User Reviews for Senokot

Bowel Preparation

Summary of Senokot reviews 5.8 70 reviews

Reviews for Senokot

IBS · Taken for 6 months to 1 year July 6, 2019

For Constipation "Senokot does not work I take 2 one day then the next day took 4 still nothing so the next day took 6, 3 days later nothing. Tesco do there own brand and 2 of them work really well much more cheaper too. Never buying Senokot again useless might as well take a sweetie."

Marianne · Taken for less than 1 month July 4, 2019

For Constipation "Have been experiencing Constipation for approx 3 weeks. It’s never ever happened before. I’ve always been Regular. I took 1 Tablet last night before Bed. This Morning movements were back to normal. Hope it continues."

Nama · Taken for less than 1 month June 27, 2019

For Constipation "I am so shocked by the bad reviews of Senokot. I am not constipated often but it is the best thing I have ever tried when I am. My doctor recommended Dulcolax when I had a problem once and never again. The pain I had was like having another baby. I use Senekot because it is so gentle with no side effects or cramping. Just a gentle normal bowel movement the next day. I even brought it to my mom in the Nursing home after she had a hysterectomy and was in awful pain mostly from constipation. Nothing they did for her helped. Just caused more cramping. Several hours after the Senekot she was able to have a normal bowl movement and no more pain or constipation. This was a God sent for her."

Aaarrgghhh · Taken for 5 to 10 years June 21, 2019

For Constipation "I’ve used the pills from time to time when I feel a little bloated or bunged up. Take them at least 8 hours before you want to get up for work (you’d be crazy to take any laxative before the start of a full on work shift)"

Goober · Taken for less than 1 month June 9, 2019

For Constipation "I've been having major bowel issues was in the hospital with a bowel obstruction. After getting out I was worried it would happen again. Spoke to Pharmacist and they suggested this every night until my bowels move normally and to stay and continue on Restoralax and then back off Senokot. It worked great for me. No complaints here!"

Anon · Taken for less than 1 month May 20, 2019

For Constipation "I took senokot and it took about 9-10 hours for mine to start to work. When it did work the experience itself is not the most comfortable, given slight cramps and a BM with a soft but foreign feeling consistency. However, it did get the job done and I do not regret choosing this option. Would only recommend if constipation lasts for more than a couple of days, else don’t put yourself through discomfort for nothing."

Meres May 19, 2019

For Constipation "I have to take Senokot medicine or I can't have a bowel motion"

Ryan · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 4, 2019

For Constipation "I have had 2 back surgeries and take pain meds that have constipated me over the years. I have been so constipated I've had partial blockages. I've tried everything from laxatives to enemas, citromag and milk of magnesia and everything in between, I can honestly say senokot has by far worked the best for me. Yes I have cramped and felt nauseous but only when I have been extremely impacted and haven't had movement for 2 weeks or more. But right as you release all the nauseous feeling and cramping is gone and it doesn't come back and that's only been for 10 mins until my stomach brewed enough for a movement. But now I've learnt if I haven't released in a week to just take 2 and I don't have cramping or feel nauseous...its a much more pleasant experience."

Larry · Taken for less than 1 month March 14, 2019

For Constipation "Senokot rarely works - Not great results at all for my constipation."

Needtopoo · Taken for less than 1 month February 14, 2019

For Constipation "The effects of this laxative are very unpredictable. Sometimes I can take 2 tabs and not go for 24 hours, or it works fine the next day. Currently not having a great experience. I took 1 tab last night. Woke up this morning to awful cramps, bloating and nausea. On the plus side, I've been to the loo 3 times in an hour and feel a lot less bunged up. Because of its unpredictability, I think I will try a high fibre diet or lactulose. It does work, but when the side effects are bad, they're extremely unpleasant."

Lor · Taken for 2 to 5 years January 24, 2019

For Constipation "I’ve taken 2 tablets every night for a whole week and still no bowel movement, not even cramps "

Tantan January 19, 2019

For Constipation "This product works really well. I almost never get constipated but I have quit smoking and I was having this side effect. I had tried Dulcolax before and it was a terrible experience with terrible cramps and urgent diarrhea. This medication was recommended by a friend. I was hesitant to try it but I was very uncomfortable and desperate. I also had hemorrhoids due to the constipation that were healing and I was scared they would return. I took 2 pills at 9 p.m. and at 4:30 a.m. I woke up to have a BM. The first one was normal and I had to go about 4 times afterward and it was diarrhea. I didn't have any cramping or discomfort. I just needed to be near a washroom for about 2 hours after it started working. I feel so much better now. No more bloating, the BMs didn't hurt my hemorrhoids, and I feel like myself again."

Morgan December 10, 2018

For Bowel Preparation "Took 1 pill at 6pm. Woke up expecting the need to go, but nothing happened. Then around 1pm I'm hit with cold sweats and bad cramping pains. Would not recommend"

DO NOT TAKE · Taken for less than 1 month December 4, 2018

For Constipation "DO NOT USE. SEVERE stomach pain, cold sweats, light headedness. My stomach started gurgling about an hour after taking 2 tablets followed by bowel movements. But the INTENSE ABDOMINAL PAIN kept me awake all night. I thought something else might have been really wrong, but after reading many other Senokot reviews I realize I’m not the only one suffering from the consequences of putting this in my body. DO NOT TAKE!"

qwerty November 17, 2018

For Constipation "I have gastric pain and diarrhea on Monday and Tuesday so I decided to take gaviscon and condition still persist but also constipated for about three days. Went to hospital to check doc said that I have GERD so he gave me acid reflux meds and Senokot. Took at 11pm before sleep took it 12 hours and now its 3pm next day I'm down with diarrhea and dizziness, lost appetite, any time I eat I will need to go to the toilet. I hope this goes away soon. Work well for some, doesn't work for some."

Agnes · Taken for less than 1 month September 15, 2018

For Constipation "I bought Senokot syrup for my 82 year old mother but it is impossible for her to view the dosage instructions or info on side effects as the info was stuck to the side of the bottle under 3 layers is wrapper. It is very dangerous not to make the dosage info more visible especially for elderly patients who may not be dexterous enough to find the instructions."

Anonymous · Taken for 2 to 5 years September 15, 2018

For Constipation "I have taken senokot for about 4 years couple times a month now I have IBS (irritable bowel syndrome) and suffer serious constipation I take 2 before bed and and other than little cramping bowel movement passes as if normal and no other side effects. Tried dulcolax just to see the difference and worst experience of my life. Would definitely stay with senakot from now on."

Leeko · Taken for less than 1 month September 10, 2018

For Constipation "While I was on vacation in malaysia, I took Senokot because I was constipated. 4 pills before I was going to bed were enough to make me sick for 3 entire days: cramps, severe migraine, dizzyness, vomiting 2 times, difficult breathing... PLEASE don't take this ever!!"

Senokotyayyy · Taken for less than 1 month August 29, 2018

For Constipation "This worked so well for me that I was driven to write a review which I never do! I had constipation issues for 3 days, took this last night, and today I wasn’t even in pain from it as I had worried, I just had the slight urge to go- and it was so easy. Thank you!!!!"

Moosenuckle · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 24, 2018

For Constipation "I've suffered from constipation for as long as I can remember. Only having a BM maybe once or twice a week, if I'm lucky. A family member suggested senokot. I take two every night before bed, and have a (very runny) BM when I wake up. I don't usually get cramping or any other side effect, but when I have to go...I HAVE to go ;) I did read where some suggest that taking this long term can make ones bowels sluggish, and may stain the GI tract. Well, they were pretty darn sluggish before senokot, and I don't care what color my colon is. So, I'm going to continue to use them."

Jess · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 13, 2018

For Constipation "This works like a charm. I feel really bad for those who it doesn't work for or causes extreme pain. Seems those of us who suffer from chronic constipation it really works well. I never have pain, works quick, and clears everything right out. I never have any pain while using this product, however I do have to go to the bathroom 5-6 times after using it for the next few hours. But when I take this, it's because I really need it. So, I love it."

Feelingbetter · Taken for less than 1 month August 10, 2018

For Constipation "This worked really well for me. I was completely constipated for two weeks, and had tried Milk of Magnesia and Dulcolax with no effect at all. My Dr. recommended Senokot, and I took 1 of the Extra Strength at bedtime. It took 12 hours for me, but then everything got moving with ease again. I didn’t have cramps, pain, or diarrhea. I would definitely use this again."

Frances · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 7, 2018

For Constipation "I am a 20y/o student and recently I was having a hard time going to the restroom. One of my mother's friends recommended this medication and at first I was hesitant but it is the best thing that ever happened to me. When I can't go or I am bloated, I take it and it either works 24 hrs from the time taken or 2-3 hrs after. I love this, highly recommended!"

Hat · Taken for less than 1 month August 4, 2018

For Constipation "Hi I couldn’t go toilet for more than a week (although I do suffer with constipation). I took Senokot at night and the next day (around 3pm I had the urge to go. I went three times roughly and hour apart and ended up with diarrhea??? I did feel relieved but still a week later I’m stuck again????"

Me August 4, 2018

For Constipation "Took one dose and nothing. Took second dose and that’s when the headache and cramps, and the stomach gurgles started. It sure cleared the pipes, but wow liquid fire from within and lived in my bathroom for a day. I was tempted to just sleep on my bathroom floor to make it easier.. Once I thought nothing more could possibly come out, a new wave would hit.. can’t even eat crackers or it goes right through."