User Reviews for Ranexa

Ranexa Rating Summary

8.0/10 Average Rating

What next? Compare all 163 medications used in the treatment of Angina.

Reviews for Ranexa to treat Angina

"Five stents and put on range a almost immediately. Very good but I still had angina. Last summer, my cardio put me on Norvasc. Absolutely terrific drug for angina. Angina pretty much disappeared. When I ran out last month, for five days, I started having attacks again. Do inquire about it. I am going to talk to her about getting off Ranexa. Super expensive, too, for a retiree, or actually anyone! $1200 a year. I am also going to call the company regarding financial help. Sometimes, they provide it. Only attacks I now have are when I walk in the cold. But spring is coming."

B (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 4, 2018

"Had a stent put in and another needs to be put in but they can't get the wire to it. Trying to fix it with medication and it is working. I've been having pains thinking its Angina. I've been taking 500mg twice a day and its working. No more pains that was Dec. had already met me max payout. Now Jan. and now they want $359.00 for 1 month and almost $1000.00 for 3 months too expensive for me Sorry!! Good medication but I'm NOT paying that"

TTTTTT January 8, 2018

"I have Angina from small artery blockages they cannot Stent. I really can't afford it. I tried to stop taking it and the horrible back pain returned. I took one pill and had relief in an hour. I notice no side effects except constipation. I'm definitely going to have to continue this drug. Perhaps once a day instead of twice. I am supposed to take 500 mg twice a day."

Sandinnalee1 December 7, 2017

"Had two heart caths to fix a blocked right artery but the Docs were unsuccessful. I've been on Ranexa for about a year for angina pain. Started on 1000 mg twice daily but after a couple months I began to get dizzy spells. So I cut back to 500 mg twice daily and I still have no angina pain and now no dizziness. Tried to cut back to 500 mg once a day, but angina came back. So Ranexa definitely helps. I'm now back to taking 500 mg twice daily."

Still Kicking (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 20, 2017

"I was given Ranexa by my Physician Assistant for some minor chest pain. I took 4 doses of Ranexa (500 mg) as prescribed. I experienced dizziness, was light headed. That evening about midnight while I was in bed I had uncontrollable diarrhea, headed to the bathroom, changed pajamas and immediately had uncontrollable diarrhea again. Returning to bed I experienced the uncontrollable diarrhea while asleep. I did not take any more and ended up in the hospital emergency room severely dehydrated. I was there two days with numerous tests. After this experience, I would never take this again. I destroyed the rest of the pills."

Cider man (taken for less than 1 month) August 29, 2017

"This caused dizziness, diarrhea, low blood pressure, nausea, and eventually liver failure for my parent, after less than one month of use. Research this before you start taking this drug."

offspring (taken for less than 1 month) June 15, 2017

"Have been taking this drug for over five years. Had a great drug plan so the $50.00 for a 90 day supply didn't bother me even though I never thought that the drug did anything. Have had two heart bypass surgeries and four stents placed in my coronary arteries in the past 20 years. Cardiologist prescribed this drug cause he ran out of options for my angina. Like I said, never did anything. Recently I lost my good drug plan and now my new Part 'D' prescription drug plan has me paying $225.00 per month for this drug........ridiculous. The manufacturer offers discounts on line which is just another 'rip'. Their own product literature says that 'we don't really understand how it works'.....well guess what; it doesn't. This drug is a scam"

dooba (taken for 5 to 10 years) March 4, 2017

"I have never felt so out of control in my life, the severe anxiety was terrifying. The tapping sensations in my face and leg were so acute,it was intolerable. I am now bleeding when I urinate. Constipation and swollen stomach are awful. I am only on 375my X 2 per day. I've stopped taking them yesterday have felt a lot better, but had a angina attack this morning. Waiting to have a conversation with my gp. Via phone. I am due for an angiogramme on this Friday, toponin levels after my last hospital episode were 3 on arrival but after twelve hours were 26. WAS TOLD NEED ANGIOGRAM. can anyone on here tell me what to expect and if any of your experiences are similar. I also had a tumor removed from my ureter, and have had bladder cancer. "

Tiggy6969 January 25, 2017

"I have suffered from Angina for the past 5 years. Since I started Renexa there are days I go with no Angina symptoms. I have been on Renexa 500mg twice a day. When I do experience Angina symptoms they can last 1 to 2 days in a row and pretty strong symptoms. It can be very frustrating! My cardiologist has ran several test bloodwork, CT Angiogram, stress test, etc... He currently is just monitoring me and has me on Renexa, Metropolol 50 mg and 40 mg of simvastatin."

Bag of bones January 22, 2017

"took 1000 mg tab Friday evening Saturday morning and evening. Have had Diaraeh since midnigtht Friday night"

Santa Larry December 18, 2016

"I was prescribed Renexa to increase blood flow in preparation for a heart cath. Heart cath showed no heart disease. Upon taking Renexa, by the 2nd day I observed that my Fibromyalgia pain was completely gone! My cardiologist said they have seen cases where it has helped with fibromyalgia. He said I absolutely could continue with Renexa for fibromyalgia. I have not taken a single pain pill since!"

Jansnestings (taken for less than 1 month) October 24, 2016

"Took Ranexa for a short period and experienced severe urinary symptoms. After being examined by a Nephrologist, I was found to have an acute kidney failure. He immediately took me off Ranexa - and with long and disciplined treatment I was brought back to "almost normal" kidney function. However, it is clear from my regular blood tests over several years that Ranexa has caused lasting kidney damage which shows evidence of being permanent.."

lb_bad_ranexa September 21, 2016

"Suffered from angina on excersion. Have had now 6 cath, 7 stents and a bypass. Started on 500 mg twice a day. I was increased to 1000 mg twice a day, by the 4th day I was so sick. Dizzy, confused, high blood pressure ended up in the hospital. Went back on 500 because I thought it was the ranexa. After another check up my doctor told me he was sure it wasn't the 1000 mg dose so I increased it , four days in and wham felt horrible. Went back to 500 and felt alright and didn't need my nitro. But then I got blocked up and had my seventh stent. No angina now and I came of the ranexa."

Steve101360 July 15, 2016

"I have been taking Ranexa twice a day for 1 1/2 years as l have Prinzemetal Angina. I am unable to function without it. I also find the following tablets very effective Adalat and Dipen which widen my arteries. I getting swelling so l take Lasix for that."

Ms E June 18, 2016

"I am on Ronexa 1000mg since 1 year now. I still have pain in chest and arm, plus serious constipation and terible memory Los it's short term memory loss I am talking. Like going for glass of water from fridge and forget half the way why I walk upto there."

Ansur April 6, 2016

"Have been Taking for 3 years, not a single side effect, since I take 14 different medications for various issues, I have thoroughly tested this medication in and out for side effects, everyone is different and reacts different to medications...I take 1000mg a day."

Scotttman8 (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 22, 2016

"Wish I could say it was effective, but I could not get past the side effects within the first week. I was light-headed,dizz, faint and did not feel much like myself. The doctor told me I needed an adjusting period. By the second week, it was too much and I stop taking the pills. So now I'm wearing a nitroglycerin patch and carry Nitro pills with me at all times. I'm on an EECP machine which dilates vessels and supposedly encourages new vessel growth. This treatment is 5 days a week, 1 hour per session for 7 weeks."

Gbgoul (taken for less than 1 month) March 19, 2016

"Was having bad bouts of angina daily. Could not sweep with a broom the entire floor and stood on a nightly basis to try and get to sleep cause. Since ranexa its like I can sleep I can clean a little more. Its just what I need if I can get past all the side effects."

Tonya T (taken for less than 1 month) January 14, 2016

"Caused nausea, dizziness"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 30, 2015

"Have been taking Ranexa for 6 months (as of 10/29/2015) - 500mg twice daily. Pretty much worthless. Still have chest pains; still using nitro pills"

retiredpub October 29, 2015

"Weight loss. Glucose reduction , off insulin. Taking orals only."

shielarae August 7, 2015

"After some scary bouts of angina the Dr. put me on Ranexa. I am really impressed what i can work hard at age 74 minus the chest pains. I was pleasantly surprised when my A1c dropped significantly. I have had some problems that I am not sure if they are side effects. Serious swelling of my feet and ankles, increase in neuropathic pain in my feet and toes and wrists. Weight gain that I can't explain and bloating of abdomen. I will contact the cardiologist to see if the dosage can be less than 500 mg twice a day."

Jerry K. June 7, 2015

"To me, this is a wonder drug!! I'm serious! I'm not saying that my chest pains with palpitations are completely gone because they're not. Yet, with Ranexa, I can deal with it. The first time I began taking it I walked about 3-4 blocks without stopping to catch my breath. At first it scared me thinking I did or was doing something wrong. But it was the Ranexa that made the difference!"

Onetwentyfive (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 7, 2015

"I have been on Ranexa for approximately 5 years and do not have any angina since then. My only side effect that I have from this medication is "ringing in the ears" since I went on this medication, otherwise no complaints except for the cost."

Mr E March 20, 2015

"I had a cardiac cath Sept 2013, I was diagnosed with heart failure, a blockage that can not be repaired and obstructed cardiomyothrapy also 2 heart attacks, before Ranexa, I was in alot of pain, I take 1000 mg twice a day, all though I do have some pain, Ranexa has helped alot and given me some relief, my Dr said that was normal with my conditions, but I have gotten some relief"

moonkey February 15, 2015