User Reviews for Daliresp

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Daliresp.

Daliresp Rating Summary

8.1/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 113 medications used in the treatment of COPD.

Reviews for Daliresp to treat COPD

"Daliresp did cause me nausea and diarrhea, but... Doctor prescribed Zofran for the nausea and Zofran causes constipation. Problem solved."

TammySammy July 31, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Daliresp is great. Although taking the 500 mcg was a bit too much for me it made me feel too light headed, I started splitting it in half and it seems to do well for me now. It does give me energy and does open up my lungs. I have also lost some weight since using it. It does give me diarrhea but its not severe. I do take each half of the pill 12 hours apart. That seems to work really good for my lungs. And feel good . I have very severe COPD. I started using oxygen, 2 liter continuous on March 1 ,2017. The daliresp and oxygen seem to work very well together. Most of the side affects go away in a bit of time. I found a good diet of fiber fruits veggies and low fat sure helps alleviates the side effects. Get rid of the salt too."

mollykatybugg May 30, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have severe COPD I cannot walk around. I was coughing up lungers daily but for last 2 years with this, I have had maybe 2 or 3 times. Life saver."

Billyjw (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 20, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Breathing great, diarrhea not so great. Not worth it."

Lpit180 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 16, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have severe COPD and started taking Daliresp approximately 2 years ago. My pulmonologist suggested Daliresp as I was experiencing frequent exacerbations requiring 2 to 3 hospitalizations a year. I am taking 2 different inhalers a day and on 4% oxygen 24/7. For the past 2 years I have been hospital free! Yah! I wish the Daliresp wasn't so expensive or a generic were available, but then again no hospitalizations (which is the last place a sick person should be)."

Ginny LB (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 3, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"my husband had been haveing multiple hospitalizations 9 in 10 months once on a respirator for copd excallabrations his pulmanolagist put him on daliresp and i must say i am very impressed he has not had a flare up in 3 months and his breathing is seeming to stabilize , he does get headaches. but it is something that as he says he is willing to deal with if it means a more normal life"

bobo1234 October 2, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"This drug has worked wonders for me. Its too bad we can't afford it"

Sparklecat September 5, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have been on this medication for approximately one month. When I first began taking this medication (500mcg) and was having numerous side effects. Changed regimen to taking 500 mcg every other day. Continued to have same side effects. For past two weeks, I have been taking one-half dosage (250mcg) once at night and once in the morning. This has virtually eliminated all the previous side effects. My breathing improvement has been much better and more consistent with this low dosage. The 500 mcg pills are so small that is is impossible to divide a tablet without a good pill cutter. I found one on Amazon that works great. Perfect split of 500 mcg pill each time."

NRL July 17, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have been taking this medication for 12 days now. Sometimes I have diarrhea the morning after I take it, sometimes I don't . Have had a headache for five of those days. Sometimes I get extremely nauseated after I take it, but it passes in about an hour. Sometimes I sweat . The first few days I felt like my breathing was better. Now , I'm not so sure. I have lost 7 pounds in 12 days. This medication suppresses your appetite and for me totally took away my craving for sweets . A good thing I guess, as long as I don't lose over about 15 lbs ."

Naj (taken for less than 1 month) May 7, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Have been on Dalisrep over 2 weeks now; could tell much improvement in my breathing. Didn't need to use supplemental oxygen at all. However, yesterday, I couldn't take the nausea, vomiting, tremors, leg aches, headaches, bathroom trips, any longer. I tried taking the meds with and without food, didn't seem to make any difference. I'm wondering how long the side effects last? It seems some people don't have side effects at all. I am so disappointed that I won't be able to continue this drug as I feel that it was helping me with my breathing. But I can't stand the side effects any longer. I have lost 10 lbs in the 2 weeks, I have no appetite whatsoever, and I know that I need the nutrition as prednisone causes bone loss."

Momeganamamma (taken for less than 1 month) March 27, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I used to have exacerbations regularly after finishing a dose of prednisone. Began taking Daliresp a year and a half ago and have not had one since. The only side effects I had was a weeks worth of very loose bowel movements when I first began. A great medicine."

Davike (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 7, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Made huge difference in breathing and lessened exacerbations!"

63 July 17, 2014

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"This medication is wonderful. I just wish I could afford it. I recently got health insurance and it cost $250.00 a month and I was getting samples from my doctor when they had them which I know if I took it on a regular basis it would make me feel a hundred times better. It's great and keeps me out of the hospital!"

Cindy lindsey June 1, 2014

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Medicine took water weight of 24lb immediately and another 9 lb. in the next 2 weeks. Helped my breathing almost immediately. Was nauseous for 6 months, however I took med at night to sleep through nausea. Have used for 1 1/2 yrs. and no more side effects. Does help keep swelling to a minimum in entire body."

Breathing easier in MT (taken for 1 to 2 years) October 16, 2013

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I started with a sample from my doctor. After using daliresp I didn't notice any change in my breathing after only 4 days I realized I didn't use my nebulizer as much. I can't believe this little pill could help so much..Bravo. Only problem I won't be able to get another prescription due to the high co pay, what a shame. I do recommend this medication highly."

LACE1941 (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 30, 2013

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Prior to taking Daliresp - had to take inhalers everyday (always before exercising, occasionally just to breathe normally), frequent lung infections (3-4 per year). Felt like I had a lung infection once again when the doctor prescribed this med instead of the typical antibiotics and prednisone. After taking Daliresp - felt much better in a few days, no longer need to take inhalers (only 1x in last 30 days) and exercising (jogging and weights) almost everyday. Big improvement. Only downside - occasional headaches, maybe 3-4 times per week that go away after a couple advils. Overall, big improvement in quality of life."

ejarm (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 16, 2013

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I started it 3 days ago. I felt better on the 2nd day."

JO Ann T April 25, 2013

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Been taking Daliresp for about a year. It has definitively helped my breathing. I am diagnosed with severe COPD. This medicine and twice daily nebulizing with Brovana and Budesonide and Ipratropium for rescue has really helped me."

Anchorron April 2, 2013

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have been using Daliresp for 1 week now. It appears to have improved my breathing but I have several of the side-effects. Now I'm having problems with diarrhea, anxiety and trouble sleeping. I've got a call into my doctor now to see if the side-effects will go away. If they don't I'll have to go back to Advair."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) February 6, 2013

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Originally I had no side effects on Daliresp and noticed better breathing, but after two months I noticed a moderate tremor. PCP put me on primidone for benign essential tremor. After another month the tremor increased significantly and I asked my pharmacist what drugs could be causing this. After she told me Daliresp, I went online to the manufacturer's website and discovered that primidone should NOT be used with Daliresp. Since it is the weekend and my tremors are continuing to increase to the prevention of some normal activities, I've stopped using both until I can talk to doctor's on Monday. "

jobernard (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 4, 2012

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Been on Daliresp for 11 months. No weight loss or stomach issues. Has greatly improved shortness of breath and no bronchitis flare ups. Before Daliresp you could count on at least 3 to 4 flare ups per year."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 18, 2012

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"My husband learned about Daliresp 50mcg after being in ICU for a month...Breathing has improved a great deal."

Anonymous March 11, 2012

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Wow, this pill has helped my father big time. He has been on it since August of 2011 and no exacerbation since then. My father had 3 of them last winter, but thanks to this product, none since he's been taking it. His doctor also said that it would take a while to kick in, however so far so good and he claims that he can breath better."

The one that takes care of the Dad. February 19, 2012

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have been on this only a short time with no side effects and my breathing has improved so much. I believe I can shortly be taken off of prednisone for the first time in 30 months using this along with Brovana and budesonide. No need to say I am thrilled. Now just need to get my insurance to help pay for this."

Diana m December 2, 2011

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Got prescribed this as I'm allergic to prednisone. On it for 3 weeks but only taking 1/2 of the 500 pill daily with food as it was making me quite nauseated and continues but not as bad. A little apprehensive about taking a new medicine (FDA approval 05/11). "

Emberlees November 13, 2011