User Reviews for Senokot

Bowel Preparation

1 review 117 medications
Summary of Senokot reviews 5.5 41 reviews

Reviews for Senokot

For Constipation "It doesn't work in the slightest. Don't waste your time."

Hypeson May 26, 2018

For Constipation "This was the worst laxative I ever tried. I got such a terrible thunderclap migraine and suffered for 3 days. Horrible. Then when I googled it and found I was not alone, why is it still on the market?"

theo April 26, 2018

For Constipation "I take one in the evening, and the next morn I have a soft stool; no problems"

Bill (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 13, 2018

For Constipation "Ok so I took two pills at 8pm to help with some constipation I’d been having for a couple weeks. Honestly, I didn’t really look into it before buying it. I’d never taken a laxative before, and didn’t really think about how they work. So after I took the pills, I googled it. The reviews scared me to death. They read “explosive diarrhea, extreme cramping, vomiting......then more explosive diarrhea.” Not the stuff dreams are made of. I was so scared. The next day I was to have a 7 hour car ride with family and I thought for sure I’d be stopping and exploding diarrhea all day. I packed toilet paper, Imodium and Advil. What I got her period-like cramps, I felt a little crappy, but no diarrhea. Thank god. About 11 hours after I took the pills, I had soft stool. Then about 20 hours later had a little diarrhea. Not explosive :) I would use it again though. I felt a little crappy all day but it didn’t really do much for me."

Momma (taken for less than 1 month) March 31, 2018

For Constipation "Whoa. Ok, it WILL produce a bowel movement. But you ain't gonna like it. It will also produce cramps, gas and an unpleasant feeling. Do not take this before going to work! I only took 2 pills and it hammered me. It is anything but gentle. Am throwing these out and sticking to stool softeners, no laxatives."

Not Necessary (taken for less than 1 month) February 19, 2018

For Constipation "Okay, I too at first had painful dry bowel movements, which I took as causing my constipation. The ones behind it were loose. (after taking Senokot) With me it seemed like the ones behind it had to push the old dry ones out first. This might take a day or two with Senokot. Ever since taking Senokot my movements have been loose. I have had constipation for years. I take two Senokot at night and sometimes one an hour after lunch."

RHYDEN77 February 14, 2018

For Constipation "Product works! (But beware) I bought senokot to bring on vacation (time change messes with my bowels) and I was feeling a little backed up so I decided to give it try ahead of time to test the effectiveness. I only took 1 pill before bed and as other comments said I woke up around 2am with some slight cramping and discomfort but was able to fall back asleep. The next 2 days produced 5 movements and A LOT of gas and cramping. Nothing excrutiating but certainly not comfortable. For someone with severe constipation I'm sure this product is great but for the occasional user this is simply too strong."

ont1992 (taken for less than 1 month) February 13, 2018

For Constipation "It caused me to have to go to the bathroom every 20 minutes."

kimsgrim February 6, 2018

For Constipation "I have taken 3 senokot in 2 days and I guess I'm allowed 1 more before bed. I don't have a bowel movement tomorrow I'm going to buy a different product."

Log looking (taken for less than 1 month) February 1, 2018

For Constipation "Very helpful medication, I didn’t experience any pain along with it despite all the previous comments. Just woke up and had to poo, I have IBS and it help a lot with my consitipation (plus it doesn’t have a taste unlike laxaday)"

Jack2738 December 19, 2017

For Constipation "Omg awful tablets! made me cramp at 2am which woke me up and then the drama started. Drink water and try a more natural approach! ..No way I could take this daily! its not a nice feeling! and tad nauseated."

ConniePated (taken for less than 1 month) November 16, 2017

For Constipation "Senokot is an unpredictable laxative. I take pain pills for chronic pain. For years I took Magnesium Oxide which worked like a charm. However, I had to keep adjusting the dose & it finally stopped working altogether. After trying other laxatives unsuccessfully, I tried Senokot. Began with 2 pills: nothing. 3 pills: nothing. I finally took 4 pills & next day excruciating cramps & went 4 times. Stools were not soft &I had to strain despite taking stool softness (these have never worked alone but read that taken with Senokot helped). At my wits end because nothing aside from enemas work. I eat prunes, plenty of fruit, dried figs & tons of vegetables. I can't take the cramping side effect which I never had with Magnesium Oxide."

Chronica (taken for less than 1 month) November 12, 2017

For Constipation "Ok, I'm gonna give you advise if you have never taken this medicine before, make sure you have the next day off. Don't try to take this med before bed, thinking you'll have one go at the toilet and your ready to go. Second I would try changing your diet, an enema or even miralax before considering this med. I was having stomach pain and had an xray of my stomach and my Dr showed me how stopped up I was, it's amazing how much the body can hold. Anyway I say all this because it does clean u out but yes your cramps are close to something like food poisoning cramps, because it's forcing ur body to do something it can't effectively do on its own. I hope this helps."

Needs to poop October 11, 2017

For Constipation "I have constipation regularly. Milk of magnesia give me terrible cramps and makes me have nausea. Usually no BM. Miralax takes 3 days to work on me. Biscodyl tablets react the same as Milk of magnesia except with horrible gas. Senna, I have normal cramping before a BM, usually takes 8 hours to work. Very pleased."

Caroli..562 October 3, 2017

For Constipation "After spending 2 hrs reading the reviews for Senokot.... I was deathly afraid to take them. I finally caved and I took 2 at 12:30 am. I felt nothing except a few minor rumbles the next afternoon. Finally about 6:30 pm I started getting cramps. Yes they hurt a little. But when you spend half your life constipated, a little pain is nothing if a good BM follows.... and it did. By 7pm I was in the bathroom. Took a few minutes but it worked well and felt about 5lbs lighter. Went once again about 15 minutes later. Loose stool. And that was it!! So, while for some this med obviously causes them great pain or just doesn't work at all - I was all for it. Chronic constipation is awful so it was worth it to me. Don't let the reviews scare you. "

MsHenson September 26, 2017

For Constipation "Took 2 tabs in AM and 2 in pm for a bowel motion in the AM, horrible stomach cramps, not worth it just use milk of Magnesia no cramps and with right dose bowel movement in 2-3 hours and no cramps just drink hot liquids for a couple of hours !"

Burris1 (taken for less than 1 month) September 13, 2017

For Constipation "I had leg surgery last week and the morphine from the pain relief gave me rather severe constipation - it was the worst feeling, I was sore sitting down that I was crying and depressed. I tried prunes and fybogel - but no movement. I couldn't bear it. I took 2 senokot 2 nights ago before bed - nothing. I took another 2 after 12 hours. About 2 hours later. I had a rather painful hard bowel movement, a couple of hours later I had crippling stomach cramps - which led to a further 2 bowel movements, each getting softer (but no diarrhoea). I had another before bed that night - back to my normal consistency, then another on waking this morning. I am delighted. Was it a pleasant experience? No. Would I do it again? Albsolutely!"

Susie36 September 6, 2017

For Constipation "Please do not take this medicine. Oh my goodness I can't express enough what this put me through past 2 days. I took yesterday at 7am was fine all day till after dinner at 6:30. Then I felt major gas like pains that took me to my knees. The pain had me sounding like a dying moose. Then came the nausea and vomiting felt like the worst food poisoning ever. I was so hot and sweating like crazy then literally freezing. The urgency to vomit and poo made me loose total control of my bladder . I was so weak from the torturing pain I could hardly speak or move. I wanted to lay down in fetal position not moving to prevent the pain to come back. During all this I felt delirious & my heart was pounding the whole time through out the night. DONT USE!"

MadeABadChoice (taken for less than 1 month) September 4, 2017

For Constipation "Have IBS & on strong meds for ongoing pains elsewhere. I get bunged up quite a lot & have been again more so than usual for a few days. I took my pain relief meds as usual all day Monday, tried to go to the loo again on Monday night but couldn't & I was doubled over in constipation pain, so I took 2 Senokot. All day Tuesday I was asleep on & off. Couldn't eat or drink a thing and felt very sick with stomach pains, couldn't even talk properly. In the evening I drank some water but each sip went through me, it was like a laxative! Today (Wednesday),I still feel very sick and every little thing I've tried to eat or drink goes through me. I'm also getting a migraine and although I feel better than yesterday, I still feel ill.Rather be bunged up!"

I feel so ill :-( (taken for less than 1 month) June 7, 2017

For Constipation "Helps relieve constipation but gave me the worst stomach pains ever! to the point where I was bent over and couldn't stand back up. Wouldn't take them again"

Lzo (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 13, 2017

For Constipation "Took one the first night, got cramps and diarrhea, ate half the next night was ok, half the third and nothing. Took one the next got cramps and diarrhea. Took 3/4 th of a tab for two nights straight, nothing, nothing. Took 1 the next night STILL nothing."

Just to help (taken for less than 1 month) April 7, 2017

For Constipation "Nothing ! Used for three days and took more than recommended two ! When u have constipation u want some immediate effect in at least in 8 hours - as this one suggests to work ! Rubbish !"

Nethtyuvh January 21, 2017

For Constipation "Oh holy god, I have very mixed feelings about this senokot, it is effective at getting things moving, took it four days in a row and on the fourth day, I now have the most horrific stomach cramps ever, the worst I've ever had by far and I keep having to go over and over again, I've already gone three times today and as I write this, I feel the urgency again, I will not be taking these again that's for sure, they do work but these cramps (which I see others have reported too) are really really not worth the bother."

Anonymity32 January 18, 2017

For Constipation "Constipated since Christmas day 2016 now Jan 10th 2017. Went a little every couple of days nothing to write home about. Took one senokot last night at 9pm. 7:30am next morning had some rumblings a little cramp then went as normal. Felt a little nausea and a bit of tummy ache for 30 mins then ok. Thank goodess."

Jorel January 10, 2017

For Constipation "Lose the commercial where the old guy mispronounces senokot and says senoKOOT..need a new advertising team!!! Stupid, stupid, stupid!!!!!"

Anonymous November 11, 2016