User Reviews for Daliresp

Learn more about Daliresp.

COPD 27 reviews 39 medications

8.1
COPD, Maintenance 12 reviews 46 medications

4.8
Summary of Daliresp reviews 39 reviews 6.5

Reviews for Daliresp

For COPD "Daliresp did cause me nausea and diarrhea, but... Doctor prescribed Zofran for the nausea and Zofran causes constipation. Problem solved."

TammySammy July 31, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For COPD "Daliresp is great. Although taking the 500 mcg was a bit too much for me it made me feel too light headed, I started splitting it in half and it seems to do well for me now. It does give me energy and does open up my lungs. I have also lost some weight since using it. It does give me diarrhea but its not severe. I do take each half of the pill 12 hours apart. That seems to work really good for my lungs. And feel good . I have very severe COPD. I started using oxygen, 2 liter continuous on March 1 ,2017. The daliresp and oxygen seem to work very well together. Most of the side affects go away in a bit of time. I found a good diet of fiber fruits veggies and low fat sure helps alleviates the side effects. Get rid of the salt too."

mollykatybugg May 30, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For COPD "I have severe COPD I cannot walk around. I was coughing up lungers daily but for last 2 years with this, I have had maybe 2 or 3 times. Life saver."

Billyjw (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 20, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For COPD "Breathing great, diarrhea not so great. Not worth it."

Lpit180 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 16, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For COPD, Maintenance "I just started taking Daliresp again 10-23-16 the only problem that I have is I can't sleep.I can't go to sleep or stay asleep.and when I do go to sleep it's only for a few hrs.than I am awake again.I take it before and stop taking it because I could sleep.I really don't know at this time if it works or not.haven't been on it long enough to know.that's one of the side effects.so what can u do to stay asleep?"

sweetvickey October 25, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For COPD "I have severe COPD and started taking Daliresp approximately 2 years ago. My pulmonologist suggested Daliresp as I was experiencing frequent exacerbations requiring 2 to 3 hospitalizations a year. I am taking 2 different inhalers a day and on 4% oxygen 24/7. For the past 2 years I have been hospital free! Yah! I wish the Daliresp wasn't so expensive or a generic were available, but then again no hospitalizations (which is the last place a sick person should be)."

Ginny LB (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 3, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For COPD "my husband had been haveing multiple hospitalizations 9 in 10 months once on a respirator for copd excallabrations his pulmanolagist put him on daliresp and i must say i am very impressed he has not had a flare up in 3 months and his breathing is seeming to stabilize , he does get headaches. but it is something that as he says he is willing to deal with if it means a more normal life"

bobo1234 October 2, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For COPD "This drug has worked wonders for me. Its too bad we can't afford it"

Sparklecat September 5, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For COPD, Maintenance "Started taking Dailresp 3 mths ago. Noticed improvement in breathing in 1st week. Then started having nausea and loss of appetite. I also started having other reactions,insomnia, depression, anxiety, panic attacks, bad thoughts about death. Over the last 2 mths it's gotten worse. I didn't know it could be the Dailresp. This morning I woke up at 1am couldn't go back to sleep because of thoughts of dying. It's 2pm I'm still awake(I can't sleep during the day). Got so bad I went to the ER today. The Doctor told me to stop the Dailresp. OK! I never had mental health issues before. I don't have any clue how long it will take to recover from the mental health issues I'm having."

Momma Jo August 21, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For COPD "I have been on this medication for approximately one month. When I first began taking this medication (500mcg) and was having numerous side effects. Changed regimen to taking 500 mcg every other day. Continued to have same side effects. For past two weeks, I have been taking one-half dosage (250mcg) once at night and once in the morning. This has virtually eliminated all the previous side effects. My breathing improvement has been much better and more consistent with this low dosage. The 500 mcg pills are so small that is is impossible to divide a tablet without a good pill cutter. I found one on Amazon that works great. Perfect split of 500 mcg pill each time."

NRL July 17, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For COPD "I have been taking this medication for 12 days now. Sometimes I have diarrhea the morning after I take it, sometimes I don't . Have had a headache for five of those days. Sometimes I get extremely nauseated after I take it, but it passes in about an hour. Sometimes I sweat . The first few days I felt like my breathing was better. Now , I'm not so sure. I have lost 7 pounds in 12 days. This medication suppresses your appetite and for me totally took away my craving for sweets . A good thing I guess, as long as I don't lose over about 15 lbs ."

Naj (taken for less than 1 month) May 7, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For COPD "Have been on Dalisrep over 2 weeks now; could tell much improvement in my breathing. Didn't need to use supplemental oxygen at all. However, yesterday, I couldn't take the nausea, vomiting, tremors, leg aches, headaches, bathroom trips, any longer. I tried taking the meds with and without food, didn't seem to make any difference. I'm wondering how long the side effects last? It seems some people don't have side effects at all. I am so disappointed that I won't be able to continue this drug as I feel that it was helping me with my breathing. But I can't stand the side effects any longer. I have lost 10 lbs in the 2 weeks, I have no appetite whatsoever, and I know that I need the nutrition as prednisone causes bone loss."

Momeganamamma (taken for less than 1 month) March 27, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For COPD, Maintenance "It hasn't helped my severe COPD & acute exacerbations. My Dr. gave me samples to try but so far nothing. I will continue to take until all is gone then I have to call the Dr. about the results. I have extreme sweating & was sick to my stomach the 1st wk but now it's just every so often"

stiges October 24, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For COPD "I used to have exacerbations regularly after finishing a dose of prednisone. Began taking Daliresp a year and a half ago and have not had one since. The only side effects I had was a weeks worth of very loose bowel movements when I first began. A great medicine."

Davike (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 7, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For COPD, Maintenance "I seem to have lost my tasting abilities for foods."

Kona winds (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 5, 2014

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For COPD, Maintenance "Love what this does to improve my breathing but the diarrhea just wont go away and that is the worst side effect for me. I tried taking in the morning and got headaches and felt nauseous as well as having the diarrhea so took it at night but the diarrhea has persisted. If I can't take something to counter this side effect, I will stop taking as I can't go anywhere with the diarrhea."

Maryjnn (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 2, 2014

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For COPD "Made huge difference in breathing and lessened exacerbations!"

63 July 17, 2014

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For COPD "This medication is wonderful. I just wish I could afford it. I recently got health insurance and it cost $250.00 a month and I was getting samples from my doctor when they had them which I know if I took it on a regular basis it would make me feel a hundred times better. It's great and keeps me out of the hospital!"

Cindy lindsey June 1, 2014

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For COPD, Maintenance "Been on Daliresp since September 2011, no adverse side effects at all. I find that it has helped my breathing greatly. Have not had and exacerbation since going on medication. Prior to Daliresp had 2 to 3 flare ups yearly."

Pink Patty (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 19, 2014

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For COPD, Maintenance "My wife has been taking this medicine for 2 weeks for C.O.P.D. maintenance. It worked great for the C.O.P.D.; she use to cough constantly and had a hard time breathing, even while on prednisone. However within 2 hours of taking the Daliresp, she stopped coughing & began breathing well. However, she developed diarea , then after coming off the prednisone got severe back pain, and was not able to sleep. It seems to help the C.O.P.D. very well but the side effects may not be worth the breathing relief."

jesfws (taken for less than 1 month) October 25, 2013

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For COPD "Medicine took water weight of 24lb immediately and another 9 lb. in the next 2 weeks. Helped my breathing almost immediately. Was nauseous for 6 months, however I took med at night to sleep through nausea. Have used for 1 1/2 yrs. and no more side effects. Does help keep swelling to a minimum in entire body."

Breathing easier in MT (taken for 1 to 2 years) October 16, 2013

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For COPD "I started with a sample from my doctor. After using daliresp I didn't notice any change in my breathing after only 4 days I realized I didn't use my nebulizer as much. I can't believe this little pill could help so much..Bravo. Only problem I won't be able to get another prescription due to the high co pay, what a shame. I do recommend this medication highly."

LACE1941 (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 30, 2013

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For COPD, Maintenance "Did improve wheezing symptoms when taken in conjunction with Advair Diskus, however caused sleep problems as well as digestive disturbances (12-16 bowel motions/day)."

Dissatisfied (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 12, 2013

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For COPD "Prior to taking Daliresp - had to take inhalers everyday (always before exercising, occasionally just to breathe normally), frequent lung infections (3-4 per year). Felt like I had a lung infection once again when the doctor prescribed this med instead of the typical antibiotics and prednisone. After taking Daliresp - felt much better in a few days, no longer need to take inhalers (only 1x in last 30 days) and exercising (jogging and weights) almost everyday. Big improvement. Only downside - occasional headaches, maybe 3-4 times per week that go away after a couple advils. Overall, big improvement in quality of life."

ejarm (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 16, 2013

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For COPD "I started it 3 days ago. I felt better on the 2nd day."

JO Ann T April 25, 2013