User Reviews for Repaglinide

Also known as: Prandin

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Repaglinide.

Diabetes, Type 2
9.2

Summary of Repaglinide reviews 9.3 7 reviews

Reviews for Repaglinide

For Diabetes, Type 2: "Wow, dropped glucose from 220 to 70 in two hours. (1mg.) I am pretty sensitive to medication and I don’t really feel any side effects so far. Been battling a sinus infection for a few months and of course having a hard time controlling glucose, so this is great. I got myself off of my low dose of daily Lantus a few months ago, frankly, scary stuff if you misfire and get all of the insulin dose at once (Lantus crystallizes in fat and if you miss you are in for about 4 hours of low sugar). I would MUCH prefer just taking one of these pills to being on 16u of Lantus!"

Squidz (taken for less than 1 month) December 18, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Diabetes, Type 2: "Worked well, but I got low blood sugar a few times"

abruce77 (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 16, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Prandin (repaglinide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "Took metformin to no effect for six years. In six weeks Prandin has dropped me into the 90s, something I thought I would never see. Doctor admits being surprised by the results and has taken me off insulin pen. Overall results are remarkable. Supposed to take three 0.5 mg but usually just take two, three knocks me down to where I have to eat ice cream. That's not so bad though, just unexpected."

Eisman June 21, 2011

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Prandin (repaglinide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I have been using Prandin for about 4 months and it has made a huge difference in my sugar. I would definitely recommend asking your doctor about it."

Dfpanl April 18, 2011

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Prandin (repaglinide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "Have had best results with sugar spikes with this medication. Love it."

Anonymous February 8, 2011

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Prandin (repaglinide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I have been using 0.5 mg for over a year and it has worked well for me. I have no side effects but am worried for effects that may surface in the long run. As with any medication the ultimate goal should be to be free of the need for it but in the absence of such possibility my aim is to keep a look out for medications with the least amount of interference in the natural abilities of my body/organs. "

kazigee April 5, 2009

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Prandin (repaglinide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "No side effects,only stayed on it for 30 days, seemed to be doing a pretty good job of keeping blood levels around 110, reason I dropped it was because my insurance does not cover it and it's REALLY expensive, $3.50 t0 $4.00 bucks a pill."

Anonymous April 4, 2008