User Reviews for Repaglinide to treat Diabetes, Type 2

Also known as: Prandin

Repaglinide Rating Summary

8.8/10 Average Rating

Compare all 161 medications used in the treatment of Diabetes, Type 2.

Reviews for Repaglinide

JohnIllinois · Taken for 6 months to 1 year June 15, 2018

“It works but you have to take it at the right time before a meal. Apparently does little good taking it right at meal time. I've actually taken it after a meal a few times and saw little improvement or less glucose lowering effect. People should confuse this with Insulin therapy though, because Prandin tries to force your body to produce more insulin which as my doctor says only wears out your pancreas faster in its ability to produce insulin. I only take it for my bigger meals for a boost, but I am beginning to question if its the right therapy considering it might just speed up my diabetes insulin resistance and reduce insulin production. I also take 2000 mg Metformin ER daily. I was on Lantus for a year and just felt it was not really helping me. But I am not convinced Prandin is a great solution either.”

Bill 123450 December 7, 2017

Prandin (repaglinide): “There is a generic brand called Repaglinide if you are looking for the lower costs. Most insurances will cover this. I was on metformin for a couple of years only to be running to the bathroom every time I used it. This product has little side effects and works better.”

Squidz · Taken for less than 1 month December 18, 2016

“Wow, dropped glucose from 220 to 70 in two hours. (1mg.) I am pretty sensitive to medication and I don’t really feel any side effects so far. Been battling a sinus infection for a few months and of course having a hard time controlling glucose, so this is great. I got myself off of my low dose of daily Lantus a few months ago, frankly, scary stuff if you misfire and get all of the insulin dose at once (Lantus crystallizes in fat and if you miss you are in for about 4 hours of low sugar). I would MUCH prefer just taking one of these pills to being on 16u of Lantus!”

abruce77 · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 16, 2015

“Worked well, but I got low blood sugar a few times”

Eisman June 21, 2011

Prandin (repaglinide): “Took metformin to no effect for six years. In six weeks Prandin has dropped me into the 90s, something I thought I would never see. Doctor admits being surprised by the results and has taken me off insulin pen. Overall results are remarkable. Supposed to take three 0.5 mg but usually just take two, three knocks me down to where I have to eat ice cream. That's not so bad though, just unexpected.”

Dfpanl April 18, 2011

Prandin (repaglinide): “I have been using Prandin for about 4 months and it has made a huge difference in my sugar. I would definitely recommend asking your doctor about it.”

Anonymous February 8, 2011

Prandin (repaglinide): “Have had best results with sugar spikes with this medication. Love it.”

kazigee April 5, 2009

Prandin (repaglinide): “I have been using 0.5 mg for over a year and it has worked well for me. I have no side effects but am worried for effects that may surface in the long run. As with any medication the ultimate goal should be to be free of the need for it but in the absence of such possibility my aim is to keep a look out for medications with the least amount of interference in the natural abilities of my body/organs. ”

Anonymous April 4, 2008

Prandin (repaglinide): “No side effects,only stayed on it for 30 days, seemed to be doing a pretty good job of keeping blood levels around 110, reason I dropped it was because my insurance does not cover it and it's REALLY expensive, $3.50 t0 $4.00 bucks a pill.”