience of my life. Would definitely stay with senakot from now on."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 15, 2018

For Constipation "While I was on vacation in malaysia, I took Senokot because I was constipated. 4 pills before I was going to bed were enough to make me sick for 3 entire days: cramps, severe migraine, dizzyness, vomiting 2 times, difficult breathing... PLEASE don't take this ever!!"

Leeko (taken for less than 1 month) September 10, 2018

For Constipation "This worked so well for me that I was driven to write a review which I never do! I had constipation issues for 3 days, took this last night, and today I wasn’t even in pain from it as I had worried, I just had the slight urge to go- and it was so easy. Thank you!!!!"

Senokotyayyy (taken for less than 1 month) August 29, 2018

For Constipation "I've suffered from constipation for as long as I can remember. Only having a BM maybe once or twice a week, if I'm lucky. A family member suggested senokot. I take two every night before bed, and have a (very runny) BM when I wake up. I don't usually get cramping or any other side effect, but when I have to go...I HAVE to go ;) I did read where some suggest that taking this long term can make ones bowels sluggish, and may stain the GI tract. Well, they were pretty darn sluggish before senokot, and I don't care what color my colon is. So, I'm going to continue to use them."

Moosenuckle (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 24, 2018

For Constipation "This works like a charm. I feel really bad for those who it doesn't work for or causes extreme pain. Seems those of us who suffer from chronic constipation it really works well. I never have pain, works quick, and clears everything right out. I never have any pain while using this product, however I do have to go to the bathroom 5-6 times after using it for the next few hours. But when I take this, it's because I really need it. So, I love it."

Jess (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 13, 2018

For Constipation "This worked really well for me. I was completely constipated for two weeks, and had tried Milk of Magnesia and Dulcolax with no effect at all. My Dr. recommended Senokot, and I took 1 of the Extra Strength at bedtime. It took 12 hours for me, but then everything got moving with ease again. I didn’t have cramps, pain, or diarrhea. I would definitely use this again."

Feelingbetter (taken for less than 1 month) August 10, 2018

For Constipation "I am a 20y/o student and recently I was having a hard time going to the restroom. One of my mother's friends recommended this medication and at first I was hesitant but it is the best thing that ever happened to me. When I can't go or I am bloated, I take it and it either works 24 hrs from the time taken or 2-3 hrs after. I love this, highly recommended!"

Frances (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 7, 2018

For Constipation "Hi I couldn’t go toilet for more than a week (although I do suffer with constipation). I took Senokot at night and the next day (around 3pm I had the urge to go. I went three times roughly and hour apart and ended up with diarrhea??? I did feel relieved but still a week later I’m stuck again????"

Hat (taken for less than 1 month) August 4, 2018

For Constipation "Took one dose and nothing. Took second dose and that’s when the headache and cramps, and the stomach gurgles started. It sure cleared the pipes, but wow liquid fire from within and lived in my bathroom for a day. I was tempted to just sleep on my bathroom floor to make it easier.. Once I thought nothing more could possibly come out, a new wave would hit.. can’t even eat crackers or it goes right through."

Me August 4, 2018

For Constipation "I suffer with IBS-c (irritable bowel syndrome with constipation) and rarely will have a bowel movement naturally. I take sennacot-s every 3 days and it consistently produces a bowel movement but it varies how my body reacts to the medication. At times I have to take two or three doses and other times it causes extreme cramps, nausea and diarrhea after one dose. Unfortunately any stimulant laxatives such as this cause “lazy bowel” and dependency issues. So although effective, I would recommend starting with something different such as lax-a-day before turning to this medication."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 25, 2018

For Constipation "Did not work at all. Took at night time nothing happened next morning accept for occasional period pain but I was due on soon anyway so could of been that. Took another dosage that next day to see if maybe I needed more for it to kick in. Nothing... All it did was give me a headache. Bloated and a lot of gas. Would never use again and chucked the rest in the bin."

Denise (taken for less than 1 month) July 23, 2018

For Constipation "Yeah it didn’t work. I took it 18hours ago and nothing"

Bethy (taken for less than 1 month) July 18, 2018

For Constipation "Taken Senokot a couple of times the past few weeks and found it to be effective with little to no side effects. Took only one yesterday at 8am, it kicked in at 3pm and ohhh boyyy. I visited the toilet 7 times in the space of a few hours, I had horrendous stomach cramps, nausea and vomiting and couldn't hold anything down all day. It is now 5pm the following day and I still have cramping, similar to food poisoning. Yes, it will clear out the pipes, but is it worth it to feel like this? Will stick to ducolax in future!"

JJ123456 July 6, 2018

For Constipation "It doesn't work in the slightest. Don't waste your time."

Hypeson May 26, 2018

For Constipation "This was the worst laxative I ever tried. I got such a terrible thunderclap migraine and suffered for 3 days. Horrible. Then when I googled it and found I was not alone, why is it still on the market?"

theo April 26, 2018

For Constipation "I take one in the evening, and the next morn I have a soft stool; no problems"

Bill (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 13, 2018

For Constipation "Ok so I took two pills at 8pm to help with some constipation I’d been having for a couple weeks. Honestly, I didn’t really look into it before buying it. I’d never taken a laxative before, and didn’t really think about how they work. So after I took the pills, I googled it. The reviews scared me to death. They read “explosive diarrhea, extreme cramping, vomiting......then more explosive diarrhea.” Not the stuff dreams are made of. I was so scared. The next day I was to have a 7 hour car ride with family and I thought for sure I’d be stopping and exploding diarrhea all day. I packed toilet paper, Imodium and Advil. What I got her period-like cramps, I felt a little crappy, but no diarrhea. Thank god. About 11 hours after I took the pills, I had soft stool. Then about 20 hours later had a little diarrhea. Not explosive :) I would use it again though. I felt a little crappy all day but it didn’t really do much for me."

Momma (taken for less than 1 month) March 31, 2018

For Constipation "Whoa. Ok, it WILL produce a bowel movement. But you ain't gonna like it. It will also produce cramps, gas and an unpleasant feeling. Do not take this before going to work! I only took 2 pills and it hammered me. It is anything but gentle. Am throwing these out and sticking to stool softeners, no laxatives."

Not Necessary (taken for less than 1 month) February 19, 2018

For Constipation "Okay, I too at first had painful dry bowel movements, which I took as causing my constipation. The ones behind it were loose. (after taking Senokot) With me it seemed like the ones behind it had to push the old dry ones out first. This might take a day or two with Senokot. Ever since taking Senokot my movements have been loose. I have had constipation for years. I take two Senokot at night and sometimes one an hour after lunch."

RHYDEN77 February 14, 2018

For Constipation "Product works! (But beware) I bought senokot to bring on vacation (time change messes with my bowels) and I was feeling a little backed up so I decided to give it try ahead of time to test the effectiveness. I only took 1 pill before bed and as other comments said I woke up around 2am with some slight cramping and discomfort but was able to fall back asleep. The next 2 days produced 5 movements and A LOT of gas and cramping. Nothing excrutiating but certainly not comfortable. For someone with severe constipation I'm sure this product is great but for the occasional user this is simply too strong."

ont1992 (taken for less than 1 month) February 13, 2018

For Constipation "It caused me to have to go to the bathroom every 20 minutes."

kimsgrim February 6, 2018

For Constipation "I have taken 3 senokot in 2 days and I guess I'm allowed 1 more before bed. I don't have a bowel movement tomorrow I'm going to buy a different product."

Log looking (taken for less than 1 month) February 1, 2018

For Constipation "Very helpful medication, I didn’t experience any pain along with it despite all the previous comments. Just woke up and had to poo, I have IBS and it help a lot with my consitipation (plus it doesn’t have a taste unlike laxaday)"

Jack2738 December 19, 2017

For Constipation "Omg awful tablets! made me cramp at 2am which woke me up and then the drama started. Drink water and try a more natural approach! ..No way I could take this daily! its not a nice feeling! and tad nauseated."

ConniePated (taken for less than 1 month) November 16, 2017