User Reviews for Rofecoxib to treat Osteoarthritis

Rofecoxib Rating Summary

8.6/10 Average Rating

What next? Compare all 211 medications used in the treatment of Osteoarthritis.

Reviews for Rofecoxib

Tamera · Taken for 2 to 5 years September 24, 2018

Vioxx (rofecoxib): "Nothing can touch Vioxx. I suffer with osteoarthritis because of a spinal cord injury from a motor vehicle accident. Vioxx immediately relived my pain. I suffer greatly from being without it. Please bring it back!!! Let we the users decide if we want to take it or not. We're big boys and girls. A Sports Medicine doctor I am familiar with said all that needs to be done is lower the dose and put it back on the market. He said some people may have had a problem with it because the dosage was too high. Please do this. WE NEED VIOXX!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you for listening."

Taxlady71 June 7, 2016

Vioxx (rofecoxib): "I have had osteoarthritis in my feet and hands since my 40's. Vioxx gave me overnight relief. One day I was limping, the next day I was pain free. I considered it my miracle drug. My doctor had me taking it every day and never told me it might be effective at a lower dose or if taken less frequently. I can't tell you how many times I have wished I had not sent back my 52 remaining pills as recommended. I am now in my 70's. Even knowing about the heart attack risk, I would take it again, in a heart beat. Nothing else works for me like Vioxx did. I am allergic to diclofenac. Ibuprofen helps but does not take away all of the pain unless I double the recommended dose and then not for very long. I hope they reintroduce Vioxx."

Bella and Sister April 25, 2014

Vioxx (rofecoxib): "Please, please bring this wonder medicine back."

Shock August 2, 2013

Vioxx (rofecoxib): "Had severe pain in left shoulder, right elbow, and joint of head & spine and had lived with it for several months. This was due to excessive overworking on a strenuous project. Doctor gave me Vioxx and the first dose wiped out all pain and it did not return. On occasion If I over worked again I would take one pill and it would again work the same wonders - a true miracle! Guess it worked too good and was cutting out doctor visits for all the other stuff that never gave a hint of relief. "

Georgek March 6, 2013

Vioxx (rofecoxib): "This drug's occasional use significantly improved my mobility and almost totally eliminated the significant pain in my knee. felt like like the the " 6 million dollar man with having bionic knees and had no side effect. No impact regarding higher blood pressure. As soon as I stopped taking it, the pain returned. I considered this the greatest pain killer ever developed! I do know I would have to pay attention how to take it if conditional approval would be given."

Sonny 1 November 3, 2011

Vioxx (rofecoxib): "vioxx worked so well for me and other patients that my doctor said I quote "Vioxx was taken off the market because it worked so well that it would eventually eliminate all the other prescription medicines and over the counter antiinflammatory medicines". Vioxx worked so well for me that I was eventually able to cut the pill in half and take 1/2 a 12mg pill every other day."

pity September 23, 2010

Vioxx (rofecoxib): "Vioxx was my miracle drug. I have not had a pain-free day since it was taken off the market. "

John27 May 16, 2010

Vioxx (rofecoxib): "Vioxx was like a miracle drug with its ability to reduce pain. I would take about three a week and this would make my arthritis pain vanish. The drugs I'm on now don't even come close to doing the same job as Vioxx even when taking three and four a day. I've been on Celebrex, Arthrotec and Meloxicam. Bring back Vioxx and let the sufferers chose. These other drugs which do very little for me give me diarrhea and can cause heart attacks too, but minus the relief which Vioxx delivered. I'll bet there's an abundance of people suffering right now who would opt for Vioxx in a heartbeat."

Anonymous November 4, 2009

Vioxx (rofecoxib): "I have serious arthritis in my hips and knees, and no medication including Celebrex has ever worked for me. Vioxx was like a miracle pill for me -- one single pill was all I had to take to enjoy over a month of pain free movement! I seriously doubt that small a dosage would ever give me a heart attack, and besides, that would and should be MY choice, not someone else's. It's a prescription medication -- for heaven's sake, leave it up to the doctors to decide who is at too much risk to take it, and leave it up to US if we want to take that risk. For so many, it isn't a risk at all, nor do they, like me, even need much of it to live without pain. "

JuliusSnoozer April 13, 2009

Vioxx (rofecoxib): "Vioxx stopped the pain wonderfully when I sprained my ankle years ago, though it upset my stomach a bit. Now that I have Osteoarthritis, I hope "they" can come up with something else as effective."

Linda65 February 12, 2009

Vioxx (rofecoxib): "It did not touch my pain."

MacGyver May 4, 2008

Vioxx (rofecoxib): "I took Vioxx and it helped my arthritis pain tremendously, when nothing else would work including prescription pain killers. I suffer from Hemophilia, severe type a. Vioxx works in such away that being hemophiliac is overlooked by the manufacturer. The reason it works so well for me is that hemophilia thins the blood, this decreeses the risk of heartack by blood clots, where as normal people who clot correctly would possibly have a sideffect but for people like me with hemophilia Vioxx helped"

Learn more about Osteoarthritis

ICD-10 CM Clinical Codes (External)